Search results for query: *

1. Troop Training

Most of the things in Bannerlord are improved from Warband times. Yet one glaring omission/change is the troop training. In Warband there were 5 ways for troops to level up: 1) Sparring with the player (moderate gain) 2) Observing sparring of the player (minor gain) 3) Killing an enemy in a...
  2. Patch Notes e1.2.0 & Beta e1.3.0

Worse, 1.3 is the first patch that actually crashed the game for me (mutliple times) and it also corrupted my saves. :sad:
  3. Concerning Quests

Sepone said:
    And that ranged troops do not help you is most likely because you didn't order them to shoot, by default they are set to hold fire when entering a hideout. Just press F4 when the fight starts.

OMG I feel dumb. Ok that makes it tad easier and if they really fixed the ordering of the troops when entering it might actually be possible to do them. Still pretty tough but then again in Warband this was never adressed either so good that it is getting some attention (hopefully).

Filena said:
    Well easy fix for these bad quest like feud familly would be a little incrase in reputation and a lower drop on reputation on other side, so when you do the quest on both side you end a little in positive in both town

Agreed. Currently I think it's +12/-10 or something like that (maybe even +10/-10) so I agree making it more like -5 on the receiving village would make that quest more appealing. Or make it a tier. Like when you persudate the other side successfully make it 0 and if it resorts to violance -5 or somesuch. Similarly if you hand the guy over make it -5/+10 but that is (ch)easy way of doing it so there -10/+5 or something like that would be adequate maybe.

And agreed about towns. Most of their quests are worthless if they even get some. It's funny how a village with 3 notable people have 1-2 quests and town with like 10 people have none.
  4. Concerning Quests

I played on 1.0.0 for few days before I realized there are beta branches so the frequency may have changed indeed. However I haver seen plenty of extortion quests on e1.1.0 yesterday. The grain quest only twice yes, in the same playthrough (on 1.0.0) and from the same guy to boot. Was a bit funny because I just bought the grain the village itself had from the previous one... :grin:

As for the Commons quest I suppose that is one sorta "win" scenario when it targets some village with nobody notable. Still that situation will be rare.
  5. How To Register Steam Copy?

So I would like to add Steam version to the My Games here in TaleWorlds website. I cannot seem to find the key though. Anyone knows how to do it? I do have the account linked to Steam but that does not seem to do it. I have all the other games registered. (I tried buying directly here but it...
  6. Concerning Quests

I like doing quests but so far I found some them or more are counterproductive to do. But maybe I am missing some(thing). Basically my rationale is that losing reputation is just plain bad as there is no way to recover it except for odd quest from the offended party (extremely rare). So please...
  7. Registering game to account

I have trouble registering the game to my account. Key was apparently added but it does not show the logo, gives error on reloading the page and does not show in the forums.
  8. Attributes and skills

Can someone please explain what is the deal with attributes and skills? It used to be (and tooltip still says that) the skill cannot go over 1/3 of related attribute. Well now it seems to me like 5+1/3*Att. Also are the limits higher now? Like up to 15 or still jsut 10? Because now one can...
  9. Napoleonic Wars, WFaS and Warband

I really don't get one thing. Warband is insanely good, polished version of Mount and Blade with great learning curve in multiplayer and really well balanced combat system. Yet the very same people responsible for it are also responsible for WFaS and now Napoleonic Wars with their insanely...
  10. Kings do not assign conquered fiefs

Hello, I am seeking advice for this particular problem. I have changed the map but I am using vanilla entries for most parties (I have added few which are working correctly). There are 2 new factions and all factions are set to be at war with their neighbour at the start like this...
  11. [1.143] Targeting Reticle Oval

I remember it from one of the much earlier patches that it cause targeting reticles on wide-screens to be oval instead of circle. And it happened again with 1.143. For a time I dropped it hoping for a fix but instead it just died out and people apparently just live with it so I am asking if...
  12. Chamber Blocking Couched Lance

