Search results for query: *

1. 19te Prussian Infantry, Going Strong Since 2011 Updated: January 25, 2016

Hello! I've got some players who would like to participate in one of your Friday public line battles. We're from the TEST Outfit gaming group at www.reddit.com/r/Testoutfit. I was wondering what your server rules are and what other information I would need to get my group up to speed so we could participate. I know Napoleonic Wars tends to have specific rules on things like formations, firing, and so forth and I'd like to make sure we get it right. Any information would be appreciated, thank you.
  2. I added new companions - Now default companions have the wrong dialogue!

Sorry, I've been awake too long and I'm having trouble formatting this sensibly.

I went through and added entries for all the new NPCs in module_strings.py and module_scripts.py

http://pastebin.com/hfFcNEJW - Modules_Scripts.py

And

http://pastebin.com/UaQKru7Z - Modules_Strings.py

Sorry I didn't put those up in the first place. Entering everything into Strings has me a little batty. Eitherway, I can't figure out what I screwed up that's causing all the NPCs to play madlibs and use the wrong dialogue. I just don't know the module system well enough yet, I guess. If you've got any ideas I'd appreciate hearing them. So far this error doesn't seem to be causing any problems beyond weird dialogue but I'd like to get it fixed if I can.

UPDATE -

Whatever the error is it only seems to apply to the original vanilla companions. And it is screwing up their recruiting dialogue after the second backstory block. So the first page of backstory is right and the second page of backstory is right but the third page is wrong - It goes to another NPCs dialogue.

And.... I'm going to go pass out because I have been awake far, far too long.
  3. I added new companions - Now default companions have the wrong dialogue!

I am attempting to add about 35 new companions all at once. Unfortunately I screwed something up - When I try to recruit default NPCs they're using the wrong dialogue. For instance - If I approach Bunduk and try to hire him he'll use Alayen's greeting, The Matheld's backstory 1 dialogue...
  4. Saving changes in edit mode?

Hey folks. I'm editing terrain and stuff in Edit mode, but I can't get my changes to stick. How do I save the scene? Okay, I've sort of got it... How do I get a horse in Edit mode so I can actually move around the map? I take it back, I've got no idea. Every third time it seems to work...
  5. Suggestion Thread

Lazlo, how open are you to having custom content for the mod? We could probably get some customized, distinctive gear together for the factions. I know I'd like to have faction colored tunics for serfs to help drive home the idea that serfs are sometimes on your team, which many knights seem unable to figure out.

If we make some nice custom costumes and gear would you be interested in using it?
  6. Request: Two Handed Axes

I'm in favor of more variety of weapons, though perhaps we could stick with the more conservative pole-axes and leave the seven foot long ones at home.
  7. Alternate Map possibilities: City, desert?

I was thinking about maps for PWmod. I thought to myself "Hey, it would be neat to have a map that was a single city, large, but smaller than the original PW map. You could replace the faction castles with fortified manners, have walls between the different city sections, and have bolt holes and...
  8. The Law

Sarashi said:
    bgfan said:
    it would certainly be nice to have some way of forcebly arresting criminals rather than having the need for them to come willingly.
    Yes. We need combine-stunsticks, clearly!
    No fun away, we need some kind of special "club" which can knock them out and they get into jail or sth.

I'd be all in favor of a 'go to jail' club.
  9. Looking for scene making tutorials, edit mode tutorials.

Oh. Right. Help button. I hadn't thought of that. Thank you! I'll just go do what I should have done in the first place, now.
  10. Taxes. What the hell, guys?

So you guys really like harassing people who can't fight back, huh?

Gee, and here I thought the whole appeal of being part of a faction was going to war with other factions. Guess I totally missed the point. Just went right over my head. I guess I'll start bullying people who can't fight back next time I load the server.
  11. Looking for scene making tutorials, edit mode tutorials.

