Search results for query: *

1. wherearewee

Beta Branch Patch Notes e1.2.0

that would work for a sword not spear
    spear is about distance if you get to close they cant attack if you get too far they cant attack if u stand in between u can attack sometimes moving forward is how you block it just needs getting used to i assume

sword fights u move left and right to circle them
    spear u move forward and backward
    all my spear fights end with me just poking their faces full of holes because they dont know how to block when you attack from a couple of paces away

also if you shield bash them and step to the side you can usually get a hit in before they recover but that feels like cheesing too
  2. wherearewee

my favorite tournament weapon i never take a hit and kill teams 1v4 fully with it... i think its you bro
    do you cheese the fights though?

do you circle the enemy counter clockwise so they cant block you?
  3. wherearewee

SP - Battles & Sieges beta branch 1.2 max size battles continue to crash

The game locks up during big battles of over 500v500, and it wont even allow a crash report im forced to shut the game down manually pretty much every huge battle ive had since launch has ended this way, with the game locking up completely and me unable to do anything except shut down the game...
  4. wherearewee

SP - General Devs: Please add the Multiplayer menu music to the Singleplayer character creation screen

The ambient music in MP is so damn good, and the character creation menu in SP is just empty of all music. Please add the MP menus ambient track to character creation!
  5. wherearewee

SP - General Abandoning an outnumbered allied army should cause negative relations

As far as I can tell, there's no consequence for just abandoning an army that comes under attack by an overwhelming force. There should definitely be a relations penalty for abandoning an outmatched allied army just to save your own skin (and your hard won clan of veteran troops).
  6. wherearewee

law of minimum effort

I used to do that, that's what I say, they remove that characteristic.

I sent an army of 20 troops to fight 18 looters and only two promoted.
    Before, he had sent them to fight against 6 looters and none of them promoted.
    Maybe it has to do with the fact that this is a new game and I have no leadership ...

Edit: well, apparently the advantage in being promoted now is in personally going to fight, which is much better !! I fought against a group of 6 looters and 3 troops ascended
    Yeah they nerfed auto resolve xp
  7. wherearewee

POLL: The Empire.... DO we NEED three of them?

In reality, the Western Roman Empire had equipment and organisational differences from the Eastern Roman Empire, the latter of which was heavily influenced by Eastern military practices.
    But was that the reality of the situation from the start? It's my understanding that the Empire split in Calradia is pretty recent.

Did it take time for West and East Rome to develop these differences, or did they simply start that way when they divided?
  8. wherearewee

POLL: The Empire.... DO we NEED three of them?

It wouldn't make much sense from a fictional historic standpoint for the three factions to have different troops. It was a civil war and not that much time has passed since they split from each other.
  9. wherearewee

law of minimum effort

I've not noticed a difficulty in promoting troops. If you want them to level up, just send them into the melee. I'm promoting like a half dozen recruits per battle.
  10. wherearewee

Does square formation set your troops to defensive only, no attacking?

yes it is a defensive position so their rate of attack will be drastically reduced.
    But should their rate of attack be reduced to zero
  11. wherearewee

If the enemy approaches they fight. So if you want them to fight in formation you just have to bring them closer in that formation.
    Ok but I've been in enough sieges now and I've seen the enemy not fight at all. Like, with people swinging swords at their heads. My troops do the same thing. They just hold up their shields and take blows. No one swings back.
  12. wherearewee

Early in the game I noticed castle defenders in the courtyard were not attacking, they were just bunched into a square and eating hits from all sides. Earlier today I set my units to square formation in front of a small bridge ot defend against looters, and my troops just ate their attacks and...
  13. wherearewee

Troops and combat AI are still unbalanced, maybe even worse in this new branch.

I should not, on the hardest difficulty settings, be able to breeze through Battanian Heroes in a tournament, as a low level character. And watchmen shouldn't be dropping veteran infantry in three hits. The enemy attacks, I block, i counter attack and hit until they're dead. It's like none of them know how to sustain blocking during a fight now. The combat is too easy and it's quickly knocking the fun out of the game.
  14. wherearewee

SP - General Bandit camps MUST be changed immediately!!!

Yeah because they can run faster than my cavalry eh lol my army would encircle them and they would run into a wall of spears and volley after volley of arrows.
    They literally tell you that it's an area that's difficult to access (imagine a narrow precipice or a rotting bridge or densely packed forest or any of the hundreds of other ways it might be hard to get into someplace with an army), meaning no you cannot ride an army of horses or even several horses into the camp, especially not at NIGHT DUDE. There's approximately one paragraph of information to process in order to understand why you can't attack with an army. It translates to: They will see you coming during the day, the approach is treacherous and only passable by a small company, and the hideout itself is tucked away in a hard to access spot.

I'm not saying hideouts are perfectly balanced right now, but it is absolutely astonishing that you can't understand the basic idea behind the scenario for attacking hideouts.
  15. wherearewee

SP - General Bandit camps MUST be changed immediately!!!

How tf do you people not understand the reasoning behind attacking at night? It is literally spelled out for you in the game.

If you approach during the day, they will spot you, and they will flee.
  16. wherearewee

Playing as a small warband (clan tier1-ish) feels really bad

My early game is tournaments, practice fights, and high paying quests. I use that money to recruit the first of my companions from various cities. Once I have those slots filled, I recruit my soldiers based on what kind of mercenary company I want to run. I usually have a focus, like heavy cavalry, infantry, skirmishers, or even an archer company. I always put all my companions on horses. I send the recruits into the meat grinder against looters and bandits to level them, with my character and companions acting as a small light cavalry flanking force to ensure victory. Meanwhile I take more quests and win tournaments for coin to better outfit my captains and hire replacement recruits.

Once I feel I've properly outfitted my captains from the spoils of war, I start a merc contract with whatever faction I feel like supporting. Then I start turning in looters and bandits for influence which converts to decent coin over time.

I don't think I ever spend more than 20 minutes as a Tier 0 clan, and Tier 2 hits pretty quick once you've been merc'ing for a bit. Then it's off to find a spouse and make babies for a late game I'll never see because I'm in a state of perpetually starting over due to new inspiration for characters and companies.
  17. wherearewee

Death

I've seen companions listed as dead in post-battle menus but they're still alive when I return to the party screen.
  18. wherearewee

SP - General AI should secure area and properly garrison major cities/castles before leaving

Far too many times I've seen enemy troops just waiting for the main allied army to move out of the area so they can instantly retake what they lost. I watched 900 Vlandians retake Jalmarys, with an enemy Empire army of 300 just sitting nearby watching. Vlandia takes the city and then just...
  19. wherearewee

SP - General Major Battles of 200 warriors or more should have a small opening cinematic

Total War did that on same of its titles with mix results. It is the sort of thingy that it is cool at first, but it can get boring pretty fast as well if it gets repetitive.

Having a few buttons to execute cool animations like [shield bashing] or [cheers] or [raise the flags] would be enough for RPing. You can just move ahead of your army and play-pretend you are doing a big speech.
    Yeah i was thinking about this. It probably would get old fast. Then I thought, what if the cinematic was kind of like how Total War Warhammer does it's ambush cinematics? It could just show you and the commanding lord and the allied lords arriving at the field, backed by a column of their troops, who begin dispersing throughout the field into ranks, preparing for battle.

Idk maybe the idea is actually a bust
  20. wherearewee

SP - General Late game is broken and unplayable

the game isn't finished yet
Back
Top Bottom