Search results for query: *

1. Game Menu Mod Options

Have you looked at MCM on the Nexus?
  2. e1.5.6 impressions (after not playing for a while)

No paragraphs, no indentation. Basic formatting, that is all I am asking.

OP is not obliged to agree, but I think mine is a reasonable request. Text walls are even harder to read on mobile phones.

As someone with poor eyesight I am inclined to agree with you

I think most of the suggestions are good, many of them longstanding and probably will remain as such for a while.
  3. Drawing a Line to the UI

I've been looking at the GauntletUI and I've seen many custom Widgets and CustomBrushes but so far none that weren't sprite based.

Really hoped that the fill bars would be good examples but even they utilize sprites, might need to investigate what a sprite actually is in this context.
  4. Where to view original dlls on phone

Thanks, will do I need to get grasp of their code.

You can use DotPeek to export the code as a project.
  5. Drawing a Line to the UI

I'm trying to draw simple polygons to the UI, I've been trying to use the methods in TaleWorlds.TwoDimension to this effect but I haven't had much luck. Anyone have any success or tips on this? Digging through the GraphicsContext and TwoDimension stuff so far hasn't yielded any success.
  6. Whats the point of clearing out hideouts if they reappear every couple of days?

Do you clear the area after you destroy the hideout?

If not then the bandits that form as a result of the hideout being destroyed will reform the hideout once you leave.
  7. We will get full release soon thanks to Corona

They may well have other concerns, much as the game is important, family is more important.

Why not both? With co-op I could be playing with my family!
  8. How do you increase your health/HP?

For the record, it’s pretty foolish to claim that HP should be static for the sake of realism. This is ultimately a game and I think most players agree that gameplay should come before realism; this isn’t a flight simulator. I’d like to see other ways for the player to gain HP personally. A lot of the appeal of Mount & Blade single player combat is the ability to both command troops AND feel like a juggernaut of a combatant while you do it.

I never said it should be static, I just said that it shouldn't be able to vary wildly. I'd love to see armor actually matter more, I think that huge defensive bonus should come from armor, so that the juggernauts look like actual juggernauts, rather than shirtless men being filled with spears like porcupines.
  9. How do you increase your health/HP?

Don't mind him, he just trolling mostly with those statements, let him be.

Leveling up shouldn't make you invincible to spears to the face, and tiny increases with no benefit shouldn't exist as they are meaningless. Character development should be impactful and logical.

There's no trolling here, just me engaging with an *******.

No you have not and yes there is still a discussion to be had.
    With other people yes, but you have to be mature enough and willing to have a discussion and Ocean Rain is not.

I'm sure we can all agree that saying "Have you even played warband?" isn't an argument, it's just embarrassing, as if the previous game is a flawless metric by which the game should exist, as if games should never innovate or improve because it was "in warband". It's not an intelligent or mature way to respond, so he won't get treated well as a result.

This was my first post to him:
    ```
    The over reliance on HP is a problem, armor should grant protection not massive pools of HP.
    People get better at fighting, they don't get better at taking throwing spears to the face, no one should be able to do that - end of discussion.
    Every person should have the same HP with very little variance.
    ```
    The entire point is clear and I guarantee you most agree - you shouldn't be able to take a multitude of throwing spears to the face at any level.

My post wasn't inflammatory, it wasn't rude, it wasn't personal, it was a statement of fact if we desire a semi-realistic system of combat.

He responds with "Have you ever played Warband" as if the only people who can believe in improvements to the Warband way of leveling - where you can go kill a few units and then go from being an amateur horseman to a maximum professional with a few button clicks - is if they didn't play the previous game.

He then accused me of not reading his post - a personal attack not a substantive argument. He is where the toxicity started because he's an immature and hateful person. Should I have dropped down to his level? No, I shouldn't, but I figured if someone's going to throw stones at me I may as well get a few arrows in.

There were 1,000,000 better ways he could've responded, he chose none of them.
  10. Anyone Having Fun Mid Game

I joined the king of sturgia, once you join a kingdom it really opens your options for "renown" and "influence"

N key is your friend for the encyclopedia, they made traits and stories for most of the characters in the game, its pretty cool

Now we just need more banner colors, like a dark purple :party:

Basically did exactly this, though I unbound the Encyclopedia from N and put it on Q.

There are two mods on Nexus Mods that help banner customization:

I'd consider taking a look at them, I've been using the BannerEditor Enhancer myself.
  11. How did this become mine?

