Search results for query: *

1. Using workshops the way they're intended actually prevents levelling the trade skill

Great improvements!
    After 1 playthrhough as a merchant i never tried it again, it felt lacking especially if you consider the huge amount of money you can earn by just fighting.
    1 suggestion i made was to combine caravan management with workshop management. If you can manually connect your caravan routes to your workshops you have more controle of your trade network. Control over you caravans is needed anawy. I would like to set their routes manually, so they can avoid certain areas and can focus on specific goods.
    Totally agree on letting us set up routes or like we have with the clan party control agressive, neutral and defensive.
    So if its defensive it will rather focus on just your own kingdome's cities.

Still irks me how they could in some cases just run back and forth between 2 cities in teh kingdome and make a killing(like I do..) but no.. lets pick up a few units here and travel all to the other side of the "world".
  2. Children names?

I agree the namepolicy in game "is lacking" to say the least.

I do think its abit better though now, than it was.
    As I've not had duplicates in my children though.
    I have had my brothers kids have same as mine though..

Atleast for your own clan its an easy fix as you can easy change the names though.(this works on all platforms afaik).
    Next to their name there is a thingy, clicky and it lets you change the names.
  3. Any updates on the bugs implemented in latest release?

My Xbox reads 1.30.0
    Either the xbox versions is different than pc or your looking at something else?
    the current version for pc is 1.29
    and its been so for months ..
    There is multiple threads about wanting the fabled 1.30 we know they've mentioned but no release time.
    From my understanding the Xbox is on similar to pc or 1 behind?
    Ps5 is from my understand several behind.
    I dont have any other platform than pc, so I cant check etc.

Last news I can find for Xbox is from December of last year and it being 1.27
    Source - https://www.taleworlds.com/en/News/547
    And if you look at the notes for patch 1.28 -> https://www.taleworlds.com/en/News/549
    You will notice the abscennse of all the console, the 3 mentioned is pc (just different retailversions).
  4. Have the developers given up adding new content?

As I said, nobody has said anything about anything. The entire scenario is just rumor mongering and people gaslighting others simply so they can get a rise, spread false information, and just troll. It's best to not spread things but human beings will be human beings and people feel its their God given right to freedom of speech to spread nonsense.

Just my two cents.
    Last public number was 131 in 2020.
    After that I've yet to find any more numbers.

As with all things TW they arent really strong at communicating either way.

As for general assumptions typically after a game is launched to retail as this game is - the staff is then put into other projects or let go if there is no current project.
    So it would be natural that there is a reduction in workforce.

There is also the economic situation in Turkey, I dont know how affected TW is by it, but with 66% inflation - its not that unlikely that they also may have been hit by it. Again no information communicated.

There have been post though by devs which can if we read between the lines and our assumptions is correct is that there is a "skeleton crew" on staff now, and thats why things have slowed down like the anticipated 1.30 - again nothing concret communicated and we havent been "confirmed" in our assumtions - but we havent been dismissed either when some have posted/challenge about this assumption(that may be due to companypolicy about not talking their internal structure etc)

However if you claim that its "false information" etc, thats all fine and dandy and you should be able to disprove the claims with facts though to squash the mongering if thats the case.
    Like from public records etc

There is another site that gives information that the current employee count is 142 so thats 11 up from the previous public info from 2020.
    But again i'm not sure on the site and its accuracy, but it seems to have other company information correct etc.
    This number though isnt from the company itself.
    Also just because the amount of ppl working at the studio dont mean that they are still working on Bannerlord, but could be working on Dlc or other projects etc.

In conclusion I dont think that they have given up on adding new content, but its most likely takeing longer time than we want, and the utter lack of communication is also not good, as it drives our expectations down or could lead us to abandon the game as such (so no one will buy the dlc's etc)(or less than desired since the overall Bannerlord experience havent been good enough)

So in lack of company communicating you will get speculation based on assumptions and conjecture(that the fancy word?)
  5. Open There is a Clan Size Limit Possibly? Rebel Clans Also Cannot Join Your Kingdom

In the current release on the pc the rebel clans will vanish if they loose their holding but had "managed to survive the 30 inital days to form their own kingdome".
    So that is technically fixed whenever it comes to Ps5.

