Search results for query: *

1. stevepine

Been almost 5 months since the last substantial update

Even if they have one or two poor souls still working (part-time) on this game, we should all move on now. This company and its products do not deserve your time, energy, or attention....
  2. stevepine

Patch Notes v1.2.9

@Dejan @Piconi @Duh_TaleWorlds, If you respect the community, give us at least some information about the roadmap. If it exists at all.
    Dont bother, it's a waste of time... and always has been.
  3. stevepine

This game is dead Now !!!

yup - without mods it feels like an expensive proof-of-concept demo rather than a cohesive or well made game.
  4. stevepine

So No Replacement for Callum the Horrendously Inactive Community Manager ?

You remember Callum? The Scottish Community Manager who never .... well...... managed anything? It says a lot about this terrible joke of a company that he never seems to have been replaced. Taleworlds keep posting these ' Community Updates ' on Steam... and yet.... It's always been...
  5. stevepine

Patch Notes v1.2.9

im uninstalling this lol... waste of my time.
    Good idea.

Taleworlds will never allow this game to get anywhere near its potential. Skeleton crew working on it now pretty much.

And the most important thing about skeletons... is something that they have in common with Bannerlord.... they're dead.
  6. stevepine

About a Future TW game.

After Bannerlord, anyone who even thinks of buying another TW product is a complete and total fool.
  7. stevepine

Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

I genuinely think this is the end for taleworlds. Theyve left such a sour taste in the fans mouths, that if they ever try to make another game, their fanbase will not be there to fund their next decade long development.

Yeah, I certainly will never ever buy another product from them.
  8. stevepine

Roadmap? Features in the future? Anything?

Oh look, no further reply in the thread from Dejan. Well, what a surprise. Five Bucks gave him the answer that TW doesn't want to know about.

Honestly, what's really amazing is that Taleworlds seem to think that their game is pretty much complete.

They are like : " What's the problem? it's a pretty good game right? "

What an absolute joke of a company they have become.
  9. stevepine

Road Map Envy

So, young Armagan before the yachts and the interns. :grin:
    The dev blogs are a very good read there, thanks.
    :smile: indeed

and you're welcome.
  10. stevepine

Road Map Envy

That's a lot of stuff to add. I wouldn't hold my breath that they can get even half of that done. Looking on their website the game has been in development for 9 years. I wonder if they're trying to beat out Bannerlord as the longest game in development? 🤣

It's a great little game that is coming along very nicely at the moment.

It has active developers who listen and reply. Also.... this game's development has actually accelerated quite a lot recently - regular patches.
  11. stevepine

Road Map Envy

I disagree, I think roadmaps have been a disaster for the game industry, or are at least a sign of bad practices overall. No longer do you have to release a game properly, you can just push out a broken base of a game and publish a wishlist of stuff you might include if you feel like it.

Shockingly this is enough for some people, and there are dozens of games I can think of that still suck after a mediocre launch, but people salivate over the "roadmap" and the perception that things are constantly being patched.

For a lot of gamurrrs in the post-kickstarter world, half the enjoyment comes from imagining what it will be like when it's "finished" rather than the game itself as it currently is. I've played so many downright bad strategy and citybuilder games that the core community defends to the death because of a stupid roadmap. Evrry review for these games is like "it's going to be great when it's finished!! (The developer abandons it 2 years later)"

I actually appreciate that bannerlord doesnt have a roadmap. It's severely hampered the hype prophecies of the fanbase, and nobody can point at a PDF of cool-sounding ideas to act like that's where the game is now. People actually have realistic expectations!

Road maps are not just a hopeful wish list.

They are a plan. With real intention.

Early Access is here to stay .... and we all know that (like it or not).... so, I would much rather have a detailed map of what is to come.
    (Even if it doesn't ALL get implemented perfectly)

And I think the great majority of gamers would agree.

No disrespect, but I suspect your opinion on this...... well, it's definitely a minority view.
  12. stevepine

Road Map Envy

I was so impressed by this tiny little indie game's road map: Imagine if TaleWorlds had produced something like this for Bannerlord ..... and (more or less) stuck to it within a reasonable timeframe: Road Map for Arch Mage Rises So what's the difference? : The developer is grateful to his...
  13. stevepine

Will devs plan on adding feast back into the game?

TaleWorlds have proven over time that they dont give a flying **** about roleplaying features. (Like feasts)

The 100% best example of the complete disrespect they show for the heart + soul / roleplay of the game is the following fact:

There is ONE tavern scene per culture. ONE PER NATION.

What does that tell you?

They will never add feasts...
  14. stevepine

Ya know it really doesnt take much -even a skeletal system of an RPG can go a long way into creating some emotional stakes immersion. Like ive never even made it to owning more than a fief in Vanilla because i can see how bland it is -diplomacy wise. Frankly I need more drama and hatred. Even at the lowest most base level ie Game note popup "Lord Delinard now HATES You!" -would keep me engaged for a few weeks IRL time just to mess with the guy. Im currently playing ROT mod (GoT mod) and even without really any advanced RPG or Kingdom stuff except Non-Stop war, i know enough of the Lore to enjoy messing with certain characters.

Im thinking even a pretty low level AI program could invent some Royal dramas and hatreds that reacts dynamically off both the player and other AI personality likelihoods. Maybe Bloc will include something like this in his ChatAI project
    Yes, exactly. Well said + agreed.
  15. stevepine

This patch is huge, and a big step in the right direction! Not to jynx it but the hype has been officially reignited.
    Yeah woooo the hype!!! ....now all the game needs are little things like :

1) Diplomacy
    2) A real end game
    3) RPG features to give it some kind of soul

Functioning combat is nice. But it's years overdue. Let's see if TW can actually make a proper game now out of this skeleton. I'm not convinced yet.

This update is like putting the engine in the car. But there's still no gears, brakes, roof, doors or seats.
  16. stevepine

Yeah, I was really hoping there would be something in the notes that adds more RP elements or something to give the game 'soul'
    Exactly. This game is in dire need of features that make the world feel fleshed out and real. I'm tempted to reinstall but I know the end game is still a joke and largely empty. This patch makes the journey more enjoyable... but the destination is still "meh, who cares".
  17. stevepine

• Ask the tavern keeper to learn more about the clan that owns the settlement, unlocking all clan member information in the encyclopedia for a fee. Inquiring about companions reveals their details as well.
    OK, great - can we PLEASE now have MORE THAN ONE single tavern scene per fricking culture? During the early part of EA (when I was really naïve) I was expecting maybe 20 different taverns in this game, each with a unique feel and atmosphere. Just a little bit of variety with taverns? Please?
  18. stevepine

Patch Notes v1.1.4

I really wonder just how many people are left working on this game (full time).

I bet it's not many.
  19. stevepine

Patch Notes v1.1.3

I'm actually at the point now where I enjoy how bad this game's development has become.

It's so bad that it's actually funny. I used to care about this game... but I'm waaaay past that now.

The only thing that would make it better would be if for 1.1.4, they re-released a brand new sheep texture, just to screw with us.

Please do it. I'll buy shares in TaleWorlds if you do.
Back
Top Bottom