Search results for query: *

• Users: tane
  • Order by date
  1. SP - General Bring back Camps

Depending on what is added to the game later on, it could also be interesting to be able to leave your party camping somewhere and leave alone or only with your companions and/or a few chosen troop in a very small party with a maximum of 20 units or so, including yourself.

For example, in a recent reply on my post about splitting the relations system into 3 different Relation Gauges, I mentioned and suggested the possibility of creating the need of diplomatically requesting for Military Access to Clans and Kingdoms so as not to lose Clan Affinity or International Relations with them.
    So you'd either send for a messenger requesting for a conference or leave your party or your army camping outside of their borders, leave the camp with your companions and/or a small group of troops totaling no more than 20 units including yourself, meet with the Leader or King of that territory to request for Military Access and then go back to the camp and resume control of your party/army.
    In case you requested for a conference and it got accepted, a quest would be created stating when and where that conference would be held, and if it were to be inside their territory, you'd also have to leave your party/army camped somewhere and go with only a small group of troops.
    +1
  2. Big Improvement for MP

But in Captain K/D does not play a major role it`s the team play and how squads work together like in total war.
    They really should remove stats until ranked, or put it separately from each other Stats for Skirmish and Stats for Captain.
    Right now we don't have even ranked so it does not count,multi is not priority it goes to SP so we just have to wait.
  3. Big Improvement for MP

Well for that they are going to build ranked games so you wont see them.
    About Captain it still needs skill not as individual but as a team play and strategy its like playing total war arena but third\first person.
    I understand that Skirmish is favorite by old folks\veterans, but god damn you are making Captain like its the ultimate amoeba go to.
    I think that "Don't pair again with him" feature will kill the multi even faster, just wait for the ranked system.
  4. SP - General Bring back Camps

Like the OP suggest camps should even go further than in Warband.
    I want to block chocepoints on the campaign map with my camp. Let me go hunting.
    I like that idea pathfinding with archery, or crossbow skill can give you meat leather or pelts sounds dope
  5. SP - General Bring back Camps

Yes, camps should make a return. They would also be a cool battle map for when you attack/your camp gets attacked. And OFC the powerful stronghold permanent camps of VC would be fantastic. Particularly in a game with "Romans," who used strongholds all the time in their conquests, the empowered camps would be perfect for the setting.
    I am not sure about permanent camp, but really good fortified is a great idea,
  6. MP Unbalanced two handed cavalry. ("World Destroyer")

If it`s captain use archer they melt them down,if its skirmish again use archers.
    I agree that if the player knows what he is doing they are op, but nefring them to oblivion will not solve it,rising the price in skirmish seems to me more suited
  7. Taleworlds? Are you there?

Sadly that's true. When the Beta came to an end and I did my recap I noticed that Big rants usually got some dev feedback.
    That doesn't mean devs always ignore friendly feedback but they aren't really vocal there.
    Because most of the time it becomes chimp throwing s.hit competition. and it evolves to a mega katamari thread.
    Devs have no other choice and they post some response to chill them .
  8. SP - General Players cannot be blacksmiths, it does not make sense.

If a s.hity blacksmith from bohemia became men-at-arms
    So why warrior can not be blacksmith.
    on top of that it's side hobby like building ships out of matches.
  9. Taleworlds? Are you there?

These exact threads are created atleast once a week with the same replies. If you want communication, it's best you search on other threads before making a new one. I'll reply and give an explanation for all of them.
    Servers? - The only one I don't really know about, although they've provided I believe a Siege server and TDM server for OCE, unsure as to why they've not included MM servers.

Battle? - They said they're working on a single-life mode, but will share the similar class system, so 'Battle' is probably coming but there's no ETA on that.

Duels? - It's coming, there's no ETA on that either, but it's coming.

Dedicated servers? - It's coming, they said around the end of EA.

Maps? - When the beta started, there were two skirmish maps, now they've got plenty for all modes including siege. They'll obviously add more during EA.

Balance? - Well, they keep changing troop stats, it's just clearly not enough, but it'll come eventually.

I think the real issue is the combat at the moment, and there's been loads of discussion in the 'Combat' section of multiplayer feedback. If they've given us the detail of 'it's coming but no ETA', it still means it's in development, it's just unfinished and they don't know when it'll come, be patient.
    +1
    You are so right
    People even forget how many times they were hearing the feedback and adding new stuff in the beta and the EA.
    I remember before the EA they were working on new fight mechanic even Armagan was writing about it on the forum
    Everyone began to sperg about it and they rolled it back,so they do hear.
    But right now most on the focus is on SP.
    Over the beta they change lots of things and even now they are working on mp as well but the majority of time is dedicated on Sp
  10. This is pathetic

As i said in beta.
    I think the new combat system is way better then in warband.
    The speed is slower and the combat does not look like people on crack
  11. SP - General Bring back Camps

I'm a huge fan of Viking Conquest, so I really wish we get a modified version of the hideout/camp/troop quarter system from that in Bannerlord.

