Search results for query: *

1. Dead End

#1 Feature that would substantially improve Bannerlord for you?

Hello all, I've recently gotten into Bannerlord again with the release of the game, and I'm looking into the still missing and yet to be implemented features. But I also wanted to ask the opinion of some of you who have admittedly much more experience with the game than I do. Excluding mods, I...
  2. Dead End

State of the main quest

game congratulates you for beating the story, plays the ending cutscene, maybe gives a unique reward and the game continues as a normal sandbox.
    that sounds absolutely absurd. Like “you beat the final boss! Continue?” The story sounds way too grandiose for its own good
  3. Dead End

Another "Should I Come Back to Bannerlord SP?" Question

I think it will be entertaining, but everytime I've cranked everything up to realistic, so far haven't had an experience as positive as warband. I've tinkered on my PC and Steam Deck with the release version, but nothing extraordinary so far. Voice acting for some dialogue I guess?
  4. Dead End

Releasing the game in this state feels like a slap in the face

How are the dialogue bits and romance, still barebones? Haven't played for a while but I was grinding a bit on "Launch Day" but I never really got to the noble/schmoozing stage
  5. Dead End

Vlandian Pikemen really need a buff

Well maybe with Mercenary Pikemen more folks will see how bad they are. Honestly all the new mercenaries in 1.9 are so **** performance wise and expensive, why anyone would recruit them is beyond me. Oh well great way to screw new players who won't know any better

I've come back to this game for 2 years now, and every time I try to play with the mercenary units it's such a massive disappointment. IDK why it bothers me so much, I just think they look cool and would like to use them but it's a waste of time and money
  6. Dead End

6 months into EA and devs still do not understand what ruins their game.

This comes off as incessant whining and not particularly helpful criticism. They just launched a big patch with a lot of fixes that players had been requesting.

The issue seems to be your understanding of the development cycle and the amount of time it takes to actually produce content or make changes.

They've done a lot of good work and obviously they will continue working on it.

The glory days of Warband were the result of many, many years of effort. We're still in early access as you mentioned. The developers are listening, many of the changes for 1.5 were the result of extensive criticism from the forums.

But if we are really passionate about M&B and are sincere with our concerns, we should strive to provide constructive criticism in a way that is not derogatory, condescending, or useless.
    This.
    Late response, but can I screenshot this and use it as my forum signature?
  7. Dead End

Multiplayer Elephant In The Room. Khuzait Is Designed To Be Annoying To Play As And Annoying To Play Against, And Do Not Fit Into The Games Economy

I personally feel like the factions are balanced in way too knee jerk of a manner! If they’re supposed to be bad at something it’s completely worthless, if it’s supposed to be a faction strength they dominate completely. All that ends up happening is empire seems the best being the “all-rounder”
  8. Dead End

What I want is game modes that are easy to get into that do not require you to be a professional in this game, you don't just get blades you swing at people, and let me quote the comment avobe that summed up perfectly.

Combat in this game is extensive, deep and that is good, but it's also a problem because they don't teach new players correctly, because current game modes forces you to face completely skilled players and even against noob players is problematic, because you don't raise your skill just by playing against another bad player who has no idea of what he's doing. You need a base to learn from, footing, how lengths and handling works, how to ride a goddamn horse properly, you can learn on the run, but you will get frustrated in the way and sometime just stop playing completely.
    Warband had battle and duel, and in those you could either practice your skill or have fun while watch others play with you, that way you learn from the high skilled players without getting smashed in a 3-0 set.

I really don't know what you get, this game is just not beginner friendly and the game modes encourage you to just leave the game forever or spend months trying to learn something.
    I think all those problems are valid, just consider that the same way you consider other games could be applied to this game. It’s easy to say games don’t have depth if you have 0 involvement in their competitive communities. That being said I would prefer to play competitive bannerlord than DOTA. It’s not there yet. I’ll come back in a few months and see how it is then
  9. Dead End

Yeah, and not only that but CSGO is the sequel of an already succesful competitive game, and consider this: CS GO IS EASY FOR BEGGINERS. You get guns, and start shooting, thats it. You dont need to know how to block or which stance are you in, how much does it matter what armour you're getting, etc. Starting CSGO as a noob and starting Bannerlord as a noob are soo much different, and at least CS GO even allows you to play with bots to at least have a taste of it.

And no one wants to play as a trashy peasent Taleworlds, its the worst experience getting into with a piece of gardening tool to fight, and not being able to choose what to play. The only thing they have done with this multiplayer class system is limit EVERYONE, and the worst part is interconnected, every game mode is connected and tied to the same system. The multiplayer in this game is the most frustrating event I have seen happening in my life.
    “You get blades you swing at people” not that I like CSGO compared to my wonderful experience with the previous titles, mind you. I don’t think your points are nearly as poorly worded as the other people on this thread, but I really don’t get it. The most people can do is ask for changes from the devs and see what they do. It’s annoying, sure but you people paid for this game no one forced you to. Also eternally lul at the people who get mad at SP players for having fun
  10. Dead End

Is This Game Fun?