As for why we the players cant recruit them though, that Is how the game from my understanding is set up, they are the "ruleing" clan of their faction even if the faction is defeated.
    I wish the devs would change it so that they would join players like other clans in the mentioned case they outlive the rebellion, but loose their fief later on.
    I know its possible as modders have "fixed" it on various mods, that lets them join the kingdomes of he player.(thats pc only for now mods, and well unles Sony change it mods wont happend due to 3rd party)

I'm guessing that there wont be a new patch before the fabled 1.30 hits "sometime" no eta on it.
  6. Any updates on the bugs implemented in latest release?

As for your first point, I do believe that means the leader or perhaps a higher ranking liege lord has taken over the siege. As such you do become second fiddle. Agreeably annoying, but it’s medieval warfare.

Now on that point the glitch where they won’t attack the siege even after breaking all the walls is indeed redonkulus. Though tbh I have never experienced these issues myself. Maybe it was their user error.

Regards,

R. K. D.
    The problem with npc's being stuck is generally solveable by the player, but often the player get ko in combat, so its just the ai troops.
    Very rare that they now get stuck inside a building that you cant reach, the problem is that the troops trying to get to them is melee, and wont reach them.
    However when you are in control yourself - you just order the troops to move to another part and you have a clear shot at takeing down theese troops.

This could be solved by how some mods have done it even back in Warband, where when you fall in combat you take over the role of another unit.

The other solution with haveing a time auto-resolve would also be great tbh.

This happends on pc aswell, and its insane frustrating the few times it does happend, that being said I've not have it happend on 1.29 - which I dont think Console have yet?
    The earlier patches it would happend at times.
    I could just be lucky witn my plays though, since I dont see it anymore or its been patched out.
  7. SP - General Slower game progression needed

There are severel ways too achieve this. These suggestions I think should apply to mainly AI but some of them also for player

Military ways:
    Less good troops - Increasing the cost improve troops beyond T4 would be one way make sieges less successfull. IE, less steamroll. Militia mould be more than a tiny obstacle. They could cost influence to upgrade maintain when in a kingdom!
    Weaker armies - Make it harder to create 1000+ armies. Can be achieved in many ways but the easiest is probably that clan realtion greatly penalized inviting them to your army.
    Smaller parties - Ofcource an option nerf the base partysize for all parties.
    Cheaper/bigger garrisions and militia - More troops to kill - less steamroll

Diplomatic ways
    NAPs and truces - With a basic solution for negotiated timeframed periods of peace. Even a "bad" implementation, that completly stopped you from doing hostile stuff with a NAPed or TRUCED enemy would do as a starter to expand some real diplomacy
    Alliances - A delicate issue that easly could go wrong and cause exactly the opposite. But a thrilling thought!

De-escalation
    Dangerous war-mongering - What if it was dangerous to trigger a vote for war? What if king vetoed the war and you had to suffer concequenses for your stupidity with bad relations to come?

Other things to spend influence on?
    Anti-Bandit parties - Small parties of improved milita troops led by a Sergeant semi- charachter(T5, simelar to bandit chiefs and caravan-drivers) that protects your areas from bandits and hideouts. Could 10 influence to start and 2 influence/day to maintain. Affects the area of one single fief. You can activate it in every fief with a governor precent.
    Emisaries - Improves relation with other clans. Costs 10 influence to start, 1 influence/day to maintan and has a 40% chanse to give 1 relation/day.

Relations
    King - > Vassal - For each vassal, what if relations mattered Bonus for good realtions, malus for bad relations
    Vassal -> King - More delicate! A good relation should be better than a neutral but I dont want to penalize rougue vassals! There should be ways to thunnel realm- influence into your pocket! leading to....

