Search results for query: *

1. In Progress [1.8.0] Smithing Unlocks alreadly unlocked parts

Hey, our team is aware of the issue and working on it. Thank you for your time and reporting it in.
    I'm on Ver 1.0.2 of the main patch with no mods, and still have the same problem. I notice it most with the 2 handed axes, I can have all the sword parts two handed and one handed up to tier 5 unlocked before I have all the tier 2 axe heads unlocked because of this issue. Does it really take 6 + months to address this type of bug?
  2. In Progress [1.8.0] Smithing Unlocks alreadly unlocked parts

Summary: When smithing, I frequently unlock items that have already been unlocked. How to Reproduce: I started a fresh game unmodded for 1.8.0, noticed the problem when I reloaded it later. I'm on Ver 1.0.2 of the main patch with no mods, and still have the same problem. I notice it most with...
  3. Resolved Smithing - Character switching

Summary: Can't switch to low skill character for smelting/refining if previous selected higher skill smithing order with different character. How to Reproduce: If I select/forge an order and then switch to refine or smelt, when I try to switch to a different character I can't and they are...
  4. SP - World Map Looters

I think it would be a better mechanic and more engaging from a role playing perspective if looters were less tied to the player character and tied more to the area they were in. For example, Large groups of looters should only be spawn in war torn or improvised, and/or low loyalty areas, you...
  5. SP - UI Sorting improvement

This is already implemented internally, and will be live with the next patch.
    Thanks for the update
  6. On Crafting Orders

Greetings Warriors of Calradia!

In this post, as one of the designers working on this feature, I wanted to make this thread to explain some of the changes on smithing that came with 1.6.0 and share a bit about our future plans and gather your thoughts and feedback.

Let me first quickly recap the patch notes;

As you can see there are quite a lot of changes and additions, let me go over and give you some more details about how the new system works.

Crafting Orders

With 1.6.0, the crafting orders will take place as the main method of getting experience for smithing, and the current system(current system in this post will refer to 1.5.9) will be labeled as "free build" mode.
    The main difference between the free build and the crafting order mode is that in crafting orders the items you craft/smith instantly given to the NPCs giving the order and in free build, the item gets added to your inventory.

There are also several slight changes in terms of smithing experience and part unlocks.
    First of all, the experience and "part research" gained are lower than the current crafting system, however, the amount of experience you can get through crafting orders is higher (respective to the current experience gained for crafting the same item). Also, crafting orders will provide a good amount of gold income, as well as they will almost always be priced higher than the maximum market value of a given weapon. This means you can nearly always turn a profit while fulfilling crafting orders.

Currently, orders spawn in towns and can be accessed by a tab in the smithy.
    Orders are generated periodically throughout Calradia (and unfulfilled ones are replaced with some chance) we hope there will always be some orders you can fulfill.

Here you will be able to select crafting orders. The crafting order's difficulty should be at most 50 higher than your current smithing skill to attempt an order.
    Each order will have a weapon type (e.g. one-handed sword) and minimum stat requirements (e.g. swing damage, handling, etc.), and going below these requirements will incur hefty penalties on both the experience you gain and the gold reward you obtain from completing these orders.

This means you can attempt orders which are higher difficulty and push your luck to attempt harder(and more profitable) orders.

Going above the expectations will similarly cause a small bonus to be added on top of the usual reward of the order.
    We also added effects to two perks which enable you to gain relation with nobles and notables giving the crafting orders. A more thorough update to smithing perks is underway.

Another change we made is about crafting pieces and their weights on how they affect the difficulty. Before each piece affected the same amount. Now, this is not the case and pieces like "blades" and "handles" are weighted higher than "pommels" and "guards" when determining the actual crafting difficulty of a weapon.

This means it will be a bit harder to craft high-valued items with low smithing skills, but players will be able to add pommels and guards to improve the aesthetics/stats of their weapon without too concerned about its difficulty.

Future of Crafting
    1. Perks
      We already introduced perk effects which provide relationship gain with each completed order this is not the final improvements coming to the perks.
      Something we were postponing for a while was updating the perk tree of smithing to bring them in line with our other perks (i.e. two effects per perk) and streamline some of the "non-choice" perks so that they become more meaningful again. With the crafting orders completed, this is possible and we are working on updating the perks.
    2. Crafting Pieces and Unlocking
      Another issue we had was the fully randomized part unlocking system and the lack of pieces for certain weapon types. We will try to address these issues together as we make the unlocking system more "controllable" such that the items player crafts and the item pieces they unlock are inline and players can focus on smithing certain weapons to progress faster in the crafting pieces.
      For this reason, we also plan to expand the "piece catalog" of some weapon types. These will be the types in which we currently do not have many parts available (e.g. two-handed maces).

