Search results for query: *

1. Playing as a small warband (clan tier1-ish) feels really bad

I have to say, i don't recruit (more than 5 men to act as my body guards and carry my stuff) until i reach clan lvl 2. Before that i'm questing/tourneying, it feels much better.

I try to level up to lvl 10-15 before having an army, as i don't like my soldiers being much higher level than i am.
  2. MP Potentially new game type: Multiplayer campaign

The real problem would be the battle-time. You can't really pause the game everytime battles happen, and you can't let the same amount of time pass on the real world and on the battle map (else battles would take WEEKS).
  3. What happened to my Nords?

Vaegris hired nordic mercenaries which settled there, combining their cultures and now they are called Sturgia. At least that's what I heard happened.
    Don't quote me on this.
    Bannerlord comes before WB, so at the time of BL Vaegir never existed. They descent from Sturgia, not the other way around.
  4. SP - General Warband's Missing Features Megathread

Lords have quests in Bannerlord aswell
    I've seen 3 :
    - Company of trouble : the quest nobody wants to make because your generally lose more than you win
    - Spy party : never was able to finish it. I know it's been fixed (in theory) recently, i'll have to try it again
    - Capture a person, i think.

In WB you could :
    - Be asked to generate a war
    - Raid a village, get some cattle, scout a bit, etc (marechal quests)
    - Free a prisonner
    - Collect taxes
    - Bandit hideout
    - Deliver letters (boring, but still)

I really like how they try to do more complex quests in bannerlord (army of poachers, rescue girl, family feud, all those quests have some nice dialog) but it looks like that prevents them from putting enough of them, so right now you have to do 15 family feuds and 20 daughter rescues in the early game, and it's really tedious.

I loved all those new quests the first 3 times i did them, but then they become such a chore...
  5. Caravans should be safe income source or not?

Their current speed is kinda insane if you think about what a caravan is supposed to be. If they get engaged in the first place, it's because of bad IA movement, because no army can catch up with them.

And even if you catch up with them, you actually need some good army to defeat them (because of their archers numbers).

So i'd say they need to tone down their speed a bit, OR make them less defended (because right now no bandit can attack a caravan).
  6. SP - General Warband's Missing Features Megathread

- Warband had quests from lords (even the infamous "Post-guy" quest).

- Companions having some personality

- FEASTS
  7. Formation system need a rework: infantry just can't fight properly

Romans fought against the entire world, so assuming they had ONE fighting formation is incredibly simplistic. They fought against greeks, egyptians, carthago, brits, gallic, germans, persians, ... And being the military geniuses they were, they adapted incredibly well to all those enemies.

There are a few basics to the roman army : strong reliance on citizen infantry and throwing weapons, and their uniform was pretty consistent. But from that standpoint it varies greatly from one campaign to another.
  8. Charm exploit

If only the amount of effort for exploit fixes would go to actual content. If the player wants to exploit it, just let him, these shouldn't be top priority imo. They should be in the last patch before final launch.

I'm playing a beta-branch game, i report bugs. Whether they fix it now or in a year, i don't care, i'm playing my part.

It was at 1 denar, which is still pretty lame, but giving anyone a dollar will do something. Like I said, 100 seems reasonable

Again, you DON'T EVEN have to give 1 denar. You can trade "Nothing" for "Nothing", and it's a successful deal.
  9. Charm exploit

Not sure why giving money and receiving experience is an exploit; it's a trade. They could change it to 100 denars or something to make it a little more reasonable for level ups. Charm as it is is pretty hard to level, like many of the other skills.
    You don't have to give money. You can trade "nothing" for "nothing" and you'll still get XP. So no, charm is litterally the easiest skill to level up in this patch.
  10. This game desperately needs more macro dynamic!

Victoria 2 player spotted.
  11. SP - General Sturgia worst performing faction, due to having the worst Troop tree, Liege AI, Economy and Geography.

That's actually pretty reasonable and how it should be. Elite units are elite, they shouldn't make the meta of the faction.

Indeed. The problem is that Battania has no other archer than those nobles, which makes the empire and the vlandian more "archery" than the battanians, simply because battanians refuse to learn how to shoot if they are not of noble blood.

