Search results for query: *

• Users: Nashi
  • Order by date
  1. New Battle Formation system help

So with the old system, I'd assign all my troops to various groups, and it was set in stone. Unless im missing something, the new system isnt work very well. An Example as empire: I used to assign my Tier 1-4 infantry to Battle 1 and Tier 1-4 Archers to battle 2. Then I'd assign Tier 5...
  2. STILL getting war dec'd way too often

Just out of curiosity, how full do you keep garrisons? I own half the map and never got dec'd ever. However, I dont take a new castle/city without any current ones being full. Curious what the triggers are to get dec'd. Somehow they must see you as easy pickings lol
  3. What is the ideal troop composition?

In warband archers were deadly but needed protecting save sharpshooters. Swadian Knights/Mams in open fields took near no loses. In seiges, Husks/Rhodok sargents were unstoppable. In testing the comps in bannerlord, it seems like everything is normalized, and no units comp pulls ahead a whole lot, save cavalry which mostly ends up clearing the battlefield the fastest due to speed to chase everything down. At least after troops are Tier 4+. Before 4, archers seem fairly weak.

1 crazy thing i noticed with a test save, was to siege the same city with 3 setups. 1 with all sharpshooters, 1 with mostly sargents,and 1 with all vanguards for cav units (all the L26 units for vlandian). all 3 fights with 130 troops took the city within a small variance in deaths/wounded. Maybe it was just luck.

If you take a look at stats and how the AI plays, atm I think most units are paste/copy of each other with a couple uniques unlike warband where the units all functioned different and used different weapons.

The best comp I seen so far end is simply using whatever special units in the faction you picked that go over level 30 due to weapon skill level.
  4. Are sieges not working?

So what I noticed when testing various units was some will only scale walls depending on formation. For example, the vlandian seagents on the last siege defaulted to "shield wall", which makes them run to the wall like you described and did nothing. I had to set their formation to another like Line, and they started climbing.

Same with Sharpshooters using their xbows at times, sometimes they stand and do nothing, but if you change the formation to spread out, they all start firing in sieges.
  5. Hideouts are impossible

I havent tried sea raider since it crashed my game on release, but the others I found that the bandit archers have a accuracy problem at a certain range, so I cleared them by simply bowing them down at far range, and if I started taking damage, turn and zig zag back like 10-15 paces, and start shooting again. The key with this is to string your bow, shoot, then strife 2ft as the enemy arrows in air will miss you. As they get close though they will pin cushion ya lol.

I also stationed my troops behind a building in some of them, as to lure the bandits to the building by kiting them through it, so my units werent being picked off at range the entire time. Gonna try the sea raider camp today as I assume its fixed if its working for you guys.
  6. Where to mod arrow vendor price?

are you just overwriting your changes in the vanilla files or have you set up your changes as a custom mod?

Im asking because I am trying to figure out how to create a custom set of armor by renaming a copy of a current piece of armor in spitems.xml
    and then load it as a custom mod. I cannot seem to get SubModule.xml to work because the launcher craps out on loading my mod.

Check out the armor mods on nexus maybe. I ended up downloading an arrow mod there 15m ago, as it appears steam keeps refreshing the spitems file and changing it back to stock every so often. Then change their mod to your liking, thats what I just did with the arrow mod, so now its an actually mod I enable, seems to work fine. Prices arent fixed though :sad:
  7. Where to mod arrow vendor price?

are you just overwriting your changes in the vanilla files or have you set up your changes as a custom mod?

Im asking because I am trying to figure out how to create a custom set of armor by renaming a copy of a current piece of armor in spitems.xml
    and then load it as a custom mod. I cannot seem to get SubModule.xml to work because the launcher craps out on loading my mod.
    Overwriting for now.
  8. Where to mod arrow vendor price?

looking at \Modules\Native\ModuleData\item_modifiers.xml , that looks like the crafting quality modifier file as those are all quality level :smile:.
  9. Where to mod arrow vendor price?

Nope, didnt work. But i must not have been high enough in the DIR tree when i searched for "arrow" cuz i didnt find this the first time,. gonna keep looking.
  10. Where to mod arrow vendor price?

How did you managed to change quantity? Which tool did you use to edit the file?
    its under sandboxcore in the spitems.xml file. Notepad++ :smile:
  11. Where to mod arrow vendor price?

Of the many things I modded in warband that I attempted to mod in Bannerlord today was arrow quantity. I managed to set all the arrow quiver sizes to 250 for QoL, the issue is it seems the price to vendors is now based on the arrows themselves, where I swore warband had the vendor price set at...
Back
Top Bottom