Somewhere in the tiny text in the bottom left - in between all the notifications about Kings/Nobles being taken captive by looters - was most likely a notification stating that your liege had given you a fief, perfectly reasonable that you missed it.
  12. How do you increase your health/HP?

Yeah, as I thought... you just want to reply me at all cost, without even trying to read or understand my previous post.
    I have thoroughly debunked every single one of your arguments. Tactics is a simulatory skill, one that is an RPG mechanic, not an action RPG one, I also destroyed your core premise that "autoresolving inherentlly equals less fun" in it's entirety. You suffer from an inflated ego, likely a result of your deep insecurities.

Answers for all of your questions, you can find in my previous post and ZincAzN post.
    Translation: "I don't have an argument, and I'm not going to make one, I'm just going to do some hand waving"

And by WriTIng LIke THIs you assuring me in thinking that it was not/it's not worth to discuss with you anymore, at all. That's an immature kids talk and I find it silly and a bit pathetic.

Broken English from a broken individual, if you can't handle light mockery then maybe you shouldn't be online, or at the very least you shouldn't be such an easy target.

Then if its over for you, why the hell do you even bother to reply me in this lame manner? Be a man of word and just quit talking.
    I know you'd like me to stop humiliating you, but that's not going to happen. Continue at your own peril.

Maybe you should show some balls and not continue this as you said previously, but I think it was just "big talk" for whatever reason that you have in your funny head.
    Ah yes, the mark of a man with no testicles is to attack the masculinity of every man around him, due to his deep seated insecurities he lashes out at every one else.

Like I said is no longer a discussion, this is now an educational exercise for you, you're learning humility, decency, and when to admit you're wrong. You could've just said "Hey, I'm sorry I should've read the description of the skill, and I understand my opinion is not law and I should show some humility" and you would've been let go.

But there is one thing you were right. The discussion with you is over.
    The discussion with other continues.
    There was never a discussion here, it was over before it started, you've had your head up your own ass since the get go, you had no desire to think critically.

Please go back to stroking your own ego.
  13. Shady Community Hub Bans?

I think you failed to notice the topic title that Doc started. This is why context is important. He called it review bombing, which it's not, given it holds a 83% positive rating, deserved in my opinion. This is why it's important to know the context something was said within. He wanted people to stop complaining about the game, on the context it was in EA. I, personally, disagree with this opinion. Had Fallout 76 been released into Steam's EA, I would've complained about it. While other games, I did not.

Again. I bought Rimworld, Kenshi, and Project Zomboid while they were in early access. And 7 Days to Die. Plenty of which I left positive reviews for. There is no ideological viewpoint against EA, unless someone really, really wants to read into it as such, while not paying attention to anything else I wrote.

I even went on, in a later post, to agree with Doc's premise on the way someone complains.

Ah I see, I also did not see his title, you are right.

Negative reviews are people's opinions, which are perfectly fine.

My mistake, seems to be an overreaction on the mods part!
  14. How do you increase your health/HP?

Simple question for you. Have you ever played Warband?
    Did you even read my post that you quote?

What a stupid statement DiD yOu EVeN PlAy WaRBAnD.

Yes, I've played Warband, even when it was in alpha, we are not playing Warband are we? So it is now irrelevant.

I'm fully aware of how Warband works, perhaps we should rollback the rendering engine too? Or better yet, maybe you should just go play Warband if you want Bannerlord to be a carbon copy?

In Warband even if you gained HP each level along with perk "Ironflesh" it took a tremendous amount of time to benefit from it - like survive one hit more.

It was still a stupid system.

"Massive pools of HP" was never a Warband problem, so I doubt that you have ever played it if you say something like this.

We. Are. Playing. Bannerlord. Not. Warband.

There is no reason to say "Bannerlord can be no better than Warband", also you're wrong - I routinely saw people often times SHIRTLESS chasing me down with arrows stuck in their chest or face.

The funniest thing is that in Warband people were generally much weaker along with you, so skill and armor mattered more. Now in Bannerlord NPCs are much more tanky than in previous titles, and can survive a few cuts no problem. And of top of that, almost every unit shares the same high HP pool. No matter if it is young, strong big battanian, or really old, weak grandpa.

Please explain to me how it logically makes any sense to gain HP by leveling up, what practical way of training do you have to get more ability to take arrows to the face or chest?

"End of discussion" - I love those kinds of definitive statements...
    Maybe in your own head, pal.
    Maybe in your own head.

The discussion continues. As always.

No the discussion is over because I have no reason to keep arguing with someone who can't even argue about how an idea makes sense, they just go, bUt iT wAs iN wArBaND. Bannerlord shouldn't be limited to Warband, it should be the best it can be.

