Search results for query: *

1. Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine

Thank you, maybe i'm a muppet and I missed it, is there plans to add new tattoos and have the ability to move their location on the face. i'd love to pimp out my vikings
  2. Could we get back to looters only wounding your men?

There is penalty... you get less exp/renown etc but you also take wounded troops. The problem is you have to grind for combat for money a lot because the economy still needs work and so you end up just looking for larger bands of looters. The other problem with "having" to manually fight them is there is so many spawns. What I would like is a mechanic in other mods from warbands where I can take troops from my castle garrison to patrol the villages/areas around the castle they are assigned. then any loot/prisoners are taken to the castle where I profit and keep looters out of my areas. idk it just get boring fighting looters manually lol
  3. Could we get back to looters only wounding your men?

i agree autocalc on looters should be wounded only again as long as your military power is greater than theres
  4. Ninja updates to game but no notices?

Has anyone else noticed there have been updates on steam since the patch and hotfixes, but there hasn't been any documents on what changed? I see note notes since April 25th.
  5. M&B had peaked with F&S, apparently

To the OP - most of what you talked about for Fire and Sword was covered in some sense by VC and by modders in their full conversions. IE: A world of Ice and Fire, you could send spies into towns to poison the water to weaken the garrison. In Pendor you could create your own "faction guard" and gear and design them.

Taleworlds does a fantastic job at building a AA sandbox platform and opening up the game to "mod it your way". 95% of the hours I have in Warband were not playing Native. it was the player adaptions that drew me in. Most of the old school fans know this and as such we're not really bothered by it. We are looking at the potential and waiting for our Lord of the Rings Mods and stuff to take us into immersive worlds we love.

That isn't to say Taleworlds shouldn't make a complete game, they absolutely should and they will. But to expect them to make the perfect game for you? Well sadly, no. This isn't happening. The game is for mass appeal, if you don't like it the way it is, you want later era stuff, wait for conversions of 1257AD or Crusaders. If you want japan, wait for the Gekokujo style mods. If you want warhammer-esk fantasy wait for the fantasy mods or warhammer mods. If you want full realism of history you probably should wait for historical mods and not purchased a game set in a fictional world that uses real-world for inspiration not for historical accuracy.
  6. Less Rushed

For me I have two things to add.

1) For me it isn't really the constant battles, but I agree beating on the same Lord, 4 times in 20 minutes is boring. There should be a 3 month "healing" time when a lord is defeated before he's capable of going out to raise a new army. This would mean wars of attrition had more meaning. I remember one war where I had my 170 men, and I was smashing lords armies back to back to back. same lords 3-4 times and they slowly just ate away at my army because they just kept coming. There was no gravity to victory or defeat.

2) Unit costs per day as just too high. A good business in the game makes between 250-400 Denars per day. That's about 20-35 high tier troops assuming all your businesses are doing well and you dont lose them when you go to war with someone. Now my current army is 168. 2,184 denars per day to keep my army afloat. Since unlike other warband games i'm capped how many businesses I can run, I also need to caravans.. those are also capped.

Everyone at this point is like well duh, take fiefs. okay. I have 2 castles, and a city town. Because of constant wars, most of those villages are producing under 100 income. The castles about 200 and the town about 700. I have 2 caravans who do pay for themself and turn a profit, but I also have 3 other clan members as parties to defend my realm, all costing me money. They do randomly provide income surges with loot. I also have a merc army under me costing -400 day. (lets not mention the hundreds of troops in my fiefs to defend them) All of this is only netting me about -956 Denars a day. Yup that's a negative. So the loot sales for wars, keep my entire nation afloat if I want to use a strong military force.

That's trying to be a solo Kingdom and breaking out. Now when I joined a kingdom, I had additional income from the King. As a master of 6 villages, 2 castles and a Town. I should be making bookoo bucks. and in older versions I was. I feel like there was a tweak here and it's tipped too far south making the need large scale combat almost mandatory if you want to forge your own kingdom as I need that phat lewts.
  7. Need More Info Black boxes around unites in army after updating to beta branche 1.2.0

you can change performance settings up/down one level to correct, then go back to your settings
  8. Need More Info Weird graphic glitch

So you can fix it by changing performance settings up/down 1 option and then going back to what you were.
  9. Need More Info Weird graphic glitch

Farmboy same thing happened to me when I was hit by a rock from a looter. all characters became blocks of black pixels.
Back
Top Bottom