Search results for query: *

1. Javelin Crafting needs rework!

There are currently two major revenue streams that can keep you afloat no problem even without selling any smithed weapons - trade and fighting (i.e. mercenary work). I tend to do both at the same time. If you can't survive without breaking the economy using javelins you're using a crutch that'll eventually set you back once it's gone.

That said, even if javelins sell for 2000 apiece at decent quality it's enough to sustain a pretty good army. Some items, like daggers, arguably should be selling for more than they currently do.
    As long as they allow some minor stamina reg while one the map, i wouldn't mind lowering the extreme outliners.
    Just keep in mind, i'm certain that unlocking parts is straight linked to the price, just as skillpoints gained.

Means if its not carefull adjusted, smithing stays busted, just now in the other extreme.
  2. Javelin Crafting needs rework!

The off chance that I will get a jav unlock prior to Clan Tier 3 in 1.5.0+ is amazingly slim. Also, fighting large armies or sieging castles drops ZERO loot worthy of mention. The loot process is broke. The paid tiers are broke. Companions are broke. And throughout this entire process, at least in prior versions, I had a faint chance of getting either a high 2H or JAV unlock and then actually upgrading the ****ing armor on my 2-3 companions (who have ZERO useful skills other than sucking my wallet dry) so they don't die immediately in the first 30 seconds of battle.
    Pretty much half the game is still broken. The economy sucks, companions are just rnd, diplomacy and ai in general could use a brain upgrade.

Also just wait until they manage to get the game stable enough for future generations to matter. They are also broken. Like the ai doesn't seem to marry ever. Or what are you going to recruit with all notables in villages/settlements dead from old age with no replacement?
  3. Why am I still broke?

I have 3 castles, 6 villages, 5 workshops and a caravan, all averaging around 100 denars a day, except for the caravan, that averages around 250-300. When I give my wife, brother and companion their own party and try to build a large army for myself to finally seige and take my first town, I am losing 2000 denars a day! I understand not getting rich off passive income but damn, it should at least come close to paying your wages.
    Cause castles are a moneysink. Unless you get insanely luck (and probably wait ages for it to rise) you'll loose way more money than you get from a castle even with a small garnison.
    Workshops barly pay anything at all (50-100 are normal).
    Leaves you with only a caravan to bring in money, they mostly do, but only a few 100 denar.

Atm your choices to make money are long time trading or doing the smithing exploit until you got a town.
  4. Losing Relation with Lords whom TRY to burn my villages

It constantly happens and it really sucks.
    I shouldn't lose relation because of the ai getting prevented from raiding.
  5. Will my missing Caravan Income come back? :-(

Workshops make barly any income. If you get 200 from you should be happy.

Caravans yield more, but are affected by war.
    Your caravan might got chased around or something.
  6. Gangs: World Feels Empty

I would love for them to flesh out gangs as they hinted in the old dev blogs, but I think we also need more minor factions in general. Like Deserters, Manhunters, Slavers - you could even make unique npcs capable of gathering their own parties
    It always bothered me that i as a king, well knowing who's a gangleader, can't do **** about them.
  7. Marrying BL to CK3

Ck2 seemed too hardcore for me even after a 6h run i couldn't figure stuff so i left it for good.

Copying some ideas is fine, but rather not a full merge.
  8. How do I know which mod works with new version

I'm sure 1.5.1 beta should still work the same once its no longer beta, chances are always that a hotfix might breaks a save but usually less likely.

A lot of mods aren't updated for 1.5.1.
    There is about one way that always works for mods.
    Start a new game with the mods and look if stuff breaks.
    If stuff breaks, remove mods until stable.

Chances are that you'd find a list of working mods in a discord (sorry, got none at hand).
  9. Hopefully 1.5.2 will add the ability to recruit lords with fiefs.

This is false my friend. It’s been one of my largest complaints, and has not yet been changed. You need the perk to do it. Last play through I recruited 6 clans and never had the option. My trade skill was below 50.

If you can provide evidence to back your claim, that would make me very happy to know I’m wrong.
    Only idea i got how it might did work is in that run i cheated a companion-govenor to 300 for testing and he somehow enabled it for me. I can recheck once i'm home, but i'm certain i'm still below 225 trade in said run and the trait shouldn't work as follower.

