Search results for query: *

• Users: ZiP*
  • Order by date
  1. ZiP*

Cattle

theguruofreason said:
    So... I really don't know why no one has discussed this. Maybe no one but me does quests for the villages.

In the beginning of the game, and probably all the way to level 6 or so, you can go to a small village and ride up to the "village elder" and when you ask to buy cattle from them they typically tell you, "Hey there sonny-jim! I gots me 126 heads of cattle. You can buy 'em fer 22 denars a piece if ya like." However, by level 15 you ride up to the same elder and you'll hear one of two responses to the same query; "WHAT!? Who are you? What do you want? Not here to raid us are you?! Oh, you want to buy cattle. We have none left. 15 Marauding lords have been through here in the last month and we're all out!" or "WHAT!? Who are you? What do you want? Not here to raid us are you?! Oh, you want to buy cattle. We have 3 heads left and you can buy them for 2200 denars a piece."

Holy Funkin' Waggles! When other villages are asking you for 8 heads to replenish their corals you first must spend days trodding around the countryside until you find a village that actually HAS cattle, and then must pay exorbitant prices for, frankly, not enough cattle. Even at level 25 it's not worth it to me to spend 10 days and 18000 denars to get +8 reputation with a village. Is this a broken game mechanic? Am I the only one having this problem? The other quests for villages are very reasonable; "Go buy us 8 sacks of wheat at 100 denars a piece from the nearest town/villiage. They always have them in stock." "Spend 2 days training us and then fight with us against 25+ local bandits." Not too easy, not too hard. Why the hell do the cattle quests become so outlandishly resource consuming? Not only that, but they increase in frequency if I'm not mistaken, likely because no villages have cows left.

One final thing, IMO the rate at which lords raid villages is too high. It is likely a reflection of "reality" but it's just an annoying mechanic which causes all the world's villages to constantly be in a state of gut-wrenching poverty. The game could do with some party-level AI enhancements.

Welcome to Capitalism  :roll:
  2. ZiP*

who has best calvary

The Wandering Knight said:
    Honestly, those bows shouldn't punch through their armor at all.  Riding a horse really limits the draw weight of the bow in real life.

yeah i mean clearly the mongols were ****.
  3. ZiP*

Sanjar Khan's a douche

If M&B was multiplayer... i'd have to annihilate anyone who bad mouthed the Khanate :smile:
  4. ZiP*

Holy cow, I got 136 fiefs as a rebel

I wasn't even aware there was 136 fiefs to capture..
  5. ZiP*

Death animations

maybe a few more death animations, other than just the corpses falling backwards. falling to the side or on the front?
  6. ZiP*

Quests

i managed to get 10.1 on my best shot....however it was probably cooled than most of yours, it skimmed throgh the trees glided past a few veterans and into the face of a swadian knight...... truly magnificant :wink:
  7. ZiP*

Where did you hear about Mount&Blade??

Pc Gamer (uk). was on shareware, had a look at the game... loved it, bought it :smile:
  8. ZiP*

~The Hundred Years War Mod (v4.0) for M&B 0.751~ (former thread)

hmm every time i start up the game, i get an error saying: get_object failed for: river

whats up with that?
  9. ZiP*

Dumb question...

yeah, padded cloth isnt that hard to find :smile:
  10. ZiP*

Vampires or Werewolves in Videogames

oh come on, have you all forgotten Morrowind? becoming a vampire is the most fun thing to do, once your bitten EVERYONE hates you. but thats a small price to pay for near-immortality
  11. ZiP*

Saving private Ryan.

there isnt really much point for me to save my lower soldiers, but if my knights start falling i get real angry >_<
  12. ZiP*

What is the point?

maybe if either faction produced something destingly unique?... like a weapon or armour or something along those lines?..
  13. ZiP*

Tell us about your character!

oh now that is nice :smile:

is there any other strange things that people have got hold of? (and would like to share :razz: :cool: )
  14. ZiP*

Tell us about your character!

Septa Scarabae said:
    -: Flintlock Pistol

what the hell.....i need me one of those.

where did you find that?
  15. ZiP*

Phasable citizens...

yup, thats the only real way.
    i did that on boling point as well, just shot everyone i saw.
  16. ZiP*

Phasable citizens...

ahh but thats the boring way...... i prefer just hacking down soldiers, not casting poxy spells on them. thats why i love M&B :smile:
  17. ZiP*

Phasable citizens...

DaLagga said:
    It would be possible, but would completely ruin the game. Virtually every NPC serves a purpose, unlike Morrowind where you can selectively kill 20 townsmen and nobody cares, nor does it effect the game.

bs mate. i found that killing anyone always resulted in jail or fine, either one extremly annoying.

are you sure your version was patched? :razz:
  18. ZiP*

Post bugs found in 0.731 here.

oops i posted this on a new topic, sorry.

i found then during a siege not all of the enemy combatants were part of the battle, even though i had the number of troops set to 40. i had to retreat then carry on fighting to eventually win.

is this a bug, or delibratly done?
  19. ZiP*

M&B, is it created by satan himself?!?!?

about 4 or 5 times ( i tried each character class)
  20. ZiP*

Castle battles

i found then during a siege not all of the enemy combatants were part of the battle, even though i had the number of troops set to 40. i had to retreat then carry on fighting to eventually win. is this a bug, or delibratly done?
Back
Top Bottom