Search results for query: *

1. Klopkr

Almost two months into EA. Satisfied?

I'm waiting for the updates to slow down so I can build my master list of minor tweak mods that'll erase as many little annoying nitpicks in the game as possible!
  2. Klopkr

SP - World Map Smaller makes bigger? Size and Models randomized variations.

Yeah I really like where you've went with this. Over time they could add more scenery for the map.
  3. Klopkr

SP - General World Map - Position of castles and cities now matters

I wish that castles just generated strong enough patrols.

One of the main things not represented well in this game, especially with big armies, is baggage trains. I think when forming an actual army you should have to pick a city or castle to supply your army and form a line of provision carts between you and that city. If they get disrupted then your army will start to starve quickly and so you'll have to head home. Passing by an unseiged castle on a choke point would therefore be impossible as it could send out parties to disrupt your baggage trains as soon as you leave.

Similarly sieged castles would call out for baggage trains to refill their food supplies if you ever leave the area or let one slip in. Raiding them might be a good source for your own troops food.
  4. Klopkr

SP - General Suggestions to make the world feel more alive

I think they could really easily make the game world feel bigger by just shrinking all the game models on the map by maybe 50 to 75% and make movement for everything slower across the board. It should take an in game month to cross the map.

Having said that I think there should be much much more villages keep the map from being too empty. Some regions should be particularly dense and others particularly empty.
  5. Klopkr

SP - General More types of tournaments and contests.

+1
    I would like to see duels too, just like the ones you do in the training fields, but with the crowd standing really close by the fence and all the buzz.
    Oh yeah I think duels should be in too. I'd like to see contest like duels and challenge style duels. You'd get similar prizes but the latter you could call out a lord for a duel and winner gets lots of their enemies renown.
  6. Klopkr

SP Native Fighting Together Relationship

I'm already loving this mod.
  7. Klopkr

SP Native Realistic Weapon Collision. V1.5 Update

So is your character bouncing their weapon off the same way they do when they hit a shield?
    This really should be the way it is in the base game.
  8. Klopkr

SP - General Let friends drop-in during battles to possess allied AI of your singleplayer campaign

Honestly your friends should get to play as your companions in single player. If only in battles at first that's fine but with their own band of dudes even better!
  9. Klopkr

SP - General Marriageable Freedom, Romancing, Courtship, and Family: a complete love-life and progeny overhaul suggestion

I think marriage should always have a significant political aspect in this game unless you're literally a street urchin. But I desperately want a romantic aspect to the game and for me I'm just going to want it to be gay.

Long term romantic relationships are just one of those facts of the matter that we expect in our own lives. Playing a a nearly completely customizable character that is essentially an avatar of myself in this fun setting that can't form a romantic relationship with what I imagine to be my partner (gay) while everyone else gets to just feels lame. I already have a mod for it but obviously with a game going through so many updates it's only a half step at best. There is no fixed level historical basis for this game. It already throws that out the window somewhat by even letting you play a woman. But like the question of gay relationships in the game a minor inoffensive gameplay option that lets more people get the full level of roleplay out of this game that most players do is a pretty decent trade off for there being something unhistorical in the game that any player could choose to ignore.

I don't think anyone notices you can be gay married in games like fable or skyrim when you don't generally see it unless you choose to do it yourself.
  10. Klopkr

Raiding is not viable due to massive relations penalty

I should be forgiven for raiding if I takeover the land. Does it already do that or does it keep the old notables?
  11. Klopkr

More skirmish mode types and smaller MP battle modes.

I’d love to see captain mode siege with 10 v 10. I’m also hoping for a 1v1 battle with tons of AI and 6v6 large ‘open field’ captain battles to the death with no flags or settlements in the way. Some kind of gladiatorial tournament of 1v1 should be down the line some time too if there’s normal...
  12. Klopkr

Marry companions

You should be able to court any adult character in the game as your lover. Many characters themselves should have lovers of all kinds, most commonly their actual spouses. These characters would treat you well, devote themselves to you, and sometimes make some babies with ya if it makes sense.

On the other hand who you marry should be very much decided by several things. If you're landless and not a noble you should be able to marry any opposite gender named character, especially companions. They would have the unique ability to join you as a companion if they're this low of tier. For Nobles it would be a scandal to marry a non noble so only noble companions would be valid. Finally if you're a king you should be expected to marry a landed noble (especially if you're female). At this point though you should be able to give land to your companions, making them noble and therefore marriageable. Of course if you marry a commoner as a commoner then become king then you circumnavigate the restrictions. Whoever you're married to is who should give you the vast majority of your babies. You should always be able to marry up if you can convince them.
  13. Klopkr

SP - General More types of tournaments and contests.

I've been having a lot of fun playing the tournaments in game and I like that each civilization has a simply different kind of tournament but I think there's a lot more variety that could be added to the tournaments using nothing but existing game mechanics. So here's a simple list of...
  14. Klopkr

SP - Scenes Please punish players who kill chickens in villages

Death penalty for chicken murder!
  15. Klopkr

SP - Scenes Home

I was thinking of this the other day.
    You should be able to buy houses in every city and village like a workshop. When you go to that town you can leave things at your house. Of course if you go to war with the faction that owns the land your home is in expect it to be seized.

Houses shouldn't be the end of it though. The player would begin homeless but once you own a home or a castle or a city you will be able to designate whichever one you'd like as your primary residence. Your family should live wherever that is and you should be able to have your clan members return there if they get separated. If your home is under attack your family and companions would flee and you might lose some of your stuff stored there but if you're playing on a harder difficulty maybe sometimes your family and companions will get caught in the siege.