Ok guys I won't pretend I understand all of you but from what I gather you are implying that AI is stuck somewhere deep in BETA while only player combat capabilities were updated (or in this case downgraded) over time? That just sounds very weird. So they removed couple of features but left them for AI bots who can pull them off unhealthily often atop of that. Being able to chamber regularly couched lance would be pretty cool although overhead chambering the thrust sounds even more useful (and would actually encourage more chamber-blocking imho). Fists chamber-blocking I hear for the first time and it sounds hilarious. :grin:
  13. Chamber Blocking Couched Lance

I know people usually do bash the AI in Warband but I was just running custom battles for fun and AI indeed gave me quite a few surprises. It was actually capable of chamber-blocking my couched lance attacks with swords and even with axes which lack thrusting attack (how I wonder). Now most...
  14. SP Medieval [WB] 1257AD Heart of Europe - Historical mod from 13th Century NEW RELEASE!

Hi guys we have a request for anyone who would be interested. We've done quite a lot of work and the mod is short to release but we are still suffering from some bugs I was unable to resolve despite a lot of effort and therefore would like to ask for help. If anyone is interested please contact me about access to the latest version fo the mod (we use SVN) and details on what is the problem. We offer an opportunity to be part of the absolute historical mod around here (as much as the engine allows). :smile:

Thx and please do not hesitate and sign up!  :arrow:
  15. Swapping scenes around

xenoargh said:
    I think you should double-check that vs. whatever you used as the source.  Please tell me you're doing it in Module System; you can't be sure where you screwed up if you did it with txt very easily, lol, it's so easy to mis-count lines.

Of course I am doing this in module system, read the OP. :smile: And I am doing it against Native. I have considered referencing some other mods that are doing virtually the same thing but for that I would need their source or rather just module_scenes.py...
  16. Swapping scenes around

xenoargh said:
    If you just copy the SCO, but don't also copy the seed used to generate that scene, it will be screwy.  Have to have both.

That's the problem. I did copy both and did not leave any gaps but I still got some of the scenes messy for no apparent reason.
  17. Swapping scenes around

Some months ago I was trying to figure out how to successfully swap scenes around, basically clone them, to get rid off unwanted scenes (i.e. desert towns and such) for my map. After some posts I was told that the order in which the scenes are placed does matter and all slots have to be filled...
  18. new steam update?

Anyone managed to fix the widescreen oval reticle so far? It's really annoying..
  19. Questions about starting also horse archer=best?

fragonard said:
    I don't think a HA with 80 top troops is at that much of a disadvantage.

80 Swad knights would be quite enough unless you face all enemy lords at once. Couple hundreds would be killed without player's interference on good battlefield. But that's the point. Without Leadership HA char can't even get that big of an army because of morale penalty will send your troops desert every 24 hours... And with that size the morale bonus for small battles with raiders and such is not enough to keep it up as those parties are too small. Even 50 guys would be quite problematic (and one would have to be careful about battles then already) and once you get below 50 morale you get desertion... Therefore I stand by my arguement that pure non-leadership HA in Native is not really suited for anything serious and will need to compromise on his capabilities in order to stay efficient later in the game. On the other hand knight-commander chars are efficient both at the start and in the middle being capable of hacking with lances and all while being super-efficient sharpshooters in sieges later while being able to field and train huge armies of whatnot.

But of course the style one prefers is the valid point. I myself took a good while before I was able to dug in the HA char... now I have to yet to convince myself trying out infantry guy. :grin:
  20. Questions about starting also horse archer=best?

There is the extensive HA topic just the next to yours. :smile: Anyway, my conclusion which I also posted in that topic is that HA char is good for about mid-level and mid-game with somewhat steep learning curve. In the end however he starts to seriously lack as there are virtually no options for him to tackle on the huge lord parties and engage in regular war. He is indeed the best DPS and killer but that does not achieve you much late-game when your guy's combat proficiency does not really matter that much. Someone suggested that using mods like Floris could give you an extra boost making it almost viable but I still think it is not really worth the trouble. HA is fun but not really the guy for the world-conquest or serious war anyway.

