Search results for query: *

1. Deathstalker23

Kingdom Managment Tool.

Thanks for the response, and at least someone in the team is aware of the possibility.
  2. Deathstalker23

A topic for the devs, testers and those few hardcore players

Phew, and i thought i was bad with my 550 hours... you guys make me feel so much better. haha. Also thank you to steam for tracking the hours i spend on each game and informing of exactly how much of a life i dont have >_<
  3. Deathstalker23

Kingdom Managment Tool.

DjFarmor said:
    If you get one lord to a 100 relations, it wont drop by fief assigning or by other means. My two "core" lords are at a hundred, and they love everything i do, no matter what.

Ok that does help a bit, but that part i just changed, any thoughts on the suggestions?
  4. Deathstalker23

constantly crashing help please( fixing doesnt work)

noosers said:
    I prefer the "hit it with something heavy till it works" solution quite satisfying as well.

.... Hooah
  5. Deathstalker23

Kingdom Managment Tool.

Hey guys, love the mod, great work. I used tweakmb to shorten the build times a tad and also to lighten the negative effect of handing out fiefs because in any large kingdom it quickly becomes ridiculously bad to have to hand out anything at all because you end up with everyone hating you. But...
  6. Deathstalker23

V4 Gold (v4.5) ALPHA RELEASED FOR TESTING! HELP US TEST LAWS!

As you probably well know, the mercs have no armor or weapons. They arent joining in when the leader they are attatched to gets attacked. There arent any quests to be done for the guilds to raise your standing. if you are hostile to a lord and you outnumber him you can get between him and his mercs and they will run different directions so that you can kill them seperately. And thats all for the moment. :smile:
  7. Deathstalker23

V4 Gold (v4.5) ALPHA RELEASED FOR TESTING! HELP US TEST LAWS!

Sorry if this is reposting a known error.

After going to my camp i was about to upgrade my 11 watchmen into i think it was the caravan gaurds or something else and when i went to click on the sliding bar to change the number of gaurds vs other all the options blanked out and i was left with an empty page. Nothing except alt-f4 worked to close the program.

Other then that, big fan keep up the work.

P.S. PLEASE for the love of god make cattle follow you instead of neading to be herded. Its a VERY easy fix and i usually do it myself but i get lazy.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,45900.0.html      (will make cattle follow instead of being herded.)

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1217127.html  (make cattle move faster while following you so they dont get lost way behind and you need to wait for them)
  8. Deathstalker23

SP Fantasy Advanced Soldier Tree / Commander Mod for Veteran Players

Hey guys, sorry for dropping off the face of the earth johnny, enlisted in the army. Moved, start boot camp ina few months... haha, lots of stuff happening. Anyway it looks like you are making good progress. Happy to see it. GL
  9. Deathstalker23

[BUG] Xbow/Bow/Thrown weapon issue.

I dont know if this is because of lag or what is going on here but whenever i pull back to shoot/throw and weapon and then right click to cancel the throw the shot/throw still goes off a few seconds later often without any animation required. With the bow this isnt so bad because i almost never...
  10. Deathstalker23

A question?

No no no, once you get a beta key you can use it till the game is released, and your name remains in the pot if you arent chosen.
  11. Deathstalker23

A question?

That i dont know. I THINK and emphasise on think. That it is done in rounds. For instance once a week or once a month or something like that they accept enough people to fill their servers again.
  12. Deathstalker23

A question?

Nothing at all, and beta drawings are ongoing so there is no point where you can say you were rejected, your number might get drawn in the next round. At least from what i understand.
  13. Deathstalker23

SP Fantasy End Of Days - Empire in Flames (RECRUITING!)

Looks like a good backstory/source of information. Good luck!
  14. Deathstalker23

Mods 1.011

Hahaha, so, kindof back on topic, kindof... Might it be a good idea to put in the title of the cartographers guild and/or the description, but definitely right there somewhere, that the mods contained in there are for 1.011?

