Search results for query: *

1. Quiet_Monk

Resolved Games crashes randomly - GeForce Now

To be more specific in my case the game doesn't crash, it freezes (every time entering a town scene). No other way out than force quitting GFN so no crash report.
  2. Quiet_Monk

You were not able to get the crash id while playing in GeForceNow right?
    Unfortunately we can't get the files we need from the users who play from GeforceNow.
    So you're saying that you won't fix this issue and are fine with the game not being playable on GeForce Now? While acknowledging that it's not even possible to report the problem correctly?

Just launch GFN (it's free), launch Bannerlord and enter any town.. 90 % of the time the game crashes in less than 60 sec. Just tried it with a fresh sandbox start.
  3. Quiet_Monk

Please do something about this. Crashes for most players on GFN when entering any town scenes. Makes the game unplayable.
  4. Quiet_Monk

New faces (1.3.0-hotfix3?)

I also like the direction they're taking with this. A little bit of exaggeration also makes it easier to remember faces when you have hundreds of characters in the world.
  5. Quiet_Monk

(MacBookPro) Stuck at 128 MB GPU Limit

On mac os you can see it from apple menu -> about this mac, under graphics. if you only have integrated graphics i dont think you'll be able to run the game properly.
  6. Quiet_Monk

(MacBookPro) Stuck at 128 MB GPU Limit

Your macbook does have a separate graphics card, most likely Radeon Pro 560. Go and check your system in Windows and see if it works properly.
  7. Quiet_Monk

Taleworlds, this is false advertising and you know it

If the point of this thread was to ****post and let out steam.. good job! But noudelle shouldn't be surprised ****posting only causes backlash and everyone defending the devs.
  8. Quiet_Monk

Armenian Genocide (?)

I think that a big part of people wanting to argue about this is not to define weather Turkey is a good or evil state. As mentioned no country has its hands clean of blood. BUT its very important to pressure countries to be honest and respect the facts.. After Iran admitted to downing the passenger plane in, the world didn't start attacking it more. Iran got credit for being honest at least. Transparecy is the basis to all diplomacy and good relations between countries.

Also i think its important to define genocide as genocide. To make a genocide happen you need to convince an entire nation that they are somehow superior, dehumanise the "enemy" and make systematic murder "justified". Genocide aims to destroy a whole race/nationality/religious group. Especially important to remember now in the word with rise of nationalism, ethnic nationalism, all that ****.
  9. Quiet_Monk

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops 📁 Creative Unit Aesthetics - archive

Hey guys,
    Great suggestions going here, please keep them coming! I have this thread bookmarked.
    I wanted to let you know that we are currently working on an overhaul on Battanian armors, which are very much in line with the consensus here. I won't be able to share them yet, but you will be able to see them during the early access. We are also working on other stuff that I hope I'll be able to share in the future.

Best news so far this week :smile:
  10. Quiet_Monk

Armenian Genocide (?)

OK my bad on that. I read somewhere Germany wants other nations to accept genocides as a policy because they are alone in it.
    It's just shocking for me media/politicians etc. discuss Armenian event while their crimes are not brought up at all-just a bad history to be forgotten-; and for people it's just OK. They dont even bother to question it, since it is brought up; it is all cool- objective- just and Turkey being just nasty, people really believe a government can act like that. And oh, no need to move focus away. Turkey is some sort of dodger or liar. At the same there is calmness an even bringing justice motive in EU citizens i talked with. As if we need their help and objective humane values. Western governments have no right to talk about my heritage while carrying their bloody heritage; it's my issue and the issue of people effected from my heritage.
    Here UN telling Belgium to not be nasty and end post-racist remarks in their 'African museum'. And Belgium says oh cool we will make museum more friendlier. For me it's still the same 'zoo' mentality. And they keep their king's statues almost as if they are proud of him. Even if you define the word of the event same as these events, it's never gonna be same.

I think it’s a fair point that with these interpretations of past events there’s always politics involved. And also that “Western world” has its history full of its own war crimes, genocides, racism and illegal wars and should get off its moral high horse.

