Search results for query: *

1. Njördson

EU Skirmish Completed Bannerlord Draft Cup 4 - Sign Ups Open (56/56)

Hello,

I would like to thank the organizers for this event which is very nice to play.

Nevertheless after reflection I will unregister from the event. My slot of captain and player are free. I will continue to enjoy my vacations quietly :smile:

Good tournament to all
  2. Njördson

? MEET THE TEAM: Divitiarum [Div]

thanks to Bard for the work done and to the divitarium for answering the questions It's really nice to learn more about the divitarium team

I had the opportunity to play and observe you during the training sessions and the official match against our team. You showed us some very nice things and it was a pleasure to play against you.

I wish you guys to continue and persevere! See you on the battlefield
  3. Njördson

[NADL] Sign-up [Signups Done]

Player Name: DragonKing
    Main Class: Cav
    Main Gamemode Played: Skirmish
    Your Country: France
    Your State(Optional and only enter if American:
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198403441359/
  4. Njördson

EU Skirmish Completed Bannerlord Draft Cup 2 [BDC] (56/56)

Thank you for that, it's really well done. Very good tournament
  5. Njördson

NA Skirmish Completed Bannerlord Skirmish League 2 Continuation

Good initiative on your part. It was a shame to cancel a tournament that was about to end. Might as well finish the last matches (especially as there are not many left).
  6. Njördson

Obelix

I think it's nerve of NW players to ask the BL community to ban one of its players for actions committed on the NW game.

We all agree that Obelix is a special guy, he's the Choker. No matter what he did on NW, what matters is what he's doing on BannerLord. :grin:
  7. Njördson

MP | A new feature: BannerLord Matchmaking, A tool that would allow you to improve the game in depth and quickly by bringing fun to play

Good evening to all, I had several interesting discussions about the game and how to make it more interesting and attractive and often I heard about the balance. But not only the balance of the game as such, but also the balance between the players. So I will not talk here about technical...
  8. Njördson

There is no world where someone should be able to ride directly into a crossbow line

This is the **** you captain mode players defend, 2 guys literally AFK farming a bunch of dumb bots from horseback. Yeah AI can be better but that's a long drawn out process, the quick fix is to make these 2 guys do no damage unless they are near their own squad. "BuT mUh ScOuTiNg"
    exactly, all the more so as this is how it was done on the DLC Napoleonic Wars of Mount and Blade Warband
  9. Njördson

EU Skirmish Completed Bannerlord Draft Cup 2 [BDC] (56/56)

Name : DragonKing
    Nationality : French
    Main Class : Cav
    Steam Link : https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198403441359/
    TW ID : DragonKing#8043
    Why you should be a Captain ? I was captain at the last edition and I can't wait to play the next one :grin:
  10. Njördson

There is no counter-play against kick-slash

If players are running in a straight line to kick you then that is the easiest kick I've seen in my life. Not only that but it's fairly easy to know exactly when their kick is coming and time a side step and slash.

Jufasto is a bit of an outlier in that yes, he kicks a lot, but all his kicks are done at a time when he knows he can't be punished in that clip. 1st one is against spear man, 2nd and 3rd one the other guy wasn't focusing on him, 4th one the inf can't risk to swing because there is an archer and cav looking at him. Been a while since I played Warband but I doubt he would have been punished in similar situations. On top of it all, you cannot block while kicking with a shield, it opens you way up compared to with a weapon you can block straight away.

Archers and cav can force kills with footshots/bumpstabs so why aren't infantry allowed to have a way to force a kill? And don't tell me "we should make spamming work" because whats the difference, both require footwork to prevent it IIRC from Warband.

Kicks obviously still have a weird hitbox as evidenced by the earlier clip(or it's desync issues) but it's far from the wonkiest or stupidest thing in the game right now.
    I completely agree with you
  11. Njördson

Different approach on limits

Okay i understood your point but i don't see pikes getting used effectively in competitive environment. They are so easy to counter.
    yes there are a lot of ways to counteract them, let's see tonight to try them out tonight in pick ups just to see what they can do under "official" conditions
  12. Njördson

Even yourself said that "I win duels against spearmen 95% of the time" Pro cavs know how to play against spearmen. Therefore, spearmen cannot bother cavs at all. About pikes, pikes are really weak against infantries. If any infantry facehug the pikeman, pikeman cannot do anything because pike bounces from close distance. Also, pike is very slow against infantry... It's just so easy to deal with pikeman. You can assign one of your infantries to deal with pikeman only and your pikeman problem will disappear.
    It's true, I said that but spearmen are not pikemen who have faster lances than riders, longer pikes who do more damage and if the rider is clumsy, the pikeman can easily kill him with one shot. For having done a lot of duels against them, I think I can lower my victory ratio very low when I fight against someone who knows how to use his pike

the cavs are good but let's not forget that they need the pressure of their allies on the ground to win and if the fight on the ground is lost, it is very difficult for one rider to make the difference alone and I think that the other riders will not say the contrary
  13. Njördson

No way. 3 cav 3 inf would destroy 2 cav 4 infantry. Infantry is way too weak, we can't even comparison it with cavalry. One of the three infantries just need to spam the spearman and meanwhile 3 cavs destroy the teamfight.
    I don't think we should give such a clear-cut answer, because if we admit that in the 2-4 formation there is an infantry playing pikeman, the result can be different

the pike is extremely powerful and too often underestimated because it is never played in competition because of the archers. Yet it has not stopped being buff and I will be happy to see it in an official match

So, 3inf and 3cav vs 2cav and 4 infs, This has never been tested and I am curious to know the result
  14. Njördson

I'd argue that 3 cav is easier to counter than 2 cav and 2 archers, if a team opts for this 3/3 composition you know they won't have any other non-inf classes other than the ones they picked, so you can play with that info in mind.

