Search results for query: *

1. Suspicious_Man

Resolved Scene Editor FPS stuck at 6-8 while in edit mode

This MIGHT be the same one? Both of my monitors went black for a few seconds on this one so I think GPU crashed and had to restart.

2023-02-01_23.41.22_d3d1b4c9296755d96c743e746dce35fd
  2. Suspicious_Man

Bumping this to reopen. Just had my screen flash black when opening a scene and the editor crashed to desktop. Upon relaunching the modding kit and opening the editor, my FPS dropped to 6-8. If I click off of the editor and into another application the FPS seems to rebound just fine, but clicking back into the editor kills FPS again.

Here are a few crashes that I got this evening after trying to test out the editor after this started happening again:

opening a scene in the scene editor:

2023-01-03_00.25.00_d3d1b4c9296755d96c743e746dce35fd
    2023-01-03_00.38.57_d3d1b4c9296755d96c743e746dce35fd

moving camera around in the scene editor:

2023-01-03_00.50.13_d3d1b4c9296755d96c743e746dce35fd

exiting scene editor:

2023-01-03_00.58.42_d3d1b4c9296755d96c743e746dce35fd

All of these crashes are happening now with the new GPU drivers (527.56), I have not tried reinstalling the editor again in case you need me to test certain things with this broken one. Please advise.
  3. Suspicious_Man

A full reinstall of bannerlord and the editor alongside an update of drivers to 527.56 seems to have fixed this issue.
  4. Suspicious_Man

Summary: As soon as the scene editor opens, my FPS drops to between 6 and 8 while I am in the editor. As soon as I tab out of it, I am back up to 144. It is making the editor impossible to use. I've verified files but nothing needs to be downloaded/fixed. I have tried lowering settings and it...
  5. Suspicious_Man

Need More Info Scene Editor RGL error when painting layers, saving a scene, or moving layers up or down levels

Yes I've still seen it happen. I think what's maybe going on is either too many layers are being used or what's being painted is too complex. In subsequent scenes when I've had this happen I can usually avert it by just deleting a paint layer. Anything over 10 I stay away from now. There really should be some sort of warning/error kicked out that tells you you're at the max/limit instead of just breaking things though, as I suspect it depends on how large your scene is.
  6. Suspicious_Man

In Progress Ambient sounds not playing in MP

Yes, this is all MP scenes, and this has been an outstanding issue at least since September/October. Numerous other people have mentioned it in the modding discord, I'm just the first one to make a bug report about it since it wasn't getting fixed in subsequent patches. It should be trivial to replicate in one of two ways:

1) Make an MP scene in the editor, add an ambient sound effect (or a master sound effect), put the scene on a server, and play on it. You won't hear the sounds.

2) Alternatively, have someone in QA look at the MP scenes which already exist in the editor and search for where ambient sounds have been placed, then go stand in those areas on an MP server and you will see they don't play. Also, the scene makers themselves should be able to pretty easily determine that the sounds they put in their scenes aren't working the way they should be.

For example, after verifying integrity of game files just now I hopped on TW official MP servers and saw that Azar Stronghold (mp_siege_map_009) should have 'desert_ambient_sound' playing, but is instead silent.

Let me know if you have any other questions or would like to discuss further.
  7. Suspicious_Man

In Progress Ambient sounds not playing in MP

Summary: Ambient and master sound doesn't play in MP scenes. Only exception are weather sounds made when you turn on rain/snow in the sceneoptions menu. How to Reproduce: Add a sound to MP scene, play the scene. Scene Name (if related): All of them Media (Screenshots & Video): Computer Specs...
  8. Suspicious_Man

Can't connect to lobby

Login servers appear to be down, I don't think it's a bug so much as no one will be able to log in until TW restarts them/fixes them. This seems to happen pretty frequently over the weekend, is there no one on call over the weekend to reboot the server?
  9. Suspicious_Man

Need More Info Scene Editor RGL error when painting layers, saving a scene, or moving layers up or down levels

Summary: When creating a new paint layer, painting with a paint layer, or saving a scene, your paint layer(s) may suddenly take on checkerboard patterns, sometimes with the text "MISSING TEXTURE", and in your editor console you may get the message "rglGPU_device::create_texture_array failed at...
  10. Suspicious_Man

In Progress Scene Editor Export Heightmap Not Working Correctly

Summary: There are issues with fidelity when exporting a heightmap in the scene editor. It appears to create a black bar on the top of the heightmap image, and there are areas which appear to glitch and either add elevation or remove it. How to Reproduce: Create a 16x16, 52 node size, 128x128...
  11. Suspicious_Man

Cavalry Needs a Nerf

The pushing is extremely annoying.