You must've taken a few arrows to the face yourself, that or you haven't allowed yourself to get any smarter since warband, I guess growth and development just aren't your thing?
  15. Which leveling system do you prefer Warband or Bannerlord?

I don't know why we don't gain XP in Tournaments and in training fields
    Probably just an oversight/bug, you'd think you would, I mean it is practice right?
  16. Sieges with only ladders suck

"ladders suck" is about all you need to say, the horrible lag that arises when NPCs use ladders is something else.
  17. No "done" or "cancel" buttons when I try to create an army? help

Press Escape
    8 years

Please go implement your own game engine and come back.
  18. Which leveling system do you prefer Warband or Bannerlord?

So this may not have been clear to you, but the discussion there was an example of one skill where the new system feels pretty off.

To you, it feels off to you.

You are correct autoresolve is not the -only- way to level tactics.
    You've also yet to prove it is the "best" or that it is objectively "less fun", you won't be able to because it isn't, those are subjective metrics not objective ones so they don't mean anything. It is equally as valid for me to say "You just like to autoresolve battles" which is true based on your own statements.

I don't know about you but for me it is an option that occurs pretty regularly, whereas running away or getting into a battle against the odds doesn't come up for me very often.

Tactics is built for autoresolution with some minor passive bonuses built in, you find the words "in simulations" ever other word, it's an RPG skill, not an action skill, short of adding some sort of minigame there's no way to avoid this unless you want to fight every group of 5 bandits yourself.

Whether or not I am capable of winning such a battle is really besides the point here, unless you need to 'git gud' in order to have a conversation about design and someone forgot to give me the memo.
    Aptitude matters when discussing game mechanics, especially as players exist at different aptitude levels, the fact that this basic concept eludes you is extremely concerning.

You are correct that everything in my posts was my opinion. I had thought that while we were engaged in a discussion, commonly understood as an exchange of ideas and opinions, that went without saying but since it makes you feel better I'll say it now.

There is a huge difference between ideas and opinions, an idea can be proven objectively good or bad based on measurable criteria, i.e. it would be a bad idea to replace all mounts with Shrek in the base game, this can easily be proven through polling of the user base. Your opinion cannot be disproved in such a way. You feel like it's less fun but that doesn't mean it is, you have no quantitative measurement or statement of impact, you just feel like it's not as enjoyable. Without some measure of whether or not a large population agrees with you it doesn't mean anything.

Do you actually have any points to make about the design of the progression system, or do you just want to shout 'You're wrong!' and resort to personal attacks?

I've already previously main my complaints and suggestions known: Perks feel arbitrary, many are under the wrong skills, the overall progression is far too slow. That being said I haven't personally attacked you, merely called out the obvious self-righteous attitude you were posting with, I understand that you're probably not used to being called out but I mean - you didn't even read the skill description.

What you view as "personal attacks" is me correcting you both on fact and on attitude.

I mean sure, you have some 'gotcha!' quotes here, and you bullet pointed them with numbers so you must be smart, but I'm not really understanding your ideas on how to improve the progression system, only that I seem to have personally offended you somehow, and in retrospect I'm sort of glad.

Sorry, I know you have a short attention span given how you couldn't even read the skill description, so I thought bullet points would be the easiest format for you to consume.
  19. Shady Community Hub Bans?

It doesn't make it worse. You just quoted me, but in reality, you quoted Doc. None of those views are mine. They were the exact opposite, Yin to Yang of someone's elses body. Read both to compare and contrast.

Either A) We are both wrong, one an ideological promotion of EA, the other an ideological strike against EA. Or B) Two people arguing about whether or not complaining about a game, in EA, is warranted. B was by vote.

But if A, then I cannot see how I am at fault, even if the context is removed, unless he too was banned. It comes across "So long as I am promoting negative reviews, I'll be banned. But if I'm promoting positive reviews..."

Doc only seems to oppose review bombing, nowhere does he seem to oppose having a negative opinion of the game and reviewing it accordingly.

If everyone hates a game and naturally reviews it negatively that's not "Review bombing" that's a game noone likes, if people say "This games website is purple, I don't like purple" and then proceed to review bomb the game then it is rational that people would be opposed to that, because most people use reviews to find good games to play, not finding out about arbitrary points of contention outside of the game.
  20. Interaction with NPCS / armies

I do think the game uses a bunch of unnecessary loading screens that should be removed if they can't be made faster, but I'll hold judgement on that for the time being as it is so early.

In the meantime this may help you:
Back
Top Bottom