Search results for query: *

1. SadShogun

Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

I think I can conclude the geography is playing much bigger role in 1.8.0. Is this cause of the defection bug? I prefer to have a save and check values to make that conclusion. If I were to make a speculation, I would say there is an issue with this part of the c
    This is indeed correct, while there are other contributing factors to defection the geographical advantage calculation affects the defection scores most. It is a simplified method to measure empire "expanse" i.e. if an empire is spread too thin / if it has "enclaves" etc. but it's simplicity creates some wild values in many unwanted cases.
    We are looking into tweaking the geographical advantage modifier to something more stable.
  2. SadShogun

SP - General Change AI behavior when leveling up infantry.

See this is what im curious about now. @SadShogun are armies being formed with specialization in mind? My guess is they don't but they really should. Until the AI can create sensible armies, specialization will just feel bad and make the AI seem dumb. I really like troop specialization but if we cant get AI armies to create balanced armies then we should go back to balanced parties.
    Armies currently do not consider the party specializations when forming their ranks. However each party should have small amounts of misc. troops to smooth this out. Specialization does not make very visible difference when we apply a 75 specialized to 25 randomized composition.
    What can be an improvement is to distribute the specializations more evenly across the kingdoms.
    Also the specializations for some heroes will be more generic (instead of one or two troops, it will go to a certain troop type(cavalry, ranged, etc) instead.
  3. SadShogun

Information about developments at snowballing problem

@SadShogun have you guys noticed yet that kingdoms wont make armies to fight rebellions if they are at peace with all other kingdoms?

They will attack a rebelled city if they have an existing army like when at war but wont create them during peace. So the rebellion goes untouched. Pretty sure this has a big part to play in the increased rebel clans.

I got a 10 minute vid of a city rebelling against the strongest kingdom that happens to be at peace without an army and 10 minutes later the rebels become a clan because no army was ever formed to take back the city. Let me know if you want it or the save.
    I will check if we can address this issue, though it would cause a lot more rebellions to fail. (Though it can be balanced in some other way)
  4. SadShogun

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Dungeons

Seperate limits for the regular troops and lords is a nice idea I will bring this up internally.
    Thank you!
  5. SadShogun

The strategic AI is still making really bad decisions at times in 1.8.0 and needs work when multiple armies are in the fray

Hi,
    We are investigating the issue, if you have any saves when this kind of situation happens could you please forward them to our ticket system Support Tickets as this helps us to pinpoint issues much faster. You can ignore the hardware specs and similar extra stuff for this topic.
    Thank you for your feedback!
  6. SadShogun

Lords I recruit just keep leaving the kingdom I am in

I agree there's something like this. However in 1.7-1.7.2 I could make unlimited wanderer vassal clans (no defection), but past a certain amount (as you say high teens or 20ish clans) all AI clans would give refusal statement regardless of money or situation.
    @Duh_TaleWorlds @SadShogun I know there's a bug related to this topic being looked into, but if there's other mechanics/rules related to max amount of clans in a faction, I'd like to know them.
    The likelihood of clans want to stay in kingdoms (or non-likelihood to defect them) actually depends on number of clans, but as far as I know there is no hard limit. Each extra clan makes it harder to recruit more lords as you said.
  7. SadShogun

I only have year 4, 9, 14, and 20 for test 2, the defections seem to start to happen between years 4 and 9 but the majority of them seem to happen after year 9. Going to drop yall 4, 9 and 14. Will get you some more when i run another test later today.

Ticket submitted.
    Thanks a lot @Blood Gryphon we will analyze what's causing the problem.
  8. SadShogun

I haven't made this assumption yet because armies also cooperate in defending sieges as well now. This is why you don't see much happen in the first 5 years.

