Search results for query: *

1. POLL: The Empire.... DO we NEED three of them?

So youre ok with each empire faction having the exact same troop trees with no differences in structure and troops types? why not have different special troops across each of the special troops. so their base troops have the same tree. but the special troops that go to tier6 have some variations?
    They were a single nation only 10 years ago or something in the game lore. There maybe should be a little variety. Say auxilliary hillmen in the north, horse archers in the east, whatever in the west.

But it's supposed to be analogous to the Roman Empire in the middle of one of their many civil wars. Maybe : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_wars_of_the_Tetrarchy

So most of the troops would be legionaries, with a few local auxilliaries for flavour.
  2. So guys, how did you besiege a castle solo?

Execute their Lords. They'll run out eventually
  3. The Persuasion checks are far far too punishing

Yeah, it really shouldn't all hinge on that one conversation like that.
  4. Problem with mods

I can't even get them to load in. Have them unzipped in the Modules folder, and they just don't appear when you start the game to even click them to activate or whatever.
  5. (SAME) Faction troops in Faction armies [WOULD MAKE SENSE]

Quintilius Varus?!
    Give me back my Legions!!
  6. (SAME) Faction troops in Faction armies [WOULD MAKE SENSE]

Like I said, this happens too often in game and not just only lords are defecting or take other land and build troops from other lands!
    But I can't prove it's all random, because I would have to be a beta tester to do that and nobody pays me for this.

And if the Roman Empire would conquer Viking land and settle there, would they train vikings there and use them to kill other vikings? I guess not! In fact they would no train troops there for a while, until the mix of cultures would take place. Like it happened with Romania.

It's not like, now suddenly the romans have just arabic troops in their armies! They became Romarabia.
    Romans used extensively auxilliary troops from the provinces they conquered. Most of the cavalry in the late Republic period onwards was provincial auxilliaries.

Read some books on history, you don't know what you're talking about and it makes you seem like the only history you know is HBO and Starz programs
  7. (SAME) Faction troops in Faction armies [WOULD MAKE SENSE]

1. I don't think so!!! Switching parties is not like in political parties these days!
    How often in the history do you think that happened??? Almost never! Vikings attacking their own ppl on the roman empire's side? Are you from this world???
    How about Empire having troups just made out of Aserai?? How's that logic? EVERY ARMY in this game has random troops!!! How is that logic?

2. I know they are not vikings and romans and how they are called in game. I was an example Duuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhh... jesus
    Vikings served the Byzantine Emperor. Google Varangian Guard
  8. Hastati / Skolders - recruitable?

I don't know where the minors get their unique troops from, since you can't recruit them normally and the devs have stated nobody spawns in troops.

Late-game I usually see them with standard troop loadouts if they've fought a bunch of battles or been defeated.
    Possibly they're unmapped from normal recruits. There's a couple of units that don't have a mapped progression, but do progress. I think villagers if you right click dont have progression, but if they get experience you can level them up to militiamen
  9. Fastest skill to level?

she uses a slot, yes. but your spouse is a better leader than any companion you meet in a tavern. the good ones start with 120 or so steward, she gets a full set of high end armor (which you can use for yourself, im speaking 40+ of armor) and starts with some free units, some elite aswell. on top of that, she pays you as long as her party doesn't grow too large. she is able to lead 80+ soldiers right of the bat.

edit: tried this with sigilt (spelling?) of vlandia and 2 other vlandian wifes (Siggy is best waifu though) her stats are amazing and you can go for her as soon as you have 5-6k gold to buy her from her father (clan level 1-2 for the stats in your own party, and with clan level 3 as permanent partyleader in your army)
    Thanks for hte tips!
  10. Fastest skill to level?

Depends on what you count as fastest. Sitting at town on fast speed and rebuying food occassionally for syewardship is the fastet one I know. But maybe I am doing something wrong with the rest because I cant get them beyond 40 for the love of christ
    Have you spent points to make sure you can learn past 40?
  11. Fastest skill to level?

leadership is easy to gain aswell, only a bit slower, just make an army with your spouse and companions as other partyleaders and get that morale up.
    a good wife can initially lead more men than you can until clan level 3, very amusing.

companions are influence free to add to your army. and a spouse even pays for her own party until it becomes too elite heavy
    I don't suppose she gets a party slot to herself, or does she use up of your limited clan slots?
  12. It has not been 8 years...

Some guys just couldn't be like you I don't understand why they are so angry about everything.
    I think a lot of peole have never bought an Early Access game, and it really shows. Tbh it's in a better state than I expected. The engine works. It's holding up well even on my ****ty laptop with hundreds of men on the battlefield. There's some rescource hogging issues but I'd say that's poor rescource allocation not the engine itself.