3. Crafting Issues
      The nobles and notables will be able to take advantage of the new order system and we will be able to provide you with smithing-based quests Perhaps you can provide weapons to a local gang or work on the most legendary weapon ever ordered by the Empress herself. Who knows what the future holds?

Item Valuation
    We also worked out some improvements on item valuation and with 1.6.0 we curb some of the worst offenders such as javelins to have more realistic prices. We are actively working on improving value calculation for weapons. More so, a lot of crafting pieces had their stats readjusted to better reflect their tiers.

I hope this post gives you some information about the future of crafting and smithing in Calradia as we improve on it. We look forward to your feedback on crafting orders.
    Thank you for taking the time to read this long post!
    I like the changes, but when I w
    Greetings Warriors of Calradia!

In this post, as one of the designers working on this feature, I wanted to make this thread to explain some of the changes on smithing that came with 1.6.0 and share a bit about our future plans and gather your thoughts and feedback.

Let me first quickly recap the patch notes;

As you can see there are quite a lot of changes and additions, let me go over and give you some more details about how the new system works.

Crafting Orders

With 1.6.0, the crafting orders will take place as the main method of getting experience for smithing, and the current system(current system in this post will refer to 1.5.9) will be labeled as "free build" mode.
    The main difference between the free build and the crafting order mode is that in crafting orders the items you craft/smith instantly given to the NPCs giving the order and in free build, the item gets added to your inventory.

There are also several slight changes in terms of smithing experience and part unlocks.
    First of all, the experience and "part research" gained are lower than the current crafting system, however, the amount of experience you can get through crafting orders is higher (respective to the current experience gained for crafting the same item). Also, crafting orders will provide a good amount of gold income, as well as they will almost always be priced higher than the maximum market value of a given weapon. This means you can nearly always turn a profit while fulfilling crafting orders.

Currently, orders spawn in towns and can be accessed by a tab in the smithy.
    Orders are generated periodically throughout Calradia (and unfulfilled ones are replaced with some chance) we hope there will always be some orders you can fulfill.

Here you will be able to select crafting orders. The crafting order's difficulty should be at most 50 higher than your current smithing skill to attempt an order.
    Each order will have a weapon type (e.g. one-handed sword) and minimum stat requirements (e.g. swing damage, handling, etc.), and going below these requirements will incur hefty penalties on both the experience you gain and the gold reward you obtain from completing these orders.

This means you can attempt orders which are higher difficulty and push your luck to attempt harder(and more profitable) orders.

Going above the expectations will similarly cause a small bonus to be added on top of the usual reward of the order.
    We also added effects to two perks which enable you to gain relation with nobles and notables giving the crafting orders. A more thorough update to smithing perks is underway.

Another change we made is about crafting pieces and their weights on how they affect the difficulty. Before each piece affected the same amount. Now, this is not the case and pieces like "blades" and "handles" are weighted higher than "pommels" and "guards" when determining the actual crafting difficulty of a weapon.

This means it will be a bit harder to craft high-valued items with low smithing skills, but players will be able to add pommels and guards to improve the aesthetics/stats of their weapon without too concerned about its difficulty.

Future of Crafting
    1. Perks
      We already introduced perk effects which provide relationship gain with each completed order this is not the final improvements coming to the perks.
      Something we were postponing for a while was updating the perk tree of smithing to bring them in line with our other perks (i.e. two effects per perk) and streamline some of the "non-choice" perks so that they become more meaningful again. With the crafting orders completed, this is possible and we are working on updating the perks.
    2. Crafting Pieces and Unlocking
      Another issue we had was the fully randomized part unlocking system and the lack of pieces for certain weapon types. We will try to address these issues together as we make the unlocking system more "controllable" such that the items player crafts and the item pieces they unlock are inline and players can focus on smithing certain weapons to progress faster in the crafting pieces.
      For this reason, we also plan to expand the "piece catalog" of some weapon types. These will be the types in which we currently do not have many parts available (e.g. two-handed maces).

3. Crafting Issues
      The nobles and notables will be able to take advantage of the new order system and we will be able to provide you with smithing-based quests Perhaps you can provide weapons to a local gang or work on the most legendary weapon ever ordered by the Empress herself. Who knows what the future holds?

Item Valuation
    We also worked out some improvements on item valuation and with 1.6.0 we curb some of the worst offenders such as javelins to have more realistic prices. We are actively working on improving value calculation for weapons. More so, a lot of crafting pieces had their stats readjusted to better reflect their tiers.

