Search results for query: *

1. Red_Moth

Increasing the death rate of characters

Duh said that in 1.6.1-1.6.2 they may enable death in battle for AI vs AI battles, so there will be more overall deaths in the game world. If this will work as intended, I wouldn't set the death rate higher than 15-20%. 50% is way too much, I suppose, considering that children grow up quite slow, so clans may not be able to recover if too many adults will die.
    By the way, it would be possible to make it so that from ordinary people or from the nobility in the city, new clans appeared, if the old ones died
  2. Red_Moth

I think you might still end up with a similar problem as your picture because eventually you would end up with a bunch of weak surviving lords who would just surrender immediately every time.
    you may be right, but the gameplay will change to a more hardcore side, because you can not just go in the first rows, because you can die
  3. Red_Moth

Obviously, if you leave things as they are now and just increase the death rate of the lords, then in a short period of time, they will all die.

Therefore, it is necessary to change the behavior of the AI, as I wrote above. What do you think, gentlemen?
  4. Red_Moth

Resolved Strange picture

I found out what the problem was :grin: . This is an online mod, apparently there were some lags because of which there were these pictures
  5. Red_Moth

Resolved Strange picture

Can you try deleting the contents of "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Shaders" and "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\TileSets\pages" folders and verifying your game files?
    unknown.png

Deleted it as you said, checked the integrity of the files, here is the result. As soon as it loads I'll go in and check whether it helped or not
  6. Red_Moth

I would find it a whole lot more interesting if personality traits played into this having both some positive aspect as well as negative. Such as some Meglo-maniac leader would inspire his troops through sheer delusion so they got a bonus on the auto calc, a buff in skills on the 3D battlefield (frenzied soldiers) but would be prone to believe his own immortality and would fight to the death -thereby increasing his liklihood for death

Seems abit more interesting than a blanket 15-20% chance of death for lords across the board -boring
    +++

or on the contrary inspire your troops to stand up to the last with a positive trait as an honor or add some more character traits for the characters
  7. Red_Moth

I do agree that the lord should have better survivability in battle, but not sure that making every lord a spectator in every battle is the coolest idea in that sense. And for one, if the lord stands behind his army, won't the player know this and still be able to go straight for him to kill him? The only way I imagine to protect a lord from the player (which is the biggest threat) would be to have his soldiers in circle formation around him. Some sort of bodyguards. keep in mind that defeating the lord imposes great morale penalties, so the best thing for the player is to go straight for the lord). Or, a better solution would be if the lord would charge behind or at the middle of a cavalry formation (sometimes a good attack is the better defense. But for that cavalry AI needs to prioritize targets such as archers, and should prefer to flank after the infantry has already charged in, so we need better tactics for the AI). Also, retreating while in a losing battle makes sense, so they should do that more often when the outcome is clearly a loss. Also high end lordly armor should be more effective at tanking hits as well. Plenty of improvements to be made in that area from what I can see.
    I agree that if he just stands behind the army, it will not be the best solution. You are right, you can add a guard to it, but at the same time it is not necessary to just stand, it can go behind the infantry / together with the cavalry and attack or play from the defense, so that if the player tries to kill it, the infantry or cavalry will cover it. But again, you need to improve the AI, which is not so easy. As for the armor, I also agree that it can be improved
  8. Red_Moth

I have read all that the amiable lords have written above, and can counter-argue almost everything.

In the screenshot below, I broke the Aserai and also broke them a lot later in battle, but instead of dying or surrendering, they constantly took 10-15 people as in the screenshot and survived and annoyed me by looting my villages. I was very upset that I couldn't finish them in any way. That's why I propose to increase the death rate of the lords.

Many people write about the fact that if you increase the mortality of the lords, then there will be absolutely no ones who could fight, but this is not true. I'll explain why: If the lords put their lives first and don't go headlong hundreds of spears ahead of the army, they won't die. If they stand at the back of the army, as they did in real life, and give up if necessary ( you can't do that in the game mechanics, but they can just run away from the battlefield), then they won't die in vain.

