Search results for query: *

1. Skyn0s

In Progress Object Reference Not Set to an Instance of an Object

Hello, I have quite the same message on my current savegame.
    I used plenty of modification and everything was fine before the last patch 1.1.0

There is the message :
    9ylm.png

Clearly after like 1 min in game i receive that message, whatever i do on the campaign map.
  2. Skyn0s

Need More Info Crash with (and without) one party into the army

Ok I isolated the bug.

There is my bug and the message posted above (the one into the spoiler with the screenshot) :

- I did an army and recruted 3 lords. One of them didn't join the army and was never with the other two who joined me at the beginning of the creation.
    - Then the lord who was absent just organized his own siege on a fort
    - I did not check if he was with me during my little raid and siege...and at the end i tried to disband the army.

==> and the crash occured at this particular moment...if one of the party didn't joined you and you try to disband your army, the game is crashing, because something is absent.

Dev team you need to fix that bug, cause that situation can occur at moment when you must disband your army and all the lord didn't joined you.

So i tried with my army to see where the lord missing was, and with the cohesion i needed to be fast. so i travelled directly where the lord was in siege and when he finally joined my army I was able to disband all the lords and continue the play on this save that i thought corrupted.
  3. Skyn0s

I am having a very similar issue to this and was coming here to report it as well. After loading into my game a few seconds after it's loaded it crashes when I try to move in any direction on 1.0.10 Link to the save in question https://mega.nz/file/eD5nBARY#qHS0S5l45QejrvWkMQdASESoIVVuuEWPx6XDYYEdMi8

For me I have no mods currently installed and I am using geforce now. There were some before that used the save exporter but most of the time is played without any. As geforce now doesn't allow any.

Does it occured with the same message as mine after your crash ?
  4. Skyn0s

Hello, I encountered several crashes around a couple of save, followed by that message right after the last patch. I don't have the crash report when I close the game after the crash. I don't make any particular action, the crash occured just few sec (like 30 sec) after I entered on the map. I...
  5. Skyn0s

SP - General SUGGESTION LIST

In this game have some mistakes. This mistakes ruining my contact with calradia and my story. I think we all loving game because of the feeling that we can be whatever we want in calradia! And i want to feel like that again! So if we stand together we can change what we don't like about game. Like the things killing all atmosfer.
    I agree with all your post, do you have a topic already concerning your suggestions ? I would enjoy supporting them !
  6. Skyn0s

SP - General Fleeing units look ridiculous :D

Of course they are more dangerous, because they are desperate. You can fight with confidence in a battle shoulder to shoulder with allies. But once those allies are killed and only a few of you remain, you become desperate and you will do anything to keep yourself alive. Desperate, horrified humans know nothing more then survive at any means necessary. They will try their hardest to kill anyone who stops them from fleeing.
    And yes, when people in a battle retreat you don't want to try so hard to catch them because they are desperate people with sharp things. Thats was cavalry is for. Lindybeige made a video about this called "Pursuit in battles - don't try too hard"

We can continue our discussion in private message if you like, cause it's already a little bit off topic, and to preserve the message of the OP.
  7. Skyn0s

SP - General Ambushes on map

To be honest i really think the game could use some complexity right now. Your constantly grinding. Hunting bandits and lords. In my opinion there is no complexity right now.
    Exactly what i thought...in my opinion the map is pretty simple at the moment...even for the "new player" or those who fear the complexity.
    The game need some depth and the "ambush idea" could be one of them in my opinion.
  8. Skyn0s

SP - General Fleeing units look ridiculous :D

It would honestly make sense if they become even more dangerous then before. Scared people running for their lives are very dangerous.
    Not at all, scared people are just scared people. Wounded people or people without other choice but to battle are very dangerous.
    Look at the number of dead during a retreat, if scared people were very dangerous, occurence would have proved that an army in retreat were something to avoid.

10 looters is heading exactly same direction and exactly same movement speed "running" for their lives.

Is that possible to add some randomness to movement speed and pathfinding even between the same units? That would just look so much more natural if there was some difference between individual units
    I agree with you, more diversity on the animation, reaction considering their retreat.
  9. Skyn0s

I think ambushes should become a thing but making sure that they are not OP or super common and that the AI can do them aswell. The problem though is that people will complain about how out of nowhere they just lost everything. And if people are able to just ambush whenever then it almost gets rid of the downside of a slow army. You need to think about the downsides when suggesting something.

You can create some rules that follow the ambush to prevent some downside.
    Example : 1 ambush per day...it would not be an abuse and seems logical at the same time...
  10. Skyn0s

Resolved [Bug] Mission starts with 0 days left

I now have accepted a second time a mission that has 0 days left to complete right when I accept it. If I remember correctly, the first time, as well as now the second time both missions were "Landlord needs access to XY". normally no problem, because the villages are not far from each other. But it turns into a problem, when you accept the mission late at night, because with the dawn of morning, the mission fails automatically, because the last of the 0 days has passed.
    Please increase the number of days to complete this mission to at least 1 day to prevent this from happening

EDIT: Got the same mission a third time, at the mid of the day, left the village, went on for 5 seconds and the mission auto-fails immediatly too. So it has nothing to do with the start of a new day.