That said I would recommend going commander-type character with slight investemnet in STR/AGI. Starting choices: travelling merchant, shop assistant, squire, forced out/loss of loved one/personal revenge. With those you will have no wasted points. The goal is...

Stat-wise:
    - To get STR to at least 9 for full plate, optionally to 10 for full/winged helm or even 12 for masterwork light crossbow (may be used from horseback). 13 would give you masterwork siege crossbow which is great but might be waste of attribute points...
    - To get AGI to 9 for riding of 3 and heavy courser or to 12 and riding 4 for heavy charger. This is a must have if you want to go hacking yourself. The first is sufficient for commander types staying behind.
    - CHA to 27 for leadership and trade @ 9 and some prisoner management optionally (5 is a max imho).
    - Rest goes to INT which you need to have at least at 10 for Essence of logic book which gives you 11 INT and enables you to read Treaties on Value of Things which will give you Trade to 10. Similarly Life of Alexinus the Great will give you Leadership to 10.
    - Once you are all set you can decide if you want to improve your combat skills by going with STR/AGI to 15 or even beyond or will improve your command skills by going with higer INT.

Skills-wise:
    - Max Ironflesh for HPs, PS for punching, WM for faster combat-stats, Riding is a must have at 3 or 4 (see above), Inventory management leave as is (at 2 from the start), Trade and Leadership max to 9 + books will get you to 10. Trainer is a must have (and it stacks with your companions) for faster leveling of your troops. Optionally prisoner management if you want to be extra rich (personally I don't use it so 1-2 points are enough for quests and some emergency cash or extra valuable prisoners; it is not needed for lords though).
    - Rest depends on your choice of combat-oriented or command-oriented attribute investment. If combat then athletics and shield, if command then whatever you wish as there is plenty - wound treatment or first aid helps a bit. Engineer too. But you can get all of them easily covered by companions...

Equipment:
    - Being full tin can is the best so lordly plate set + lordly winged helmet. Reinforced heavy heather shield gives the best protection size and endurance, does not obscure view such as Huscarl's shields and is wooden. Of course you may go for iron shield but that does not look very knightly. :smile: Masterwork light crossbow or regular light crossbow for mounted shooting (stop your horse before shooting as you don't have HA). For sieges siege crossbow and if you have strength you can go for masterwork siege crossbow (68+2 dmg) which one shots anything in sieges where you can only use it. And as a melee weapon I would recommend Masterwork heavy/tempered bastard sword. Versatile 1/2handed sword which looks bloody good. :grin:

Party:
    - NPC parties of 6/9/10 depending on your choice and taste. You need companions to make up for some lacking skills such as medical etc. Also give all of them trainer skill so you level up recruits in no time. See Library for likes/dislikes and known sets of companions etc. Or disable interaction via TweakMB and have all 16-
    - Swadian knights: the best of best. Hire those and you will never lose a field battle. 50 of them will solo several times bigger opponent parties without single death on hardest settings.
    - Huscarls: slightly harder to manage. Needs to create packs (stand closer command) and micro-manage them a bit as they tend to die relatively often... But they are considered cavalry for campaign movement so they are viable options none-the-less.
    - Vaegir knights: weaker cav with 2-handers but AI is stupid in using them and they die a lot more often than Swad knights due to lack of shields.
    - Mameluks: arguably even stronger than Swad knights but they just look awful... :grin:
    - Stay away from Khergits - worst units ever and Rhodocks - after some patching they got slightly better but are still relying too much on numbers.

Overally you can have big party with no worries for morale and may opt for mixed cav/x-bow/inf armies but they tend to be harder to manage. My advice is going with swad knights and when you want to siege train up some rhodock sharpies and nord huscarls. But even then it's best to pick out most enemies in sieges by yourself with your trusty crossbow and maybe the help from your x-bows.
Back
Top Bottom