The biggest anomaly so far in 1.8.0 compared to other versions is the high defection rate. The weirdest part is clans in kingdoms that are winning are defecting as well, which makes me think there is a bug with it. Also I can tell you that defections are the fastest way to snowballing, one of the big reasons snowballing came down in the past is that defections essentially stopped.
    Hey @Blood Gryphon, can you send a "natural" save file before mass defections happen? You may submit it using our ticket system. Thank you!
  9. SadShogun

[1.8.0} Nobles are not putting prisoner lords in towns/castles...Cannot Do Prison Breaks

We are aware of this bug and it will be fixed in a future patch.
    Thank you for reporting!
  10. SadShogun

Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

The beta version is very interesting. But I hope that in the future, the developers will fix the clans so that they don't move to other kingdoms so often (I lost 7 clans in four days, although I had 90+ relationships with them and each had 2-3 cities). :grin: ?
    Can you send us a save regarding this defection?
    Actually we would love to have saves regarding this defection situation. As it currently stands I believe it is unintended.
  11. SadShogun

Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

I wonder about armor stats in simulations. It seems like in auto calculate looters are still able to repeated kill tier 2+ units too easily. Does the the new armor stats work in simulations like sending troops?
    Armor only increases survival rates. (i.e. getting wounded instead of killed). They do not change combat stats when calculating the auto-battles.
  12. SadShogun

Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

Anyone else coming across a bug where I'm losing all blacksmithing patterns everytime I exit the game?
    Hey, what do you mean by losing blacksmith patterns? Do you mean you lose all of your unlocked crafting pieces?
  13. SadShogun

Increase workshop levels

I think I talked to @SadShogun about the economy months ago that it is an issue especially with caravans and workshops so I do understand that delay getting economy fixed. Do you know if that is the reason that workshops arent being touched are i terrible shape, worse its been since about 1.1 Half the shops need work badly, especially after the horrible decision to make wine and oil non consumable which could have been esily fixed increased village production and slightly increasing workshop production to those shops are trash no
    Flesson19 is right, there will be an update regarding caravan behavior, production and workshop adjustments, which is completed and its being tested for deployment. In this new version generally workshops are much more profitable and also not every workshop has to be same to maximize profit. (heh breweries)
  14. SadShogun

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops I hate other lords summoning my companion parties

So what happened with this?
    This is implemented, however not as a request but instead, when you select a stance for your party, namely the defensive stance, your parties will not join to armies.
  15. SadShogun

Poor Design Logic - War Decisions?

Its really just the difference between being a vassal and being a king. If you were king this would not be an issue at all, you would of been able to decline the northern empires offer and then deal with the aserai's offer.

As a vassal you dont have much say or control and whether or not you clicked that message a vote would have occured after a day and the AI would have accepted it, because in reality the enemy AI's offer is calculated as an acceptable one by your faction when they send it. They will not send an offer that your AI will decline. You only get offers that are acceptable, which is why 100% of your lords want it. So im almost positive even if you had accepted the Aserai offer first you would still have peaced out with NE. My guess is that your kingdom also made peace with Aserai after peacing with NE. Although I'm curious to know if that actually happened.

I think a potential solution to this whole participating in essentially rigged votes is to have the AI start votes or send offers that are not already essentially decided. Like let the AI start sending offers once its 30-70% acceptable, so that the players choice as a vassal actually makes a difference and feels like you are participating. Another approach would be to let players spend influence to sway the opinion of other vassals.

@SadShogun any thoughts on how to improve these types of situations as a vassal?
    I like your potential solution of having a 70% acceptance rate to increase the sway the player has on peace agreements. We already calculate a peace agreement that would be accepted by all players so calculating one which requires a 30% decline rate should be possible.

Of course, I have not thought it through yet and there might be other mechanisms that make this very hard to implement or balance.
    Thank you for this great suggestion!
  16. SadShogun

1.7.2. Wanderer not spawning

They said in patch that it will take some time to pass in game before more wanderers will spawn. I tried waiting for about 2 weeks and didn't see anymore spawn, but I don't really know what they mean by equalize. @SadShogun I assume this under your direction, if say there's 35-40 wanderers in the world will it still spawn more or do some need to die before more can spawn? A problem players often have is all the wanderers are really sucky, so it's not good if we're stuck with 40 rotten apples until they start to die.
    • Implemented a new companion spawn behaviour that will try to equalise the available companions in the game. This fixes a bug that caused companions to be hard to find during late game (in-game time has to pass to equalise companions in older saves).
    The number of companions in the game is limited by the number of towns multiplied by 0.6
    Companion Limit = 0.6 x 53 = ~31
    Currently, there is no mechanic which "changes" them but only moves them around to different towns. I will bring this issue to the team. I think it would make sense to have some of the companions change over time.