Every city and castle should have a palace/residence that would act as a house for the owner of the city/castle. Upgrading it like other things in your castle/city could have lots of benefits. Ultimately if you want you could buy a house in every settlement but if you're a lord you might not benefit too much from owning extra homes other than giving them to your clan members.

I would also imagine resting in a settlement where you own a home would help with healing and maybe there could be a hall building you could buy to store your army for cheaper.
  16. Klopkr

When I don't move for a few hours my character should pitch a camp.

I know almost nobody used the pitch a camp feature back in Mount & Blade Warband but I always thought it was cute and nice. It'd be nice if if characters that wait a a few hours outside of a settlement turn into little tents on the map and spawn a few tents around their baggage in battles. I...
  17. Klopkr

Are you guys/gals using this great resource to test your game?

I was kind of disappointing with his recent bannerlord videos because he only pointed out bugs everyone knew from day one that are literally already patched. There are so many more bugs to work with. Unlimited wealth feels like one of the most useless exploits once you get far enough in the game in general.

I hope he finds some really amazing ways to break this game that I never even saw coming.
  18. Klopkr

I can't marry with a woman in game

This isn't modern times... "Secret gay marriages" don't work in a game where you have to get family approval to get married. And everyone is up in everyone else's business. When you're born, you're basically a political token to be married off for your family's advantage. Not to mention, you are expected to continue your bloodline, and that should be one of your character's most important goals in that era.

In that era, any type of homosexual relationship would probably occur in the form of a secret affair. Even though Calradia is a fictional world, its setting is based heavily on his history. (And Warband took it much further by making it difficult for female characters to even find a husband that would marry them, being adventurers and all.) There's no examples of a public homosexual marriage that existed in the history of the cultures these ones are based on, during the time period of the source material.

But, fear not, I have no doubt that the modding community will make all of this possible in due time. :smile:
    Haha actually it's not that straight forward (no pun intended). My main issue is that the game forces you to get married and have kids whether you want to or not. I understand that even if you're rping a gay character it should be expected of you in this games setting to have a heterosexual marriage for child rearing purposes. I wouldn't say that the game should have gay political marriages as a default and i'm not arguing for that. But not all marriages should be political in the game, only most of them. If my character wants to have a gay lover peasant or even a lord i should be able to have a secret relationship with them and adopt children for the purpose of continuing that game after your character dies. Same with characters too old to have kids or be considered for political marriages. Honestly I think it's a mistake to not let me just pick some of my favourite clan members to adopt and later play as. Not to mention playing as a lord who cares about other lords opinions of you is just one of the many ways you can play this game, with being a random murder hobo being the largest part of gameplay for characters. If I'm never going to join another kingdom and am raiding them all who cares if they think it's horrible my character is gay?

Even during the middle ages and the 'dark' ages people were having gay lovers, secret monogamous gay relationships, adopting children, secret bigamy, secret lovers in general and non political marriages. As a player the current mechanics completely box me in to having to have heterosexual political marriages just so i can keep playing. It's just poor game design imo to limit the player into a single life style. What if I just want to be an eligible bachelor my whole life and will my lands to my closest companions?

If my character has a political a heterosexual marriage and raises kids that's fine and dandy but it shouldn't have a significant game play impact beyond the political and opinion bonuses you gain from it. If what it takes to make my character gay is a -100 opinion from everyone in the game that's fine by me. If my character marries a lowborn person in their later age and adopts an heir then that should effect opinions negatively on your heir but still let you continue your dynasty. If I can have a political marriage then let me also have lovers that could completely turn all of that on its head if your partner finds out, even more fun if you have a gay lover!

Honestly the closer the game gets to the pre-christian era of the roman empire in influence the less sense it makes to exclude adoptions and 'gay' characters. This game avoids religion pretty heavily in general but differing attitudes across the different kingdoms of the game wouldn't just be fun it would be pretty similar to actual history.

I could easily see the aserai supporting polygamy, the khuzaits caring less about divorce, the empire being lax on homosexuality so long as you make heirs, the vlandians being against all that 'degeneracy', the sturgians supporting shield maidens and strong women, and the battanians going wild letting everything fly so long as you're a loyal clan member. It wouldn't be too far from the cultures these kingdoms are based on.

Imagine the fun that could be had outing a lord as a polygamist, or for being secretly gay, to the right people and watching them suffer the consequences. Almost as fun as playing ultra super hardmode as a gay polygamist witch woman.

I think the gut reaction of 'we should avoid this because it's not the most common narrative in the time period the game is based on' is absolutely silly when it comes to your personal character and not the AI. Especially when we know these things have happened on an individual basis throughout all of history whether socially acceptable or not. Especially when this is a game about crafting your own narrative and story!
  19. Klopkr

Auto upgrade all troops button

It's in the game already. The little dark circles next to items (on the right) locks them, so you can't sell them when you press the large "double arrow" icon at the top, which will sell everything that isn't locked.
    Wow that's in the game? you're gonna save me a ton of time!

This game needs one of those screenshots with little arrows showing you what every button does like you use to see in game manuals. Apparently there's a ton of time saving features I'll just never know without pressing every key and clicking every button just to check. Apparently z lets you get off your horse instantly!
  20. Klopkr

Auto upgrade all troops button

There should be a little lock on the upgrade options and if you select one it'll automatically upgrade all units to it from then on. Maybe if you select more than one option it'll upgrade them sequentially between the options.
Back
Top Bottom