I really see no harm in having this option, it means less non-inf classes on the field at the same time.
    and one would see the importance of the pikemen especially, who will be able to play without being bothered by the archers :grin:

it would be interesting to see them appear in official matchs

one would finally see at work those who are supposed to be the best counter to the cav
  15. Njördson

I like this idea, it brings diversity while keeping a mass of infantry that seems indispensable to me

I also think that it can "rebalance" certain factions a little. Sturgia, known to have bad archers, may become stronger on some maps

I also like the idea of not staying on the same course. Adding 3 inf and 3 archers or riders will clearly make the choice of the leader before the match undeniably important.

3 horsemen and 3 inf making the game extremely aggressive while, on the contrary, 3 infantry and 3 archers will make it quite passive:grin:

One would undoubtedly see the pikemen emerge from elsewhere, which makes the thing interesting

this kind of choice makes the game even more interesting. I don't think it's the idea of "doing away with 2-2-2" but simply to propose alternatives that remain interesting.

And frankly, the more choice you have, more tactics and more fun you have
  16. Njördson

Cavs outreach Pikes in brace mode

I agree with @hoonii

Clearly, the pikes are just the perfect riposte against the riders as long as there are no archers to harass them.

Pikes have more reach, are faster to hit and do more damage than a rider's spear and have the power to rear the horse without forgetting the famous "X" which allows you to surprise any rider in an instant by killing him or his horse.

What more could you ask for? they do monstrous damage even when you don't move

If the rider manages to "out range" it is simply because the person holding the pike has made a mistake. I am willing to discuss short lances but on the pike there is no discussion to be had. I don't know of any competition rider who is willing to take on a pikeman. They'll try to avoid him and let the infantry or archers deal with him because he just can't do anything against a guy who knows how to handle a pike
  17. Njördson

1.5.6 Patch, Whats Next for Skirmish?

I know I don't have a problem with pikes being good against cav (duh), it's just against infantry they perform exceptionally well and it does damage without the need of ranging yourself that much, like cmon that pike is 240ish reach and performs better than spears in terms of handling atm.
    Yes, it is a really powerful weapon and its only weakness is the fact that the player has no shield and the risk of making "pocks"
  18. Njördson

1.5.6 Patch, Whats Next for Skirmish?

the pike is the better cav counter and it's usefull

The hit is thrown faster than that of the rider, has more length, can block and do monstrous damage to any rider, heavy or light. to add to this the unpredictable character of the famous "X" which allows to block a cav in an instant

Yes it's a great weapon

Well, I am not going to lie, from the moment that, in your team, you have an elite archer, the pike player will have a lot of problems even if he switch with a shield, but without that, it's a very powerful and useful weapon against the cav
  19. Njördson

Cavalry is overpowered

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to summarise my idea and why I voted "no". It's simply because I fully agree with what Namakan said earlier.

I'd argue that cav in itself is fine, but it's interactions with other classes (read: infantry) are bad right now.

to fix:
    1. Stopping horses with spears needs to be more consistent (though there are some cases where it's biased in favor of infantry as well, which should be removed as well IMO).
    2. Onehanded weapons need to deal proper damage to horses
    3. Couched Lances need some adjustments (Cooldown, max duration of about 3-4 seconds, maybe reduce the horses maneuverability during)

the cavalry was much stronger in 1.4.3 because it had an increased acceleration capacity and therefore a higher speed and more important spear damage, but it was not the only powerful unit.

Now it is the only class that didn't really have such violent nerf as heavy infantry, 2h or archers.

I think what has changed is that infantry units just don't have the means to counter cavalry and archers anymore.(and fortunately, the developers are working to solve this problem.)

I don't think that nerf the cav will make the game more playable. Cav is the most worked out and interesting unit to play at the moment due to its developed mechanics. and it would be a shame to see this class reach the same fate as the infantry, i.e. to become null and void.

I am not saying that nerfs are not necessary (because they are necessary to balance the game as well as possible) but simply, some nerfs proposition completely distort this class and the goal is not to distort the game but to make it pleasant for ALL players whatever the class is

I am nevertheless confident with the next infantry boosts coming and I hope that the game will be rebalanced because yes, the cavalry dominates. not because it is "op" but simply because the heavy infantry class is destitute and very bad & unpleasant to play at a high level.

So I think that simply saying "the cavalry is OP" is just too simplistic an idea. For me it would be more like "heavy infantry sucks and needs to improve" so Let's start by improving the infantry, and it's started and it's very good and must continue to do so because I think that developers have understood what is at stake
Back
Top Bottom