Search results for query: *

1. Jarl Malcolm

? Alpha & Beta Branches Feedback

If you open the dev console, and use the command "campaign.print_issue_statistics" it will give you some information on quests, including how many villages don't have quests. There are roughly 250 villages in the game, so you can use that to figure out roughly how many villages still have quests available. In my experience, it falls to about 30/250 villages with quests in about half a years time. The problem also has to do with saving and reloading, so how long it takes for the number of quests to drop depends on how long you play in one sitting after starting a new campaign.
    This seems to be extremelly helpful, if you see a thread about this in the technical support, consider letting them know this there as well!
  2. Jarl Malcolm

- There has appeared to be a nerf to the AI of cavalry and horse archers (unintentional? I hope...) that skews the balance even more in favor of foot archers.
    - Village quests seem to stop appearing after you have progressed far enough in the game. Something is preventing them from continuing to spawn.
    - Lot's of bugs still (quests missing rewards, some players can't start game or start campaign - possible hardware compatibility issue?, texture and graphical issues, etc.)
    Not the first time I read about the balance change to AI cavalry, but do you have an idea of what is far enough in the game for village quests to stop appearing?
  3. Jarl Malcolm

I had the same issue with the crash entering your conquered castle. Such horrible timing I had to win a second battle too when they all came down on me. Just when I was feeling hot after winning all that... lol, crash.

The hotfix just dropped. I'll test later to see if there are any further issues. I'm glad this one came quick. Thanks to TW.
    It seems to have been fixed by the hotfix, let me know if it works for you too!
  4. Jarl Malcolm

Both fixed in the recent hotfix.
    Brilliant!
  5. Jarl Malcolm

[1.4.3]
    Bug from 1.4.3 afaik
    Thank you for that!

Lords/ladies sometimes never return to the campaign map after being taken prisoner. This happens most noticeably with family members (brother/sister + wife/husband), but I've also seen it with faction/clan leaders.
    I started a Khuzait and have high rep with numerous villages from quests and I was about to post that the Khuzait Noble line appears to be missing, this potentially explains the issue I guess but I am still not sure.
    These two issues could be problematic, anyone else experiencing these?
  6. Jarl Malcolm

Bug Reports 1.4.3 beta
    These are great, but would you mind adding a little '1.4.3' in front of the issues you didn't experience before 1.4.3, to pinpoint those related to that patch? Thank you so much!
  7. Jarl Malcolm

im gettning the same thing, you have to forcebly shut the game down
    Thank you very much for confirming the issue

For other bugs mentionned, I'm getting mixed results, if anybody can confirm if they are experiencing the issues of Barter problem / Poros Entering / and Guard faces reliably let me know!
  8. Jarl Malcolm

The Legendary Smith perk (level 275) in the smithing skill is no longer available. The patch notes didn't mention anything about it being removed intentionally either.

When you are in attack dialogue screen with looters or forest bandits and they ask to join you. If you allow them to join you, you are taken to troops screen, add them to your army. It then goes back to your original dialogue screen and freezes. You cant select any options or quit. You have to hard close the program through task manager.

Thank you both, I'll test these myself and if I can reproduce them, I'll add them to the table!
  9. Jarl Malcolm

Ok folks, this seems like the biggest patch so far, I'm eager to play and I'll be updating the thread tomorrow, but please comment here if you find new bugs introduced in this patch!
  10. Jarl Malcolm

Yesterday's update was mostly about multiplayer, but comment if you notice any changes in singleplayer!
  11. Jarl Malcolm

I was thinking of starting a new playthrough after a couple of weeks off. I see the feedback for 1.4.2 been very positive but the fief distribution issue seems to be quite a big one. Can anyone here clarify how big the issue really is for a regular playthrough and are we in a good place with where the game is compared to 2 months ago?
    Beta 1.4.2 is the most stable I've experienced since the start of the Beta, nothing in the patch notes indicate that the fief distribution has been adressed but it isn't a major problem in my saves, it's on the list because of feedback
  12. Jarl Malcolm

The latest alpha branch has caused some issues related to male/female. I've noticed it most often when being introduced to ladies but also have noticed some incorrect pronouns in other dialogues. This appears to be a new problem.
    Noted, is this also for new games?

The face enemy command isn't working correctly in many situations. For example when I attack sea raider hideouts they will face away away from the enemy even when there is only one force in one particular direction. This causes heavy loses unless I micro their orientation toward missile troops.
    If you create a thread regarding this, link it here and I'll add this issue to the main tables
  13. Jarl Malcolm

Yeah but this thread used to have a lot of issues reported and hasnt had any of the big issues in 1.4.1 hotfix like everlasting war reported
    Beta 1.4.0 was the least stable version for me, I like to verify myself issues before adding them in the thread. So after 1.4.0 I was relying solely on feedback, after a while I started waiting for 1.5.0. I will continue to update the thread, I will continue to update the main post if comments include a link to a problem that arised with that version of the game, but it just happen that the wait for 1.5.0 became apparent.
    Something similar happened in 1.2.0, I had to take a pause because that version was not stable on my rig (but I have a special configuration so it's not necessarily the fault of the game) but the next patch happened so quickly that the pause was not noticed.
    Another problem I had was the last two times I tried to update this table (I normally make all the update in one go) the site crashed, losing everything I updated.