I hope this post gives you some information about the future of crafting and smithing in Calradia as we improve on it. We look forward to your feedback on crafting orders.
    Thank you for taking the time to read this long post!
    I like the changes, one thing I noticed today about orders is that you can get all the stats in the green, yet still make a subpar when. I don't know if this is a bug or something in the mechanic that I don't understand. The only thing I can think of is what we see is rounded and what the computer is not rounding the made item's stats. It going to be annoying to adjust the parts and lengths to hit all the required stats with the required skill and still fall without understanding why.
  7. SP - UI Sorting improvement

I like the new sorting button. The only thing that holding it back is that you have to resort every time I go back. For example I was looking for potential wives, and I had it sorted by age, youngest to oldest. I select one to look at the bio, then I go back to look at a different one, but i...
  8. Smithing much better

Only thing that changed is mouse clicks... You went from... "May you be interested in a javelin?" To "May you be interested in 10 javelins?" to put it simple... You can still melt down trash and make it into something of value. You can buy up a towns entire stock of wooden hammers, pitchforks, and whatever else low level trash, and you can sit there smithing for days turning trash to riches.

Maybe need to limit the number of loot you get from battles. Because those damn smiths abuse it by turn it into much more valuable things right? :p
    I hear you, what I would really like is a cap on the weapons you could make. So if your smithing is a 50 you can only make things up to a 75 or 100. I think it's more realistic. But as it is now, it's much better, who wants to play the game, just to spend 2x or 3x as much time smithing thoose javelins, when you can actually play the game and make money winning battles.
  9. Smithing much better

I noticed that the prices for smithed 2 handers went down a bunch, which makes it a lot less cheesy, I would probably make it lower myself. But the biggest change I noticed was that your actually want to use higher level/pricey metals to smith now, it appears to no longer be based on swing...
  10. Resolved Can no longer load certain save files.

I am having the same corrupted save issue. I started a new game with this patch no mods installed. Played fine, when I tried to play this morning it would crash as soon as I hit the load screen. I tried multiple saves manual and auto all same issue. I started a new game today and immediately saved. Shut the game down and restarted, the game loaded fine and I continued to play for a while. I just tried to load and play some more but both manual and autosaves are broken. I did start the weapons for gangs quest this second run, but I don't think that quest was active for the first set of saves.

Version: beta 1.4.3
    Computer Specs:
    GPU: GTX 1070
    CPU: Ryzen 2600
    RAM: 16g
    Motherboard: ASRock B450M
    Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD
  11. NPC (Zeno) has quest main quest marker but gives "wasn't there" response

Just started new game, NPC (Zeno) traveling on map with main quest marker but gives wasn't there response when asked. Version: e1.4.2 Computer Specs: OS: Windows 10 GPU: GTX 1070 CPU: Ryzen 2600 RAM: 16g Motherboard: ASRock B450M Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD
  12. Resolved Companions return to infantry group after moving them to Calvary or mounted archers (3 or 4)

I have been informed that this issue will be fixed with the upcoming patches. Thanks for reporting!
    Thanks for the update Elyse
  13. Resolved Companions return to infantry group after moving them to Calvary or mounted archers (3 or 4)

Version: e1.1.1 Computer Specs: OS: Windows 10 GPU: GTX 1070 CPU: Ryzen 2600 RAM: 16g Motherboard: ASRock B450M Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD
  14. Need More Info Re-keying "Show Indicators" (Alt Key) does not work completely

I re-keyed the Alt key to my mouse. It only works partially. When I'm looking for a named character in town it works perfectly. But on the world map, I still have to press the ALT key to get all the information available. My mouse button will only show prisoner/injuries. Version: e1.1.0...
  15. Resolved Skill Selection Dialogue (You have made changes do you want to apply them)

Summary: When you click to another tab after placing skill or focus points, but before clicking done you get the dialogue box "You have made changes do you want to apply them" If you click yes, it does not apply them at all. How to Reproduce: Started new game with skipped tutorial and tried to...
  16. Need More Info White and black checkerboard showing through of tournament floor

Summary: Tournament Map shows white and black checkerboard floor How to Reproduce: Started new game with and noticed the white and black checkerboard showing through of tournament floor. Quest/Settlement Name (if related): Aserai City Media (Screenshots & Video): Version: Patch 1.3 Computer...
  17. What causes 'disorganized' movement penalty?

This happened to me when I was the only one to survive a fight, so I had 8ish in the party including me, and 7 of them was injured. It went away when they started healing up.
  18. SP - Battles & Sieges Auto-block in singleplayer

I played with auto block enabled in Warband for the last 10 years. At first I was disappointed it had been removed in Bannerlord, but then I thought, you know, maybe it's for the best. Now I'm relearning how to block with 2H weapons and am enjoying the extra challenge it provides.

Exactly that advanced trainer destroyed me when it came to the two handed sword training. I always had auto block on in Warband. I'm getting better, but I understand some people don't have the dexterity, so I would be ok with the option being added in but just not as default.
  19. Unable to upgrade to a Cavalry Unit...What am I missing?

Actually I like the change, it make's since that if a unit is upgraded to a footman to calvary a horse is needed. But yes, this needs to be explained better. Would also be interesting if the unit stats adjust to the horse you put them on.
Back
Top Bottom