Search results for query: *

1. alieser

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops 📁 Creative Unit Aesthetics - archive

hey everyone, i have a little annoucement to make and figured this thread would be the best place to do so. today is my last day at taleworlds after almost 4 years and i wanted to thank everyone in the community who participates is this goldmine of a thread over the years. especially @Piconi and @Terco_Viejo with whom i had constant communication over the years. they helped solidify a brilliant vision for bannerlord's armor and costume art, and i've only tried my best to realize it.
    thank you again if you've shared your ideas and inspirations in this thread, even though it might have felt unheard, i can assure you that it never was. i hope everyone of you also share my enjoyment as each one of these designs keep being added to the game.
    cheers
    ali
  2. alieser

Bannerlord 2: Authentic African Face

Bump, we've added short afro with the 1.4.3 update,
    Would love to hear your feedback @FlowingJade
  3. alieser

In Progress [BETA e1.1.0] Characters are very dark in Character/Inventory/Party/Clan screens

Can you try recalibrating brightness and exposure from the options menu?
  4. alieser

Beta Branch e1.1.0

lol .. loaded up a new beta game and all the NPCs are big fat asses!
    Hey, thanks for the feedback.
    This will be fixed as soon as possible
  5. alieser

[e1.1.0] Beta Feedback Thread

Having an issue with overly obese units.

Hey, this issue will be fixed as soon as possible.
    Thanks for the feedback
  6. alieser

Obese soldiers

Sorry about this, my bad.
    Will be fixed as soon as possible
  7. alieser

Why does the Armory still looks HORRIBLE?

If even the UI is brighter, it might be because of the newly implemented brightness and exposure calibration options.
    Check out those in the options menu, try to readjust them.
  8. alieser

Modding Inspiration Thread (Brainstorm with me)

Ok, my dream mod is a total conversion mod based on Frank Hebert's Dune.
    The game would take place in Arrakis, the desert planet.
    The faction/clan system of the base game would fit nicely to have all the families and cultures from the books.
    One could have all the troops like different Fremen warriors, elite Sardaukars, Atreides soldiers etc.
    The combat system would fit perfectly to include melee sword fights, ranged blaster fights and shields converted to Holtzman Shields.
    One could also try to switch the mounted cavalry of the base game to the hovercrafts and ornicopters etc. (i dont know if that would work lol)

During the campaign map gameplay, the characters would be mounted on the above-mentioned flying engines, navigating the dunes of Arrakis.
    I would personally choose the timeline of the book 'Children of Dune' so that some parts of the planet had ungerdone the climate change, blossoming with green flora near the water.
    Imagine all the city scenes of Fremen underground caverns, regular Fremen orgies, newly formed surface cities etc.
    Chilling in a damp Fremen tavern with your blue eyed lads, smoking up melange would a a memorable event for sure.
    One could create melange mines on the campaign map which would be like castle fiefs from the base game where one would need to lay sieges to acquire, and then they would need to create safe caravan routes to bring the melange back to the cities, which would create the much needed "Spice flow"
    Melange would be the most important currency in the game, if you were low on melange your cities and troops would slowly fade into chaos, and a well melange-fed army would carry some perks with them.
    Don't even get me started about the sandworm encounters that you would have to engage in around your melange mines, to protect them.

Please don't consider this post as a developer post, since I'm not even sure if all these features can be modded and are supported by our engine.
    But daamn, I'd play the **** out of this.
  9. alieser

im not in front of my computer right now, so take the following with a grain of salt.

I vaguely recall the two darker skitones looked a little blue in the editor lighting. I feel like there should be a little more red in there. Although maybe it only feels that way because there’s no subsurface scattering in the skin material, not sure.

one thing for sure though though, the palms of people’s hands are always going to be a light color. White people have light palms,and black people have light palms. It’s a minor detail, but it could help make the game’s black skin look a little more naturalistic.

Also nice work OP.

Yeah we've noted this as well, darker skin tones are lacking some warm saturation which makes them appear a bit dull. Will be adressed hopefully in the future.
    Also, the palm thing would also be a great improvement, thanks.

Soo the character creator in EA will be the same like in beta? Nothing diffrent?

I guess you'll see in two days
  10. alieser

OMG a dev commented on my thread, that's so cool. *Bows respectfully*

Thanks for taking notice of the thread and responding Alieser. I have full confidence that the facegen artist and everyone else contributing to the feature will be able to enhance customisation even further. Also wanna re-emphasize how much of an improvement this is from warband really, well done!

You are correct about hairstyles, let me refine what I meant. I would like some shorter (even shorter than the top image you shared) more 'compact' afro hairstyles' as well as a few *more* longer braid/cornrow types I recall there is currently 1 available but it would be nice for more variations to be added. The beard is nice, as my character ages I may switch to it.

Thanks again! :grin:

Oh I see what you mean, will note these down and pass it to the facegen artists.
    Thanks for the feedback!
  11. alieser

We also need some asian skin types I can make my character look asian a bit but it would better with proper skins
    Could you elaborate on that please? Do you mean skin color?
  12. alieser

I agree with you on this, it's not easy to create an African look, we've chatted with the facegen artist and will try to improve on this part.
    However we already have short and long afro hair models:

BKcIUqa.jpg

HKUwICw.jpg

6p8vKJQ.jpg
    1ndS1Qm.jpg

fr1p6HL.jpg
  13. alieser

cheers

cheers
  14. alieser

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops 📁 Creative Unit Aesthetics - archive

Thanks for the great suggestions @Al_Mansur , Vlandia is fairly untoched yet, by the overhauling that we are doing behind the scenes by adding new sets. Any suggestions you manage to give now will be very valuable and very possibly make it to the game - if proper.
    You're definitely right about the helmet issue for Vlandia, and I've noted it down.
  15. alieser

Painting and not only crafting !

The remaining hope now is that same type troops not wearing the exact same armor and colors

Here's my post about the troop armor variations inbetween same type troops:
    We have the same system for singleplayer troops as well, generally we have a pool of 3 equipment sets for each troop, which get chosen randomly by each troop.
    The way the changes go are related to the tier troop. For low tier troops, the torso, shoulder, head, gloves all tend to change to give them a less uniform look. Mid to high tier troops generally wear the same torso but change shoulder and head armors. The highest tier troops all wear the same uniform.

(from this thread)
  16. alieser

That's encouraging to hear. May have been from 2018 or something.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a Player-specific, non-troop dyeing system though. Even if only for Civilian clothing. How can I RP as a dashing rogue if I'm not clad in all black? :razz:

If you aren't in any of the factions, you can always change your own color to black and RP as a dashing rouge :smile:
  17. alieser

I understand that from a multiplayer readability perspective, but I admit it's a just a little immersion breaking to see a Khuzait village scene where every Rabble is wearing the same shade of Teal. Granted this was from a 2019 Gamescom singleplayer video, but still.

In any case, thanks for your candor.

Civilians don't share the same system, civilians have their own color pools, unrelated to kingdoms they belong in. That video is probably outdated, can't remember which one you're talking about.
    Troops do share the same color, but they have slight variations of hue and saturation to break the uniform look.
  18. alieser

Colors aren't hardcoded, all cloth parts on all armors/equipment are colorless by default, they change color based on the wearer's culture.
    Meaning, a Battanian clothing you've looted as an Aserai prince, would be worn as orange (Aserai color) by you.
Back
Top Bottom