Search results for query: *

1. Silverthief

Questions on a Timetable for Expanded Features Post Release

Playing through Bannerlord now and immediately after release it is clear that so much loving and careful work has been put into expanding the games base features and addressing balance issues, not to mention the tireless hours of bug fixing that has gone toward making this game the beautiful and...
  2. Silverthief

Honest Discussion- Issues with features that were not included with release

do you guys know if taking over those back alley street gangs is in yet? Ive engaged in a fight with one a few times and got some nice rewards but wasnt able to take over their territory. am i missing something or is it not implemented yet?
  3. Silverthief

Dev Blog 10/05/18

Ammsamdoij said:
    I'm sorry. I really look forward to this game. I am more hyped for this game than any other and that does say something. But the whole release date thing is angering me. I started following this game 2 years ago, I know many of you have longer but in general, 2 years of following a game pre-release is a long time. That was in July of 2016. I had played Warband before this and noticed a new one was in development. I immediately showed it to my friend and we both became very hyped instantly. Taleworlds told us the game would be coming out before the end of the year. However, as we eased into November, and there still was little more info on this and I became skeptical.

December passed with no word on release. I do believe a Steam page was created shortly after in January of 2017 though. We were told it should come out in 2017. In July and August at E3 and Gamescon, we were told they were confident it would be finished before the end of the year. 2017 would pass. Dev Blogs became less informative and seemed to be more about stalling than giving us meaningful info on the game. We were promised a playable form of the game in 2017. This never happend.

Here we are, nearly halfway through 2018 and there has been little word on release until now-- We will see new stuff of Bannerlord at Gamescon. That is 3 months away. There will be 4 months left of 2018 at this time and they are going to be showing us gameplay footage. If this gameplay footage follows the pattern of previous, it will be meaningless;  showing maybe some new multiplayer footage against bots. It's safe to say the game will not be coming out in 2018. This is extremely frustrating. From what I've heard it was supposed to come out in 2014 originally but has been repeatedly delayed to where we are now. As a fan, I feel lied to and stalled.

People will say that it is better for developers to take their time with games so they don't come out a rushed, buggy mess. These people are correct but I think that 6 years is more than enough time to sort bugs out. The developers have said that they want to release the game perfect. This worries me. The game will never be perfect. No games are perfect. Don't waste your's and my time trying to make a game perfect. It doesn't need to be and if that is what you are trying to do then I have my doubts this game will ever be released. Games can always be updated and improved. But by not releasing after this long wait you are causing 3 things:
                1. You are dividing the fanbase before the game is even out.
                2. You are raising expectations with every month that passes.
                3. The game is becomes more outdated.

That is all I have to say. I know this wall of text is far from a masterpiece but I needed to vent. If it is grammatically incorrect I apologize. I typed this on a phone and I have large, clumsy thumbs. Spellcheck made dozens of corrections during this, I doubt they are all correct. I genuinely am excited for this game. I say this as a fan, not as a hater.

preach!!! I agree completely I've been following this since they announced it 2012 and at this point id be down for something ANYTHING of Bannerlord.  Doesn't even have to be a full release just like a beta or the arena mode just something they have mostly finished.  At the very least I would like it if they would be blunt and tell us without any doubt whether or not we can expect it this year.
  4. Silverthief

Dev Blog 18/01/18

[quote author=Steve Negus]

DO COMPANIONS/HEROES HAVE AN EVEN MORE IN-DEPTH PERSONAL BACKGROUND THAN IN WARBAND?
    “In Warband, we concentrated a lot of the elements of a traditional role-playing game into the companion system - they told you the lore, their preferences forced you to make choices, etc. In Bannerlord, we've spread the role-playing elements around more evenly. There are a lot more potential companions in Bannerlord, and they have backstories, but we want the companion system to feel more open-ended. We want for it to be possible for companions to die (and give the player, say, a motivation to avenge them) or, alternately, for a player to appoint lots of companions to lordships. To that end, we've taken out some of the pre-scripted companion interactions in favor of a more dynamic system. Also, more lords have backstories and those backstories matter more in how the game unfolds.”

[/quote]

I'm just gonna assume for a moment that companions can die and because of this nobles can die.  If they'e gonna do a whole heir/claimant system, is the in-game time gonna be sped up?  I don't think that it would maintain even a semblance of realism if it progresses day to day as Warband does.  If they go this route do you think they'll make it so time progresses more quickly like maybe weeks at a time?  Would that also put a more definitive end date on the sandbox since your player would die of old age?  Also, side note, can the player die too, as in Viking Conquest?  To combat this do you think that they'll add a whole character trait and relationship feature similar to CK2?  And if they don't go the heir/claimant route and do randomly generated new lords, how do you think they'll handle the backstories and stuff that Steve is making sound totally badass?  Just a few quick thoughts.  :grin:
  5. Silverthief

Dev Blog 18/01/18

Auldman said:
    "WHAT'S THE MOST DIFFICULT THING THAT YOU SOLVED SO FAR?
    “The game is not out and I don't know if we've solved this problem, but one of the big challenges is to have events that are generated by dynamic sandbox events, and are good strategies for the NPCs to adopt, but that also make sense to the player. An example of what we want to avoid, from Warband: we introduced feasts, which were a way that factions could spend resources to repair relations between lords that were damaged by the ebb and flow of war. The problem, though, was that the strategically ideal time to hold a feast was when you were in the middle of a war, which didn't seem right from a narrative perspective. So there are a lot of moving parts in the game, and we're trying to get them to work together in a way that makes sense from both a strategy and an RPG perspective.”

WHAT DO YOU CURRENTLY WORK ON?
    “I'm currently working on dialogs for quests. These can get quite complicated, because we want to have lots of small quests that offer meaningful branching choices but may also be given out by characters with different personalities. We're also trying to work out a main storyline quest that absorbs the player but complements the sandbox struggle for power rather than seeming like two parallel games.”"

Oh dear. That doesn't sound like they are even remotely close. You should have already nailed down a main quest at this point in the production. Yeesh.

I think maybe what he's saying is that they're mainly working to improve the interplay between the campaign and the sandbox, not that they don't have a main quest line in mind.  :?:
Back
Top Bottom