Last night I was playing battle and an enemy infantry jumped onto a ledge. I jumped up there with him to fight on even ground. As we're fighting, a friendly cav charges in trying to lance the enemy and runs into me. His horse pushes me off the ledge and takes 75% of my HP.

And countless times I have been pushed into enemy swings or moved so that the swing goes around my block.
    It's also infuriating to be pushed into someone so you glance/have your attack cancelled when you would have otherwise landed a hit just because either friendly or enemy cav slammed into you.
  12. Suspicious_Man

*Eight simple ways to improve Banner lord multiplayer and a poll to see the priority.

I'm curious, why do people want to allow crouching during combat? If it's anything like it is in chiv2 with people squatkicking all over the battlefield it looks incredibly stupid, and it's only really necessary there because they don't let you actually hold blocks.

I'd be fine with allowing people to swing/block while crouched as long as they can't transition from squat/stand or stand/squat while swinging/blocking and the animation time stays like it is now. I.e. allow an archer to crouch down and shoot, don't allow a person in active combat to spam the squat button while actively swinging/fighting.
  13. Suspicious_Man

Why is cav Knockdown in Multi ???

Personally I'm fine with it if works with anything braceable/couchable. It should probably only work with body/headshots that deal a certain amount of damage though. Part of me wants to see it work for billhooks/bardiches/falx/2h axe too since those weapons are pretty short and if you're getting hit in the head/upper body by them as cav you already messed up.
  14. Suspicious_Man

Patch Notes e1.8.0

this has no place in Multiplayer.

Holy **** that's amazing maybe now infantry will stand a chance against cav spam
  15. Suspicious_Man

Any "serious" mod teams looking at an Equipment Buy system?

what's a CC group
    Sorry, Calradic Campaign, it's run out of the M&B community discord. I work with/make scenes for them. They put on monthly native events in warband but will probably be moving over to bannerlord soon (or whenever we get servers at least).
  16. Suspicious_Man

Probably at least some of it will be. I'm really hoping some talented folks just come out and give us some solid tools to build off of, sort of like what Adimi/GK modules were for warband. It really depends on what it is and who's putting it out though. If it's super custom stuff it might not get released, I'd imagine there will be a bit of an arms race between server owners at the beginning to capture player share unfortunately.
  17. Suspicious_Man

So why can't everyone have custom servers?

Yes, custom servers will support MP modding at release.
    That's fantastic news, thanks. Is there anywhere that documents/talks about what the expected functionality of the finished custom servers will look like?

Mostly I'm just looking for info on whether custom servers will be able to:

1) Switch game modes without needing to restart (important for campaign-type servers where you want to go between battles/sieges)

2) Download custom scenes without needing a mod as long as the scene is just using native assets

3) give admins the ability to kick, ban, mute, implement class limits

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere already.
  18. Suspicious_Man

This is unplayable (Stuttering 1.7.2)

I would wager we'll get a patch before Gamescom, so end of August. I would imagine they will want to get something out so they have a couple months to hammer out issues in production before another update + release in October. Hopefully we'll get server tools around then as well and by the end of the year we'll all be playing bannerlord MP on beautifully modded servers with lots of custom scenes and these last few years will be nothing but a scary bedtime story we tell children.
  19. Suspicious_Man

I'm sure the CC group will be pulling something together for our events, I'm not spending much time looking at stuff without the server files to test with though. I've done very limited testing at this point, mostly just to confirm that custom scenes are possible. My guess is that some of the folks with the server files are already doing more extensive testing and looking into stuff like customizing UI/loadouts for MP.
  20. Suspicious_Man

You can select mods for Multiplayer in the launcher in v1.8

could just hack something together with perks in the meantime
Back
Top Bottom