Search results for query: *

1. the_hajji

Beta Patch Notes e1.7.0

Seems like a nice patch. Has anyone tested the siege fixes yet? Those fixes have been iffy before due to the complexity and number of siege scenes in relation with the pathfinding AI.
    Also am I right to understand that as of right now 70 something "sectors" on the map are unique scenes within the battle terrain system, while those outside of these sectors are just utilizing the usual random map selection?
  2. the_hajji

Thanks for 500 hours... SO FAR (personal post, pls ignore)

997 hours in kinda bored atm even modded just not feeling it this patch
    lololol
  3. the_hajji

SP - General Too much Intercultural Marriage.

It wasn't uncommon in medieval Europe but I'm not aware if this was a practice with different religious groups. I'm aware of some Byzantine/Western European States' alliances that were back up with marriages but no more than that. There is no religion in M&B so no further discussion based on that... Calradia reminds me of Westeros and all those clans that intermingle people to form alliances. I will stick to that. Works for me.
    The Byzantines sometimes married their daughters to Turkic allies. Most famously with the Ottoman Khan Orhan marrying a Byzantine princess.
  4. the_hajji

Rambo should always be a part of captain to an extent

Lemme explain. If you aren't aware enough not to be on the end of my Lance then you deserve to die and I deserve the kill. You can't just walk out in front of your units and let me know that I can cut the head off the snake by easily killing a noob captain and preventing him from giving his unit orders.
    Who is complaining about cav rambos killing the PC? Certainly not me. It's their clear abuse of the dog**** AI thats the issue at hand.
  5. the_hajji

We still need friendly fire in sieges.

I saw a video on YouTube where team damage had been enabled for a clan siege match. it ran fine.
  6. the_hajji

Need More Info Could not destroy your old session

Just experienced this myself. It looked like the server crashed but it didnt end itself. Alt F4 let me close the game but I could not log back in.
  7. the_hajji

MP Captain Mode: Design Flaws and How to Get Around Them

Very good feedback. My biggest priority list with captains right now though;

1. Fix 'Ramboing'. Come up with a solution that makes it impossible - or adds risk to it. It would be a shame if we have to go back to NW style of self-enforcing via kicking.
    2. Give us a bigger/open map - the tiny city fights look great but they will always degenerate into mass infantry fights. If you want archers to act like archers & cav to act like cav they need room to move. Infantry will always have it's place.
    3. Balance - Battania really is rubbish right now (IMPO); this does need addressing.
    I agree with you completely. But I feel like the devs will probably fix the ramboing/turning shields/riding horses captain issues pretty easily. Im just worried the bigger design flaws ive mentioned will go unnoticed and the game will keep microadjusting instead of fixing the big structural issues:sad:
  8. the_hajji

Question about troops armor

I'm talking about tier 5 troops which easy to recruit, noble troops are rare for me, only have some with luck

Yes, but i just want the look they had before, even if they nerf their armor's number it's still fine for me. I love them from the first day i played this game.
    I agree they looked very cool I was sad that they made them almost identical to the unit below them. I also miss what the Faris looked like before they made it look weird.
  9. the_hajji

Good feedback mate, the point is that the bulk of your exposition has been suggested since the fan had access to this mode; I say this to you in a resigned tone, not as a reproach ? ? .

Perhaps @Ling* can give you more information and comment on his impressions in this regard.
    I am very happy to hear I am not in the minority here haha. Thank you for reading through my little tirade. I would appreciate any and all feedback of course, and if these concerns have been compiled elsewhere I'd love to put my support behind it to add to the tally of forum posters calling for a change. :smile:
  10. the_hajji

@the_hajji I was referring about OP statement that mameluke heavy calvary was the only heavy cavalry of aserai
    Ah I see. Nonetheless none of them are particularly heavy in comparison with other factions cav units, so buffing the mamluke heavy cav w the helmet would be fine imo.
  11. the_hajji

What about aserai faris?
    I think they got nerfed as well.
  12. the_hajji

Hello everyone. I wanted to make a couple suggestions as to Captain Mode. I had about 500 hours in the beta last year and i have probably around half of that for the EA game, (I had to take a break for school). So I have a pretty good understanding of the development of the game mode so far. I’m...
  13. the_hajji

MP Captain mode - Lightly armored archers slower than full gear shield units? Archers are on average very weak and unrealistic/immersion breaking

there was a time when 6 bowmen was the meta... those were dark days...