If you can accept that it's very unfinished, then by all means it's fun to see it grow and evolve. If you want it to be amazing NOW. Definitely wait. It's not perfect but some people will get miles from this game where some will get inches.
  11. Dead End

Do people like Smithing as a concept

You should be able to unlock parts from the weapon you’ve smelted. Or at least each part could have a meter (more complex parts need to be smelted 0/10 times). Something so I’m not being chicken-blocked despite having millions of denars to make a wooden stick. I’m also noticing something like a color painter or picker would work wonders for me. I want to be able to freely change the colors of crafted items and my army more than the game currently allows. And armor crafting later on~!
  12. Dead End

PSA Taleworlds are hosting a community event with the mount & blade subreddit

So the first community that gets custom servers for events is reddit.
    Only a few days after they finally managed to put up a single 30 slot duel server for eu and na.
    Game is doomed
    This forum must be like the elephant graveyard in the lion king to them
  13. Dead End

i will be disputing the charge of this game with my cc company

Also if you haven't played more than 2 hours then you can refund it with no problem.
    I don’t think it’s possible to accomplish that with a MB game. Flaws aside, you WILL get 10 hours+ content before you decide you hate it or it’s a scam or whatever. Then these threads happen
  14. Dead End

Are spears and pikes ever going to be fixed?

“hypothetically, I’d drop the guy with one mighty thrust. Dude if this happened IRL, I’d like, easily dispatch him with my spear”
  15. Dead End

Black graphic bug? Anyone seen this?

Yes, except in my case only certain large blocks were black, and you could finagle the camera to view this shadow realm
  16. Dead End

[PETITION] Rollback/Disable Quit Penalty Indefinitely

We just pushed out a hotfix so that full-stacks will be paired up against other premade teams. We will continue to expand and work on this system over time to cover different group sizes.

Eventually, we hope to have some form of ranked matchmaking which should help with this a great deal.

We also plan to introduce voice chat to MP at some point during EA too.
    Ah! I was typing while you posted your last reply! I appreciate the response, and I’ll be looking forward to seeing that in the future :wink:
  17. Dead End

SP - General Early Access = Exhausting Alpha

Early access =/= Early Alpha. You are literally agreeing to invest in a concept. Much like a start up business investment -- that may never pan out.
    There is no guarantee you will get a full game, or even one altered from the time you purchased it.

Obviously companies who wish to remain in good faith with the community will need to strive to finish the game, and keep as many promises as they can. That said, to call EA a Beta is insincere at best. It's a high risk investment in a concept. Most EAs start barely functional, far from Beta. Minecraft, Rimworld, No Man's Sky, Ark. To name a few. Many never see completion, or are literally a Visual Demo money grab n run.

I dropped 100 Some odd hours into Bannerlord, Restarting with every patch. Enjoyed the game, and took a break while they sorted out the Mercenary Contract bug. Came back, played another 50 ish. Then had reach a point of oversaturation. Sinking 150 hours into a game in the span of 2-3 weeks is exceptionally high. Numbers inflated by people who are at home quarantined, no doubt and that number of hours in such a small span causes boredom.

I have my issues with the game, and have taken a step back. Haven't played in week, waiting on new features or a more interesting patch. There's still 11 months of Early Access, which is plenty of time to develop the game. Entire expansions can be developed in that time, for some studios. Having hundreds of thousands of Testers (Us, the EA players) probably helps speed things along with bug and crash reports.

Not "White knighting" for Taleworlds here, I just think that it's a bit odd people are complaining about the state of Early Access, when there really isn't a defined standard.

Take a break from the game, and if in a few months time, the game is still in the same state, then I would warrant that deserves the flak and ire.

Again, there's plenty with the game that deserves valid critique and needs to improve, I don't disagree. It's a bit early to be gathering pitchforks and assembling the mob, though.

Take a week or two off. Play something else, God knows most of us have a steam library full of games we've yet to play, or beat. (Or is it just my group of friends that does that?) Go replay a classic, or revisit a game you haven't played in awhile.
    Lol most of my unbeaten games are horror games right now. I
    Well in my humble opinion I don't get it why they seem not to focus on one task more jump between those topics.

For example if you tell me all the bugs or problems as a dev. I would arrange them in a list.

Like:

1. CTD
    2. RAM Usage and Pikes
    3.Etc.

When I am sure 1 and 2 are to 90 Percent finished I move on with perks etc.

After that a question if there is a throwback in point 1 or 2? No than continue to implement.. If yes check again.

In the mean time if you have the resources you can make a team more content and brainstorming more things.

Making many moves on different paths mostly makes more work in my humble opinion.

Cheers
    That completely makes sense, I guess I just cut them slack because it’s been about a month. If progress is still slow in 5 I’ll probably be seething as well. I’ve definitely gotten into the habit of taking a break when I encounter something unfair or broken
  18. Dead End

[PETITION] Rollback/Disable Quit Penalty Indefinitely

Custom/private servers would be nice, but in my experience playing premades is nigh impossible. Even if no one does leave, which is rare, how can you wrangle 5 randos without voice comms? Maybe I can beat one of them but I’m not a MP god or anything. I suppose I could join a clan, but I don’t see the multiplayer as something I take really seriously as of right now. Is that a reasonable reaction to solo play?
  19. Dead End

Taleworlds, is there a roadmap?

I would love a roadmap but if there are any problems with production due to quarantine and current events the Updates we’ve had are sufficient to me. I guess the fact that there are constant changes is a boon in my eyes, but it is hard to tell what they’re going for in some areas like the Focus point system
Back
Top Bottom