I can promise this :
    -> Feedback commented here with a link discussing that issue will be added to it's respective table.
    -> As soon as a more stable version exists I'll go back to verifying issues myself.

Im guessing the thread will get updated once a new version number gets released; e.g, v1.5, 1.5.x, &c.
    This is true, I still need to update for the 1.4.0/1.4.1
    I feel this thread has deviated somewhat from its original function, from what it used to do before.
    At least from my point of view.
    As to how it differs now from then relative to my understanding is something i might try and elaborate upon at a later date if needed
    You are right, this thread was originally for noteworthy changes, with the recent smaller updates, this thread became a compilation of updates. The goal of the thread was to point out if any changes reduced stability or a feature broke to make sure that this issue stayed in a lower branch (for example to prevent an issue that arised in Beta 1.X.0 to be pushed into Main 1.X.0).
    Also, at the start of this thread, TaleWorlds announced that they would shortly start an Alpha Branch. This thread was supposed to become 'comments on the process of Alpha -> Beta -> Main'.
  14. Jarl Malcolm

Your most highlighted issue (red and two exclamation points for being left alone) "AI blocking is still broken" seems debatable at this point, since while worse troops are worse that's also the intention of the changes that lead to low skill units blocking less.
    The exclamation marks indicate when the number of time this issue moved from one patch to another without being tweaked, it doesn't mean that it's the most urgent.
    Also, if you played before Beta 1.1.0, you will notice that the AI often can't block now compared to before. They tweaked it, it's better, but since this thread is about a comparison between before Beta 1.1.0 and after, I can't remove this issue until the blocking is as good as before Beta 1.1.0.
    I started a new campaign.

No one makes peace now, on their own. Vlandia (faction I joined) is at war with 5 factions.

My clan started at level 1, instead of 0 in my new playthrough.

There is a bug that allows me to propose peace elections even though I am a mercenary. This happens when I click the Kingdoms tab, go to diplomacy and propose button appears clickable. If click something else in the tab before proposing, "propose" button grays out, as it should be.

If I propose peace election by this method I start to pay all mercenary contracts within the kingdom.

Game does not report dealt/taken damage during missions.

Armed trader skills are still wrong and do not fit to their equipment.
    Interesting, can you link threads regarding these issues?
  15. Jarl Malcolm

Beta 1.4.1 is out! There's a lot of new content so this thread will be updated as soon as I can, but, as always, link threads discussing issues that arised with this specific patch!
  16. Jarl Malcolm

Just found another bug in my current game where everytime i hire a companion or even press the clan tab, the game just shuts down in Beta 1.4. This is after the recent hotfix. Makes zero sense. I put 20 hours into this save and would have liked to continue it,
    Is anyone else running into certain bushes on horseback and being completely stopped? I feel like there's a collision problem with those. Just showed up in the 1.4 beta.
    I don't have a screenshot, but they're medium sized bushes that are about as high as a horse's head.
    If you create independant threads on your issues, have confirmation from fellow forum users that they also experience this problem and then link the threads here, I'll add your issues to the table.
  17. Jarl Malcolm

@Jarl Malcolm Update it for 1.3.1 brother, a few more fixes have been added including the bankrupt lords issue
    I was waiting for a confirmation about this issue, since it was adressed a couple of times over the last patches, glad that it's fixed! It's now updated
  18. Jarl Malcolm

I don't really get into all the details of each patch, but by a glance i see the commitment to make this thread a hub for hotfixes, very well done.

One important advice tho: each individual post has a limit of 40k characters, and it takes into account all the BBcode ones, spaces and everything, it fills up faster than you'd expect. I highly suggest asking a couple of individuals here to delete their posts (since you havent "reserved" one) that stand in between your OP and your first next post or 2, so you can connect 2-3 posts in case of need.
    By the looks of it, you will need it very soon, unless you wouldn't mind deleting some very old patches info from the tabels.

I speak from experience, happened to me once, at the worst moment ?
    My first long thread so thank you for letting me know!

Not needed anymore, in the new forums we can now make space for him, he just needs to ask :smile:
    I didn't know this, then I would like to ask for maybe one or two reserved comments under the main thread please?
    Thank you!
  19. Jarl Malcolm

UPDATED 07/05/2020 for Beta 1.4.0 and Main 1.3.0

As always, let me know if any issue arise with this specific patch and if some of the new content doesn't work as intended!
  20. Jarl Malcolm

Having particular problem since yesterday's Hotpatch
    https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...e-with-enemy-lord-update.421932/#post-9425454
    In short if I attack Patyr I get frozen in the pre-battle dialogue...... problematic since he's trying to take my ****
    Added to the Beta 1.3.0 table, with a link to the thread and to the developer's comment, thank you!
Back
Top Bottom