Search results for query: *

1. Magello

This game is broken at a fundamental level

Wasn't that always the case though, even with warband? Besides some feasts and meaningless dialogues, vanilla warband was also just a battle simulator. Still, people enjoyed that.
    That is the problem, they have settled into, "It has more than vanilla Warband"
    Bannerlord should have grown and expanded on what was Warband in meaningful ways. I mean come on, they had modders market testing ideas for them for years and they have just abandoned all of it. I have to give them credit though, I can't think of many game companies as talented as TW looked be so adamantly stubborn to their vision as TW.
  2. Magello

This game is broken at a fundamental level

I think the problem is that the game is just a combat simulator really. There are other mechanics but they are shallow in their engagement and over engineered in the background. If they had a true diplomatic and economic system they could use other tools and avenues instead of combat. Give us the tools to conduct matters of state to combat the enemy and give them the tools against us. Fighting gives you everything you need to win; money, prestige, and power all come from fighting is amounts that you have to limit yourself as a player to avoid snowballing the enemy.
  3. Magello

[POLL]: How do you feel about he console port?

Armagan Yavuz, Founder of TaleWorlds Entertainment, said:

Mount & Blade II Bannerlord is having a very successful Early Access period and we are blown away by the interest and support of our community. As we get closer to the official launch, our priority is to make Bannerlord accessible to all gamers, and retail is a big part of that. We are happy to partner with Koch Media and entrust them with this important responsibility, and have full confidence they will help us to serve our gamers in the best possible way.

6acf3777f1a846b2c0f265b7b455984b.gif
    By far my favorite quote of theirs so far in 2021, "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord is having a very successful Early Access period and we are blown away by the interest and support of our community."

I would hazard a guess he means the YouTube/Twitch community?
  4. Magello

Elephant DLC?

there are high expectations under sp/mp/modding/funding subjects. cosmetics part of them. why we wouldnt see them if they are accually useful for game & if there is demand?

you know what? even KoA mod can sell its cosmetics. why not? who stops further supports on modeller/creators?
    If they go the route of selling cosmetics they will then cut off mods due to people just creating the same assets, probably better than TW can. This would cut into their profit so mods would be limited or out of mp.
  5. Magello

POLL: Would you be OK with TW intentionally restricting modders?

There is only one reason I can think of TW restricting mods for BL and that is so they can sell more DLC. They make it difficult to make TC mods in the game or hard to implement then they can sell their own TC dlcs to change the experience. Think Viking Conquests but smaller in changes so they could add one every 18 months or so.
  6. Magello

What happened to the promised follow-up post for future plans?

I'm actually looking more forward to the behind the scenes expose on what went on at TW. At this point it will probably be more interesting than the game.
  7. Magello

POLL: DLCs from Taleworlds

Only if it is very discounted and has been out for a good year. I cannot trust anything TW related to actually work or even have the promised features. I would wait a year or two and only when it is on sale and required for TC mods.
  8. Magello

Summary of the news in the TC Modders Open Letter thread

It is really hard to get behind anything TW says at this point. They may respond, as they did, but it is always, we are looking into it, we will form a meeting, more information in the future. Problem is, they have spent the last year destroying trust and credibility of the heavy user base.

And maybe I am wrong, maybe, just maybe, TW is working behind the scenes making changes for the better but I am not holding my breath or wasting my time reinstalling the game or the new updates. The game is finished and TW thinks they better off with a different crowd, so we should just shut up.

Separate note, just for clarification, Callum got promoted or something so he just rubs elbows with the YouTube, Twitch, and whoever else you guys value over the forums? I think a response could help, even though most I think have given up hoping to hear from him, so we don't keep calling out.
  9. Magello

Clan heraldry - an early herald of the "Too complex" problem

They had Paradox as publisher but ended it mid bannerlord development, i remember the community (and myself) cheering TW back then saying this was good to have less pressure for the release so they would be able to fully develop the game they and the community wanted, man were we wrong lmao..
    I am usually against the amount of pressure a publisher puts on them especially with TW but they appear to now be the poster boy for needing one.

Does anyone know when they split with Paradox being their publisher? It would be interesting if it corresponded with their change and the massive difference from what was shown before.
  10. Magello

King Harlaus > Bannerlord: what is this game missing?

I think you guys are all spot on about the differences. For me a big thing is just how easy everything really is. Being a vassal, getting a town, tier 5 and 6 soldiers are just way easy and don't feel earned.

I still remember the first time I took and was a able to hold a castle in vanilla warband by myself. It felt like such a crowning achievement that I worked hard for and was earned. I have never found a moment like that in over 500 hours of bannerlord.
  11. Magello

What happened to Bread?

Given how many of the staff has played Warband they probably were not even aware bread was ever in the game.

