Search results for query: *

1. zMasterofPie

[Feature Suggestion] Player's Legacy

Or at least there should be like a player's log where you can write down important stuff in the game to remember for later.
  2. zMasterofPie

Want Man-Hunters, Less bandits, Less hideouts, want Auto resolve changed for player, want control of parties, Rant

Hugely agree. It seems that bandits nearly outnumber peasants in Calradia, no matter how many you kill. And it's simply amazing that after a year and a half they still have not added any types of manhunters to reduce their numbers.

AlsoI feel like bandit parties, Looters specifically, should also be a bit more diverse. Regular looters should have at least a few men with something more than a few rags and a rusty sickle. There should be some guys with horses, bows, javelins, shields, helmets, etc. Looters are so artificial, and the player gains very little by defeating them. They are literally nothing except a fake noob enemy.
  3. zMasterofPie

Should armor be more effective?

Why the hell can't they just use the same formula they did in Warband? High tier armor was very good but not invincible, especially not at high speeds on horseback. Lance, heavy crossbow, or thrown spear could all end a knight quickly, but god damn rocks and rusty sickles couldn't even scratch it. And since warriors have more HP in Bannerlord everyone will last slightly longer on the battlefield, peasants aren't mowed down quite as quickly as they were in Warband so there is a bit more balance.
  4. zMasterofPie

the new death in battle sucks

It wouldn't even be that bad if they made armor actually ****ing work, so that you and your knights and heavy infantry wouldn't easily be mowed down by peasants. Also, they should expand the retreating mechanics. Most battles in real life were not fought to the death, usually both sides lost like 10% of their men and then retreated. But if you retreat in this game you are screwed. And also, you should be able to make enemy lords surrender if they do not have enough men to fight you. In real life it makes more sense to surrender than to die.
  5. zMasterofPie

8 months passed,the art work seems quite slow

None of their 100+ employees seem to be doing much.
  6. zMasterofPie

The new map is not good enough in terms of graphics and texture, and it is not beautiful.

We discussed this in the Turkish forum today. Calling the current Campaign map "not beautiful" is not fair imo.
    Yes, perhaps you want dark-themed map. However, details and amount of work put into the current campaign map isn't something you can ignore just like that.

Here are some screenshots that I took today to disprove that claim.
    IuxPb.jpg
    QpUlT.jpg

You can even see a lot of details when you zoom in to models
    64JMX.jpg

Also, let's compare it with 2015's map
    blog12_west.jpg
    uE2By.jpg

or

FV92T.jpg

I think it's obvious that which one has more details in it and which one looks more realistic.

Furthermore, this one is from the same year.
    Looking-south-east-from-vlandia.jpg

You can see that the entire map is almost flat without any height difference apart from random mountains. Current map has more elevated areas which create more immersive campaign map by showing the cultures how they should be like. ( Battanians on high ground, Khuzaits on steppe etc) The current map also has not just texture but also vegetation type difference as well - different types of trees on different regions etc.

Also, I'm leaving this map image with ridiculously simple icons for those claim that old icons were better and more detailed
    Overland-map-siege.jpg

As you can see from images, it's also really dependent when are you looking at your map ( i.e, summer night time is different than winter evening )
    Idk in my opinion the old one is better. Yes the new one is more detailed but to me it feels way too over the top, like a fantasy world map. In my opinion the old one is simpler but more elegant. I personally would like it if Taleworlds would simply release the old map for those of us who prefer it, so that we could try to make a mod using the old one.
  7. zMasterofPie

The new map is not good enough in terms of graphics and texture, and it is not beautiful.

I 100% agree. I wish they would at least release the old map to the modding community. It looks so much more realistic and true to Warband than the current map.
  8. zMasterofPie

Any chance the devs will release the old Bannerlord maps?

I know there were at least 2 other maps that came before the current one. I would very much like for them to be released in some way as myself and some people I have spoken to would like to see this map feature in a mod, as it is more accurate to Warband's Calradia and just looks better in my...
  9. zMasterofPie

When will content be added to the game?

