Search results for query: *

1. Spear infantry vs Cavalry (and anything else)

legionaries arent actually spear infantry. Pilum are for throwing and always have been.
  2. This closed paid beta has a lot of issues

1 no one ever said it was or would be free
    6 you tell them to dumb it down
    9 you then complain about them dumbing it down?
    wot?
  3. 1 year since early access and spearmen still don't use spears by default, it's disrupting a number of mods

not sure why you would want to use spears for infantry vs infantry, mount and blade spears have only ever been useful for or against cavalry just by how the combat works
  4. getting real sick of these Khuzaits steamrolls...

What version are you playing on? I haven’t seen this since the mid-1.5s.
    in all the campaigns ive ever played this always happened, i dont think ive ever even seen them lose any of their starting cities
  5. getting real sick of these Khuzaits steamrolls...

Vlandia 17 fiefs (8 cities) Western Empire 12 fiefs (5 cities) Sturgia 13 fiefs (6 cities) Southern Empire 13 fiefs (6 cities) Northern Empire 9 fiefs (2 cities) Khuzait 28 fiefs (13 cities) every campaign goes the exact same way Khuzaits steamrolling everyone. Its extremely discouraging from...
  6. Constant Warfare : Did Taleworld adress that ?

It's called veteran's respect now it 150 instead of 125, meaning your brother can't start the game with it :sad:
    ah, well im only planning to play sandbox anyway
  7. Banners when? Bannerlord not Moblord, title says everything!

I do wonder when we get the whole Order of Battle thing. Been reading bits about it from time to time and it is starting to have me frightfully curious
    ive heard nothing of that, do you have a link?
  8. Constant Warfare : Did Taleworld adress that ?

And the disciplinarian perk isn't worth it because of forced recruitment, cuz of constant wars! :wink:
    jk it's still worth it you can put up with being a vassal long enough to get it. License to to manufacture endless noble troops.
    didnt that one get removed?
  9. Banners when? Bannerlord not Moblord, title says everything!

Thank you for posting this video, looks so vivid with banners, so freaking good looking for troops with banners and banner on lances, dev guys plz, implement it earlier, that’ll be much more inviting to have banners for new players to watch from youtubers, sales will be hit record high, for fan base? Hell yes no one will refuse banners!
    i'd much rather have the game work well and have more important features first
  10. Archers are stupid

mine will generally shoot as long as they can shoot over anything thats in front of them.
    whether or not you can shoot over a hill depends on the arrows trajectory and if you were to just draw the bow less to compensate it will do no damage, and no that pop culture thing where archers shoot way up into the sky and let the arrows fall down was not actually done.
    i agree about the cav thing though, while it does make sense for them to shoot at a closer target, the whole damn unit shouldnt be pivoting out of formation to face them. You can atleast manually tell them to face a certain direction, even if it is annoying to have to do.
  11. SP - General There NEEDS to be way to keep companions out of combat and SIEGES especially

Yes, there really should be a "Bodyguard" formation that is always under the direct control of the player.

This would be helpful for a number things:

1. When you join A.I. armies, this would allow you to preserve certain units from the A.I.'s lemming suicide tactics. It also makes sense that a Lord would want to keep their Companions and best Troops around them for protection.

While you could cheese the system by assigning everyone in your party to "Bodyguard" you wouldn't have much tactical flexibility especially if the types are mixed. Plus if you sit and do nothing you earn no loot/influence anyways and the Army you're part of can still be defeated. It's just up to the player how much of their troops they want subject to the A.I.'s Leeroy Jenkins brigade.

2. Helps keeps Companions alive.

While death is supposedly being toned down, there's going to be Companions you really don't want to enter the main fray. They obviously aren't 100% safe (as no one in a War Party really should be) but this can at least save some frustration by keeping your Physician/Engineer out of the main infantry line.

Seems like a win-win to me. You get more immersion and the player doesn't have to reload so many battles due to some bad RNG with their Party. I also don't think this would that technically difficult (but I stand to be corrected).

This may seem one-sided for the player, but let us remember the player is devoting dozens of hours for a campaign. While the A.I. does everything in mere milliseconds.
    that would be good
  12. Troops Evaluation

Landogual or something, repeat three times and summon a ktulhu
    oh yea i forgot about that one xD
  13. Troops Evaluation

And I think I broke my tongue trying to pronounce my battanian wife's name.
    lol cant have been that bad xD
  14. Is it even viable to level scout/rogue/surgeon on your main character?

Kill me now:
    Scout
    Medicine
    Roguery
    Trade (at first not too bad, but Caravans/Shops should generate XP)
    trade is easy to level, just go to Battania its great there and great for just making money too
  15. Denars are useless, please correlate AI party template with their income & finance

you gotta remember that most clans have multiple parties, often with 70-100 troops. Where the players seem to often just have 1 or 2 powerful parties (atleast i always do). And if a clan fx owns 2 castles and some caravans, but field 5 parties, the money gets stretched pretty thin. Compared to myself with 3-4 or more caravans plus workshops but only 1 party. If i were to fight all the clans parties at once i would overrun but 1 party at a time which it often is, i curb stomp them. I think players just tend to prioritize differently than the AI.
  16. Troops Evaluation

It’d be nice if the new battle map system leads to each region being classified as a “type” like forest, mountain, plain, etc. And then that “type” could affect the autocalc. For example nullifying the cavalry bonus in a forest “type.” That might negate the need to have equal numbers of cavalry to balance out autocalc. Thus allowing a little more variety.
    i really hope so
  17. I cannot have childrens

Check your relation to your wife if it's zero you have to raise it. Give her gifts like jewelry, play board games, and help her defeat enemies.
    I was able to get mine pregnant in a couple nights in a town after getting my relation to 5.
    Your relation resets to zero when you marry so you have to do something to raise it.
    my wife got pregnant with -1 in 1.5.9 beta
  18. I cannot have childrens

just have your spouse with you in your party
  19. Troops Evaluation

Also remake your autocalc to be less cav dependant or atleast if you fight in a forest infantary is favourable over cav and such.
    that would be great
Back
Top Bottom