Search results for query: *

1. Which leveling system do you prefer Warband or Bannerlord?

Something like this- taking 20 hours to get to 100 proficiency (if playing random battles/quests) and then taking another 20 to get to 150 and then another 40 to get to 200 seems about right. 80 hours is at least a few years into a campaign and beyond where MOST players would ever invest into a single campaign and that is only proficiency with a single weapon and a few other skill and still another 80 hours away from MAX proficiency if 300 is the cap.

If you want to sit in the practice Arena for 5 hours of real-time straight and level right up to 150 proficiency- that should be up to the player. Doing that they aren't levelling anything else and theoretically got less return on their time from not travelling the map, gaining loot/money, etc.

Levelling up several weapons would take even longer and in the medieval era trained knights were capable of fighting with many weapons, they were not helpless if their poleaxe got broken and they dropped their sword, they could draw a dagger and wrestle or ward off a blow and pick up a fallen mace.

Also fighting in battles is only one aspect of the game... trading, building influence, running your clan, taking over gang territory/bandit hideouts, making friends and building an efficient army, etc are all different skills that take time to level as well. People who are asking for levelling a single skill to take 50 hours of real-time have no life outside the game obviously because to level the 4-8 skills you need for any character just to the minimum competency level to achieve things in-game would take 200+ hours.
    Haha at this point I might be better off learning HEMA (Historical European Martial Arts) instead of leveling my weapon skills in Bannerlord ?
  2. Which leveling system do you prefer Warband or Bannerlord?

What just came to my mind: In warband there was weapon proficiency and you leveled them up by using the weapon. In Bannerlord it feels like every skill works that way. BUT the big difference is, that in warband you could put points directly into the proficiency. In Bannerlords you can not you can only boost your XP gain.
    I think there should be something like 5-10 free proficiency points every lvl up that you can put directly into whatever skill you want. As long as your maximum skill level allows it.
  3. Which leveling system do you prefer Warband or Bannerlord?

I guess the issue is that now you have to actually act accordingly to earn XP rather than just being awarded for winning a battle.
    How do you mean?
  4. Enemies sometimes hitting through block?

Also, there are so many times where the enemy is completely unflinched by my blows and proceeds to hit-trade me in tournaments, what gives?

I felt the same, turned out I was simply to weak when I tried it. Try to level up a bit and aim for the face, that did ot for me.
  5. Enemies sometimes hitting through block?

Is your shield in the right direction? they can hit you with a swing from the left if you block to the right.
    The shield does not block all attacks from every direction!
  6. Poor performance

My single player performance is also pretty bad... just out of interest; have you tried multiplayer? i tried it for the first time yesterday and for some reason it performs way better than singleplayer...

I can barely play siege battles in SP however in MP I can play them just fine with 60 guys on both sides

Thats probably because in multiplayer the other characters are controlled by other players and their movements are just "streamed" to you.
    And in Singleplayer your PC has to calculate verything for every Soldier on his own.
  7. Which leveling system do you prefer Warband or Bannerlord?

Good to know. I wonder at what level you need to be just to see them?
    Try setting up someones Clan Role in the Clan Menu to "Scout". But be aware it seems to reset the roles sometimes, especially when you load often.
  8. Which leveling system do you prefer Warband or Bannerlord?

If you're not adverse to mods there's some good ones that balance out the late game experience penalties, meaning you can continue to level even once you hit the soft cap of focus points, it's something TW will no doubt evaluate in future but mods work as a stop gap
    Haha being adverse to mods and a Mount and Blade game are two things that don't work in the same sentence in my opinion.:xf-grin:
    Where can I find them?
  9. SP - General More stuff to do for the "lone wolf" kind of player

I would really like to see there beeing more things that a player can do who is not interested in joining one of the factions or founding his own kingdom. The only thing that there really is so far is smithing and thats not really something to do, it's not really fun and feels more like a chore...
  10. SP - General Please make the Character Progression faster or more rewarding

Character progression (the accumulation of points in the different skills, like smithing, trading, One Handed, Bows, etc.) feels so slow and passive, make it faster. ESPECIALLY FOR COMPANIONS Another great thing would be weapons and armor that have really really awesome stats but in exchange...
  11. Which leveling system do you prefer Warband or Bannerlord?

Do you guys feel the same as I do about character progression?

Past Level 10 it just takes forever to achieve anything. Also the rate at which you get skill points is way too low.
    I've spend over 100 days doing nothing else but smithing and didn't get over 150 in smithing skill with full focus points in it.
    And don't even get me started about skill point increases for companions. It feels like they are unable to increase their skills at all. ( I know that they do increase their skills, but its so painfully slow)

For me a huge part of Warband was to just sit back and focus on your character and then after a few hundred ingame days you come out of the shadow as that godlike beeing that is destroying everything.
    It feels like thats not possible here, the game mechanics force you into beeing "normal" or rather "boring".
    I hope they seriously speed up character profression, for the player and also for NPCs.
  12. Tournaments seem off

In my opinion I think the turnaments are way too frequent and the reward is way too bad, especially the money you get from placing a bet on yourself. There should be fewer tournaments but with better rewards. Would make them more unique and not make them feel like a grind.
  13. Bug with Companion unit type assignment

In short, the assigned unit types for companions dont seem to save. There's a bug with the assigned unit types for Companions, it works fine, but when you save and exit the game and then resume it later, the companion's unit types are not as you've set them before. Are you guys experiencing the...
Back
Top Bottom