Search results for query: *

• Users: Zsar
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Zsar

Missing changelogs for late patch versions

I have not been around for a while and today noted that the game version has increased from version 1.158 to 1.165 and may in fact soon climb to 1.166. Using search, I was able to find the following changelogs:1.160 1.161 1.164 1.165Unfortunately, I still lack the changelogs for 1.159, 1.162...
  2. Zsar

SP Info AI Analysis of the strategic AI 1.153

So, this is actually happening. We shall see how far it would go. Goals:enumeration of all MS-based semantic units of relevanceDef.: A "semantic unit" be one entry in a module file.call graph for all elements of the enumerationdocumentation per complex SU about internal behaviourDef.: an SU be...
  3. Zsar

[KIT] partitioned Module System source files

Just whipped up a simple way to divide up module sources into multiple files within a seperate folder per module_*.py and thought I should share it. ... Probably already exists in some form, but the search function is terrible and it only took a few lines, so here:Also Python3 compliant, by the...
  4. Zsar

[SOLVED] [1.153] How to construct proper message strings

So, I just managed to deadlock Warband with a display_message call. Funny.     (try_for_range, ":center", walled_centers_begin, walled_centers_end),       (spawn_around_party, "p_main_party", "pt_datastruct"),       (party_set_slot, ":center", slot_center_adjacencies, reg0),        ...
  5. Zsar

B Info Other Efficiently storing and accessing complex data types 1.153

I intend to code some graph based algorithms into the game. How could I efficiently (in terms of ingame computation) represent graphs with bidirectional edges and variable number of edges per node? Example: Distance weighted adjacency graph for walled centers, directional path between two...
  6. Zsar

SP Tutorial AI [GUIDE] Fix the indictment death Spiral

It is a common sight in Warband: Sooner or later a lord gets thrown out of his faction, joins another one only to be indicted again few days thereafter. ... I have found that all lords befallen by this sad fate share two interesting characteristics: 1) They hold no fiefs. No wonder, those being...
  7. Zsar

[1.153] Party templates (instead of troops or parties) for dynamical arrays?

Both entries from module_troops.py and module_parties.py are abused for providing general purpose arrays in the vanilla Module System. This strikes me as odd practice, seeing how a single troop, a single party is obviously as well a single array, and thus for every one array employed another...
  8. Zsar

OSP Code SP A lucky world for everyone (of notice)

So, only the player is supposed to have luck? And it only goes down!? Preposterous! Let us expand the franchise of (un)fortunate fates a bit: What it does: All "active_npcs" (potential party leaders) gain streaks of luck. This may be good luck, bad luck or, well, no luck. Luck within a streak...
  9. Zsar

B Info Module System The Nature of Slots 1.153

A slot handles in essence like the member variable of an object in OoP (Object-oriented Programming). It is defined, though, as just a number. There are at least two ways to implement a slot like this, that immediately spring to mind: as an array index - so that each object holds an array of...
  10. Zsar

[WB 1.153] Party AI joining normal battles and not joining siege battles

Many one knows about this scene: The marshal brings his grand army to the defense of some town, but the assault has already begun. While a player may join the siege on either side, the AIs will now pull a gaul and instead watch their center be taken, every lord and army already within be doomed...
  11. Zsar

B Info Other Processing nonsense... or is it not? Module System 1.132

process_init.py: from module_info import * from process_operations import * import os print "Initializing..." [...] try:   os.remove(export_dir + 'variables.txt') except:   a = [] try:   os.remove(export_dir + 'variable_uses.txt') except:   a = [] variables = [] variable_uses = [] try:  ...
  12. Zsar

Shield collision mesh too big?

When using a tournament shield (or a kite or heater shield), if often catches arrows and spears which should pass - and those then hover around the shield in mid-air. ... In tournaments with many javelins, participants frequently end up with five or more "hover spears" in their shield. Not just...
  13. Zsar

A patch for a place without a hole?

I have the intense feeling that either I did indeed miss out something important (a large chunk of time, to be precise, that I should have lived conciously through) or someone else happened to do the more active way of "doing" something wrong. ... Have I slept this long? (If you cannot tell...
  14. Zsar

Trading goods - how, where, what

Many a person in this forum has studied the module system for much longer time than I even was aware of the game itself... Now, this is a request to all those people and of course it comes in package with an offer as well. What I want: Basically all information about the circulation of trading...
  15. Zsar

Emulating a dynamic list

Let us say I liked to have a list of parties. Then it was my wish to select a random party from that list. And some time later I wished to select a random party from that list but NOT one that was selected before. Easy in Java or C using V-/vector. Even easy in LISP (Existence of something easy...
  16. Zsar

OSP Code SP Merchandise dependent on culture

These bits of code replace and advance the native refresh of weapon/armour/horse seller's inventory in such a way that it can be easily specified for any item if it should be for sale in a given culture or not. Note that while this script does not break save game compatibility, you may still...
Back
Top Bottom