For example, if there is a battle of equal, 200 vs 200 soldiers, then if defeated, the lord does not have to go himself and be wounded, instead he can leave and get a morale debuff in the following battles, and if he goes, he will either be wounded or die 50-50. And in battles where the lord has no chance, for example, 200 against 1000, then he just has to give up, so as not to die, this is much more reasonable than going to the battlefield and dying. It may be technically very difficult to do this, because you will need to improve the behavior of the AI, but as an option, I think it would be not bad to do it, maybe modders can do this? What do you think, gentlemen?

unknown.png
  9. Red_Moth

I think smaller death chance for lords is good. People have been complaining about even the 10% death rate, and even at that rate lords were dropping like flies. Even with the now lowered death chance I've had 2 enemy lords die in one battle (out of 3 total lords in battle), so it can still happen. If anything, if you want to make this low death chance justifiable, then make armor tiers actually impact death chance. So heavy armor (which lords are wearing) is very low death chance and maybe lower clan tiers which will have less effective armor will have higher death chances. Same principle could apply to regular troops, companions, and the player.

For what is suggested here (very high lord death chance), It would be very easy for the player to just ignore the lord's surrender pleas and still go in battle and simply kill them. Kill all lords win the game. Unless you make children age super fast (which would really break immersion), there is no chance this would work.

Even in battles with equal fighting power (which are easily winnable) a LOT of lords would die. At this point no lord would go over age 20.

Promoting less battles in a game about fighting where battles are pretty much the best thing we have, is a bit anti-climatic, even if it would make sense in some cases. At most, they should increase the attempt of surrendering when severely outnumbered and when severely outmatched (the more you beat on the same lord the more he learns and the more he is likely to surrender to you. The same way, if a lord beats you a lot (which will never happen let's be honest) but you outnumber him then he will be less likely to want to surrender.

Personally I like the finally lower death chance in battle. As long as it will happen between lord vs lord without player interaction as well (and it will, still, will be a rare occurance), that's good. You have the choice to execute a lord if you really want to so it's not like we're stuck fighting the same lord forever with no options presented to us.
    To avoid this, the lords must take care of their lives during the battle, as it has always been in life, not to go to the front of the army like Rimbaud for hundreds of spears, but to stand conditionally behind the army and command, in case of defeat, simply run away or surrender, thereby not dying in vain in battle. Do you know how it works now? Even if he fights 10 against 100, he does not retreat, although when at least 1 soldier from his army dies, they all start to run, except for the general, he does not retreat, as a result of which he must be killed, but each time he just survives.
  10. Red_Moth

I have this question: Has your opponent ever given up? ((Lords, except marauders) Why don't the lords give up, even if they fight 1 in 100, they still fight instead of giving up. I've had the same lord fight 5 times, and I've wounded him 5 times, but he never died and never gave up, even though...
  11. Red_Moth

Resolved Strange picture

I reloaded the game, removed the mod that adds the Russian language, and now the kuzaits have a strange flag or whatever it is called... wtf?

unknown.png
  12. Red_Moth

Resolved Strange picture

Summary: I do not know what it is and where it came from, but it scares me, I played during the day - everything was fine, in the evening I went in, I got an error and this picture appeared How to Reproduce: ? Have you used cheats and if so which: no Scene Name (if related): Media (Screenshots...
  13. Red_Moth

Resolved can't start a war with another kingdom

Cannot give an exact time frame for that I'm afraid. Glad to hear it's fixed for you! :smile:
    ok, thx ^^
  14. Red_Moth

Is it a community-made language patch? Can you try disabling it and check again just in case?
    now I can declare war, after all it was the mod's fault, thanks. Is there any news when the game will be translated into Russian?
  15. Red_Moth

Hi, are you still having the same problem on our current build? The QA team informed me that the save file works both on e1.5.3 and e1.5.4, and that they can declare war from the kingdom tab.
    the problem is still there, could it be due to the translation into Russian?
  16. Red_Moth

Hi, are you still having the same problem on our current build? The QA team informed me that the save file works both on e1.5.3 and e1.5.4, and that they can declare war from the kingdom tab.
    I don’t know, I didn’t check it, I wasn’t home for a week, I’ll write as I can
  17. Red_Moth

Resolved performance issues

Are you still having the same problem on our current build?
    idk haven't played yet, haven't been home for a week, I'll answer a little later
  18. Red_Moth

We did not receive a save file with reference to this thread. Can you try uploading again?
    TINmFnUka84.jpg

i am uploaded again, name - bearism
  19. Red_Moth

Go to upload.taleworlds.com, browse your save file at "C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves", paste this thread's link in the description box and click upload.
    im upload my save file
  20. Red_Moth

Community-made language patches still count as mods. We need youor save file to see if this is causing the bug.
    how can i provide my save file?
Back
Top Bottom