Search results for query: *

• Users: ikari
  • Order by date
  1. Auto-Block or Manually-Block?

auto-blocking! beacause my reflexes are terrible and I can't be bothered to try to overcome it :smile:

was it extremely? I didn't watch the forums, but on the steam replies there were only 2-3 people spam-requesting it. One a boomer saying he got no reflexes for the current blocking system anymore, and others some mount and blade warband singleplayer veterans I guess. Dunno what went on the forums otherwise.

Wasted a bit of time implementing what could easily be a mod. Other than that, I am sad they downgraded the AI and now the AI sucks in combat, probably catering to the same 3 spamming players...

Play without auto-block on. That's like journalist mode in games nowadays, basically cheats imo. All you need more is auto-aim and auto-walk and you don't have to play the game anymore. The game is pretty barren as it is, and combat is one big plus that it has. I'd say enjoy it as it was meant to be;

everyone I know in person who ever played the original M&B (something like 5 people) have played it with the auto block - and they are not the kind of people that tend to argue things on forums - I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people who have played the original M&B in a casual way and they saw there is a new game in the series available so they've tried it and found out it's much harder than it used to be, so the've moved on to other more casual games - I'm that kind of person as well - I've bought the game at the (early access) launch and shelved it almost immedeatly because of the missing autoblock and the snowballing on a campain map - now I'm back to try it again so I want to thank devs for bringing this awesome feature back! :smile: I'll buy some DLC when it comes out
  2. Desperately need a better method of tracking down and talking to specific lords

Yeah it's a not a very good design - I've finaly finished the quest and I've rejoiced :grin: ... and then I've realised that I need to find a king of a so I can ask him if I can join ... I had to do this kind of thing relatively often in Warband and it was not that great of a game machanic there but it was bearable - this is insufferable mostly because when it finaly updates the person is often on the other side of a kingdom - it's bad because my army has about the same speed as his but he knows where he is going and I'm not so he can be outrunning me basicaly until he decides to come my direction (if we don't miss each other at night for example) or stay at one place

I also think that lords are spending more time in prisons than they did in Warband
  3. SP - Battles & Sieges Auto-block in singleplayer

How about an autoblock function whose accuracy was tied to the weapon skill? If you're lousy with the weapon, then autoblock will often not parry successfully, but as your characters skills improve, you'll do better and better.
    and maybe on a weapon that is used? something like wider cross-guard means better block? that would help crafting as well :smile:
  4. SP - Battles & Sieges Auto-block in singleplayer

that ballancing issue is simple - I think that literary everyone here said that MP should be competitive with manual block ... so weapons should be ballanced around that - what happens in SP where people are basicaly 'cheating' with autoblock just doesnt matter - people will take the most OP weapon if they want the most OP weapon but I think they will mostly choose one they want to role-play with ... (It will not change ballance of armies since the autoblock affects just player and not AI fighting each other)

should game be played in a way the devs meant it or if players should be allowed to find their own way to enjoy it? that is an old question :grin: - one of the most known game devs in my country says that game should be played the way he meant, it should have only one challenging difficulty and it should not hold players hand (many other devs disagree - myself included) .... someone mentioned Kingdom Come which is a game that was made with this in mind ... it has a terrible combat and camera lock is just the worst :grin: I think I will never finish it because of that which is a shame :/ - and I hope M&B will not slip into the same path - I believe that player should find his own way to enjoy a game - I play Factorio and I never played it the way everyone plays it - I turned off the aliens and set myself to challenge of transporting everything with trains - and the game allows me to do that and it's fun :grin: (have something like 200 hours in that single playthrough and still not finished) - and I think that is the core and best strength of the M&B campaign - figuring out your own fun - combat should follow suit - I don't care that some purists says that you can have the most fun by playing it in some specific way - for me learning to fight with manual block is too much of a distraction from doing things I want to do - the thing i personally despise on manual blocking is that it just needs too much of my attention (right now all of it) and it will be like that until I become the 'GAMING GOD' ... and I will probably stop playing it long before I become that

so we are probably getting the autoblock for which I'm grateful :smile: and I do think It's the best choice

Why is this thread even still happening? From what I can see on Page 7, someone contacted Taleworlds and they said they are planning on adding it back in.
    because it's interesting subject :grin:

If you want auto-block then use a shield. The game already makes it stupidly easy if you play on anything other than realistic. For those complaining about the game lacking features, Taleworlds already said if you want the complete experience then DON'T buy the early access.
    for me it's not about difficulty - it's about fun - I don't mind higher difficulty, but I do mind the overload that is happening to me when I try to block properly - also we know that the game is not finished but not seeing said feature makes us nervous
  5. SP - Battles & Sieges Auto-block in singleplayer

Actually a lot of what MP players were complaining about, got mocked by SP players! It's truly tragic and discrimination against us. That being said we fully support the features SP players are requesting.
    there are always not so nice people on all sides :grin: humans ....
  6. SP - Battles & Sieges Auto-block in singleplayer

Every MP player here is utlimately worried about a MP autoblock hack, I guarantee it. They wouldn't say it like that though, instead they're just trying to play coy and tell you to "learn the game" as if autoblock wasn't in every MB title already. I would be interested to see their skills and abilities however, if any of them can show me proof of them using the block system without dodge strafing and showing off how "capable" they got with skill and practice, I would be genuinely impressed. And this would be the STANDARD for EVERYONE.

I've actually played a game online like 15 years ago before it was infested with hackers - I've stopped playing because of that and it really sucked ... so I understand - MP players really should get solid anti-cheat protection ... but that is just not a good reason not to include autoblock into SP
  7. SP - Battles & Sieges Auto-block in singleplayer

I wonder, if there was a feature missing from MP that SP users don't use, would SP users tell the MP users to "deal with it"? What I'm seeing here is that there is a feature missing from SP, that the MP users are telling SP users to get over, and I THINK what's actually happening, is that Auto-Block being allowed, would lead to a MP hack that makes MP harder, and the MP players are actually subtly telling the SP players like us, that they don't want to have THEIR experience be any harder, so they want us to suffer. Who knows? Definitely seeing a lot of "screw you I got mine" from them, instead of all of us wanting MB to be what it used to be, they are happy because this change benefits them alone. Very telling
    I believe that MP should not be neglected even though there are not that many people playing it - I think it's healthy for the community and essential for future of the series :smile: but I'm sure that there are better ways to prevent cheating in MP other than removing auto-block from the game - devs should find time to implement those

Haven't you ever played Sekiro? Dude just git gud gg no re re get on my level! I AM A GAMING GOD!
    I have seen the gameplay - not my kind of game
  8. SP - Battles & Sieges Auto-block in singleplayer

BUY A SHIELD

also there will inevitably bee a Japanese campaign mod and I will be playing it :grin: I will not be able to buy shield there
  9. Multiplayer and Singleplayer disparity

I know, you've heard that before but I would like to see coop campain ... that is also multiplayer :grin:
  10. Multiplayer and Singleplayer disparity

I have no desire to play MP but I think it's healthy for the game to have hardcore MP community and there should be support for it from developers (no, MP players who are bullying casual players here do not deserve it but it's like it is)

I would actually like to see a M&B e-sport :grin: but it might be fun to watch it
  11. SP - Battles & Sieges Auto-block in singleplayer

a little thought to the modders that will have to complete the work of the devs for free.

that’s shameful that taleworlds doesn’t care about their least experienced customers.
    I think they will bring it back :smile:

also I don't think it would be easy for modders to bring in this feture ... it would depend on wheter it's implemented and just turned off (I'd suspect tha wouldn't be the case) or is it's not - if it's not then it would be extremely hard to get it in because it would mean hacking the engine an trying to code it into it ... such a thing wouldn't be unprecedented but unlikely
  12. SP - Battles & Sieges Auto-block in singleplayer

The amount of groveling on here for a missing feature is hilarious. Do what the bad multiplayer players like me do and use a shield. Learn your place. Also some of these posts are super cringe. This is niche game and it’s not going to hold your hand. Bunch of liberal cry babies.
    .... that is so spiteful
  13. Patch Notes e1.0.4

thank you !!! :smile:
  14. SP - Battles & Sieges Auto-block in singleplayer

I have told you, y'all come to multiplayer eventually than come back to the forums and complain about it being bugged or people use gimmicks or anything you can think of. Kind of like me being called a troll earlier. The main skill you need for this game is blocking. Half of you if not all are playing on the easiest difficulty already. So I really don't see an issue to not having autoblock. Autoblock is a bad way for this game to evolve and caters to noobs to be handheld the whole game. This game is not hard, if you try but none of you do you whine and complain all the way here and call me a troll for calling me out thinking I have the same struggles as you. NEWS FLASH I'M NOT BAD. I learned..
    I won't come to multiplayer I can promise you :grin: I generally play multiplayer only with people I know - also directional blocking IS hard - maybe not for you but for some people it is - when it comes to me it's simple: no autoblock = no game
  15. SP - Battles & Sieges Auto-block in singleplayer