Hey folks. I'm making scenes and I'm having a bit of trouble with edit mode. Is there any documentation that explains how to place and manipulate props, what all the edit mode hot keys are, things like that? I would really appreciate some help.
  12. Suggestion Thread

I don't know how attached you are to the castles, but might I suggest a re-design of the various castles? Right now each of them is enormous. The green castle, especially, is difficult to navigate, with important areas distributed all the way from the top of the castle to the tunnels. I believe smaller, more compact castles would be much better for playability and usability. Plus it feels sort of silly to have a massive fortress when you only have a handful of players in your faction.

Even if you don't want to redo the castles, I would really appreciate a re-design of the green castle. It's a huge walk from the tunnels all the way up to the roof.
  13. Suggestion Thread

Mishkin said:
    It is my view that town watch is basically the same as being a bandit, they believe because they are town watch they can kill anyone they want for any reason they want.

Oh no! The police are corrupt?! Big surprise there.

You need someone with some charisma to reign in the Guard. Last time I played the Guard I spent most of my time chasing bandits out of town and patrolling back and forth to the mines.

Also, serfs should think about joining a faction and calling on that faction to protect them from Bandits and the Town Guard if need be. Faction players need to drop the stupid 'taxes' routine and protect their serfs until they've got enough cash to arm up and play as soldiers.

That said, having some kind of NPC 'tax collector' that would store money and allow a faction leader or town mayor to withdraw money would be helpful. Have a chest centrally located in each castle and each city. Every time you use the chest it deducts 2k and sends a server wide 'so and so has paid taxes to [faction]' message.
  14. Taxes. What the hell, guys?

Whenever anyone turns in a trade good a silver coin pops up on the other side of the counter. You want a cut? Sit someone's ass at that counter and have them collect the coins. Bingo! You get income and you can stop being a pain in the ass about 'taxes'. Secondly, how the hell do you expect...
  15. The Law

Splintert said:
    the problem with this is... the town guards and stuff of the time were mostly corrupt, taking bribes from bandits and performing crimes themselves. Today we live in a world protected by these laws, back then they had law but no one to enforce it.

No one said you had to be an honest cop. Also, a short history on law. In Europe, for the most part, Law was enforced either by nobles, on other nobles, or it was sorted out amongst the commoners. In Northern Europe there were was a meeting of all men of a certain class that would decide legal issues, lay down judgments, and if need be send out a posse to bring in murderers. China had something that we could reasonably call cops a thousand years ago or more. Rome used to empower guys to go pursue legal matters on their own. If you wanted justice you went and got the guy who wronged you and dragged him in front of a court.

So, yeah, there has always been something like law enforcement. Uniformed police? Not so much. But something.

I suppose I should point out that unless someone is making a damned nuisance of themselves all 'crimes' are absolved with death. If someone dies their rap sheet is cleared. Pretend it's their suspiciously identical cousin Ted.
  16. DOWNLOAD PREVIOUS VERSION v3.5B Changelist + History

Personally, I wouldn't mind a re-design of the Green Castle. It's really hard to move through, takes forever to get from one part to another. It's cool to have the big imposing fortress thing going, but a more simply constructed castle would make it much smoother for game play.
  17. The Law

Suggested Laws for the Town Guards 1. Assault Assault is any attempted or actual attack on a person. - Assault of a serf or peasant: fine of 500d paid to the Faction that Peasant belongs to. If the assault is against a free peasant then the fine is paid to the guard. - Assault of a...
  18. Bandits. They have trouble robbing you.

Bandits can't carry trade goods back to their hide out. This makes it difficult for them to rob people. The guys in the RCC server got around it by kidnapping people back to their hide out, but it'd be nice if they could pick up trade goods.
  19. Salt mine?

It really was. There's a reason I'm still playing it.
  20. DOWNLOAD PREVIOUS VERSION v3.5B Changelist + History

Laszlo said:
    [size=11pt]Version 3 Released - VERSION 1.127 COMPATIBLE

<3
Back
Top Bottom