Search results for query: *

1. Glatix

In Progress Companions are not taking party positions

The issue you have reported has been forwarded to our QA team for further investigation. We might need additional information regarding this issue, such as screenshots or videos, save files or dump reports. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
    Way late but if this is still in progress, the exact trigger for the issue is when you recall a companion to your party via clan management. They will return as intended but you will not be able to give them a role in your party. Hope this helps!
  2. Glatix

Blocking with weapons too effective

It has nothing to do with skill, since it's not about people's capabilities it's about the way it negatively impacts the flow and aesthetic of the combat gameplay. It's not specifically even a balance issue, since even if the units were balanced power wise the mechanics of this just look and feel bad.
    The lance thing in isolation is admittedly goofy. As for the AI's better blocking ability, I've noticed that it's not universal. Higher tier troops are better at blocking and timing attacks (not just attacking or blocking faster, mind you, but doing things like feinting). Lower tier troops are worse at fighting altogether.

I like these changes, it makes a swordfight feel like more than just mindlessly spamming attacks. You have to actually focus on dueling the AI.
  3. Glatix

Blocking with weapons too effective

Not to be reductive but this is a skill issue more than a balance issue. You have a ton of available tools to make combat easier that the AI can't use to begin with. You can time a jab with a horse-bump to break their block, you can feint to throw them off, you can get off your horse and find a different weapon, you can literally kick them to death.
  4. Glatix

So taleworlds, some modder fixed the most glaring issue in sieges

A modder by the name of ZiggiBoy101 fixed that issue where the AI go up siege towers in groups of like 3-4. He describes what he did in detail right here in the mod's description: https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/3345 Given that the game has been out for like an...
  5. Glatix

WTF ARE U DOING

You're optimistic!

On a more serious note, at their current rate of progress (six months to complete ~25% of this list) I'd say another 12-18 months of work would be needed to turn Bannerlord into a finished game and good sequel. So, I'd say TW could accomplish that by late 2022-early 2023.

At least the recent two patches combined had some nice content. As long as every patch has significant new content and/or major fixes I don't mind if they need to push back release dates.
    Honestly, having some estimate of completion is at least comforting.
  6. Glatix

SP - Battles & Sieges Let us choose between the types of siege towers/ladders used

So, in the present build of the game, some siege towers have serious pathing issues with the AI. I've done sieges where the attacking troops use only a single ladder on a three ladder siege tower, and just die one by one. On the other end, I've seen maps where 100% of the attacking troops use...
  7. Glatix

SP - General Please add along side Rebellions the Civil War mechanics

+1 This would be a marvelous feature!
  8. Glatix

SP - General A letter to Taleworlds...

A decent proposal from a customer followed by a passive aggressive answer from a toxic fan boy, how typical.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, even the most contrarian among us. I for one have a lot of faith in Taleworlds. They've always been forward about wanting to listen to their community, and I sincerely hope that they'll let us lend a hand!
  9. Glatix

A decent proposal from a customer followed by a passive aggressive answer from a toxic fan boy, how typical.
    People are certainly entitled to their opinions, as contrarian as some may be.

I think that Taleworlds has always remained close to their community, and while handing over the full suite might
    Won't happen because you answered it yourself.

And that's because: Huray it's still in development.

I don't see the point why you writing this. You basically said : Gib modding powah !!1 - but in the same post you manage to explain why it will not happen until full release. The speed and some decisions of the whole EA thing here is worth another discussion ... but :

d63edd9af879f866baea5e3c5b506959.jpg
    You may have misunderstood the original post. What I propose is for Taleworlds to lend us modding tools for the purpose of expediting development. Community bug fixes are common across a myriad of games (just look at the Bethesda community), and there's no reason why they can't be utilized here.

As it stands, Taleworlds has to single-handedly comb every update in search of bugs, balance issues, and other problems. The only outside help they receive is from the players who report these problems. This slows the development cycle by forcing Taleworlds to focus on bugs and balance instead of implementing more features.

Things like bug-fixes, scene mapping, asset design, and balance testing can all be aided by the community. Just look at the rebellion mechanic added in 1.5.6, it was heavily derived from a mod called Separatism. Taleworlds has always been great at using community ideas as a framework for features. Viking Conquest is another good example, as they used numerous features from the popular Diplomacy mod to add depth to the expansion.

My entire point is that the game IS unstable from update to update, which costs serious time by necessitating periods where the game's build needs to be rendered stable again. We can SAVE that time by simply allowing third party modders to crowdsource the busywork and let Taleworlds focus on giving us the features we want.

Of course, if you have an alternative solution, you're obviously free to make a suggestion!
  10. Glatix

Dear Taleworlds, Bannerlord is a sandbox game that was sold on the premise of mod-support, and yet the only thing that the modding community has to work with is a scene and asset editor. While such features are useful, they've created a situation in which massive overhaul mods like Kingdoms of...
  11. Glatix

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Implement Dynasties and Make Clans smaller

In a nutshell, what I suggest is to replace the large clans in the game with Dynasties, and then apply the term 'Clans' to a smaller group of nobles limited to a single holding. The idea is split into a few key aspects, which I'll describe in detail. Dynasties To give an example of this...
  12. Glatix

Dev Blog 07/02/19

Time to add murder fines to the ol' budget sheet.
  13. Glatix

Dev Blog 17/01/19

I don't care how many of these fancy "siege engines" they say we can use. All this new fangled "strategy" is no match for a classic "charge up a single ladder" attack.
  14. Glatix

Dev Blog 03/05/18

AnthonyStarkofWinterfell said:
    The Vlandians send their regards!

And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
  15. Glatix

Dev Blog 05/04/18

Yes... yes... YES!!!
Back
Top Bottom