At the same time many western countries are coming clean (or at least trying to) with their past. I don’t think theres’ many Germans that deny the holocaust. Or many Americans that deny the war crimes in Vietnam / Middle East, or many Belgians that deny their colonialist atrocities in Africa. Of course, as in HUMMAN’s examples, the work is still very unfinished and imperfect, there’s plenty more things to deal with, official apologies to make and so on. At the same time denying foreign governments of challenging and demanding countries to admit their crimes just because they have a track record of their own… its not a good argument. All countries need to police each other. Especially those with authoritarian leaderships need to be watched. And unfortunately the perception of Turkey at the moment (don’t get me wrong, i love the country) is that it’s becoming more nationalistic, more authoritarian, shutting opposition and free press and feeding its people one truth that denies most of negative things about it’s past. This of course applies to most of countries with anti democratic movements.

I think the more all countries have their own citizens and foreign countries alike demanding fair and unbiased processing of their past, the better.
  11. Quiet_Monk

Place your bets!

We should have secretly agreed that nobody vote except for the devs. We could have tricked them into giving the date away prematurely.

:lol:

Knowing their track record I'm guessing sometime in April.
  12. Quiet_Monk

Females of Bannerlord

Oh God, not this again. This conversation has been had too many times.
    1. Noble women in the middle ages sometimes achieved tangible political power, often initially by being widowed and becoming a regent, kind of like the ruling empress of the southern empire in the game. Sometimes they inherited power by the wish of their parents, like empress Matilda, who was chosen to be the heir to England after her younger brother drowned.
    2. Since political and military power were intimately linked in the middle ages, these women sometimes also led armies. There is little evidence that they actively hacked people into bits, but that's not the commander's job, regardless of gender. Hacking people into bits is a job best left for professionals and poor people. Commanders are there to command.
    3. People keep strawmanning conversations about female commanders and claiming that someone is demanding a 50/50 gender split among the rank and file or something similar, when I've never seen anyone demand that on the forums. We have no confirmation of female units at all in the game.
    4. People keep bringing up stuff that is completely irrelevant to the topic of women historically leading armies sometimes, like theories of why men evolved to be stronger on average, or how Hollywood wants to cynically make some money with bad*** women but is unable to let go of it's own, unhealthy beauty standard for lead actresses, which does lead to comical results sometimes. I'll just reiterate here that it's not feminists who insist on casting Victoria's Secret models as warrior women, it's cynical Hollywood business people. Feminists tend to support body diversity where they see it and cheer characters like Brienne of Tarth.

Also neither of those things disproofs the existence of women in positions of power and military leadership in the high middle ages in any way at all. It and the high tension between what is thought ideal behavior for the genders and the more complex reality are real facets of medieval life that would make the game more enjoyable for more people. If you want your absolute sausage fest, it can't be hard for you to mod, but I can't help but think and hope that most of this paranoia about female commanders will dissipate once the game releases with it's fair share of manly men with big axes and people will see that some female NPC:s sprinkled on top doesn't actually ruin a game after all.

I'm glad there are people on this forum that can articulate complex things this clearly. So i don't have to try to. Well said.
  13. Quiet_Monk

Zendar?

Who cares about zendar when we could have dhorak keep and salt mine back.
  14. Quiet_Monk

SP - General The Bannerlord Banner Poll

John the Roleplayer said:
    Quiet_Monk said:
    Rule of tincture (already mentioned in the previous thread about banners) could help solve this problem ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_tincture ). I think this is logical and totally doable solution. More variation, while keeping banners recognisably belonging to a faction. For each faction it would take the faction colour as a base and then allow combinations with one or more of the following: yellow (gold), white (silver) and maybe black. This would allow varied designs within TW's plans for the game.

This expands on Terco’s idea, while preventing colour over colour designs that are sometimes hard on eyes and also designs that can be confused between factions. It could also serve as a basis for a very simple banner editor: choose a sigil, its placement, background design (divided horizontally, vertically or diagonally, or monocolour or four tiles etc.) then pick colours for everthing from given palette.

mdhRs.png

Very nice composition! Much better than the crude examples I presented in this thread.

Now on top of that, the devices of each clan could be non-generic and stylistically distinct for each respective faction, as for instance picked from this selection:

Terco_Viejo said:
    [...]
    -msNp.jpg

1VRUB.jpg

Then we would have a pretty much feasible concept. Bravo.

