Search results for query: *

1. Acid91

SP - General honor, name and promote units of your army to create a deeper emotional relationship

+1 Fantastic idea, this would be a great feature. It would add a lot of flavour to army building and there would be a real backstory behind certain individuals in your army, rather than generic and randomly generated individuals.
  2. Acid91

SP - General Give your soldiers tier limited equipment upgrades (let me buy a shield for recruits)

+1

Definitely a good time to make a rather static aspect of Mount & Blade much more dynamic.
  3. Acid91

SP - General Hideout System Compromise

There seems to be two extremes available now. Vanilla lets us take a tiny amount of men to get crushed, or mods that allow us to take a silly amount of troops in to battle. How about you change the system to allow us to take whom and how many we want, but the more we take, the less of the...
  4. Acid91

SP - General Severely Inflated Currency?

Is it Me or is the value of a single Denar in this game pathetic? We're trading thousands of what are basically Pennies at a time. Couldn't the price of everything be cut in half? Or even better, add tiers of currency such as copper, silver and gold. Even written promissory letters like...
  5. Acid91

SP - General Add minor factions

+1

Would be great to see mini palisade forts and such ruled by upstarts, bandits and mercenary bands. Building or taking these over could act as a good starting point for the player.
  6. Acid91

SP - General Slow down battles to make them feel epic and realistic

+1

In addition, it would be good to have the option to scale damage for everyone, rather than just You and your allies.
  7. Acid91

SP - General Using minor factions to curb snowballing

+1 to this suggestion. There should definitely be a regular injection of upstarts and rebellions to deal with. Especially when the ruling faction hasn't put measures in place to suppress newly conquered subjects.

Maybe take the system from EU4 when it comes to policing, whether you are peaceful about it or savage. Or newly conquered settlements need an unusually high amount of manpower for a period of time before they can be left to their default. In any case, Kingdom stability should definitely get more difficult depending on size.
  8. Acid91

SP - General Endless Drink Pouring...

I don't know if it's just Me, but please for the love of God, do something about the endless sound of foamy drinks being poured in the Taverns. That's the only thing I can hear when I'm in there, especially with headphones on. I avoid going in Taverns because of that irritating noise, let alone...
  9. Acid91

SP - General In-Battlefield Suggestions

Hey, I previously posted all my suggestions in a single thread, but I later realised you wish to have them in individual subjects. Please allow us to scale damage taken/delivered for enemies as well as us and our allies. It would allow us to control the length of battles to our liking. If...
  10. Acid91

SP - General My List of Constructive Feedback

Hey guys, Here's my list of thoughts and suggestions on the game through my personal experience. So far I'm generally very pleased, however there are a lot of issues to address, as well as some features I'd like to see in the future. I'd also like to know if any of you guys agree/disagree on...
  11. Acid91

SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

gsanders said:
    Macmillan said:
    Is there any update on a new release date since passing the mid-late August aim? I'm properly hyped for this.

Nameless Warrior said, 18 hours ago, on Moddb, when asked about end of September release:
    "It is not out of the question. We still need to tweak diplomacy to where we need it to be, fix a few outstanding issues, and collate a few more works alongside some magic refinement. Certainly no chance within the next 2 weeks. There is a decent chance we will be ready in the tail end of September.

We rushed the mod out a little too quickly at the end last time when with hindsight we should have waited to fix a few things first. We will be more prudent this time.

I am not going to post another article as I don't feel release is that far away but I will try and keep information flowing on this front page more often."

I personally have nothing to add to his statement; it says everything needed.

Excellent, thanks mate!
  12. Acid91

SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Is there any update on a new release date since passing the mid-late August aim? I'm properly hyped for this.
  13. Acid91

Rules of Recruitment and Availability

I thought Brunswickers were German units? Were they really available to everyone? I've read they were only a 2000 strong unit. Or is it temporary because it may not be legitimate?

On the note of recruiting in towns and villages, will we see a more complex system of recruiting? Because I'm currently a ranker walking where I like, leading near enough 100 men and picking up anyone I want in the name of Great Britain. 'Nuff said.

I've also heard that you will not be implementing the Freelancer mod, or something of similar function? I would love the idea of serving as a lowly ranker in a lords army, for a small pay and a big chance of death.
  14. Acid91

Docm30 said:
    Besides the fact you can recruit other factions' troops, how is the system not realistic? Recruiting in reality involved going to towns and getting men to sign up for a small bounty.

You wouldn't see a fully uniformed soldier of his respected nation in a tavern signing up as a mercenary, taking that risk could easily be a death sentence. A lynch mob would be right round there to hang him for desertion if his sergeant found out.

He would have to ditch most of his gear and pretend to be an ex-veteran or peasant to get away with that. I don't doubt that it was common among deserters, and I imagine it happened a lot, you could make money off of the knowledge you gain as a soldier somehow. But you would have to be a complete fool to advertise your self as a deserter like that in your full colours and gear.

I think all soldiers recruit-able in a tavern should be replaced with equivalent men, but at least in appropriate dress and title.

But it's your call Docm.
  15. Acid91

Docm30 said:
    The reason you can recruit troops from different factions is because people asked for it to be that way.

I respect your decision to implement what people ask for Docm, but my personal opinion is that it is still a bit of a slap in the face to the level of realism and detail you have given to this mod.

I hope that later some kind of alternative can be implemented, or at least it can be made into two forms of recruitment. 'Easy/simple' and 'realistic' recruitment, like Titantoe suggested.

In any case, if it's not going to change then I'll just have to accept it.

16. Acid91

Hey guys, First of all, to the creator of this mod, Docm. I have been tracking this mod for years and I eagerly awaited its release. I must say, I am literally astounded that you created such a masterpiece (even in an unfinished state) virtually on your own! The quality of this mod rivals the...
  17. Acid91

75th (Stirlingshire) Regiment Of Foot "Abercromby's Highlanders" (EU & NA)

Hello fellow gamers! I've been going around recruiting for the 75th Highlanders, a regiment/community for the great game 'Napoleonic Wars', an official mod for Mount and Blade Warband. I figured this would be a great place to find new recruits and veterans of musket era games! We're a...
  18. Acid91

Campaign Map Performance?

nijis said:
    A couple observations on campaign map speeds:

1) Turning cheatvision on slows maps considerably because the game needs to render a bunch of new party icons
    2) A party stuck in a polygon where it has no route anywhere (ie, a sea tile) can slow the map a great deal, I think because the game gets stuck in a pathfinding loop

I disagree with the first point because it's the only change I made before the game sped up, otherwise it would constantly lag. Little low-poly models and 2D images won't affect a game which is designed to run hundreds of independent combating men on a battlefield at once.

Could it be that using cheat vision is nudging the computer to rethink it's pathfinding?
  19. Acid91

Odyseuss said:
    Yeah, my campaign map dies too for no apparent reason. Even on bad graphics without cheats or anything.

Actually activating the Ctrl + T cheat fixed the issue for me. The performance gradually got smoother after I enabled it, and I was able to switch it off by the time it got smoother with out it going downhill again.
  20. Acid91

Temujin said:
    I have the same problem for me it started after I used the cheat allowing you to see everything on the map. After that it slowed down.

I also notice that traveling armies in spain wanting to go to cagliari get stuck, endlessly bumping against the sea and not crossing it

It looks like this worked! The gameplay has gradually got a lot smoother. And I can see a lot of weird things too. There's a big bunch of looters in the middle of the ocean off the East coast of Britain for some reason. Thank you so much!

*edit*

That is, I used the cheat AFTER I had been getting the really choppy performance, and then everything has become smoother for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom