Search results for query: *

1. An Open Letter to TaleWorlds from the Kingdoms of Arda team, and the Total-Conversion Mod Community about our concerns and frustrations with Bannerlor

Early days and an easily resolveable issue (from TW's end). I have posed this question on a few mods pages and there seems to be a general confidence it can be resolved. Certainly the mods are still in full development.
    Not really, we're a year in from early access launch. This issue may be resolved but it points to a systemic issue in the way Taleworlds is handling development of this game. I wish I could share your optimism but from where I'm standing things are looking pretty bleak
  2. An Open Letter to TaleWorlds from the Kingdoms of Arda team, and the Total-Conversion Mod Community about our concerns and frustrations with Bannerlor

this is bad news, if mod support for this game fizzles out then it will die a slow death. I'm really regretting spending any money on Taleworlds and I've been a supporter for years. I own every M&B game for christ's sake
  3. Nearly a year in, Does TW acknowledge the anniversary with an update for when EA will be done?

It seems to be symptomatic of these forums specifically. The majority of Bannerlord players aren't on these forums, they're on Reddit and Youtube and other places - where there is a lot more optimism about the game and the future than this forum shows.

Sometimes I come here and scan the threads and just facepalm over and over.
    The penny will drop for the wider audience when this game leaves early access and it still feels incomplete and inferior compared to warband
  4. ***Community Feedback ROADMAP - What Taleworlds still needs to fix!***

I don't share the opinion that all features from warband must necessarily be in Bannerlord nor do I think that we should make promises that may be broken or, alternatively, force us to drop or underprioritize more important work. (F.e., for me, improving [organic] skill progression comes before any feature that allows players to exchange money for skill points.)
    no offense but if skill progression has been the priority that's not a good sign because the level up system is the worst one I've seen in any game.
  5. ***Community Feedback ROADMAP - What Taleworlds still needs to fix!***

While I applaud the OP and all the work that went into this tread I hate to say it but I think this is just wasted effort. People on these forums need to realize TW either doesn't really care or doesn't want to communicate with forum users. We've been begging for more info for a long time and they won't change now why should they, they have our money there's no need to change the status quo, and 1 or 100 posts isn't going to change how they operate.
    They may have my money for this game but if things carry on the way they've been going they'll never see another penny from me
  6. My dissapointment grows. Game still feels barren.

Bannerlord is 6 months into early access. How many new features were added in that time...not looking good
  7. there is nothing to do except war

people are bound to get disillusioned with the game with the pace of content updates
  8. I need to be able to command over multiple armies

This would be very cool, and I'd argue it's needed with the bigger map in bannerlord
  9. Gangs: World Feels Empty

I would love for them to flesh out gangs as they hinted in the old dev blogs, but I think we also need more minor factions in general. Like Deserters, Manhunters, Slavers - you could even make unique npcs capable of gathering their own parties
  10. Give us a new Roadmap, or re-affirm the already existing Roadmap.

Cheering is currently not intended to tie into any other feature. Banners may be. Cheering was handled by another team than banners likely will be.

I would also ask you to cut Callum some slack in regards to the way that he responded to the original inquiry. Priorities shift over time and across teams. If there is a window of opportunity to add content that we expect players will generally enjoy, we won't drop it because we made a general statement that we would do these kind of things later. From my perspective the fundamental idea of that statement is also still accurate. Cosmetic things are - overall - a lower priority.

There will always be a chance that some statements may not be universally applicable, but I feel it is still good and right to share them.
    Are you aware if there are discussions regarding the requests for features from previous games or is it not something that’s on the table
  11. What (Realistically Implementable) RPG Elements Would You Like to See in Bannerlord?

There are some good ideas here, hopefully Taleworlds are listening
  12. Bannerlord is missing many good features from Warband and VC

Played a few days worth when it came out and was fairly decent. Had to retry it again after all the nostalgic glow here and it really feels pretty stale and not that interesting after the initial cool opening. The washed out graphics and desolate looking world just cant inspire me to commit to weeks of grinding until things get interesting.

Bannerlord for all its faults feel fresh an new - and im not normally someone who cares about fancy graphics and god rays.
    Obviously it will feel dated now, but it still has some great features that shouldn’t be abandoned.
  13. Dear Callum

they will stop playing and go on to other games or wait till new features come out.
    Right, except the new features never came so player numbers dwindled. Also your comparisons are not very good because those game are linear and story based, ie you play it once and there’s more or less nothing left to see. Find me another sandbox game that has numbers drop as steeply. Reviews may not have changed much from the initial honeymoon period but that’s more to do with a dispassionate playerbase than a satisfied one. If you think it’s just the forum then look at reddit posts and steam discussions, people are frustrated with the stagnant state of the game
  14. Dear Callum

Funny again and again that people think their opinion is the one of "the community". Do you have any proof besides of perhaps some people in this forum that backs your argumet?Because if you look at steam the ratings are still pretty positive so i would think that most people are fine with the game and how it is handled.
    I don't agree with the aggressive tone of the post but claiming that people are fine with the game is just disingenuous, especially when you look at how steeply the playerbase dropped off. The lack of new content/features is something that most are worried about. Sure the initial steam reviews were good and the game was exciting at launch but you can see how enthusiasm has dwindled
  15. Something is rotten in Calradia

It is these little things that BL is missing so much. GTA and Skyrim are filled with things that seem like they do nothing but really add to the lived in feel of their worlds and drinking is such a small easy one to do.

I actually really want them to add to the friends and enemies mechanics that you touched on here with the drinking. Could they maybe make it so if you are good friends with a vassal they will maybe act quick to defend one of your villages or maybe your enemies go out of their way to target your villages or your caravans on the map. These are small things that would really add to the experience and make the world feel alive.
    I really hope this small features are missing because of early access and not because the game has been “streamlined”
  16. Complete lack of Immersion

I really hope Taleworlds will get it together now after the refactor and put some serious resources towards fleshing out the game, as it stands bannerlord is shallow as a puddle. Outdone by the likes of warband and viking conquest as evidenced by that other thread
  17. Bannerlord is missing many good features from Warband and VC

Now that they seem to have finally finished the code refactor and modding tools hopefully Taleworlds can start working on bringing these features back
Back
Top Bottom