Mod some in and it will be number one on Nexus.
  12. Magello

Prison breaks are AWFUL

1. No, I think Clan wide relations is good overall. They could do so much more with it.'
    2. Clan relation level allows for that.
    3. Yes
    I have been thinking the entire clan relations system has been really wasted so far. I would love for them to have clan and individual relations but using just clan is fine if they really expanded the relationship system. They need to have real rivals and friendships which are dynamically earned.

If you are constantly fighting with a clan they should seek out your caravans, businesses, and settlements to raid and just be a pest. If they are in your clan they would chose to not assist you if you needed help.

The same for a clan who you are friends with, they will come to your settlements to help out, drop off food to a struggling settlement, and would try to free any of your clan if they are prisoners.

Just adding something small like this, and if they already have it, turn up the frequency by by 5x, would really change clan dynamics and could really bring a living feeling to the clans.
  13. Magello

What happened to the promised follow-up post for future plans?

Do we think maybe it is the last "Big Update"? Maybe the battle map thing is and they didn't expect it to be done until close to release but wanted to show something for us to speculate on while we wait. I'm looking forward to it and want to see how it plays but I really want the update released soon so there is plenty of time to test it. Something like this really seems there will be a lot of bugs and issues.
  14. Magello

Some Suggestions from ItalianSpartacus

It is sad but I think this has really demonstrated how TW has been conducting their EA. We really fell for the it, when TW said they would listen to community feedback on the game during EA we all assumed they meant our community, but what they really meant was their YouTube audience. I'll admit to this YouTuber TW has done great by him, they interact with him, watch his streams, and they appear to listen to what he has to say.

We on the other hand at this point are mainly just speaking with each other anymore and it is painfully obvious where TW is looking to interact and it isn't here.
  15. Magello

A bit more Life

They really need to do more with the quests and scenes at a minimum. A reason to go through and explore the town would be great and using quests to do so would be great. Right now there is the spy quest but we need more, like finding a missing child in the city, locating a stolen item, or interrogating the gangs to find out who murdered someone. Small individual quests like this to raise relations with the town owners/nobles would be a great way to show off the scenes.
  16. Magello

I can’t wait to build my village into a castle

I would really love such an in-game option... but that's not going to happen officially. That said, the explanation for why this mechanic was scrapped is much more convincing than the one proposed for ambushes :iamamoron: ? .
    It is posts like these which completely dash all hope I have of this game being anything more than it is right now. Too complex and streamlined are the worst phrases from them but the unappealing really hurts. Probably a feature on 90% of peoples top 5 and many have it as what they were most looking forward to.
  17. Magello

Becoming King of existing faction

I don't think there will be any civil war feature at this point. I think the city rebellion is about as far into the weeds as TW wants to go with it.
  18. Magello

Concerns on Pacing of Updates (Subsidized by Turkish Govt)

It might explain why we have what we do in Bannerlord. Never-ending "development" continues with subsidization. A revenue stream plus this could have made TW very lazy and become very unorganized left to their own devices with no external pressure to succeed. The fans were not pressuring them to greatly, I was apart of this group, patiently waiting each week for the devblog and loving everything they were putting out, and watching every Gamescon video I could find. But then, the government money begins to dry up or doesn't go as far as it is needed plus their shrinking revenue stream from sales and they need and injection of cash. Solution, release an EA game nowhere close to finished because you thought you could handle making your own engine and scrapped years of completed work, because you thought the money would always be there and when it stopped you panicked.

From what I see TW is in desperate need of a publisher pushing down their necks. I am almost never for such a thing but they need some kind of pressure, because obviously their fans don't count enough for them to get their act together. Maybe if enough youtubers started bashing them they might send out one of their community managers to make some vague noncommittal post. Heck, if we get enough talking them down they may make another video!

Sorry for the crap post, disappointment and poor sleep.
  19. Magello

So... How is Taleworlds getting away with this?

Well I don't want to be the "devil's advocate" but it resumes quite well the reality:
    • They want to involve the players to iron out any issues and refine the game.
    • They want to bring the game to the level that both community and TW is expecting.
    • They are "hoping" for a productive and efficient EA.
    • During the course of EA, there may be various problems (performances, AI siege...), missing features (banners...) and content (quests...)
    "How is it that TW is able to charge AA(a) price tag for a skeletal sidegraded version of WB, only to rely on the free working community members to flesh it out?" ==> It is too early to affirm that TW is relying on the modders to flesh the game out.
    For sure we may question the fact that they leave obvious bugs (ladders) which clearly upset a lot of players.
    But for now, the game is still under development, and hopefully they will be able to deliver "the nature and scale of game that they have envisioned" in Q4 2021...
    If this is your reality I have a wonderful bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.
  20. Magello

The Idea of Partial Clan Independence - True Vassal Clans

I would like the idea to be able to make a minor faction first before my own kingdom. Or being able to form an actually mercenary company not just being contracted. It would add another level before becoming a vassal or starting your own kingdom.
Back
Top Bottom