Search results for query: *

• Users: Elfy
  • Order by date
  1. Elfy

Funny historic art

Ostia%202%20and%20other%20Rome%20066.JPG

I stumbled upon this in Ostia, an ancient Roman town. I was scarred for life.
  2. Elfy

Gameguru

As a programmer you shouldn't put much emphasis on the programming language, as they are just tools. With experience you should be able to jump from one programming language to another, as in their core they're much alike, and a good coder doesn't need much time to get used to a new one. And with game programming the issue is even less existent: most of the time you're using functions provided by the engine.

Unreal Engine 4 goes even further with the new blueprint system - most things can be done with sort of graphs instead of actually coding. The logic however is much like coding. The concept is hard to explain, but rather easy to use and get used to.

Here is an example picture:
    3580-crane.png
  3. Elfy

Ukraine Today

Do you think this is just empty talk, or is **** about to hit the fan with Russia trying to connect Crimea to separatist regions and possibly to Transnistria?
  4. Elfy

Darwin Day

I was about to take part in a year-old-debate. Cons of necroing threads  :smile: but happy Darwin's day regardless!
  5. Elfy

Ukraine Today

Do the rebels actually have aviation as they claim? And where have they got it, if that's the case?
  6. Elfy

Ukraine Today

rejenorst said:
    Elfy said:
    Is it just me Temuzu, or do you support Russia's invasion to Ukraine, or do you deny it altogether and claim it's all just a bunch of ragtag rebels who just happen to have tanks that only Russia owns? Or are you merely trolling? I'm curious.

Don't start that ****. As Wellen said it provides a nice counter-weight of information to this whacky propaganda war.

I think I wasn't being too hostile, I just wanted to know as I thought it's odd considering our county's history with the big bad bully. Battling misinformation with misinformation doesn't do any good, though.
  7. Elfy

Ukraine Today

Is it just me Temuzu, or do you support Russia's invasion to Ukraine, or do you deny it altogether and claim it's all just a bunch of ragtag rebels who just happen to have tanks that only Russia owns? Or are you merely trolling? I'm curious.
  8. Elfy

Ukraine Today

Apparently there have been two big explosions, one in Donetsk and one in Mariupol. Any info on the cause of these?
  9. Elfy

One interesting fact about you

Or the post is just bull****, my sister, who is seven years old, gets homework. It takes something like 15-30 minutes to do it, though.
  10. Elfy

Funny pictures and videos thread. Not very new but still newest version.

Should be familiar to you Nahkuri, we can do the same thing in Finnish  :razz:
  11. Elfy

FrisianDude said:
    ... which means the word order DOES matter since you just gave two completely different sentences. :razz:

I was a tad bit unclear, the difference here is in the endings: notice um and am. But to be clearer:

Puella amat puerum
    puerum amat puella
    puerum puella amat
    amat puerum puella
    puella puerum amat

All these mean the same: The girl loves the boy: this is because "puella" is the nominative case, hence the subject, while "Puerum" is the accusative case, hence the object. Puellam would be the accusative case of puella.
  12. Elfy

Latin beats all, the word order really doesn't matter at all.

Puella amat puerum.

Puellam amat puer.

The first means that the girl loves the boy, the second means that the boy loves the girl.
  13. Elfy

The RUSSIA thread

Russia is also apparently testing the Baltic countries , kidnapping an Estonian police officer over the border and capturing a Lithuanian ship on international waters.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/07/russia-parades-detained-estonian-police-officer

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-09-19/lithuania-says-russia-seized-ship-as-baltic-tensions-grow.html

The western reactions are as non-existent as ever.

14. Elfy

Ukraine Today

Glory to Ukraine! Слава Україні!

I wish Ukraine luck in this war of independence, and I wish I could do something to help you guys. Finland was in a same kind of situation during the Winter War. Soviet Union formed a "government" of Terijoki, and those guys asked help from the Soviets in order to form a "People's Republic of Finland". Sounds familiar indeed, only this time their plan is more sophisticated. Finland fought back and stayed independent. I hope Ukraine does the same.

I'm ashamed that the West hasn't and isn't doing much to help you out.

On the topic of helping, Trueten/Weaver, do you know any legitimate donation site, preferably in English? One where you know the money will go to the right place.

57578522.jpg
  15. Elfy

Ukraine Today

The world today really is odd... I mean, what has to happen before the international community considers the situation between Ukraine and Russia a war? Or the combatants themselves? Even NATO secretary-general said that the recent Russia convoy that was allegedly partly destroyed by Ukrainian artillery was an "incursion", not an act of war.
  16. Elfy

Ukraine Today

Russia and Ukraine agree on humanitarian operation - Lavrov

Is there any confirmation of this from the Ukrainian side? If not...

17. Elfy

One interesting fact about you

I taught basics of coding and basics of web development at an adult education centre, at the age of 16 (last year that is).
  18. Elfy

Buying a computer, opinions

http://www.webhallen.com/fi-fi/tietokoneet_ja_tarvikkeet/193311-acer_v3-772g_173_full_hd-i7-4702mq-8gb-1tb__60gb_ssd-gtx760_2gb-win_8#overview I planned to buy this computer, so any opinions? I hope to play Planetside 2 and Heroes and Generals with it, at least. I realize that most of you don't...
  19. Elfy

Ukraine Today

Can anyone translate this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVDx-TqeWj4&feature=youtu.be

It's a recording of Russian special forces coordinating activities, according to Ukraine. Hard to tell without knowing any Russian, though.
Back
Top Bottom