Had the same problem a multiple times with that quest, exactly like you described it.
    Need to be fixe, and i can confirm it has nothing to do with the start of a new day.
  11. Skyn0s

Resolved [1.3] All the Problems with Siege AI (a lot)(videos + photos)

+1
    Excellent post, those points you described need to be fixed one by one because they kill a lot the atmosphere of the siege and destroy the logical and strategic part of it.
  12. Skyn0s

+1 OP
    Seems like something really missing from the actual version of the game.
    But like it was said, without roads, ambush are hasardous.
  13. Skyn0s

SP - General Roads on the map!

Add roads to connect the map and add new game mechanic!

Cities get big stone roads to connect themselves to accommodate caravans, armies, and travellers

Castles get medium-sized roads to accommodate armies marching in and out

Villages get small dirt roads joining to main roads or other villages

By giving parties certain advantages or disadvantages for choosing to travel on the road you can change the game mechanics and tactics in a really good way.

Here is a few examples.

- Travelling on roads gives you a speed boost depending on what type of road it is, bigger the road, faster you go.

-All parties walk normal speed on main roads, reduced speed on medium-sized roads, slower on village roads and much slower on no road at all.

-The bigger the party size, the more this effect takes place. So whereas a small warband can slip through mountain passages easily, a big army can't manoeuvre as well in this terrain without a proper road.

So if you click on a town somewhere on the map, instead of going straight towards the town, your party (and all other NPCs) instead calculate the shortest distance by calculating how far you are to a road and the destination, then make the necessary calculations to put you on the road to get you there if it's necessary/ shorter time.

You can of course disable "follow road" mode by a very small button at the bottom of the screen somewhere, maybe a little tick box out of the way to move like vanilla.

Things like gang hideouts can be put on places really out of the way of most roads, so to not attract lords and player, and looters can be found near "caravan routes" to plunder them but run away quickly to mountains or other difficult to get to places if lords decide to chase them and get away, to have a more realistic effect.

I think this would be a really good addition to the game and add more complexity to the base game and make it more reliable to make strategies.

Such as if a certain lord is known to be between x castle and y castle, you can bet your money on where they are going to be. Or if there is an army coming towards your city from a certain other city, you can pretty much guess which direction and which roads they would be following (of course to make it not so easy, AI needs to accommodate this by sometimes switching up roads and maybe even walking through fields to throw the other NPCs/Plater off. depending on their tactics skill level)

+1
    Seems a pretty good idea, and I like the last point you made to be clear on how it can be adapted to the strategic mind.
  14. Skyn0s

SP - General Better unit collision like warband

Well i already communicated this issue to Dev Murat Ture 7 hours back and i got this because of your reddit post good job man.
    Great to hear, good job guys !
  15. Skyn0s

SP - General Better unit collision like warband

So they ruined it.
    Maybe they will implement it later...cause as we can see on the video @Terco_Viejo posted, it was already there in 2016.
    But i can't imagine they don't see at the moment that it's a little bit ridiculous on that collision system.
    And i have no clue why they removed it ?
  16. Skyn0s

SP - General Problems addressed through the modding community

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm looking for easily applied fixes by choice hoping that the devs will notice the post and apply them all in a big patch haha. Some of them like more companions and bandit hideout limits are up to debate or a relative lot of work, but I'm hoping to see some of the troop fixes implemented some time soon.

Thanks to you, I just expressed my support because I think it can add more visibility to your post and others great idea. In fact I'm eager to see how the TW team reacts to these multiples and great modifications and suggestions.

The game is already a great base, so the perspective are wonderful if the team continues on this rythm.
    I'm new to the M&B community, but the developper are fare more reactives and open to mod than other games.
  17. Skyn0s

SP - General Problems addressed through the modding community

Beautiful effort @maelos61.
    Some of them are great to add, even with the EA, some good playing experience in the waiting to be implemanted directly by TW's team developpers.
  18. Skyn0s

SP - General Fishing and hunting.

So in some of the villages, I see some of the locals fishing. Which is a neat touch. I can also eat horses now.

Why not add the ability for players to hunt and fish for food as well? Maybe even have bears and wolves as potential threats during the activity.

+1
    I was thinking about that, because also the hunting was since the ancient time a big event during the middle age.
    It could be like a quest concerning the hunting part, where you can join the lord of the castle/settlement.
  19. Skyn0s

SP - General Renown from Trading and Merching

Doesn't make too much sense that you can be a trading mogul and still be some unknown peasant in the world. High value and volume trades should contribute some renown, along with buying out enterprises and running caravans worth thousands of denars. Doesn't even have to be an absurd amount, just enough so that you get something like "Oh, you're that guy who's been bankrolling my town for the last 82 days, thanks for that, I guess."

+1
    Yes it makes sense.
  20. Skyn0s

SP - General Estimated line of movement (a new way to choose where to go)

+1
    Would help a lot in fact to anticipate the time you need between cities, etc.
    Yeah a good idea @Lady_Aliena!
Back
Top Bottom