Intrigue
    I´d love an expanded solution for this - but a thin one would do! Here are some
    New owner of fief
    - This feature is there but what if it was used and usefull? What if you make clans support usurping powerfull fiefs and trigger a vote where old owner is not qualified? Id like to see AI using this... And alot. The king could have a sheap veto but why should he allways use it?
    Vote to exile clan - This feature is there but what if it was used and usefull? I´d love this, even if a ruler should very rarely accept it... Uless he is the initiater :wink:
    Blackmail fellow clan - You blackmail a fellow clan in your kingdom(Where you are king/vassal or merc). They could accept and pay you X influence and lower your relation by 20. They could deny, triggering a duel(simelar to hideout boss fight) where looser pay 2x influence to winner.

Some of these would greatly improve the lenght and fun of the game! I liek the thought especially of lords have other things to spend influence on than voting for war and sniping fiefs!

I agree for those of the players who cant play with mods(console) alot of the suggested changes would help.
    For those on pc you can tweak alot of settings that you more or less suggest by useing the Diplomacy mod.

Overall the ai's tendency for war is way over the top for my taste, you just know that once the 30 day peace-treaty is up you'll be up against 2-3 kingdomes again(This when being a vassal of a kingdome aswell).

The biggest flaw they did when they designed the game imo was to move away from the rng-method that Warband use with a Just cause for war.
    Then you wouldnt have this horrible ganking system that is going on.

The other issue that "force war" is also the equally poor designed tribute system, it should be a tribute for the 30 days that the deal is for, and after it should be gone.
    Now they will be "forced" to go to war to get a better deal, but boom soon as they declare war on that faction, 2-3 attack them and they end up even worse than before(Battania without player agency specially since they are too poor cause of that horrible policy they have).

In Diplomacy mod you can set it up so that you can have non-agression pacts and even alliances, and yes your allies will help.

A way they could also slow down things is to limit the amount of ongoing wars that a kingdome is comfortable being in at once.
    Like if you are at war with 2, then the 3rd shouldnt declare or you would go for peace with one of them.

Too hard to get peace and or war, it almost always 0% support or 100%, ideally it should be more even so that the player had more agency over the decisions, like as when you toss that max vote to either get the war or peace you desire.

Now the only way to do it, is to spend influence on wasteing proposals, so that the other clans are not able to vote, since typically the player will have more influence than the rest.

As for playing your own kingdome, thats just how the game is designed the predatory nature of the kingdomes means they will gank you as much as possible.

There is a cheesy way though, just capture the town from a rebel, but never declare kingdome, and see all the other factions duke it out.
    Improve your trade while your town flourish, and get the 300 rank, and then just start on buying up the land, and win by non-war :razz: (ok ok that will require alot of denars as even castles go for quite the amount of denars, but hey its possible).
  8. My king doesn't give castles to me

There is alot of things that the game do to calculate who it should be handed to.
    The formula is really too be blunt ****ty written to say the least and you typically end up with 1 lord getting "all fiefs" and the rest nothing.

Things like "proximity", wealth of the clans, clan rank.

That being said if you have 0 fiefs, you dont mention if you have any at all?
    Should the case be that you have 0 fiefs at all, then you should consider it a bug, as landless lords will get priority.
    What you can or rather should do is if you have 1 fief, you should give it back, so that the next siege you'll be in the picking.

There is some "odd" behaviour in terms of the "proximity" where some fiefs I've had have left me not being suggested once I have that one.
    While in other cases I get all in a spot.

Example I got Varcheg, previously we had Flintog, Utlaheim and Neveyansk castle.
    So when we took Seonon I didnt get suggested at all, even like you I was the one that lead the siege.

I didnt get a new fief until we where deep in Southern empire's land in another war, with one of their towns, which name I forgot was handed to me.

In between in all those other wars we had, most of the new land 14 fiefs got handed to Godun of Vagiroving, while most of the other lords had gotten 1-2 at most.. The way the game distributes the fiefs is just junk.

So if you got one of those "blindspot" locations you may want to give it up so you can get something.
    Make a hardsave or backup of that file if you are playing on Ironman so you can change it later on if need be.(Just make a new folder in the Bannerlord (not in the save folder) and copy the savefiled into the new folder.(if you have it in the savefolder under a different, it will still "find it").