It's been 6 months. 80% or more of the playerbase has left the game at least temporarily. Almost nothing new has been added. I heard that out of all their 100+ employees, Taleworlds only has 8 coders working on the campaign. What gives? I also heard about an "unannounced project" in the...
  10. zMasterofPie

So mod tools are out what mods are you hoping to see

Kind of a prequel to 1257 AD, Anno Domini 1084. Europe as it was in the year 1084. The Norman Conquest and the Viking Age were coming to a close, the Scandinavians were becoming a bit more chill, and the Crusades were on the horizon. A titanic clash of religion would soon begin. The Byzantines were struggling against the Seljuks. The Kievan Rus is facing a decline. So much stuff to explore, from Ireland to Persia or even farther.
  11. zMasterofPie

SP - General Free color selection for banners, factions, clothes in BANNERlord

Agree. Everything being the color of the faction is dumb. The only case in which the clothes would all be uniform is for elite units like elite cataphracts or something. But normal units should have variation. For the banners, I think clan banners can remain the same but there should be a 2nd banner, a personal one, every lord's personal banner is unique, and it can be any color.
  12. zMasterofPie

SP - General Bannerlord's Gameplay Has Gone Backwards In Multiple Areas From Warband

Hopefully Taleworlds does something about this, I knew Bannerlord had devolved from Warband, but not even have BREAD in the game?! What is this?! Along with all the other foods of course and spices.

But for real, food aside there are serious problems that Taleworlds doesn't seem intent on fixing. I dearly hope we will not have to rely on the modding community to make this game good. As you said, Taleworlds is silent about their plans, that is NOT good when their game is in early access and they rely on communication to make the game good.
  13. zMasterofPie

SP - Economy Why equipment pricing should dramatically drop

Well late game players would gladly pay 100Ks for armor that was slightly better, or a sword that looked cool. So making things cheap doesn’t make any sense.
    Yes, they should add maybe some gilded top tier armor or something that would cost that much, but literally plain lamellar armor shouldn't cost hundreds of thousands of denars. Either way, OP proposes that you would have to spend much more to actually upgrade troops, so you would need those 100k's of denars to run an army anyway.
  14. zMasterofPie

SP - Economy Why equipment pricing should dramatically drop

I agree with OP, and I think money should just have an increased worth in general - meaning it's a bit harder to get but goes farther. In the middle ages, a few gold/silver coins could get you quite a bit of stuff. Buying one sack of grain shouldn't cost even 10 denars, it doesn't really make sense.

And of course, good armor costing hundreds of thousands of denars makes zero sense whatsoever.
  15. zMasterofPie

Cannot block upper two handed axe attacks

Here's a thought, add a perk in the skill trees to be able to block crush-throughs as one of those automatically-obtainable ones (not a selection); or when you hit some skill threshold like 125, you can now block crush-throughs by default.
    Adding to that, I would make it so that to even perform a crush-through you have to unlock it through perks as well, so there is sort of a bi-layer defense against them. They are just too op otherwise, in the hands of both players and AI alike.
  16. zMasterofPie

Bannerlord is missing many good features from Warband and VC

Multi color faction insignia and multi color faction banners are implemented actually.

But only in custom battles..

SUGGESTION TO THE DEVS:

Mono color faction banners. Multi color clan banners. Clans coat of arms will stay but clan banner's colors will be multi color. Each of them will have different flag pattern.

The friendly identification bubbles on the soldiers will be like the current system (mono faction color with clan insignia).

The only thing that changes will be the clan banners (on the field), their appearance in the encyclopedia and banners within castles and cities (both faction banner and clan banner will be presented).

In the battle, half of the soldiers carrying flags will carry the faction banner and the other half will carry the flags of the clan to which they belong.