Yes! that's a really nice selection. And why not add a lighter and darker colour tint options for each faction. I wouldn't go with a full gradient slider, because that makes it possible to have super dark colour next to black as well as super light colour next to white. Still a big fan of Terco's input on visuals.
  15. Quiet_Monk

SP - General The Bannerlord Banner Poll

Rule of tincture (already mentioned in the previous thread about banners) could help solve this problem ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_tincture ). I think this is logical and totally doable solution. More variation, while keeping banners recognisably belonging to a faction. For each faction it would take the faction colour as a base and then allow combinations with one or more of the following: yellow (gold), white (silver) and maybe black. This would allow varied designs within TW's plans for the game.

This expands on Terco’s idea, while preventing colour over colour designs that are sometimes hard on eyes and also designs that can be confused between factions. It could also serve as a basis for a very simple banner editor: choose a sigil, its placement, background design (divided horizontally, vertically or diagonally, or monocolour or four tiles etc.) then pick colours for everthing from given palette.

mdhRs.png
  16. Quiet_Monk

Dev Blog 01/11/18

Anybody who's ever tried a medieval helm without a coif under would tell you not to do it.  It's really uncomfortable, doesn't really protect against blows + hair gets stuck. I'd go with partial physic with long hair on character when not wearing a helmet and no hair when helmet on.
  17. Quiet_Monk

Dev Blog 15/02/18

Another nice blog!  :party:

Also love the "oldschool" art for its atmosphere, but i have to ask: what's with this artist's obsession with horses that have small lower bodies/legs?? I mean seriously, is it some medieval breed?
  18. Quiet_Monk

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 9 - Ethnic Instruments

Rice lover said:
    lolbash said:
    AmateurHetman said:
    White Lion said:
    Smorkin said:
    I have great hopes for bannerlord.

But music-wise, please please don't follow the trend of most games these days and have music playing continuously. Think atmosphere: Birds chirruping, branches creaking, flags flapping, soldier's trudging through the mud, horses whinneying, swords clashing, warcries bellowing (and not that godawful racket from the soldiers shouting in warband mount and blade that would force me to turn off the sound), or wounded screaming, and all followed by the calm after the storm as the battlefield settles into silence.

So of course the devs are adding music, and the clips sounded epic, but don't waste all that hard work!! Use it as a tool to ADD to the atmosphere - not overwhelm it. Play a song, then have a break of 3-4 minutes of no music, then play a different song. Or put songs on triggers on certain events, i.e. first encounter with faction/ entering city for first time/ entering inn/ meeting a king. Make us look forward to the rare event where that epic tune is suddenly and unexpectedly played.

I beg you, don't just make a playlist and put it on repeat with the best song playing over and over. Don't make one or two songs and play them in every battle. Such an approach (adopted by too many, quite frankly lazy, game devs) is intrinsically flawed. Common sense says you don't stick 10 tracks on repeat. You get sick of it after an hour.  Even with a playlist of 'only' 50 songs (for example on an ipod, as rarely do games have that many, GTA excluded) you get sick of even that many pretty quickly, a week or two tops. You will get exhausted of even chart number 1's after hearing it 30 times in a day or two... Music then gets muted.

It can be done well. Many examples come to mind, but first to mind is skyrim's dovahkin music - despite the huge amount of work and full orchestra involvement - this was really only ever played on menu screen (and possibly rare boss battles at the end adding to the sense of epicness of the fight when you heard it). It won awards for a reason.

And don't just ignore/chuck out those tester single instrument pieces. Why not use them for a random musician in a village square, or an inn, a bard practising or messing around. Loads of atmosphere for little effort. It's instant injection of character and soul to a village.

Apologies if I laboured the point, but I would really love Bannerlords to be great!

+1

+2
    +3
    +4

+5
  19. Quiet_Monk

This may be my favourite artwork of all time

JACVBHINDS // 寒心420? said:
    Quiet_Monk said:
    This is why I can NOT look at this image anymore... the proportions just seem so... off?  :grin:

26biYeI.gif

Wow. :lol:

I also feel like a lot of these images have been desaturated from the originals. The steppe one especially, it just looks unnaturally grey.

blog_post_15_taleworldswebsite_04.jpg

foIcg.jpg

This is just a quick and dirty edit but it's pretty obvious that they've desaturated the original and made all the colours into shades of brown. It's very unlikely that somebody would intentionally paint that way.

Yupp.. I guess the concept art shows bannerlord with graphics mod applied :grin: Also my edit is quick and dirty, but shows that the artists are often amazing at photoshop, less so at drawing. Not to say i dont enjoy the great atmosphere.
Back
Top Bottom