Thank you for bringing this up!
  17. SadShogun

they have to fix army's supply of food

AI army food-buying behavior is one of the reasons that the game lacks strategic depth, and one of the reasons why I stopped streaming bannerlord (for now)

AI armies just walk in circles buying food--they are really only capable of taking 1 fief a war. The player can literally ignore the enemy armies and just march from town to town winning sieges. There's no reason to keep playing a game when the AI is so handicapped that it can't offer any challenge whatsoever.

Fixing this issue should be a top priority.
    We are currently aware of this issue and working on a more general fix on improving army behavior overall. The main issue regarding the food is mostly solved however there are other issues creating unwanted/non-realistic (and frustrating to the player) behavior. These are currently being worked on and will be deployed when ready.
  18. SadShogun

How do destroy kingdom in 1.7.0?

You'd be surprised how much impact the mercenaries have on the ability for a kingdom that still has some land and clans in it to make a comeback , it is a good feature in that sense.

@SadShogun what are your thoughts about kingdoms dissolving once it gets down to just the ruling clan with no lands at all? At that point there is little to no chance of them rebuilding their kingdom even with mercenaries, so I think it be fair to consider them defeated.

The question then becomes, what do we do with ruling clans that dissolve their kingdom? I've got a few ideas.
    1. Maybe once they lose all lands and are the only clan left, they can then be recruited by another kingdom and once that happens their kingdom dissolves.
    2. Maybe after some time period (2 - 4 seasons) of being a solo clan with no lands, they become mercenaries.
    3. If you didn't want to keep them in the game, remove them from the game and pop a message that says they have left the lands to return to their homelands or to start a new life in a different place.
    This is something we are thinking on, the death/disappearance of the kingdoms. I do not have a clear idea on how it would be conducted though. For kingdoms to die, I believe there should be a way for new kingdom's to emerge as well yet this is a complicated process demanding high development and quality assurance effort.

One idea we have is that the kingdoms which "dissappeared" can reappear with certain conditions or events (such as low loyalty in several of that kingdoms original towns at the same time, or maybe "successful" rebellions can claim the ownership of the fall kingdom etc. Still these are hypothetical. Reducing them to mercenaries also requires a way for them to climb back up or there would be unwanted game states where all former clans are mercenary clans etc.

However I believe that original problem with destroying kingdom discussion stems from the fact that they keep spawning and returning to battle endlessly because of the way spawn mechanic works. Perhaps the spawn mechanic can be adjusted to reduce the strength / delay the spawn of the new parties created. So that the player does not have to micro manage and kill each member of the kingdom's clans.
  19. SadShogun

Mysterious "Debts" item appeared in a player's finances mid-war. What causes it?

If the faction is paying mercenaries or tribute, each clan has to pay the share of the mercenary or the tribute. I the player has not enough gold to pay this share, then it will be written off as debt which will be paid as time goes on. (Directly deduced from the income)
  20. SadShogun

they have to fix army's supply of food

I think the main problem is that when an army is formed they only check if the parties they summon have enough troops, there doesnt seem to be a check on food. It would be nice if before joining an army a party would prepare, buy food and recruits, itself before heading to that army. Right now it seems lords head straight to the army once summoned and then the army tries to gather enough food once its together but its burning resources at the same time its looking for more so its just a never ending cycle. If i remember correctly warband armies worked by having a preparation phase of a marshals summon. If a preparation phase cant be implemented then id almost rather have armies disbanded once they are starving instead of waiting for cohesion to run out.

@SadShogun what are your thoughts on the subject?
    Currently we are aware of an issue regarding the food buying behavior which causes armies to ignore possible locations to buy food. I believe if there are more complaints with the army behavior we can look more deeply into this food buying issue. I agree that while it should be possible to starve an army, having no food should not be a common occurrence for army's reason of retreat.
Back
Top Bottom