Search results for query: *

• Users: Ead
  • Order by date
  1. Selective targeting for formations in battles.

Echoing support for the ability to target specific enemy types (Cavalry, infantry, etc.)
  2. Bannerlord Comprehensive List of Implemented Perks (1.5.4 main branch and 1.5.5 beta) -UPDATE IN PROGRESS

Hoping this gets pinned. Thank you for the work OP I would still love for TW to implement notices in game of which perks are working or not implemented, and which effects are actually working too.

(and PLEASE just tell us what perks you've implemented in the patch notes rather than a generic "X number of *insert skill tree* implemented")
  3. Bannerlord really needs banners in battles :D

The old footage had troops and spears decorated with banners. Not sure what happened to that.
  4. SP - Battles & Sieges Simulated battles outweigh the need to play them yourself? WHY?

Soldiers are also earning good amount of xp in battles too but the problem is they have to do damage in battles that low tier units are failing to do so compared to high tier units while in auto-battle everybody does damage for sure..

On the party screen you can set your low tiers to another formation/group by changing the numeral they are. Then in a battle you can send them in on their own (if it's say looters and your training them).
  5. SP - Battles & Sieges Simulated battles outweigh the need to play them yourself? WHY?

They made it easier to level up troops as well too so it might balance out well all together. Haven't tried it to see yet.
  6. SP - General More Units in Custom Battles for Testing

Fully agree. It's the problem I've been seeing in campaign of wanting to run certain army comps but then having to risk it all if it doesn't work out.
  7. SP - Battles & Sieges Simulated battles outweigh the need to play them yourself? WHY?

I believe there is a command in the command interface to delegate command off to someone else.

It's F6 on the main commands. If you have no one selected it will delegate command to ALL your troops. If you have specific troops selected only those will be delegated. So you can have cav and archers be delegated while you order infantry.
  8. SP - Battles & Sieges Simulated battles outweigh the need to play them yourself? WHY?

Why though - if you manual you will suffer significantly less deaths...

In my experience - any additional xp you get from auto-resolve is completely outweighed by the units that die...

As has been stated several times in the thread, when you auto resolve versus Looters no units die.
  9. SP - Battles & Sieges Simulated battles outweigh the need to play them yourself? WHY?

In regards to the OPs point, the exp really needs to balanced between autoresolve and manual. I've played the exact same battle manual and autoresolve and it results in vastly different amounts of experience. That's the inherent problem. (Got pictures here, minimal interference from player in actual battle https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...experience-is-unbalanced.407269/#post-9313383). Twenty troops versus five upgrade. That's a bit crazy. And yes, I've tried the "just send your low tier units in first" method and it really doesn't work as well.

Looters are the first enemies in the game for players and are the safest way for people to get used to commands and combat (ignoring arena for combat). Incentivizing skipping them does nothing but hurt players later on. And if a player does want to fight the battle manual he shouldn't basically be punished for it. We can leave the auto resolve experience as is but ONLY if manual combat experience is brought in line with it.
  10. Way to train troops

Yes. Autoresolving I'll usually get 10-20 troops leveled up. Meanwhile, manually fighting the same battle gets maybe 5 upgraded. It's a huge difference in the pace of the game. I'm really hoping it'll be looked at soon.
  11. Auto Battle Troop Experience versus Manual Battle Experience is Unbalanced.

The simulated system pits all troops against one another. Hence, the experience is divided across a larger base.

When you manually control a battle, only those units who engage and achieve kills are credit with exp. The usual predicament with this system is that the high tier units get all the kills and leave nothing for the lower tiers.

Can you try this - in battle, just send out your lowest tier units to charge (you can group them as group V). Once they rack up kills, they will get experience.

But yes, it's just simpler right now to auto-resolve battles against Looters (only looters) as they only wound your units. The auto-resolving with others cause deaths.

Tried that, still doesn't work very well. Hoping it'll get a balance pass eventually though. Early days yet.
  12. Auto Battle Troop Experience versus Manual Battle Experience is Unbalanced.

Currently, autoresolving (simulation I guess?) a battle yields a huge margin of experience more for your troops versus manually fighting a battle. I've tried with different numbers of opponents, different battle tactics when manually fighting, and even reloading the save but the result is the...
  13. SP - General Troops need proper XP gain if I join them in battle.

I've had the same experience. Leading troops into battle myself will result in maybe four or so upgrading. Meanwhile, autoresolving will give me twenty upgraded troops. I have no idea if this is a bug or balance feature at the moment. Pretty bad though. Definitely needs to be a better gain on manual combat at least.

14. Resolved e1.0.0 Infantry do not block archer fire with shields.

I haven't been able to test in Campaign but in Custom Battles troops will headlong go into archers without using shields to block and be promptly decimated. They only appear to block if you command them in the Shield Wall formation first. I tested movement, charge, follow, and just standing...
  15. Can't Upgrade Vlandian Infantry to Vlandian Light Cavalry

Do Sumpters count for giving your troops a movement speed bonus as well or just the inventory increase?
Back
Top Bottom