In addition, the world map will have two flags (faction banner and clan banner) with the number of flags of the respective unit side by side or one on top of the other.
    I love that idea, in fact I thought about that a long time ago but then I just stopped playing Bannerlord so I forgot about it. Make a post in the suggestions part of the forum, would you? Because that NEEDS to be a feature imo.
  17. zMasterofPie

Eh, they were upfront that the bright monochrome factional colors weren't a temporary stopgap.
    Well that makes me very sad. I knew that banners and such would all be monochrome but I didn't think every last dude would have the same colors. I hope to god that can be fixed with mods. I really don't see the point to this when they already have banners over their heads. I get some people turn that off for immersion, but imo "immersion" is not an option when every guy is wearing the same stuff, like unless it's a unit of elite warriors like legionaries, there should be a good amount of variation in color and equipment.
  18. zMasterofPie

Has there been an update about any of the features on this list? Have they even seen it? I feel like some of these are absolutely vital for the final game. I also feel like the release was premature, maybe they were pressured by the fanbase so much that they felt forced to go early access. I think the game could still use a year of development if not more.
    Yes a dev commented on this not too long after it was posted. They saw it, there however has not been an update on these features. I really wonder what it's like on their end; are they struggling or are they just lazy? How hard is it to communicate? I agree some of these are definitely vital, and it's ridiculous that the game doesn't have them. Don't bother implementing new features before you even add the old ones.

I also kinda think the release was premature, but I think it's good that we can now give them feedback. I bet were it not for the community the game would be even worse. Although idk that they felt pressured to release it, they said themselves that EA would be around a year long, now it's clear that could be 2 years or longer. The game really needs basic content, like that of this list, it's been 6 months and almost nothing new has been added, except for fixing broken features that were already there. This also really makes me wonder what they were doing before EA release, there were sooooo many bugs and other issues at the start of EA that really shouldn't have been there if they had adequate playtests.
  19. zMasterofPie

Yeah Idk anymore, we best start getting content SOON or else the whole playerbase will lose faith. Even the people who still think Bannerlord is better and won't go back to Warband. Idk whether I trust Taleworlds or not. They are disappointing but idk what it's like on their end, and it would be really damn nice if they would tell us.

It is appalling that the dev response to this was essentially "o wow yeah u right these are some really good features" like cmon you've been working on Bannerlord since 2012 and you haven't even considered these features? What? And having read all of their devblogs before the game was out, I was convinced this game would be 10x the game Warband is, and it's barely half. They wrote about features like 2-3 years ago, and many of those are not yet in the game. Just wow.

Hopefully something happens soon. The mod tools are coming in a few weeks at least.

*rant alert*

But I don't want to wait another 8 years for this damn game to be good. The past 6 months have just been bug fixes, with like 4 new armors. That is the "content" we have gotten. 4 or 5 armors, I think all Sturgian. I was playing a lot of Viking Conquest and Napoleonic Wars lately, those are so damn good. And then I came back to Bannerlord to try out the new update, and **** that's been ****ed since the start is still ****ed. Tournaments are still stupidly easy to win even with no armor, and on the hardest settings. Not that it matters much, I can take a fully armored knight down with like 2 or 3 stabs from a sword. Armor in the game is like movie armor, it's for decoration only. The quests are all ****. The loot system is still ****. The economy is still ****. The diplomacy is still nonexistant. There is still nothing to do during peace time. The BANNERS are still ****. You still can't hold them in battle and the banner creator still sucks ass. "Banner" lord my ass. Every damn peasant is still wearing bright blue or yellow or red, something I thought was a dumbass temporary solution. The smithing is still garbage and broken. Guess I'll just go back to Viking conquest, 6 years out of date and made mostly by a mod team and still better than Bannerlord, made by like what, 50 people? 80? Idk. Taleworlds, if you are reading this, please, please, PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG. I don't hate you or your game, I'm just very very disappointed. Most of us are. I wish I never knew Bannerlord would be a thing. I never should have read all those devblogs. I never should have had hope. The game of my dreams was just that, a dream.

*rant over*
Back
Top Bottom