Search results for query: *

1. Tryvenyal

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Characters - I want a lot more of them!

Hey, I´d like to see alot more charachter evolving in the game. Bandits, prisoners, soldiers - Everyone is just a blend Troop. Distinguished Service - but for everyone! Tough bandit-chefs, brilliant caravan-leaders, distinuished militia-leaders! I want to meet them all!! Shake more life in...
  2. Tryvenyal

SP - General Skills/Perks system need rework

I think perks overall should be more general. Allways do _something_(IE have a "Clan leader", a "Party Leader" and a "Governor" effect.) "Personal", "Captain" and party-role based effects are a bonus/complement to this.
  3. Tryvenyal

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops News board in town/ tavern

look at this, these towns seem locked down by covid 19
    Yes, for no good reason! Its avarage prosperit(I dont see the actual scire but the text above the meny say so).
    It should be bustling, merchants should try to sell wares, townspeople should run their arrends, soldiers should patrul, thugs should sneak around. This is was not a locked down city. Except for you, it was a dead city. Abandoned.
  4. Tryvenyal

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops News board in town/ tavern

Another thing is the town is now lack of bustling, need more townspeople going around and the market place need even more bustling to make town look more living
    Thanks for taking a look !
    The level of "Bustling" should reflect the prosperity :smile: A poor settlement should display poverty, lack maintanance, few badly dressed citizens etc
  5. Tryvenyal

SP - General Cunning Attribute: Can it be improved?

No real suggestion for this unfortunatly. But... Ofc I have allways dreamt of a bandit game-play where Curring would be essential(Like Social is for noble gameplay!!)

I think perks overall should be more general. Allways do _something_(IE have a "Clan leader", a "Party Leader" and a "Governor" effect.) "Personal", "Captain" and party-role based effects are a bonus/complement to this.

Also the "Attribute"- score and the "Skill"-score should be more usefull with static effects.

See this for some inspiration, touching the subject but for trade.
    Tradeskill & Experience gain
  6. Tryvenyal

SP - General Increase the amount of Workshops per clan tier

On the contrary, I´d suggest suggest making them profitable..... If you assign a good clanmember to work there! Smithing and Steward could give a small static benefit.
    I can get 5000d per day from caravans but I struggle to get workshops that can get close to 200d
    Caravans costs a clanmember. They should be alot better :smile:
  7. Tryvenyal

SP - General Putch

I´m not english nor have English as my native language. Putch seems to be a synonum to coup. Were they really using any of these words during mediveal warfare/politics - where you rather "usurped" or "conquered" titles or territory than couped/putched the government.

Again, correct my if I´m wrong and learn me how properly use the different terms.
  8. Tryvenyal

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops AI Marriages and clans

When player is offered a marriage for a clan member, atleast reveal the age of the spouse offered when couple would end up with the player. My only requirement might be they are able to breed för atleast a few years. Feels so hollow to savescum because of this :smile: Allow me to auto-decline...
  9. Tryvenyal

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Death and Rebirth

You can die in battle. Its a setting at start of a game who is immune to death in battle:
    - Your clan(you, familly and companions)
    - Your Clanmembers(You and familly)
    - You(Only you)
    - Nobody

This setting unfortunatly cant be changed after game is started :/

But.. Despite I play "Nobody", I have never died in battle. It takes a bit to kill a lord in battle. I rarely see it in battles not simulated to be honest(Where main player never don't participate).

ive heard (though i could be wrong) that you can play your child if you die.
    You will get a dialogue where you pick next player charachter among adult clanmembers(Not companions). IE you will never play an underaged child but you might play your siblings or kids if they manage to grow up.

1) speed up the day/night cycle, wars should take many years with only a few lasting a month or so. it should also take a good chunk you your life moving up the political ladder so to speak
    I´d rather have more main - quests telling me WHY I can speed-climb that ladder. Low-level game is so hallow and repetetive.

2) there should be risk in battle, if you are below 10% health and the finishing blow is 50% of your total you die, if any hit is 2x your total you die
    Whould love increased death with more options on above list(of who is Immune to death)

- You (Up to level 10)
    - You (Up to level 20)

I´d hate to be forced to play elder big brother over an unlucky bandit encounter. It would likely be a campaign-killer for me.

