Search results for query: *

1. Bjarkan

Documentation Tutorial How to Setup a Bannerlord Server

"start_game_and_mission" and "enable_automated_battle_switching" conflict with each other. "enable_automated_battle_switching" will handle starting the mission, so just use "start_game" instead. Also, try setting "set_automated_battle_count" to 100 just to see if it works. Then switch it back to -1

However, that exception look like it can't find your config. Is ds_config.txt under the native folder? That is where the configs need to appear.
    Oh you are right, I think I sent the wrong screenshot. The actual exception was having an error in a specific line, if I remember correctly because of a missing parameter. So it sounds more like conflicting parameters.

My path configuration is correct, thats not the issue.,

But thanks, I will try to replace start_game_and_mission with start_game
  2. Bjarkan

Dedicated Server Config: Trouble with restarting after the match ends.

I have got the server up and running with all of the settings I want. I revived the original Duel server :cool: But, now I am stuck in the "Awaiting Server View" or the server stops entirely after the round ends. with these lines added to my config: set_automated_battle_count -1...
  3. Bjarkan

Custom Servers & Multiplayer Modding

Coming to your local theater with a future patch (ping column). Soon.

The mod compatibility filter is already available. Since Bannerlord allows for multiple mods to be run, it would be hard to re-create the Module column available in Warband.
    Nice. Looking forward to it!
  4. Bjarkan

Documentation Tutorial How to Setup a Bannerlord Server

Thanks for your efforts. I didnt see your tutorial after I got it running using the original documentation.
    I've never read such a badly written documentation (the offical one) It does not even give a proper example. It only allowes for trial and error. Thats not what a documentation should be there for.
    I have got the server up and running with all of the settings I want.
    I revived the original Duel server :cool:

But, now I am stuck in the "Awaiting Server View" or the server stops entirely after the round ends.
    with these lines added to my config:
    set_automated_battle_count -1 start_game_and_mission

When I add:
    enable_automated_battle_switching
    Config looks like this. I switched the order around aswell. In the doc it says "you can add set_automated_battle_count -1 before the enable_automated_battle_switching command", so thats why put them in this order.
    But nothing helps:
    set_automated_battle_count -1 enable_automated_battle_switching start_game_and_mission

I get this exception when starting the server:
    Y9MDlV3.jpg
  5. Bjarkan

Custom Server Doesn't Auto Restart When Crashing?

No, they don't. the person that hosts it need to arange it to restart via scripting or other means
    Has someone a batch script laying around that checks if the server is up, if its down, restarts the ds ?
  6. Bjarkan

Custom Servers & Multiplayer Modding

Will there be an update to the server list to show pings, and indeed filter servers by ping/mods like in Warband?
    thissssssss
  7. Bjarkan

Algorithmic handicapping is WRONG for Online Games

This post makes 0 sense lol. A very elaborate troll.

?
  8. Bjarkan

Opinion Poll

Feck no, the concept is a problem! XD this isn't League of Legends, we don't need forced competition, and we need to be able to play the game. There is no benifit to constantly being unable to play a match because of fewer people then 12
    You are wrong... The skill gap in skirmish is huge, even within the competitive community. Balanced matches are more fun for everyone, so why not having a system in place that enables balanced matches? Given it would work of course.
  9. Bjarkan

Opinion Poll

The problem is the execution, not the concept.

Ranked (in theory) means games are higher quality and the devs are able to balance the game better, which is good for any game.

The playerbase size could be called a problem, but as we've seen in pickups, even with 24 players and just 2 lobbies, splitting into a higher and lower tier lobbies means both are more fun for everyone involved.
    I believe the ranking system might be too complicated. A simplified approach with less ranks would make much more sense to me.
    Making the ranking system too transparent is never a good idea, it just enables exploiters to grasp it alot more easily.
    Also, leaving loop holes in the ranking / placement ... I didnt expect anything else from our core community to find and use the exploits immediately. :party:
  10. Bjarkan

Opinion Poll

I welcome the ranking system and look forward to it being more fleshed out and working. The teams in public skirmish were just too often way too unbalanced. Not fun for anybody.
  11. Bjarkan

SP Fantasy Kingdoms of Arda (Lord of the Rings for Bannerlord)

the map design is awesome. Everything looks great. thanks for sharing so much progress images. :xf-cool:
  12. Bjarkan

SP Medieval [BL] Crusaders: Way to Expiation

I was waiting for a mod announcement with this theme. Sounds great so far! If you need texturing, I can help out.
  13. Bjarkan

Is this what a siege should look like to you Taleworlds ?

For TDM and Siege cavalry costs will be 200 and 350 gold instead of130 and 200.
    Also lots of changes are coming affecting cavalry gameplay.
    That does sound like a reasonable change to lower the counts of cavalry on sieges.
    Dont be discouraged by negative feedback. There are always flamers and people who are just bored.
    You giving information and reading the community feedback is very welcome!
  14. Bjarkan

Is this what a siege should look like to you Taleworlds ?

Also please bring back friendly fire for siege, the spam makes the gamemode unberable
    yez. although the griefing would be strong, sieges just feel so much better when everyone is not just spamming but being aware and careful of your teammates.
  15. Bjarkan

SP MP Antiquity Eagle Risng - Rise of an Empire

this is incredibly epic. love the realism and historical accuracy! Cant wait to play it
  16. Bjarkan

e1.6.0-v1.2.7 Modding Changes

Its nice to see you guys working so closely with community feedback!
  17. Bjarkan

Disable bell plz

give option to customize bell. I want the nokia soundtrack
  18. Bjarkan

Bannerlord Creative Competition: Scene Design Contest

incredible environments! some submission are top notch and could easily be included in the game.
    so sad only so little posted WIPs, I am surprised by all these amazing scenes. looking forward to play some of them !
  19. Bjarkan

I created a Roman Fort for Bannerlord

Looks really cool. Hopefully we can play this in a Roman MP mod someday!
    Some suggestions on the map design (gameplay wise)
    I think the fort is huge, so only a full 120 server would make sense. Maybe it would be a good idea to reduce the overall size of the fort.
    Secondly I think it would be nice to add defenses on the main objective, something where the defenders can bulk up and have a king of the hill like defense.
  20. Bjarkan

Bannerlord Creative Competition: Scene Design Contest

Can we hope to get feedback, troubleshooting and maybe even direct help and fixes with the submitted scenes from the dev sceners after the competition has ended?
    I suppose you could as ask any question in the forums and either a community member or a dev will answer and help you. Creating art is an iterative process so you should ask for feedback all along the way.
Back
Top Bottom