All in all I think the fundamentals are pretty good. What comes next is adding content. Which, not being mean here, you can train a monkey to do. They'll have worked out their SOP for building out quest scripts, for weapon models. for relationship interactions by now and you don't need high level coding to build out a bunch of content, you just need some creative people to write up stories etc and a couple of junior guys to crunch the code in.
  13. Roadmaps and Implementations?

To be honest I think this is what they need to do to placate the masses a little.

An awful lot of people have never bought an early access game before and it really ****ing shows with how strung out people are about some things.

I don't expect to see good content, full quest lines, lots of voice acting, lots of polished modelling etc in the game at this point. Holy hell, I got The Forest on EA and it was an empty shell at first. Beatiful, but literally ****ing nothing to do but build shelters and avoid the ****ing cannibals.

I'm more worried about finding limitations with the engine because that's where the real elbow grease has been spent. I don't really care about quests, armour models etc, that can all be added relatively easily but having spent a signifigant portion of 8 years on the engine, going back to work on that wil be disastrous.
  14. It has not been 8 years...

LOL So true. I can only stab with mine, even at full gallop and using a lance that's marked as couchable. Even my KNIGHTS LANCE can't be couched. /sigh. *Picks up a Bastard Sword*
    You need a fast horse. 44 speed or greater I think it is. After that you'll be able to couch, but have to recouch after every strike. Also resets if you're hit
  15. So many ways to lose relationship with lords, yet so few ways to gain

Yeah, the whole relations system needs a big overhaul at least concerning the numbers. Abstaining shouldn't punish you at all in my opinion. If the player has to spend a minimum of 50 influence every time a castle is taken, they'll never have enough influence to do anything...
    Abstaining should maybe be punsished if a lord you have high relationship with expects your support. But that's only if you have like 50+ positive relationship or something.

I don't find influence too hard to get. Some of the edicts or whatever they are, are pretty powerful generators. I think I get like +60 a day which is enough to pretty much hold an army of 5-6 lords, 500-600 troops pretty much indefinitely, which is kind of broken in and of itself.

Edit: Just checked, I get +35 from Council of the Commons alone.
  16. So many ways to lose relationship with lords, yet so few ways to gain

Another problem I've noticed is that lords don't stay captive for long. I put a prisoner in my castle and he escapes in like 3 days max.
    That at least will be moddable. There was a great little mod tool for OG m&b that let you tweak stuff like escape percentages etc
  17. So many ways to lose relationship with lords, yet so few ways to gain

Agreed, in warband sieges were an exceptional way of gaining reputation, especially when you talked to everyone on the feast after a successful siege, it had a certain roleplay feeling to it. But here the only reliable way are not imprisoning lords and doing their quests as far as I know.
    And they offer so few quests. I don't recall getting one after I was made a vassal. There should be quests for armies etc "Hey come fight with us, bring some sheep/swords/horses/trained men with you.

Didn't there used to be rescue quests too? x lord is captive, go free him etc.

These are not big tasks. The framework is already there, the quests just need to be scripted in
  18. So many ways to lose relationship with lords, yet so few ways to gain

It’s so weird. I have -46 relationship with my king’s clan and I have no idea why. Didn’t do shady ****, didn’t murder any noble, voted for him mostly.. doesn’t make sense.
    Same happened to me. I think some of the relationship changes happen in the background.

For examplee you get notified of the negative/positive changes when you bring a change of policy to the court, but if someone else and you just support/oppose it. you get no notifications but I'm pretty sure they're still happening.

Same with supporting lords for fiefs. You don't get the notificiation that such and such a clan is glad you supported their guy, but I'm pretty sure they happen.

Not entirely unhappy with that. When you have a big policy brought to the table in a large empire you can get 30+ of those stupid dings.

There should be a message log that collates all of the changes from a single action in a single list that yu can just read if you care.
  19. It needs to be stated.

I am pretty sure that they did not do much in depth play testing. They could have, and then the game would have been released in another 3 to 4 years. Would that have been preferable? I am not persuaded.

It is also much easier to find all the bugs when you have a large playerbase testing your product. Can you imagine how many hours of testing it would have taken to have data comparable to what they are receiving now from us?

I would take issue with this if they were just ignoring the problems, but from what I am seeing they are working to fix them (e.g., the save corruption bug). Admittedly some more communication on the forum would be nice.
    There's also the issue of finding bugs on different systems. I've playtested for PC and console and the PC testing team has a much harder job because some bugs are hardware related and it's not as simple always as needing more memory etc. Especially on older chipsets.
Back
Top Bottom