Search results for query: *

1. ~Kamina~

Dev Blog

Well, great minds think like two rabbits by a stone that leads to rome... or something like that, im bad with proverbs

???? ❤
  2. ~Kamina~

Petition for Australian/Oceania Servers

+1 signed, if they dont add them we raid the offices in turkey
    Last time we tried that, we got rekt in Gallipoli
  3. ~Kamina~

Petition for Australian/Oceania Servers

+1 signed

Essentially, Oceanic players would be excluded from multiplayer without the server. It even took Blizzard 10 years to introduce Oceanic servers and they're clearly populated now - Australians are big gamers XD
  4. ~Kamina~

Dev Blog

My point is that it's irrelevant whether the blog comes out now or a few days before. I hope you understand these posts + the mentions to Callum shift the attention to the wrong place
    I agree that at this point it is irrelevant since it has long since past the supposed blog release date-frame. What is relevant is the trust and faith people have in Taleworlds to adhere to their word especially after so many mishaps. They put themselves in these situations time and time again by making promises (some unnecessary) that they can rarely keep.

However, I completely disagree with you about Callum's attention being shifted to the wrong place. Callum is the community manager (rather than a developer) so his attention should definitely be here quelling the controversy. If you believe that his attention should be elsewhere; for most people here to understand, it literally takes him pinning a single sentence message on the forum saying:

"Greetings warriors of Calradia, we won't be posting any updates until after EA" or

"Greetings and farewell warriors of Calradia, I have better things to do than attend to the peasants and rabble - see you at release"

Takes about 30 seconds that I'm sure can be spared at this point.
  5. ~Kamina~

Dev Blog

I personally don't really mind if they can or cannot do a blog before release. However, I would like some transparency from Taleworlds..

I mean, they knew whether the blog was or wasn't going to come out before (or at least on) Friday. So tell the community "Hey, I'm sorry - we've been really busy - there won't be a blog this week" or any other excuse.

@Callum All I ask is that the community is notified pre-emptively whether a promise or schedule isn't going to be fulfilled - rather than reactively or in hindsight. I appreciate that you guys are very busy but a simple message of transparency is all we ask for! I promise we won't bite! (too hard :wink:)
  6. ~Kamina~

Hair physics?

Official statement from dev blog 05/09/19: "Cloth physics is in the game, it works and is used in many places. Hair physics wasn’t a priority since it is difficult to get right and you are usually wearing a helmet anyway. However, it is something we can look into if we can find the time."

I feel like it's something I wouldn't mind seeing, but I'd be a little concerned about performance impact unless only named characters had the hair physics or something.

Thanks for that! I guess it's not completely dismissed at least..

I don't mind them switching off the feature when you are wearing the helmet or limiting the feature to the player character only. As for the performance, in Witcher 3, there is an option to allow NVIDIA Hairworks depending on your specs.

My only qualm is that it feels a bit jarring when characters with long hair have it remain static.
  7. ~Kamina~

Hair physics?

I am sure this has been mentioned to an arduous extent (so my apologies); but there was a blog which talked about cloth physics and showed the horses' manes having some hair physics, so I have a few questions. I understand that cloth and manes are most likely less taxing on the gpu and...
  8. ~Kamina~

31 March and 50 Bucks what do you think?

I think it is too much I mean yeah mount & blade series is pretty damn good but I have been playing on and off since 2010 even bought extra copies so I have steam versions and also gifted the game to friends but yeah I expected it to be £30 before early access was announced and it's £40 while still being early access. Taleworlds I think is a damn good dev but I honestly don't want to pay that much for an unfinished game I know Taleworlds will not abandon the game but I just feel a bit let down by the devs charging that much.-edit also id like to mention this game could be in early access for a long time I have supported and been ripped off by many early access games been worried about bannerlord from the start I mean think about it, all the things they are chan2 years ging ingame might not even feel like the previous games would happily pay £30 early access or not but £40 has crossed the line a bit for me.

Dude.. Think of it as a pre-order if anything.

It has been said many times in this forum already.

The game will cost the EXACT SAME amount when released and if you buy the EA, you are already paying for the full game before it is released. So if you expect the game to eventually be good (or up to standard) when finally released, there is no difference in whether you buy it at EA or at release. Unless you are short on cash in which case you have over a year to save up for it.

Otherwise, wait 2 years or something for a sale..
  9. ~Kamina~

Is there a discount for Early Access?

Even though I was hoping for an EA release mid-Marchish, I was and am expecting TW to push it to the literal last minute (23:59:59 31/03/2020). But hey, I'm not complaining! I can't wait for these 5.5 long weeks to pass :smile:
  10. ~Kamina~

Dev Blog 17/01/20

From Callum's comment, it seems like EA release will be in around 3 weeks :sneaky:
  11. ~Kamina~

Dev Blog 06/09/19

Just as a follow up on the hair physics question:

If you don't have time to implement it by the time of release, will it be possible or would you be willing to do so in a patch after release?
  12. ~Kamina~

Dev Blog 01/08/19

Very impressed with the game.

