Search results for query: *

1. Squibbles

Resolved Lord Needs A Tutor Companion Issue

Summary: Lost a battle so I got separated from my companion for the Lord Needs A Tutor quest. When going to the city he is located in (Varcheg in this case) he doesn't exist and I cannot retrieve him. How to Reproduce: Lose companion for Lord Needs a Tutor for Raganvad of Sturgia Scene Name (if...
  2. Squibbles

How to successfully defend a settlement post capturing

You should probably stay there for a bit while it's in disarray ideally, so it can regain prosperity allowing you to place troops there without stressing your castle more than it can handle.

Then you put your fodder there and go recruit more and just fill up your castle every time until you have little to no spare food. Then when you have an area under your belt, assign a companion with a party to go around and up the security. When you've expanded, you can summon all those companions into a large army when you go to war without needing to use any influence or have any vassals.

Ok cool, that's really good advice thanks!
  3. Squibbles

Other members of your clan will donate troops to your garrison as well, or other lords in the army if you were in one that took the castle/city. You an also form your own armies with them. Once you're clan level 3, it's not hard to form a 0 influence army (assuming you're in a kingdom) with just you and your companions.

Ah ok, I didn't know others donate as well.
  4. Squibbles

So during a war, after taking over a castle or city it has no garrison, so you need to supply one. How do you get to a point where you can actually sacrifice men? My party only holds 109 as of now so I don't have many to place and successfully defend when an army of 400 + comes around. It would...
  5. Squibbles

Family Feud Issues

Thx, Squibbles.

It works now, or rather I have the perp with me when I talk to the guy in the village.

However, I still can't convince him to let bygones me bygones, and he and his chums kill the perp before i can intervene in any meaningful way :cry:

I think I'll just ignore the Family Feud quests (along with the Get Weapons for..., Train Troops for..., Find daughter of ..., etc.).

After 74 hours in game I'm getting a little weary of the quests, which are quite repetitive and don't provide enough Renown to get me to Tier 3 and start my own kingdom.

One tires of endless little quests, and hunting parties of looters, raiders and bandits, which just give one minimal amounts of renown...

I hear you. I'm about 50 hours in and some stuff is getting kind of stale. I'm slowly working on relationships with nobles, getting married and conquering cities.
  6. Squibbles

Take down Cities or Castles?

I normally go for a city first then take down the surrounding castles slowly. Is there any benefit to taking down either or first? I would guess hitting castles would effect their military might but that is just a thought.
  7. Squibbles

Family Feud Issues

So the fix I would use is take the follower you you have to bring over, and when you click on the village you can actually place them into it with the + symbol found in the upper right where the significant characters are. After that, they should be in the village when you enter and you can use the proper dialogue options.

I just read todays update log and I think they actually fixed this quest this afternoon so hopefully it just works as it should for you.
  8. Squibbles

Can't attack other armies when not at war?

raid a village?

do remember you are not the king, so starting wars by yourself is not a way to be popular in your faction ...

Kind of figured as much haha I didn't really want to go that route cause my companions don't like raiding but I may
  9. Squibbles

Can't attack other armies when not at war?

So I dedicated myself to the Southern Empire. War has dried out after taking over two other factions, so I wanted to start another to continue our conquest. However, I can't seem to attack other armies we aren't at war with? When I try and to deliver my demands they say "Are you mad! We aren't...
  10. Squibbles

Which leveling system do you prefer Warband or Bannerlord?

There it is. I'm hopeful the system will feel a lot smoother once we have more to do and games strength a little longer.

Same, I'm very optimistic about all this. Despite all the current issues, I think the developers did a great job at setting themselves up in a way that allows them to pump out content as they see fit.

Obviously they need to kink out the bugs first and foremost in my opinion, but with how active they have been I'm very pleased!
  11. Squibbles

To be fair the leveling system wouldn't be so bad if the game had more content. For instance quests to level up blacksmithing by creating X amount of swords or combat by fighting in arena. I think the biggest problem as of right now is that the game itself is entirely too easy once you get past the initial part of being a bum. Once a kingdom starts to get a leg up they steam roll the map with or without your help, and since this game is built around that as a concept, it is essentially over once that happens making the demanding leveling system pretty worthless. In Warband, even if a faction got a leg up, it actually became more difficult because everyone would go to war with you and certain lords would hate you. Here it seems like none of that is implemented as of yet so the more land, the more power. If they were to make the game somehow last longer per playthrough, (a lot longer) or add in more quest type content that independently raised levels slightly faster, it would probably sort it out, either would suffice. As of now, which it is in early access, the leveling system doesn't really fit the game, but I hope they have a plan.

Variety in quests like this is a really good idea. It can let players concentrate on what they want to concentrate on to progress their character, while not ultimately feeling like they are wasting time or grinding as much.

As far as it being easy, yeah I'm pretty bad at the game and really railroading armies once you figure out a couple tactics.
  12. Squibbles

Do you need to leave a party member at a castle after you capture one?

The other guy seems to be talking about leaving some troops in the garrison to defend, which is obviously a good idea lol

If you are at war the enemy will probably target your castle if there's nobody in the garrison.

this clears up a lot lol Yeah I'm at war with 2 factions actually so I'll leave some people here. Sucks cause I don;t want to leave too many cause I don't have THAT much, but I also don't want to lose the settlement. #struggle
  13. Squibbles

If you end up winning the vote, whatever units you or your faction leaders will be all that's there to defend it

Oh so it is more of an insurance thing: Leave troops there to guard it IF it is attacked? But there isn't inherently a problem with leaving it unguarded other than that?
  14. Squibbles

Well you don't, you can keep your companions in your party and leave the settlement without a governor and it will be just fine.

The only time you should leave a companion there is if you captured a settlement of the their culture, making them the governor will give the settlement a loyalty boost. Otherwise there is no point.

Oh OK gotcha, learning something new about this game everyday haha
  15. Squibbles

No it's not necessary

Is there any drawback to not leaving anyone there?
  16. Squibbles

I just got two very different answers here lol
  17. Squibbles

I captured one and put some prisoners in it after I voted for it to be mine. Do I need to leave someone there to guard it?
  18. Squibbles

Rather than forcing you to choose between 2 perks, they should give you points to spend on the perks you want and at most limit the level to which the perk is obtainable through the level.

I feel like they make you choose in order to prevent players from creating power builds or something that everyone mimics. Just a theory though.
  19. Squibbles

All in all I feel like the system forces you into such a stupid and convoluted meta game in order to get the most out of the system and actually not really hamper your growth potential and screw your character completely.

I can get behind this. While, I do feel that RPG's in general normally involve some sort of metagame, this is a little ridiculous.
Back
Top Bottom