We already have to build siege camp, so building a camp as a temporary base of operation would be really nice. In my head, it would work like this:

- You spend sometime building a camp, after that you can rest, heal faster than just waiting outside, train troops, do other stuffs, talk and interact with other commanders in your army, etc.. (speaking of which, how dumb it is that you cannot skill up and change the equipment of your companions by talking to them when they are in their own parties... They are right there! Why even restrict levelling up companions to the ones in your party in the first place? I seriously have little to no interaction with more than half of my companion roster!)

- You can leave troops in the camp and go out with only a small band of men (similar to how Troop quarter works in VC). You need to leave a commander behind (whether companion or vassal). If you leave them for too long, they start to desert the camp, the time is modified by your companion's and your own Leadership skill. Also camp can be attacked and seized. This is to prevent the camp from being a permanent base of operation that can be left behind on their own indefinitely.

- Add this ability for AI, too. So if they have a lot of wounded troops, they would set up camp and rest, and you can choose to attack them in their camp.

- You can choose to pack up the camp or leave it behind to come back later, so you don't have to build it again. Maybe the empty camp would be fine for a day or two, but would start to deteriorate over time, and you have to fix it. Maybe, both the player and the AIs can take over empty camp! For example, a resting army spot a much larger army, so they just take off and run away, without dismantling their camp, which fall into the hand of their enemy.

- Limit the number of camp at a time. Maybe you have to buy camping supply, a full pack of tents, bedding, etc.., that weight a ton, so you can't bring a lot of them. Or just straight up limit you to 1 camping supply at a time. So if you want a camp elsewhere, you have to pack up and get the camping supply back.

...This is a lot to ask, isn't it..
    Really good suggestion i love it, i was writing something similar with the deteriorate thing.
    As i said it adds so much, especially if your faction does not have any perks in winter, so you can just winter in the camp and go again in summer.
  12. SP - General Bring back Camps

I agree I would like to see the return of camps in some form.
    +1
  13. SP - General Bring back Camps

I think camps would be a great feature, especially if there was an intersection with the Medicine and Scouting skills.Maybe even things you can train or purchase to upgrade your camp to intersect with the Smithing or Sieging skills.
    And it will add much more to the companion system
  14. SP - General Bring back Camps

+1

It would be awesome if you could also upgrade your camp.

Maybe something like
    Better tents -> morale boost while camping
    Better healing tent -> when camping boost to healing process while camping
    Better fortifications -> some defence structures if attacked while camping.
    etc

I'm also been thinking about some kind permanent camps or hideouts for you to build and upgrade if you wanna play that kind of nomad role. :cool:
    It will be nice, on top of that if you have really high engineering skill you'll have an option to build a fort, that will take some time to build like siege preparation.
    if you leave it for several days it will deteriorate and destroy it self.
  15. SP - General Bring back Camps

Yes, that was kind of what you could do in Viking Conquest, which was well thought and executed. Being able to do that enabled you to have your own frail and crappy castle before being able to conquer one. Like a very important step on the way to chiefdom.
    Yes i wish they would do something like that in bannerlord
  16. SP - General Bring back Camps

This was probably the feature I was looking for the most in the beginning.
    I always like to camp if I'm waiting for something but I think it's a habit thing that has to do with old morale system.
    Same it adds so much to the RP like building winter camp so you could wait to spring
  17. SP - General Bring back Camps

Wait.. Isn't it there? Man it is a wrong decision.
    Unfortunately no that`s why i created this thread
  18. SP - General Bring back Camps

This was probably the feature I was looking for the most in the beginning.
    I always like to camp if I'm waiting for something but I think it's a habit thing that has to do with old morale system.
    On top of that it adds so much to the RP
  19. SP - General Bring back Camps

How about allowing you to fortify your Camp and get some Engineering experience while we're at it? Sort of like the IRL Roman tendency to be able to instantly throw up pallisade forts everywhere as we saw over and over again in Caesar's campaigns?

Would be interesting if a party that saw an enemy coming that they couldn't outfight and couldn't outrun, the AI would set up a fortified camp ASAP. Would certainly give the Khuzait issues.
    Yea will be great to see that!
  20. SP - General Bring back Camps

Yes this would be awsome, imagine so much stuff you could do in a camp like, drilling armies, go hunt if you lack food, random events and ambushes by bandits and like someone said that you could ambush others, maybe even add a mechanic to trade with strangers aproaching your camp like bandits or something.
    I think they are working on it.
    Back then it was core mechanic as well, you could read even books and learn new stuff, i wounder if books will be back as well.
Back
Top Bottom