More impressed with the long, unedited video in the dev blog! Is that our first dev blog video? I can't recall  :mrgreen:
  13. ~Kamina~

Dev Blog 18/07/19

I like the added complexity and I like that it's not necessary for game progression so that it doesn't feel like a grind just to play the game.
  14. ~Kamina~

Dev Blog 04/07/19

I thought this was a very good blog. Whether the additional options are good or bad, it's at least different enough to Warband to be interesting. Worst case scenario, I'm sure there will be mods that appeal to every appetite in terms of sieges.
  15. ~Kamina~

Dev Blog 27/06/2019

Whatever happens, at least the blogs will get more interesting and we will get to see a lot more content when gamescom arrives.

But yes,

some clarification from Callum is in order for the "far from done" comment, since TW perspective on time is a little warped :roll: i.e. We had the harvesting season comment many blogs ago and we've had 'final stage/polishing' comments since 2016.
  16. ~Kamina~

Dev Blog 20/06/19

Even though they are the same concepts as warband, I like the subtle upgrades and the ability to cease the actions whenever we want. Also the visual on the village's material output on the map (lumbermill) is a lot more immersive!
  17. ~Kamina~

Dev Blog 13/06/19

I'm curious to know how a player is rewarded/punished for not following orders. For example: would you get punished if you didn't follow an order but ended up losing no casualties because of it?

Maybe I'm overestimating how deep the system goes but I'm still intrigued to see how it develops  :fruity:
  18. ~Kamina~

Dev Blog 07/06/19

Dammmit! haha When I read the title of the blog, I thought it meant in-battle executions like execution animations i.e. limbs/heads getting chopped off or a more detailed animation if an enemy player is not close by.

But I'm still happy that this feature has been implemented and I'm sure modders will eventually make it more detailed.
  19. ~Kamina~

Dev Blog 30/05/19

Terco_Viejo said:
    For an interview, it's been a little dull. The load issue could easily have been included when you talked about party speed...

NPC99 said:
    Rodrigo Ribaldo said:
    NPC99 said:
    “I gained the role of campaign lead programmer a few months ago. Before that, I was mainly writing code all day long. Now, I also have to be available to other campaign team members or for design meetings, code reviews, and so on.

Belated congratulations on your promotion, Ömer, but who ran the campaign team previously (for x years) and what happened to them?
    I noticed that red flag too. Someone resigned or got fired.
    A gameplay programmer went to Ubisoft also a few months ago.
    None of this is particularly good news for the speed of development.

Or, someone ran the campaign team and another activity previously, but now each activity gets a dedicated team leader. We’re just guessing.

Taleworlds = Paranormal activity + poltergeist

Funny thing is, the lead programmer was one of the first interviews (Berat Ceren Üstündağ)
    And this week's interviewee apparently doesn't appear in the 2017 group photo... :cool: Edit: Looks like he did attend the 2017 barbecues.

BIGGER Kentucky James XXL said:
    Okay, this is the worst thing I've ever seen from these blogs.

20190531_105739.JPG

1. There's a randomly shaped slab of leather on the shoulders with bits of string holding random parts of it together. There's just a circular hole for the neck.

2. The sleeves are leather coloured but have the same sackcloth overlay as the chest. Is this a mistake?

3. The brown part of the shirt looks like it's sewn to the main green bit but the green continues on the lower part of the sleeve. The layout looks like a 10 year old boy's shirt from 2003.

What's so fascinating about this is that I have no idea how something like this could even be made in any sane company structure. Taleworlds has commissioned artists to make concept art of dog breeds and animals which is completely unnecessary, but some of their 3d artists have also said they just get ideas from wherever, like Game of Thrones.

If there was a concept artist for the above piece, more attention would have been paid to designing it conscientiously and not just slapping a bunch of half baked ideas onto a model. Good 3d modellers can make their own concept art, but in a full project nobody should be expected to do this.
    But at the same time, even if there are no concept artists, all the silly little details like the pieces of string holding the lump of leather together are just extra work. As a 3d modeller I would want these cut down to a bare minimum, not just for my own sake but to make the clothing look less cluttered.

Right now a lot the bannerlord civilian gear makes them look like impoverished crackheads. Everything's falling apart, but not mended in a way that makes the owners look anything other than insane.

+1

Ko7r.gif

Look at the hair:
    blog13_screenshots_ortysia_market_3k.jpg
    blog_post_92_taleworldswebsite_02.jpg

Do you think the hair getting worse in quality is because they aren't using high graphics settings? Or do you think that they just decided to lower the overall detail to optimise other aspects of the game?

I hope it's the first one, otherwise I'd be sad  :cry:
  20. ~Kamina~

Dev Blog 30/05/19

Hopefully this is the 'actual' polishing stage now that they have a languages focus.

With how much 'polishing' went into this game, I expect to be blinded  :cool:
Back
Top Bottom