Whould love a 4th skill on Vigor "Battle Survival". With increased death risk AI would die as flies but with this skill this could be countered for core charachters. All pers would be "Personal". Then only bad AI charachters(including yours!) would die as flies! :grin:

3) wars should only be proposed by lords only if you are in UP TO 2 wars, if you as the ruler want to be in more than you can start them
    More love to the war votings, yes absolutly! But my problem (with votes over all) is that vassals are very united! Hive-minded! They thinks and votes the same to 90% There are rarely even votes. They know the odds. They know the king will have to veto it before they trigger the vote. I´d like more divided vassals where opinion and realtion toboth initializer and liege matters. And above all, traits. AI vassals should have an option where they "Support the king" for 50% influence cost. They choose it if they have no strong opinion for any option and likes the liege.
  10. Tryvenyal

SP - General Elite unit caps

Elite noble units is too cheep and too easy to get. They should be more valuable. Loosing them and replacing them should be alot more expensive and hard than replacing 30 times the number of elite regulars. And a elite regular should be ten times harder to replace than rurrent...
  11. Tryvenyal

SP - Economy Salvage armour, tradegoods importance and upgrade itempacks

I´ll give this suggestion of mine a second moment of fame in the spotlight :smile:
  12. Tryvenyal

SP - General Start the campaign with your own house

Please god no, player is already getting suffocated by freebies at the beginning of the game and now we want for game to also give a free house as well as if its already not giving out enough stuff for free?
    Comparing to what? Football Manager where you can get a football team worth billions of dollars? Or plague Inc where you can get a completly halmless virus - embreo?

There are probably mods for starting naked and 0 gold.

The start equipment is somewhere inline with what a recruit have - worth 200-300 denars maybe. And a pack - horse worth 100 denars when scarse. 1000 denars in purse. And a level 0 clan. And a family of 3 siblings. One too good to utilize in several years and hard to develop. 2 you cant utilize or develop in several years. I´d appriciate the adult brother more if he was level 5, honestly, with matching skill levels.

There is the the sandbox start if you don't want the family.

From my perspective a house or a home is mainly a flavour thing. It does not give income. where you can gather your familly members if you need to speak to them and dont want to run around the map. Where you can requip for example caravanleaders etc.

Later in the game, you could invite clanlords to your home/capital to speak to them. Or invite mercenarycaptains. Or other people of interest you don't want to run around the map after.

Earlier I saw it as a the place where defeated bandleaders regroup. Now it´s easier just calling them to my band wherever I am on the map.
  13. Tryvenyal

SP - General Few suggestions for long term campaign (lords, kingdom, city management)

First one about heirs. About their skills.

Characters born after starting the campaign grow one time and become full part of the game. From this moment they are able to lead parties, be governors etc. BUT most of them either warriors with, OK, few advanced combat skills or just useless persons with no abilities. Of course, not all of them should become overlords of Calradia. But looking back and reminiscing the state of lords in the early beginning of the campaign... it makes you a little upset cause next generation is worse (?), at least less useful comparing to first one. We have some badass persons in each culture from the start, why not to create few same ones after?

Would be nice to rework this and add heirs some more skills from the moment they grow out of childhood.
    Agree! They often have great potential, gets massive xp for what they do BUT AI lords are not doing that much stuff! Many lords could get 150 skill from the focus/atrributes they have from start but to get there takes time! And AI picks the best suited lord when creating a new party/assigning governors. Highest current score and does never check potential. I have seen 30 year old such charachter with huge potential but stuck on level 1 because AI never use them because they allways have better options.

My solution: Bring youths to map earlier(at age 16 but they cant lead parties and they cant govern holdings untill 1:cool:. Set them as "Squires" in armies or beside governornors. The teatchers skill is used but half the unmodified XP is awarded the squire. This means the next gen will be better prepered!

Now about how game determines who to give fiefs to. Played for different kingdoms, different versions of the game, in each faction there are couple of clans who eager to grab each fief the kingdom conquered. Even ruling clan is not so greedy. There is some logic I noticed like, of course, quantity of fiefs, location of new fief (if it’s close to candidate’s area), relationships with the ruler and voting lords. BUT it’s broken too often, usually there are same persons at the elections and no logic in how they were proposed. As a result, 3-4 clans (with the ruling one) possess most of lands while there are could be clans even without a single city under control. Unable to make smth with this as a vassal, not ruler.

