Search results for query: *

1. Lynores

The Peloponnesian War - Bug Reports

It has been reported and has been fixed for a long time now. You can find the files in the bugfixes thread.
  2. Lynores

The Peloponnesian War - Bug Reports

Check your pms. Also try these threads if you still get rgl errors:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,183782.msg4403023.html#msg4403023
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,127609.0.html
  3. Lynores

SP Antiquity [WB] Shadows in the Desert - An Ancient Middle East Mod

If there's any possibility given the map you'll use, I would just recommend you do the new travel system with actual ocean terrain instead of triggering the parties to terrain checks and ship icon changes, as you've probably noticed, that little bastard needs to go off every second or so and gets the world map stuttering a lot more than it should. I couldn't do that myself since I needed to cover several islands and lands too far that made the more system-friendly method unpractical, mostly due to the necessity of having lords in and out of them and the fact that too many fords tend to crash the game during map load as well.
  4. Lynores

Beta Project Development (picture heavy)

The lighting still needs work but this should be enough to notice the tridimensional lighting effect instead of the old textured shades (which will still be kept for dx7 users)

Also notice how the greaves just stays the same all the time, since its still the old one, while the cuirass changes according to the line of sight.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

5. Lynores

Phalanx300 said:
    Again what is the accuracy of the armor on the forearms?

None, it is based on Star Wars.

Yoda2.jpg

theAthenian said:
    Specular's too strong.

Lynores said:
    It is shining a bit more than it should, but that's just a test.
  6. Lynores

I will have to be away for maybe a week or two but before I go, an update for greeks.

As some of you know, this is actually an old mod for M&B, back when it only supported normal maps for static objects. 2006 or so if I remember correctly. My idea to get it looking as good as I wanted it to was to play around with shaders until I got nice reflections. Now, with warband, the alpha already released and all the nice system changes, I've decided to stop being lazy and work on less simple models.

I'm not going to bore you with modding terms, but basically what it does is make the cuirass model look alive, check the first pictures. You see almost no detail, depending on the angle of sight and light source, as you would if looking at a modern replica cuirass, for instance.

Now the same model in the same scene, viewed from different angles:

It is shining a bit more than it should, but that's a just a test. The new model, reworked, leather straps added, retextured from scrath, remapped and with new specularity and normal maps.

Now I probably wont just be changing models, because I'm worried about players who cant play under directx 9, as they'd miss all the features and actually get a worse texture than the first old ones, because of the lack of shader support. I have some plans regarding that, I'll see what I can do.

7. Lynores

Faction Research: Gaul

There are several anachronistic materials in the first page. I'll just wait for Sahran's pm, no problem.
  8. Lynores

SP Antiquity [WB] Shadows in the Desert - An Ancient Middle East Mod

Angry Newbie said:
    Wish i had these when i was doing them sea scenes for Lynores. Working with one boring Trireme sucks.

You might want to just use those scenes you made to help sitd just by replacing my model with their ships when its done if they want help, since that one model I did is the only one fitting for tpw's timeframe right now.

Sahran said:

Bow is Alxcruel's with Kuauik's texture, sword is Lynores, helmet is kuauik's, bow case too. May have to adjust the normalmap or specular variables. Really hope not to have to go back and adjust shading again, but there may be an easier method if I have to.

Getting better and better, bud.
  9. Lynores

Yeah, I'll just edit it out until its done. The variation's fold will be higher like in the first cloak's right side, it will also be shorter for celts. On a sidenote, I'll probably be taking some days off, have to handle some things. Once I'm back I'll get to the rest of the factions.
  10. Lynores

Faction Research: Gaul

I will be moving on these guys next. If anyone has further references, please post here.
  11. Lynores

A mesh and color variation. Wip as the other one.

12. Lynores

This new cloak might be used for another slot, I'll think about it. The cuirass is just an existing random one for testing purposes, all of its decoration patterns are greek and accurate to the timeframe.

Like I mentioned in the post, it will be primarily used for the gaul faction, some references can be seen in the apropriate research thread, which is more or less what I'm aiming for with that model.

EDIT:

Might use this for some of the optional package units later on as well, not sure yet, perhaps with a few tweaks.
  13. Lynores

Thanks. Hopefullly these guys will turn into a nice diverse faction when they're merged with thracians. Should be a good break from phalanx fighting. I'll be changing persia and samnites a little as well, I'm not happy with them yet, some lack details, others lack specularity and normals , or have too bright colors and so on.

Some work in progress for lower tier units. Osprey's reconstructions were kept for the patterns.

EDIT:

And yet another one, this time pattern friendly. The pin will be replaced and the whole thing adapted to celt references. Needs to be rescaled and several adjustments, but anyway.

14. Lynores

Being over five years old, these guys needed some love. They're to be merged with thracians into the new faction. Thracians will also get some new models. Still wip.

15. Lynores

Faction Research: Odrysian Kingdom

The Thracians 700 BC-AD 46 (Men-at-Arms), it seems. It doesnt even mention them on the map. I was going back through the same source yesterday and I'll have to agree with romphaia and sahran regarding celtic influence. What I believe could be done to a safer extent is to use some of the celtic designs from those shields and give it to celts themselves. Aside from that, unless someone finds something relevant enough on dacians, I'll probably have to scrap the new items plans, which is unfortunate to me as well.
  16. Lynores

From the research I've done the last two days it seems that getae are a safer way to go as well. I'm putting the development on hold until this is looked into, else I'll risk working on anachronistic material for nothing.
  17. Lynores

The Peloponnesian War - Open Alpha Test Feedback

Tournament is a place holder, I've just replaced the native one with scene and weapons, it'll be changed for the beta. Regarding the macedonians, I was planning to create a script to implement reforms and there are inconsistencies because of that. It'll be changed as well as some other factions for better accuracy, as I mentioned in the download thread. Another change will be the addition of the macedonian smaller shield for that specific timeframe and different units.
  18. Lynores

hey i have a problem in the game plz help

check these threads:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,183782.msg4403023.html#msg4403023
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,127609.0.html
  19. Lynores

Exactly what I was looking for right now. Thanks.
  20. Lynores

Still lacking references for clothing patterns and shield devices, if you happen to find some. I believe this one needs a rescale at the top.

Back
Top Bottom