Search results for query: *

1. Saxon1974

Bug report for 0.97

stevehoos said:
    Saxon1974 said:
    Thanks so much for the work on this mod!

Which version is the most stable beta .97 the download from nexus or using the SVN update? I assume SVN update is .97 but with bug fixes or does it create new bugs? My character was missing knees until I added some pants and then in store inventory in London there is Bare Legs for sale as Armour:smile:

The .97 update has more bugs, the SVN in progress has some fixes applied but is not perfect. I would do the SVN update if I were you, it's better. Don't get started on a long game unless you are prepared to not update the SVN again for awhile.

Thanks, I think I will wait a while before starting a long playthrough again as my time is pretty limited for gaming. Thanks for the response. Mod is looking great.
  2. Saxon1974

Bug report for 0.97

Thanks so much for the work on this mod!

Which version is the most stable beta .97 the download from nexus or using the SVN update? I assume SVN update is .97 but with bug fixes or does it create new bugs? My character was missing knees until I added some pants and then in store inventory in London there is Bare Legs for sale as Armour:smile:
  3. Saxon1974

Update on ad1257 0.97v.

I can wait Drthomas so take your time and finish it. Great work so far...by far my favorite mod and appreciate all your work so far
  4. Saxon1974

SCREENSHOTS!

Yea man it makes playing M&B a whole lot more satisfying when you can have 600 plus men on the field at once. What I'm not sure about though is my max men is like 800 but I never seem to see more than about 500 on screen at once. I wonder if that's related to the max re-enforcements setting of 100 combined with tactics skill? Looks like max re-enforcements is 100 and I dont see a way to make that larger.

Would be cool if I could get like 1000 men on the screen at once. If I do so I'll post some screens.
  5. Saxon1974

SCREENSHOTS!

Got a nice new powerful machine that can handle an almost unlimited amount of men on the field, so I thought I would post some screens playing my favorite mod.

An english Knight rides to battle agains the Irish hoards.

mb6.jpg

A large battle as reserves wait in the distance:

mb29.jpg

mb25.jpg

England rides towards a forest battle:

mb7.jpg

Forest battle:

mb35.jpg

My men wait for the arrival of the Robber Knight. It was tough fighting in this ravine and horseback. The Robber Knight was tough to kill but he was dumb enough to charge into my men solo in a steam on a horse so he was surrounded and killed.

mb49.jpg

Cheers
  6. Saxon1974

Manor house in second village?

Thank you alekskoles for your answers....cheers
  7. Saxon1974

alekskoles said:
    Saxon1974 said:
    Does this mean once I build my first fortified manor that I will lose all tax revenue and control of any other villages?
    No. The villages taxes will be fine. You will loose control on all their manors outside villages
    Saxon1974 said:
    Or is it if I try and build an additional fortified manor from a building near a village when I have already built a fortified manor somewhere else it will then cause tax income not to work for the new fortified manor I tried to build? Does it break income in just the one location or everywhere else?
    You can build only one fortified manor near your first village. All other manors near your other villages can't be fortified
    Saxon1974 said:
    If I build a fortified manor and then dont try and build another somewhere else
    This is a correct way. Build one fortified manor and not build any other manors - waste the money. You will get abt 8000 profit from fortified manor goods, and taxes from all your villages.

So what about existing manors already attached to fiefs that I get? Building a fortified manor will cause me to lose control of all existing manors in any other fiefs I control correct?

Is it worth it then to build the one fortified manor? What do you lose from not being able to control a manor?

thanks for the feedback, I just started fortifying a manor in my game and I want to do it correctly.
  8. Saxon1974

A bit confused on this one.

Does this mean once I build my first fortified manor that I will lose all tax revenue and control of any other villages? Or just the additional building outside of the village?

Or is it if I try and build an additional fortified manor from a building near a village when I have already built a fortified manor somewhere else it will then cause tax income not to work for the new fortified manor I tried to build? Does it break income in just the one location or everywhere else?

If I build a fortified manor and then dont try and build another somewhere else should I still get all the tax income from other villages\buildings?

I really like the fortified manor but if its going to cause me not to get tax income from other villages\buildings I might wait a while in hope that the bug gets fixed.

Thanks.
  9. Saxon1974

Strategy mid game

Ok, thanks for the feedback. I think I am going to join England for a while and see how that goes...
  10. Saxon1974

Strategy mid game

Curious for the people who have played this game alot.... I'm about level 15, have a fairly good size army and have been a mercenary and build up some income. I'm not sure if I want to swear fealty to a kingdom or try and take one for my own. I was thinking of trying to take Scotland or Ireland...
  11. Saxon1974

Anybody who want the good old 1257AD music,come here.

Oh man I would love the old music, please send to me if you can. Thanks!
  12. Saxon1974

The new Subversion.

This is a great mod and I have had tons of hours of fun with it. I love historical mods and this is by far my favorite.

I have changed my sig to this mod to support the mod. I tried to endorse this mod on the mount & blade nexus but it gives me an error saying I cannot do that since I did not download it from that site. If there is any other way I can support the mod let me know.

Anyways, just wanted to say I appreciate all the efforts of those that work on this mod. Great work!
  13. Saxon1974

New Settlements - what do they do?

Ok thanks drThomas.

I don't own a village yet. Once I have ownership of a village that is where I can upgrade to fortified manor?

Is the village where I can fortify preset when I start a game or based on the first village I own?
  14. Saxon1974

Starting tips?

Did not know about that tavern feature....that's great thanks for that.

Also does not appear they tell you their skills before paying to hire them...at least most that I have seen.
  15. Saxon1974

Starting tips?

Battlefield looting seems like a cheat really.

A couple other questions for a noob to this mod;

1) does it matter how many days have passed in the game? Does the game get harder later on when lots of days have passed? Im asking because I have been been taken prisoner alot and I am on day 40and and only level 8.

2) I have only found companions who have fighting skills. For trading,healing,path finding should I just train those ob my character? Or I guess I can train the companions but might be hard as some are high level already.

Thanks
  16. Saxon1974

ah thanks

Some of them are quite nice. Too bad there is no reason to enter them.

Why dialog at all if its pointless?
  17. Saxon1974

So I'm finding lots of places like Monasteries, Armories etc...but in all of them when I talk to them they say something like "What can I do for you?" and only response is "Nothing-thanks". Are these not complete yet or do I need to do something to use them?
  18. Saxon1974

Curious what difficulty you think this mod is balanced on?

Granted it probably varies for everyone. What difficulty do you play on? I had mine around 80% and then I changed my battlesize to 750 and it went up to 140%. Makes sense since if your fighting an army with 300 men and you have only 75 you would have to fight all 300 at the same time. For...
  19. Saxon1974

Tweak Guides to improve graphics?

Ok, thanks.

There were many tweaks like that for Skyrim so I just thought I would ask here.
  20. Saxon1974

Tweak Guides to improve graphics?

Anyone know of a guide on tweaking the game to improve graphics? I found that increasing battle_size setting in the rgl_config.txt file adds more troops to battles. Can adjusting any of these other settings in the file make the game look better?
Back
Top Bottom