Search results for query: *

1. Infantry formations are broken in army

That fixed it, thank you!
  2. Why Does The AI Declare War When Already At War?

With the hotfix this got a bit better. In my empire campaign we used to be at war with 4+ kingdoms all the time. Now, we will actually declare peace from time to time and not have as many wars going simultaneously. That's not to say that the AI is smart about who they declare war with and when. I managed to get peace with the Vlandians after making a decent defensive paremeter so that we could focus on the Battanians. After conquering and re-conquering the same areas a couple times, I ground the Battanians into a fine powder. As that's wrapping up, our empire (the West) declared war on the Kuzaits, who we had left alone all game and was unchecked. Who else do we declare on? The Vlandians and the Southern empire, of course! We went front a one front war to a three-front war. Why?

I'm really looking forward to some kind of rational war declarations, preferably where the game explains why the vote was called. For example: "to defend our ally the Southern Empire we must attack the Kuzaits!" It would certainly be less random.
  3. Many perks need dual/alternate effects. One effect for player, another for our companion

I have my NPC wife taking the role of steward, which means 1/2 of the perks do nothing. Allows me to get away with 2 int because I also have a medic. Strangely zero wanderers with engineering spawned this game....
  4. AI army abandoning settlement defense

I've also been having problems were I am denied access to castles I just conquered.... Hard to reinforce it if my army can't come in!
  5. Infantry formations are broken in army

Ok thanks for the tip. Wish there was a better fix than killing my captains... :razz:
  6. AI army abandoning settlement defense

There are several things one can complain about with AI armies, but a big offender is that when they are rushing to defend a settlement and it is taken before they arrive (including just a couple hours before), they change priorities and go do some other nonsense. Why don't they fight the...
  7. Infantry formations are broken in army

Whenever I am in an army (leader or troop commander), the infantry will not make a tight formation (e.g. square, shield wall where they are shoulder to shoulder) 95% of the time. Occasionally they will, but for no reason I can discern. Is this a bug others are experiencing? It is never a problem...
  8. Theros is on crack!

Theros is a champion I ran into in Phycaron who seems to run at 2x speed when fighting. Not only this, the game teams him up with jacked infantry when fighting. Can't get a hit in on him when I win just about every tournament. Hit him in the head with a javalin with the + 20% damage perk for ~50...
  9. Terrible control of troops in battle

A birds-eye view for commanding would be an improvement. When I'm on the battlefield telling the units to line up, the boundaries of either flank are hard to accurately mark. For example, if a tree or small elevation in terrain is somewhere in the way of my 80 infantry in the forest, the game has a hard time figuring out how to place units. If I could see a larger area from up top and the tree issue was dealt with, I could form a more effective wall.
  10. Some issues with 1.41

Shield wall- my shield infantry spreads out as though in loose formation and holds their shields up. Seems to not happen as much when not in an army. Peace- bought peace from the Sturgians for ~$150k dinars after three kingdoms declared war on my fledgeling kingdom over nothing. One week later...
  11. Do people like Smithing as a concept

If you like smithing then I have your game of the year right here:

http://polatrite.github.io/progress-bars/

So much better than smithing. Thanks for sharing!
  12. Do people like Smithing as a concept

I've tried it and it is far too much of a grind for any decent payout. I like the suggestion that followers or a blacksmith in a town could do this, it would be a nice reward for uprading your castle or city.
  13. Several Quick Suggestions

Inventory organization -create a subsection for items to not be caught up in "sell all" so that you can unload the looter crap but save your essential equipment -being able to move things around in the inventory and group them/select multiple things at a time (e.g. to drag and drop onto a new...
  14. Only way to play the game?

I was playing a game as Vlandians where we conquered the viking's northernmost central town. I would destroy the armies over and over and new stacks show up. At one point I had a quest to deliver a noble all the way back to Western Vlandia (yeah, right, they ALWAYS escape). After defeating the same noble three times and capturing him (and others ~2 times) I decided I would execute everyone from that faction just to get them to **** off. Lost reputation, but it bought me some time to reinforce the one settlement and finally capture their capital. And then another faction started doing it...
  15. Sieging Army Leaves for No Reason?

Has anyone had a problem where they part of an allied army that has created a siege camp and may even have siege equipment, has favorable odds at winning, but just leaves to go do other things instead? I think the army went to gather more troops nearby, but then didn't return to the castle to...
  16. Help, my wife is out of control!

I was able to marry a vassal of the Western Empire, but she will not join my party. Further, she keeps making raiding parties, getting captured, and thrown in enemy dungeons. She needs to come home so that she can start making babies. Help!
  17. Mounted Archer Perk (not working?)

Maybe the perk should say what it does or does not actually do. Just a thought.
  18. Problem with AI non-stop attacking my fiefs

As mentioned above, building a strong garrison seems to be a way to deter attacks. The enemy Anseri were attacking my Thracia Castle (sp), totally bypassing the other castle on the pennisula and the city just to the East. My strategies were to expand the border to the castle on their side of the border, vote for an ally to take control of it, and then buff both that and my castle. For a while there I was winning elections for who should take far-flung castles only to constantly be attacked until I figured out this tactic.
Back
Top Bottom