Search results for query: *

1. somaholiday

[1.1.0 Beta] Low skill xp gain is too high now

You mean in terms of the weighting? Yeah, I was just looking at it in absolute terms, but I think most people don't realize how much the weighting factor actually affects it, they see 0 to 50 and by it going up fast, they think it's out of control.
  2. somaholiday

[1.1.0 Beta] Low skill xp gain is too high now

While it does appear quite fast in the beginning, it does slow down when you hit the 100s, which is actually the midpoint, so I honestly feel that it's in a good spot right now.
  3. somaholiday

Finished My First Playthrough, Here's the Rundown After 140 Hours

Great write-up, been wondering about a lot of these things. Nice to see them explained, looking forward to your next playthrough :smile:
  4. somaholiday

SP - World Map My suggestion to make hideouts more fun.

My biggest issue with hideouts is if you leave any bandits outside, they'll just make another one in a day or two, and the amount of time wasted to chase down 8 mini-groups of bandits is a colossal waste of time. Second biggest issue is that the player is literally the only agent in the game that can clear hideouts, unless you take a mission from a village and assign a companion, NPC armies/mercenaries do not clear out hideouts, so if you are operating on one side of the map, the bandit infestation can get particularly bad and unbalance the map on another side of it simply because the player and companions acting through the player are literally the only people that can clear them.
  5. somaholiday

Why doesn't food spoil in the game? (also weapons/armor degrade and soldiers not aging/retiring)

People keep mentioning food, food for armies, food for horses, food spoiling, but they are forgetting a simple fact that the AI, at present, can't even handle non-spoiling food without starving, these mechanics, unless the AI is significantly revamped, will only make the game far worse at present.

In addition, should this be a priority now? Or should it be revisited after the dev team has actually introduced critical/important features? Right now, this will do nothing but break the AI even more than it already is, and it's obviously extremely debatable if it would really offer anything, even if it works with the AI, in place of other features that could make the game more fun.
  6. somaholiday

I can not choose my Mods

Thanks!. The native mode have the last patch updates even if u already start a game on diferent patch?

Yes. But there is a beta path you can opt into if you wish on Steam.
  7. somaholiday

Easy Money Sink Idea

It should also be applied to AI. The biggest issue I see with this, is that the AI needs to be fine tuned to act less dumb before this is implemented. We shouldn't have 0 stack Lords running around going bankrupt with ransoms because they are behaving dumb and getting captured by looters and bandits.

But I think this, combined with war goals, e.g. obtaining enough war spoils, dollar wise, or certain territories, could work well.
  8. somaholiday

I can not choose my Mods

You don't have to download mods, they are optional, but if you want to download them, you have to go to nexusmods. I would recommend installing the 'vortex' mod manager, then you can download your mods into that. I would first try to just play the game before you install mods.
  9. somaholiday

Easy Money Sink Idea

Set ransoms for companions, clan members, vassals, and yourself as a proportion of your total net worth. Early on, given you don't have much, this will just be a nuisance, similar to how it already is, but as time goes on, and you amass more wealth, you set the ransoms much, much higher. Given...
  10. somaholiday

I can not choose my Mods

Going to need more information than this...how did you install the mods? In the launcher, you select the 'mods' tab next to 'news' and you see nothing/can't select anything? What mods did you install? Did you remember to elevate the files?
  11. somaholiday

Beta Branch e1.1.0

How does one "opt in" to the beta or alpha branch?

Right click Bannerlord in Steam Library - > Properties - > Betas tab -> Drop down menu to e1.1 beta.
    If you want to opt out after you do it, you do the same thing but select 'opt out of betas'.
  12. somaholiday

A different perspective on XP gain.

I voted for the generational playthroughs, but I think experience gain should be left up to the player with a slider.
  13. somaholiday

Beta Branch e1.1.0

I rather like the skill gain, it actually makes sense considering you are hiring companions with 3x the skill points as you for 1000 denars, while you are basically dead weight. When you couple this with the supposed generational mechanic when that becomes available/working, this should make character development interesting and less of a slog.

If they achieve a better balance between renown, fief management, economy, clan, family/generation, and skill development then you'll need to be concerned with 6 aspects/resources and none of them, frankly, should feel like a slog, just as long as there is challenge elsewhere. But I'm a huge proponent of giving choice to the player, and frankly hate when people try to lobby for a 'my way is the only way', so maybe down the line they can offer a slider for experience gain to the various other sliders available.
  14. somaholiday

Beta Branch e1.1.0

I used my savegame from v1.0.3 until now.
    Altough I started the game using around 5 mods, now I have around 15 mods.
    The reason I have to start a new game is:
    My shield maidens got Two handed to 328 points all of a sudden and together with the perk that gives them 0.2% running speed for every point over 200 they are running faster now than some of my cavs...
    I tried to lower it with dev console and I tried to kick them off my party but the next companion I git (... the Red) also got 328 points in Two handed, maybe from a tournament I played in that town....

This is because skill gain is also retroactively applied, and this shows you how broken the previous skill system was. It's fine if you start a new playthrough, but if you reload old saves it gets weird.
  15. somaholiday

Simulated battle exp

Frankly, I'm a bit baffled why they are 'balancing' these things now. This sounds like ready-to-release fine tuning kinds of changes. It would also take into account the many other changes that are incorporated from now until then and then balanced accordingly. Changing this now may mean they need to change it later, or change it again to accommodate the reality of introducing other features/factional states.
  16. somaholiday

Simulated battle exp

So they are going to fix the starvation problem? How does that help people who are landless?

DOOMED. Could also bank them with a companion party, but this is risky. I'm not proposing solutions here, I'm simply presenting options to the player at the present state of affairs.
  17. somaholiday

Simulated battle exp

Will probably need to train up troops and bank them in a garrison to have a steady supply of high tiers. Also, this will probably be expensive too.
  18. somaholiday

Voting For Who Gets What

While the system is somewhat mystified and needs to be explained, another issue is that there is no politicking with fellow vassals, it would be quite fun to engage in some mild intrigue to undermine other ambitious vassals and ensure you might get a better slot in the running in the future, but nothing like this exists at present.

From reading other posts, it seems it has something to do with: 1) whether or not you have a fief, 2) proximity of the captured area to existing fiefs, specifically castles only apparently, 3) whether or not your lord is a greedy mf, 4) participation in the army (not necessarily the fight per se), 5) clan rank is also apparently heavily weighed as well.

The main problem I have with this system is the relations issue with lords and nobles at present, some of it being cheesy (1 denar to get charm up), and others being broken. You should be able to grease the wheels if you will with fellow vassals, including your liege, through 1) your actions, 2) coin, 3) bailing them out of difficult situations, giving significant relations boosts for any of these items. It should not be unusual for an active lord/lady to get great relations with everyone assuming 1) you aren't voting against them constantly and 2) you have been doing things for them, helping them out. Due to the semi-broken relations system, coupled with the arcane mechanics of being in the running, and adding the extra lack of intrigue, it makes the system incredibly random and obnoxious at present.
  19. somaholiday

SP - Economy Infinite income issue and solutions

Or just add sinks to that money, make it so you have more money going out the door. Castle improvements? Garrison fees for upgrading troops? Peasant fees for increased production of goods? Increased security patrols around settlements and castles to clean up looters and bandits? Rivalries and bribing for relations with other faction clans/lords? Slightly increased costs to higher tier troops?

People keep saying to cap income, but the problem is that there is nothing to spend the money on, so whatever you nerf it to, you'll still wind up in the same situation, it will just take longer and make the game more of a slog, increasing sinks would be a much better option.
Back
Top Bottom