You don't have my respect though? You are one of the people that refuses to even try and thus will continue to be bad at blocking.
    do I have to? I don't want to - and I'm realy doubtfull that the effort would be worth it for me right now - I know myself more than you do and I know for sure it wouldn't be easy so for me the frustration might be really much larger than it was for you - and Warband was fun even with autoblock :smile:
  16. SP - Battles & Sieges Auto-block in singleplayer

Blocking is the core mechanic of the game. I respect anyone that tries their best to learn it but struggles to do so. But most of these cases that is not it, most of y'all before even trying have complained from DAY ONE that autoblock is gone. It is literally the equivalent as an aim assist in a fps game. The fact you have to be a 'gaming god' to learn a simple skill in this game is ridiculous to even think of. They swing slower than a turtle on a pogostick wielding a bastard sword get a grip on yourself.
    I don't care about your respect - and you can look down on me as much as you can - but that doesn't matter at all - the important part is that I paid for the game which is essential for further development of it - and I wouldn't have bought Bannerlord if Warband didn't have the autoblock (maybe I woudn't have bought even Warband because I first played it on a friends PC) ... so you are shooting yourself in the foot when you are defending possition that can bring less people to playing and buying the game
  17. SP - Battles & Sieges Auto-block in singleplayer

Dude it's just like Danate and Thunderbeu are saying, if you can't LEARN how the game works then what's the point? It's like going up against Gwyn, Lord of Cinder, and not knowing how to time your rolls. Don't you understand that Auto-Block was always holding you back from playing the game? If you have a button that just automatically blocks an attack, you're cheating yourself, that step of matching your mouse/keyboard movement to the NPC's attack angle, that reflex you gain through practice? That's how you know you're having fun. That's how you know you're a GAMING GOD.
    so you know what I enjoy? just how? how do you know? ... didn't it occur to you that some of us don't want to be GAMING GODS? :grin: I certainly don't - this is ridiculous
  18. SP - Battles & Sieges Auto-block in singleplayer

These games do not hold your hands. Learn with the rest, instead of complaining you can't block right or up. The biggest issue is some you will come to MP and get demolished than complain to the forums and devs that their game is too difficult to handle.
    I will not learn - it will be the way I like it or I'll pass - I have better things to do ... you have some weird assumption that we have to play it - also it looks like you're saying that if you don't try to master directional blocking you can't master anything ... it's quite the opposite - I don't want to master directional blocking becase I'm trying to master other things which matter more to me than video games - like my proffesional skill (3D artist here) - I'm playing games to ease-up and to rest not to become good at it
  19. SP - Battles & Sieges Auto-block in singleplayer

late to the party bu still some thoughts: :grin:

1) I think that people who do and enjoy manual blocking presume too easily that it's just better - I think they are missing the greatness of auto-block :grin: there are people who are terrible at those kind of things - like me for example - I'm currently playing Switch version of Wither 3 on 'no challenge - just story' difficulty and I die regulary :grin:

2) it's an role-playing-game so don't get mad at me that i want to role-play a master swordsman even though I lack the skillz :grin:

3) FPS shooting is waaaaay easier than directional blocking :grin: you just need to point an aiming point at something, it doesn't involve any decisions (like deciding the direction) - also aiming with mouse is something I'm practicing all the time evenoutside of playing games, but this directional blocking I would be training specificaly for this game (since it's unlikely I would buy any other game that is demanding it) and it would not be a small investment

4) it's like Arma vs Unreal Tournament :grin: I like UT because it's easy to get into and fun on LAN parties - Arma is great in concept and I get why people love it but I would rather go out and play Airsoft (and I do) - beating challenges IRL and having easy non-frustrating time in PC games is the way for me :smile:
  20. Too many mountains

I think it was the other way around - that they started with map that looked like the one from warband but then they were tweaking it and redoing it until it became the thing it is now :grin: and there very well might be a good reasoning behind it ... but it sure looks strange to someone who is used to the warband one
Back
Top Bottom