But battanians are a more "heavy cavalry" faction than the empire, despite the empire having better cavalry, because imperial peasants can't ride a horse while battanians can.

I like the noble units, but it puts the factions identity on its head : the most "archery" faction is the one that actually has the least amount of archers. The most "cavalry" factions are the ones than don't have that many cavalry units, because nobles are rare.

You are mistaking Sturgia for Nords. They are not. They are predecessor to Vaegirs instead. It's clearly mentioned in the lore.
    Then why do they have the worst archers in the game ?
  12. SP - General Sturgia worst performing faction, due to having the worst Troop tree, Liege AI, Economy and Geography.

About sturgian infantry, i think looking at brigands might show us the issue :

- Looters are trash tier, of course
    - Wood brigands had to be nerfed because of how prevalent archery is
    - Mountain bandits are throwing-heavy, and have some really good cavalry, so they are strong
    - Step bandits are pretty much all horse-archers, so they are broken
    - Desert bandits are pretty weak, but have the amazing throwing-cavalry (hasari ?)
    - Sea bandits... they used to be killing-machines in warband with their amazing armors. Now they have spears, that don't really work that well, and throwing weapons that are inferior to bows in every regard, and an insufficient armor.

So it seems the devs are struggling to make infantry units viable, even in the bandit meta.
  13. SP - General Sturgia worst performing faction, due to having the worst Troop tree, Liege AI, Economy and Geography.

One thing that is very odd in this game is the noble troops system. I know Battanians are better archers than everyone IN THEORY, but in practice vlandian and imperial will have more archers than them because of how hard it is to recruit them.

Comparatively, battanians can spam the heck out of their cavalry that is amazingly easy to recruit, far easier than vlandian or imperial cavalry.

Those facts are because in a time of war, the IA will pretty much recruit nothing but recruits, and thus the recruit-tree will shape the meta of the faction, and not the noble-tree.
  14. SP - General Sturgia worst performing faction, due to having the worst Troop tree, Liege AI, Economy and Geography.

I love how OP didn't even mention the Aserai. Most forgettable faction in the game :grin:

This entire line needs to be reexamined from the ground up. Sturgia doesn't need a bargain bin cataphract with a broken skill allocation. You know what I'd want to see for the noble line? An upgraded Skolder Veteran Brotva. This is the unique line of troops that the lake-rat Sturgian subfaction has. Spear + Axe + Throwing Javelins with the iconic big shield and a sane stat lineup. Slap the veteran armor on this bad-boy and you have the most the most elite melee infantry unit in the game. A unit worthy of being called a t6 noble unit that embodies Sturgia's strengths rather than this broken and disappointing compromise.

This +999
  15. Charm exploit

Yes, this is an issue. I mean, you dont have to exploit this if you dont want to, but it is kinda silly that you can do it.
    When i barter to increase my charm, i buy a horse of them at least that way i dont feel guilty.
    Exploits in general are only an issue if you do exploit them, but there existence is still a sign that the game needs some work.
  16. How are you guys making money?

Buy horses in Khuzait.

Sell horses in Vlandia.

Become crazy rich.
  17. Charm exploit

You get Charm XP for making barters, even if you don't barter anything. - Show up to a noble - Barter - Trade "nothing" for "nothing" - He accepts ! - Congrats, you suceeded a barter, have some free XP !
  18. Beta Branch e1.1.0

XP gains are boosted which changes the experience of patient-but-rewarding grinding in Warband. I feel 0 effort in everything I do as within a few hours I raised to 50+ renown and could easily join a faction to increase income and renown even more. I also hope this is a temporary fix as it removed one of the bigger strenghts of the game which is its ability to create a steep experience curve.
    It's probably meant to allow us to experience more of the game faster (since our saves are scrapped regularly) so we can generate more interesting data ?
  19. Evolution is wrong,Development is right

*Insert picture of Michael Jackson eating popcorn
  20. Evolution is wrong,Development is right

Politican?

Don't ask what your politi-can do for you, ask what you can do for your politican :smile:
Back
Top Bottom