The best suggestion is the other guy points out get mods if you play on pc - if you have Diplomacy installed it let you have the option to bypass the whole voteing by picking the fief for yourself there and then.

The other methods I've said is afaik the only real way to do it if you are on console.

So check if you are wealthy like 200-300k, have good realtions with the king and the other lords.
  9. Seriously when is the next update?

I'm done with TW after this. I'm sure many are as well. I paid for BL, but it's not yet close to what many (and even TW) wanted/expected it to be during the first 3+ years early access. If they had kept it EA, I have absolutely no issue what happens with the game's progress. The fact they pushed/rushed it through and jammed it to release on all platforms regardless is where they lost me.
    Whatever this magical 1.3 patch contains (as it'll be in beta version and buggy/crashy/untested af), that better be it. Just end the development, fix balance/crashes, and let the mods actually flourish; since that's really the only element propping up this facade.
    I'm not "done done" but I will not pre-order or play beta etc for them.
    I will wait for their next title when its in the dicsount bin and when the forums looks abit better than this.

I dont want them to stop on adding in content that was promised, not as much as I cant get it from mods as I already do, but for those poor fools(no offense) who got duped into buying this for console and the awful experience alot of the sadly is experienceing and well no mods for you..
  10. Seriously when is the next update?

Yeah, they need to do something about the AI being so aggressive. Im playing Bannerlord right now. My heir is only 7 and ive almost wiped out Battania, The Western empire and the Aeseri because they just refuse to stop war mongering
    The problem is that the game devs "are clueless" to what their actions end up doing.
    This was basically introduced as an anti-snowball effect, but the problem is player agency just means we end up being the snowball.

Since I play with mods I put the peacetime to be 125 days instead of the vanilla 30 days.
    This do cool down the war abit.
    The other thing they should or could have done is to limit the ganking that is going on, most of the time there is 2-3+ wars vs 1, which isnt really fun unless you are a specific type of gamer though.

Just feels like if you played Civ5 I liked to play on Immortal, but if you go up to Deity, it was crazy how much warmongering that was even vs Immortal which is heavy aswell.

So for abit less if you are on pc - try Diplomacy one of the best mods out there.
  11. Seriously when is the next update?

No the worst part is, console players have no access to the mods. Which means we are stuck with a half finished game that still kicks us to the dashboard and freezes/doesn't always load. Pc players have it easy compared to us, we paid £50 for a basic game thats so far from living up to its potential that uts heartbreaking.
    Yah I def have sympathy for those who picked it up on console.
    I found another great mod now and it tweaked the game to be even more enjoyable.
    The only thing I now have an issue with is the warmongering of the AI - they will always declare war when they can, which is still annoying.
    I just miss the rng-madness you had in Warband.
  12. Does my spouse play a factor in how tall my children will be?

I cant express it based on codeing etc, but from observed ingame - yes it have a big impact on how tall your kids become.
    I typically end up with Zlatka (Sturgia) and she is relative short, while my character is tall.
    Typically the kid will be average or short.
    Dont get me wrong there is some rng factors in play and I've had a "giant" with her aswell, typically though 1st born son, the 2nd born is average or shorter.
    Daugthers on the other hand seems to be higher than average though.

On the other occasions where I've marred Apolonia(Sturgia), the kids tend to be average or tall, more typically tall.
    As she is for a female "a giant" and typically rival above most male.
  13. Armies

I hate moving around in an army because it is so absurdly slow.

One playthrough I found myself pausing the instant a war was declared (nice that it has a distinctive sound effect :wink:) so that I could make a clan army. This was mainly to prevent them from donating their top tier troops to random places the AI army would take them :facepalm:). This led to me being in an army during every war, slowly creeping around the map. I could swear I even put cunning and scouting skill on my family members and I only used them for party leaders, no companions (this was back when the older brother in the campaign was customizable). Nothing I did made it fun.

Travel was so annoyingly slow that I have not even bothered using other clan parties since then :meh:. I only form an army at the gates of a city I'm about to siege, letting vassals arrive as I set up siege engines and do my thing.