E: It seems like thats the case. My govenor is nowhere near me, the talent is listed as personal, not in my group and the only one in my clan with trade 200+. Funnily enough the perks is greyed out on him. Maybe bugged in some form.

E2: It seems bugged for some reason. I can just trade them for some reason.
    In this run i got nobody at high trade and can do it, i got only me (screen) and my wife (she got 20 trade). Maybe the cite editor broke in a way allowing it, even though i doubt it.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2221384492
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2221384463

E: I guess i figured. Hitting any of the 3 set stats causes all perks to become unlocked, despite beeing greyed out.
  10. Unify the Empire quest failed - Istiana died?

The other annoying thing is that I Lost that quest from 10 years from starting year quest time Limit, man in this Game you can't forge a Kingdom in 10 years, is So Grindy this Game.
    As of 1.5 you can found it in the kingdom tab.
    No big loss.
  11. War Camels and Elephants

The best counter should be skirmishers which are heavily represented in the game ... and as long as we implemented a system whereby the elephants could panic and trample their own men I think it would be interesting ...
    However I think they should be prohibitively expensive so that you’d only see one or two at most based on the size armies.
    Skirmisher could do damage, but it would drain a lot of ammo, depending on the amrmor and support the elephant got. A clean hit by some balista/scorpio or smiliar would do more. Both work, thats why i wrote "one of the best counters".

Also players would find a way to get around the cost. Or simply beeing able to pay it. Leaving you with hard caps that would work.
  12. Is Aim clan legacy?

well that doesnt really seem possible
    It depends on if they realize the steps needed and got the ability to implement them.
  13. Hopefully 1.5.2 will add the ability to recruit lords with fiefs.

You can pay with a fief but you need the perk.
    I'm not sure if you need the perk for that screen. Outsides of, yes.
    Actually i'm pretty confident that my char was way below 200 and could offer a fief in the bribe/convince/take over barter screen.
  14. Is Aim clan legacy?

They will still need some serious work for reaching the goal of multi generation play.

Once they made the map stable enough for, they'll meet the age issues. Not all clans even have kids, inportant npcs can die, village notables die and leave it w.o. recruits, dead clans getting fiefs and so on

my solution would be that once one faction owns like 70-80% of the map they essentially go the way of the empire and split into several different sub factions that then start fighting each other
    I'd like a solution that still allows you to paint the map.
  15. War Camels and Elephants

I'd say no to elephants. They would likely be op af as one of their best counters doesn't exist either (field arty). And i'm sure the ai couldn't handle either.

Currently camels are pretty pointless. I wouldn't mind better armor for them.
  16. Where to find good governors?

Husband/wife, adult brother/sister or engis. Other skills won't hurt, it just takes ages to get them to the needed level.
  17. Any tips for running down lords?

If you really need a specific lord, there's no other way w.o. cheating.
    Else why not just run around the map while trading and pick some lords while running?
  18. Looters are fine, yay or nay?

There are just way too many. My poor villagers are constantly getting chased by groups of 8 or 10, and I can't go chasing them all the time.

I wish they'd put a limit on how many 'brigand' parties can be in one area.
    For that i'd like an other fix.
    Its called patrols.
    You and your companions only can cover so much and its feels lile a waste of time to chase 20 looters around while you could command 300.
  19. SP - General Khuzait seem a bit too powerful

Even now after repeated successfull hits and sieges, they barly get stopped. I took their entire northline (they managed to invade the empire pretty deep) and they still are one of the most powerful faction, only vlandia and battania can match them powerwise.
    North and western empire are basicly gone (north managed to pull back from death), sturgia got torn apart (i did what the khuzait normally do), aserai is mostly passive outsides of losing Husn Fulqu to khuzait.

Vlandia got a lot more tame than in other runs, since i denied them most of sturgia.

Basicly losing those two fiefs didn't hurt them at all. Even my invasions can barly stop them unless i fully focus on them (and my vassals make sure i can't).
    The last thing is something i guess was made (by accident or intend) to stop snowballing a bit. My vassals think its a good idea to be at war with khuzait, vlandia and battania at the same time. They got around 15k powerrating combined while i barly scratch 8k with my mercs (who now demand exorbitant prices).
  20. Resolved Suicide by terrain

I just had a battle near Epinosa castle in the forrests (right next to avasinton). First thing i noticed was me losing a lot of cav and only seconds later i realised why. They all jumped off a cliff.
Back
Top Bottom