Yes. And the worst part is generation the candidates! Now you are there if you have no fiefs or nearby fiefs
    1. there should be more than 3. Increase to a maximum of five!!
    2. First candidate is allways the king/ruler!
    3. Second - forth candidate candidates are the 3 with least holdings and most poverty.
    4. Fifth is allways the one conquering

Then let nomenated clans decide to accept nomination by paying some influence(King does it for free, conquerer pay some extra). The accepting is listed. Things clans consider when accepting/declining:
    1. Do I have enough suitable governors to handle my fiefs(including this)?
    2. Is it close to my other fiefs?
    3. Can I afford to spend influence on my own vote?
    4. ...

Then the voting! today vassals tend to vote exactly the same. I want divercity!!
    1. Make relation matter more!
    2. Make traits matter more!
    3. Make distance to the clans other holdings matter more!
    4. Strategy. Consider both internal and external espects.
    5. ...

This would likely mean more fiefs to the ruler. But then he can hand them out to whoever he finds fit(Depending of his traits, relations and strategic needs of the realm - mainly external)!
  14. Tryvenyal

A village seem more likely in the game. Getting uniqe quests from that village. Help with the protection. Free recruits. Leaving companions on buildning tasks.
    Yes, depending of your background choices
  15. Tryvenyal

SP - General Family Portrait function

Great idea! :smile:
  16. Tryvenyal

What do you mean with a "house" really? What is it you suggest we should have? :smile: A building in a random town town of our culture? What should it do? What should it be used for?
    Anything close to this suggestion of mine?
    Base of Operation
  17. Tryvenyal

SP - General There should be few/no multiplayer-only achievements

If a SP achievement is unattainable in MP, it's because it's LITERALLY unattainable - you don't have children or execute lords in MP. That makes sense.

On the other hand, there are all sorts of activities that you DO in SP, and the achievements just don't work for these. It just doesn't make sense. Especially when it's clear that the overwhelming majority of people who play the game are SP. There's actually a fair amount of confusion on the steam message boards because of this - "why isn't this achievement tracking??" and literally half the responses are people saying it's broken, because NO ONE does MP and they haven't realized that's where you can get it.
    Is not achivement text like

"In skirmish mode"(Jack of all trades)
    "in captain mode"(Butcher of Calradia)
    "in multiplayer"(Roadkill)
    "enemy player(s)"(This is Sparta, Ride it like you stole it, Catch, Strike!, Headhunter)

clear enough to desrcribe the purpose and make them LITTERALLY unattainable in SP?

"Slice n dice" and "Lance-a-lot" I agree is badly described - its litteraly unclear its MP only.

Generally the descriptive texts does not follow a clear pattern and could be improved/streamlined.
  18. Tryvenyal

SP - General There should be few/no multiplayer-only achievements

People could still get the listed achievements in multiplayer, I'm just asking that they're not exclusively multiplayer. You ignored the "-only" part of my post and subject line.
    But when 0% of single-player achievements can be solved in MP, why should MP achievements be solveable in SP?

Its a mixed game. To get your 100%, do both or live with it :smile:
  19. Tryvenyal

SP - General Eliminating a Kingdom

I agree and would go with a static arbitrary fixed no of days before kingdom dissolves.

But to do it real, Id like:

Vassal Clans should start to leave a faction when they have no holdings. Meaning kingdom upbreak starts long before Kingdom has no holdings. Clans leave for independence. Game perfectly fine supports independent clans and them beeing recriuted back. In Warband, they got -1 with leader each day and left any random day after a certain treshold. It could be the same here. Or just a fixed no of days. I don't really care.

Kingdoms with only a rulerclan with no holdings dissolves after 5-10 days. Kingdom clan goes independent and all wars the kingdom had are terminated.

Independent clans may approach the player via the same system they ask player to be a mercenary or to swear fealty.

Independent clans have alot lower requirements to be recruited via bartersystem.
Back
Top Bottom