Now ususally the armies arent that slow though "if you do it right".
    Meaning check the composition of the parties.
    Like if you let your ai-clan members unless they are Khuzait, they will typically have 70-80% Infantry 15-20% ranged and 0-10% cavalry.
    Just be sure to give your clan members more mounted units be in cav or horse archers.

Tbh the way they dont recruit cav and ranged in "normal" amounts is really poorly written ai though.

Talk to your clanmembers and choose inspect and then pick up all the recruits they have, and give'em some cav/ma instead.

Those skill you mentiond do have some effect but "scouting" unless in "higher" tier dont help to mitigate terrain(the perks you pick do) otherwize the scouting skill gives visual range, now you can get perks at 25-50-75 etc that help to navigate some terrain for sure.

Retrain if you can the clanmembers you want to assign to parties so they can be better suited to that task(speak to the arena instructor to do so).
    Some times they have high perks etc, but its not ideal for the role you want them to have etc.
    If the scout skill is below 25 dont assign them a party until you've trained them up to that atleast.

I'm not sure I remember what patch you refer to, but it dont feel like the way the current game unfolds though, it should be better atleast from my experience if you do the small step of ensureing that your clanled parties have 20-30% of the group made up of Cav/MA.

if you dont want to "micro-manage that though" you can give them a banner that will buff the speed of infantry by 5-20% pending on the quality (note that its rng loot, and typically it drops from Battanian warparties if I remeber correctly).
    Then pick the perk in Scouting where it buff the speed if the party is 70% ? infantry.

Ideally they would redo the ai of the clanmembers so they recruited abit better units for sure.
  14. Seriously when is the next update?

Basically Roadmap and goals havent exactly been TW trademark in my experience.

They seem to be very anti-date.
    I'm thinking its a "culture thing" perhaps?

I personally think that the core-problem is that when they made Warband it was in the very first version 3 ppl involved makeing it.
    Not sure if the 2nd variant was more staff.

The thing I think is maybe something the head of studio fail to get though, is that maybe he isnt suited for manageing big groups like this.
    Perhaps he's better at other aspects.
    There is a huge difference between manageing 3 or 30 ppl to manage 100+(I've managed about 200 ppl split on 3 shifts 24/7 call-centre).
    And it was a huge step-up from manageing just my own team first (4 pp) to then be daytime shift wtih about 125 and co-ordinate it with the other leaders etc.

I also think that perhaps they fear that there is more "disappointment" if they give us dates, and they cant manage it.

Then you have overall during the whole process from Beta and beyond that their skill at communication is horrible.

While its great they post on other platforms etc, it still needs to be up front and center on this forums primarily, not everyone uses other platforms etc.

Sometimes you find some tid bit of a nugget of gold information on a bug report on page 4.. which when you see it - why isnt this frontpage news..

But overall the adventure of compareing this games development vs BG3 by Larian was nite and day.
    Larian is great at communicating, giveing feedback on our questions.
    Sometimes saying wow thats a great idea, we'll try to do that, or we dont like that so you'll need to mod it in for yourself, or it will cost to much money/effort.
    In the time since this patch we're on now in Bannerlord vs BG3.. Larian have published atleast 2 could be 3 mayor updates, with several qol improvements(not just bugfixes) they've also added in several patches to fix bugs etc(performance aswell).

I'm speculating though, but I wonder if there is any lights on at this studio though? beside a skeleton crew.
    The economic situation in Turkey isnt ideal ehem. Inflation is heavy 68% last I checked so that could mess things up good aswell for running any type of business.
  15. Need More Info Son Spawning With Dress At 18

I havent seen it in my unmodded plays for some time though.
    But in modded it happends all the time for sure.

Have you tried verifying the files - note that if there if faulty files it wont fix the current ingame issues, but for new plays down the line.
  16. Add Starting as Monarch option in campaign and creates unique storyline quests for every leaders

It would ruin the point of starting from nothing.
    I'm not sure if you have played Viking Conquest in it you have the option to start as nobody, as a vassal or the king of a faction.