Yeah... it's all a balancing act - though honestly I still love captains mode; and at least we see somewhat diverse armies now instead of mass peasants or mass cavalry.

This I think is only due to the maps - they are so damn tight that it is easy for infantry to move up unmolested.

Give us a big open field and archers will go to town on non-shielded units.
    oh lord the archer meta of the winter of 2019...

anyway all the problems with archers rn seem to be map related like u said. tho their quality also dropped following the change in aiming if i remember correctly
  14. the_hajji

I second this. Visually there is little difference between the Mamluke Cavalry and Mamluke Heavy Cavalry
  15. the_hajji

They don't actually care. Its just trolls who are salty about NA skirm being dead so they throw a tantrum and try to ruin the rest of the gamemodes.

It doesn't really matter anyway. TW are also really salty after they got 3-0'd by rambo players in captain league, so they are explicitly anti-rambo now. But some players are worried they might go too far and turn the game into essentially third person total war (which nobody wants). The question is not whether or not rambo should be removed, but how it should be removed.
    Ah I see. I haven't been on the forums for nearly a year so I wasn't aware of the details. I think its pretty brilliant that these skirmish players were able to point out a glaring hole in the game mode. And now that the devs are aware of it I'm sure they'll fix it eventually. No matter how much trial and error it takes.
    I'm personally in favor of the reduced damage output for cav when ur troops r too far from u, so that you can still scout and cap on ur own but you cant just rambo an entire team.
  16. the_hajji

I really don't understand the perspective of those who think ramboing shouldnt be removed. What meaningful gameplay element does ramboing provide that captain mode as a game mode fundamentally needs? I haven't really played since the beta but the captain mode i remember was about troop placement and team work, not parking ur units somewhere and then going ham on ur own.
    Admittedly it is pretty funny and I'm glad some people enjoy it, but the majority of people who play the game mode are against it, and despite what the game incentivizes mechanically the devs clearly weren't intending on it becoming a major aspect of the gameplay.
    So whatever fixes need to be done to remove it should be done. I personally dont care whether its the tether or the increased respawn speed or decreased damage or whatnot.
  17. the_hajji

skull

They had a hotfix that removed the crush through feature for most weapons. I read it and it said something around the lines of lowering the opacity and duration of those death markers.
  18. the_hajji

Khuzait Nomad

Why do people even bringing up skirmish, lol only 30 or so people playing that mode. I only suggested this for siege and tdm. If menav cav exist so can glaive nomad, get triggered.
    The fact that Empire faction has three different units, including the courser, with access to menavlions is not a good thing. It's the dev's mistake in making such a piss poor decision in the first place.
  19. the_hajji

Khuzait Nomad

If anything glaives and menavlions on horseback need removed until they fix the absolutely wonky as **** animations and hitboxes and damage radius.
    Absolutely. Your insane if you think giving another troop in the game a polearm is gonna fix the balance. The fact that the nomad can have a lance now is an incredible improvement as is. All light cavalry should have the lance option to make up for their **** armor.
  20. the_hajji

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.5

• Khan’s Guard
      • Default sword Ild is changed to Heavy Ild
      • Troop Count is increased from 9 to 11.
      • Speed is decreased from 74 to 73.
    Are you guys serious. Is the only heavy archer unit not to receive an armor nerf the most op heavy archer unit in the game? Can you guys please just split skirmish and captain mode units. You guys have been trying to make this work for a year now if you consider the beta, and it doesn't ****ING work. Just split them please. Why are you so insistent on this bad build, would it be that difficult to split the two from one another that you're forced to hopscotch around, trying to balance the two of them together, ultimately ruining the faction balance in captain to the point of no return.
    Captain mode is literally the only thing multiplayer has going for it. It is the only game mode that is legitimately unique and fun. Please make drastic changes as to the structure of the gameplay, such as unit caps, or the separation of skirmish and captain units, and definitely a complete rebalance of the units available to each faction. These slight changes might be fixing skirmish, I have no idea, but they are fundamentally counter intuitive to the initial understanding of asymmetric balance in captain mode.
    I haven't played captain mode since the school year started cause I was so discouraged by the faction balance. I want to be able to play this game-mode when winter break rolls around. And if it continues like this I will not.
Back
Top Bottom