For instance.

Cartographers guild.
    Released and downloadable mods for v1.011/1.010.

That might deter people like the OP from posting anything quite that oblivious.

And yes tintin is correct there are some mods in that forum, not the featured ones with their own sub-forums but some that are on the first page, that are not for 1.011. BUT those mods clearly state on their own threads that they are for .808 and such. And none of the first 20-25? are for anything other then the most up to date version of M&B
  15. Deathstalker23

Mods 1.011

Ubberdorc said:
    Austupaio
    Knight
    Faction: Neutral

Should be:
    Austupaio the ASS
    Knight of panties in a wad over nothing
    Faction: Rude, STUPID, unnecessarily mean spirited and dim-witted Oafs

Lighten up.

I support Austupaio, like he said the link is right there for all 1.011/1.010 mods.... So it is a fairly... correction, VERY stupid question. But then again i do try to avoid totally bashing people like that and try to move more towards the your an idiot here is what you need to do without the language he used. well... most of the time, haha.
  16. Deathstalker23

Ok, like i said i'm not a modder, never done any real work making one myself, so if you think you have it handled thats awesome. Just seems like it could be a ton of work for one person to me.

Yeah i havent written any dialogue in a bit though.. I'll have to come up with some stories. I've been meaning to ask you, is there a particular format you would like me to use for writing dialogues? I mean, i have the basic idea, like this choice leads to that talk and those options and this choice leads to that set but is there any way i could write it up that would make it easier for you to understand and/or put into the actual game?

On a side note i am an absolute moron because it took me 30 minutes to figure out how to add a picture to my signature(upload and all that crap) and then another 20 minutes to get the picture to link to the thread.... what a pain in the ass, haha. But there it is, the astcm sig.
  17. Deathstalker23

Mount & Blade Warband Closed Beta Video PvP HD

Great video! Yeah i know the thread is a tad bit old.. but for those of us who weren't on the warband band wagon the day this forum came out and didnt look through it immediately the video is awesome. (nice music too)

*Edit* For clarity.
  18. Deathstalker23

Videos/screenshots/info

Lhorkan said:
    Two flying ragdolls! The first one came shooting by in the skybox all of a sudden. The second one was a horse that got catapulted into the air and came crashing back down.

skyboxrag.jpg

fallinghorse.jpg
    Your pics arent showing for me, probably work blocking whatever site you hosted them on... Damn.
  19. Deathstalker23

Johnny Morphine said:
    Double post, bump, or what have you, I've got some new stuff to say.

How would everyone feel if I removed the old factions entirely, replacing them with five new ones, in addition to the three that I've already mentioned? I had this thought last night at work. Here's my reasoning:

• This would give us a little more creative freedom to write histories for each of these factions, and explain why they all ended up together in the same geographical location. It's been difficult for me to reconcile the existence of the Laerteans and Azathoths with the established existence of the original five, and it would be much cleaner to start a new history for this hypothetical location on the planet if we were to start from scratch.
    • The establishment of the current factions is not conducive to the Advanced Soldier Tree concept. When I was adding the new troops, I felt like I was jumping through hoops trying to add to these factions without merely making "better" versions of the same troops or adding troops that barely fit with the theme of the factions in the first place. Best examples where I came close to the latter is the Khergit Samurai and the Rhodok Phalanx, both of which have high potential, but were largely without precedent in their parent factions.
    • I'd like to be able to work without precedent, so I can, without infringing unfairly on the original design of Native, write entirely new troop trees and unique lords for you that will be more unique and equally, if not more, memorable.
    • Starting from scratch would allow me to completely reinvent the way troops are recruited for certain factions. For example, I had an idea for a faction or two that will have base recruits of different types at different villages, each of which will have a fully developed, though narrower troop tree. For example, I had the idea of making a faction that represents a hypothetical empire that occupies everything from India to Japan in the timeframe of 400 BC to 1000 AD, and settled villages on this peninsula with settlers of Indian, Chinese, and Japanese descent (in a parallel, not literal way). Each of these recruits could evolve into two or three possible elite troops, representing the best of those areas for those time periods. Meanwhile, one faction would recruit a limited number of women in addition to, rather than instead of strictly male troops (which would have meaning in their culture). I've already mentioned, I think, how I intended for the Azathoths to have a unique prisoner recruiting system in addition to their current troop tree. I believe I've also said how the Satyrnians will be able to recruit from bandit parties. Stuff like that.
    • Since I wanted to have more distinct personalities for the new lords, it would be unfair to leave the current lords devoid of individuality, while at the same time it would be self-righteous of me to presume that I am able to bestow upon all the lords created by TW the types of personalities they may have intended but never implemented. I'd be more free to do this with brand new lords.
    • Removing the old factions could potentially speed up my modding process. I was concerned about the fact that there would be so many NPC parties operating at once after I add all the new parties, and that I'd have to go back and fix all areas in the game to be compatible with the modifications I'm making for the battle system, among other things. Starting over would allow me to make all the new factions smaller from the start, and thus keep the game around the same size, and also lower the level of scenes I'd have to adapt for the sake of functionality. Of course, this means I'd have to create each new one, but oftentimes it's quicker to start over with an objective in mind than it is to go back change something that was never your own work in the first place. It's also more rewarding.
    • Finally, if I intend for this mod to have the success we'd all like it to, I think it might be better to create an entirely separate world for it, rather than have it rely on what's already been mastered by TW. Case in point: when you're fighting the Azathoths as the Laerteans, you shouldn't be thinking about how you first started playing Native and got your ass handed to you by the Swadians, Nords, or whomever. Those are experiences we all learned from, and this is a new world in which to apply those lessons, not to be reminded of them.
      And keeping so many pieces of Calradia in this mod would also, now that I think of it, ruin the immersion of this mod, seeing as we'd then constantly be reminded while playing that we are playing. I'd like to keep ASTCM as fluid and immersive as possible, so it can exist as its own entity.

And for those of you who really loved the new troops I added in the current release, assuming we decide to start from scratch as I described above, don't worry; I've got every intention of retaining everyone's favorite ASTCM soldiers. I'll probably just change their names and a couple finer points to make sure they fit in with their new factions. Also, there's no reason for me not to keep the currently available mercenaries, though I've thought of a new, cleaner, and simpler way of obtaining and training them.

So as much as I love each of the old factions, even the Khergits, it seems that it's time to move forward and start something new for the betterment of the mod. Feedback on this would be very much appreciated.

100% agree. The only reason i would be hesitant to add that many more new things to the mod is the amount of work that it would require you to do to revamp everything then. I think that way back in the thread you were saying that you really like being the only one to actually handle this mod, but with that much new stuff it may be time to look for someone else who is also skilled at things like the troop editor, item editer, dialogue, and menu changes and stuff like that and just assign certain people a certain faction. I know that I can write up a little bit of a story but I have no experience at all and would probably be totally worthless at implementing entirely new factions/dialogue or i would offer to help myself. So in summary if that is your intention to redo everything it may be time to work towards creating a team instead of just getting a bit or two of help here and there, having official team members with assignments would make things much easier on you and delay the inevitable burnout if you take on too much yourself.

Now i would recommend that if you are going to change all the factions that you would also redo the entire map and all town names since it would be kind of silly to leave the rest the same.
  20. Deathstalker23

TLD preview

I tried to read a lot of the thread, not every page but over the past weeks at work about half of them, and i came up with a couple of very simple questions that i didnt see answered anywhere.
    1) Will the worgs be rideable by the player.
    2) Will the running animation be different then the horses movement, what i mean is did you change the whole way it works or simply put the worg model on a horse skeleton.

I'm not a modder so that second question may be a bit confusing since i dont know how to say it correctly. Awesome pics, great work.
Back
Top Bottom