Letting players have choice dont ruin anything - if you are of that perception that sounds like an issue for you.
    Just a bigger menu for the players.

There is already mods that kind of let you do such things though, but for those on console thats not happening anytime soon it looks(and PS never will get any mods if you look at their trackrecord of modsupport ehem).
  17. How do i weaken my own kingdom

Well as you said, REBEL!
    Thats the only real way if you are strong enough to hold your town against them.

You can if you have most influence in the kingdome spam unpopular policies - which will deplete the influence of the clans, and thus they cant really form up armies when they need to.
    Staying out of the battles will help in the long turn to make them weaker, as "player agency is usually really powerful".

There will come a time no doubt down the line where they will be ganked by Vlandia, Asari, Battania and most likely even Sturgia and Northen Empire (not likely Khuzait as they dont really share borders from what you tell me).
    When that scenario unfolds with atleast 2-3 of them ganking - just be around your town, and let them loose ground on their own.
  18. Armies

You do know that you can form armies in peace time? while the AI cant you the player can.
    And if you form that army of the 3 clanlead - the cost of influence is 0..

This way when war breaks out - you have your army ready to go.

Dont get me wrong I wish they added an option like you describe, so that you could basically have those 3 clan parties be on defense of villages etc while the other armies was siegeing etc.
    Kind of like how you can set their "stance" to neutral, defensive and agressive.
    1 more like that below where you could let them join armies or not.(I would also love to see an option to let them form armies aswell ehem).

As the other person though suggest use mods if you are on PC, playing unmodded is something you do if you want to imo be active in provideing feedback on bugs etc.
    Should you play for haveing fun - play with mods, the game is that much better as you can get the game to be like "you want" not some way that TW wants that it seems that so many in the playerbase dont enjoy ehem.
  19. The only 2 playable factions

This is very true. In my current playthrough, in the newest patch, I bought my first city from the sultan of the Aserai (only for 4 or 6 million... :eek: I expected more from previous playthroughs) and then took out his kingdom first. I have now conquered the entire map except for 1 Sturgian city, and all of the other kingdoms have ceased to exist except for the Aserai (I assume this is because the sultan still has a ton of $$$ in his coffers... :meh: that are being dragged behind a horse somewhere as he is fiefless). They have been doing the same old behavior from the last patch during this whole playthrough and it adds nothing.

I have literally just ignored them completely and it has made no difference. They burned some villages around my capital, Sanala, a couple of times... and... that is it :roll:. They could not so much as capture one of my lords even once over the span of 10 in-game years, let alone a fief. Their tiny little 20-member warbands could evade any of my lords that thought about chasing them, so they really are basically just advanced bandits that don't get called bandits. Please don't bring this back. It is still in the game more than I would like it to be.

If you want to make it possible that half (or more) of my Aserai lords want to revolt and work for him again, neat. That could make sense. Civil wars and claimants would be the ideal anti-snowball mechanic. But going backwards to bad mechanics is just a silly idea.
    +1
  20. In Progress Clans from destroyed factions can not be recruited if they are independent

This still applies for the current version 1.29.
    Now they will in most cases just vanish though.

Ideally you'd let the kingdomes do like modders have already done - allow for the recruitment dialoug of kingdome less clans.

Meaning at the moment this isnt a "bug" this is the game beaveing as its programmed, and the solution is a change in the code by the devs.

The current solution/workaround is to recruit the clans before their kingdome is destroyed.
    This dont however help for the defeated rebelling clans that survive the first 30 days of their rebellion, but looses their town later on to the kingdome they rebelled against.

Ideally they would do the same as moders have done, if they survive the first 30 days, they will join the "original owners" faction in most cases(unless its the rare circumstance where its from them they rebelled).
    For instance how the mod VanillaPlus deals with rebel clans.(you can find the mod over on Nexus if you need to look at the code(I'm just a moduser not modder).
    If the devs "need inspiration" on how to make the code changes.

Specially in the case with the rebel clans, it really gets fun, because then those clans join the kingdomes, and a typically "failing kingdome" can bounce back hard(I'm looking at Battania in most of my plays for example).
Back
Top Bottom