Search results for query: *

1. Roadpork

cRPG has only a week and already killed Vanilla

I will go back and edit to give a proper response, but the gist is that you don't like cRPG because you start out with under power results. That's the meat of your arguments, correct? I would argue that level up is very easy and not time consuming at all. cRPG is specifically balance where no one player is extremely over power just because they have an extra 1000 hours on everyone else. Yes there are higher tier weapons and armor, but the point of cRPG, like any other RPG that you have played is that you give attribute points to what play style you enjoy. Yes, it's unforgiving, yes cRPG players are a greasy bunch that take no mercy, but your gripe seems very bias due to you being a previous skrim player.
    agree, and levelling is not even a core play of CRPG. at least not the reason good players also stick with it.

The beauty of cRPG is the Balance. It's important when your character is on a lower level. even tho level 10, You can be the key to victory.

Because you are "auto balanced" to a higher average character level team. You, as a peasant, bring your pike. With every successful brace(in crpg1 it's just a thrust attack), you are pushing your team to a better result.

Your will never experience it in native M&B.
    In M&B, everybody is a big character

that's why I hope devs can allow new players start from at least level 15. The lvl 1 is only for 2+ generation ppl.
    the lvl 1 is meaningless because you can make 0 impact when you are lvl 1... veterans know its levelling fast, but new players dont know, then will just leave. (I cant remember exactly but I think cRPG1 has a mechanism to help newcomers)
  2. Roadpork

cRPG has only a week and already killed Vanilla

CRPG mp design is elegant. not many ppl realize that RPGs levelling system provides a basic referencing data for team balancing a long time ago. it's not only for "play to win".

BTW, No surprise Vanilla MP is bad...
    When I was talking about CRPG, Vanilla ppl still arguing that "big group battles will make each game time-consuming" kind of thing...

Every single topic about MP here already existed a long time before (in M&B1 multiplayer mode), and has many conclusions... ---- Why are we still bringing up those old resolved topics? because MP designers are not M&B1 players! They are still making the same mistakes made by another dev group years ago.

CRPG did the same. made mistakes, then fixed them. What we see here is an over 5 years improved product. It's already a mature blueprint, just waiting for implementation. And with a better graphic. So it's not a new product at all.
    (sry can't remember the exact year number, but thanks for Taleworlds great fundamental too)
  3. Roadpork

Why archers (and all ranged weapons) should be removed from M&B.

the problem is real but it's not about the archer.
    the issue is: we need way more soldiers on both sides. the army size is the key.

of course, long-handed class op, and of course, it needs to be nerfed.
    it's like putting salt into the water. Can you imagine drinking a bottle of saltwater with 1/3 portion of the weight is salt?

You can't balance a long-handed class by nerfing its ability. because "long-handed" is all it has. Once the nerfing passes a point, then it's no different than removing the entire class.

So, all you can do is to solve the other side: add more "water".

(once archer deleted, the long-handed class will be cav, after cav deleted, it will be shock troop, then spears, .... that will never end until devs realize the army size is the real problem)
  4. Roadpork

give us an option to disable the heavy attack

give us an option to disable the heavy attack. so only: left click, then light attack, that's it. no holding mouse button then attack. The network is very bad. It frequently auto-halts the attack even though you lose the mouse button instantly. Then it accidentally turns into a heavy attack...
  5. Roadpork

when single click mouse, does it randomly deliver heavy/light attack? or just the poor server issue?

or always light attack, but random trigger scream? pls someone explain
  6. Roadpork

Skirmish Skill based matchmaking?

Well it's not about mentality, it's about facts to take into consideration. 99% are onto singleplayer whether we like it or not, so TW will concentrate their effort on SP. It literally is a waste of resources if only 50 dedicated people play...

They need to finish SP solid, roll it out, announce semi-cosmetic Samurai/India/China DLC and then work fulltime on MP while financing the process with SP DLC's.

Survivor bias.
    ppl bought the game, they will try both SP and MP anyway. the reason ppl only play SP is the MP basically trash. SP is not perfect but it's just ok.

We all know devs have no experience with MP. When devs say "Let's try it out", We were just repeating what we have already done 10 years ago. Then failed. of course, TW/Modders has tried them 10 years ago.
    That makes things very clear, they are new to Mount and Blade.

What devs need to spend on MP is simply nothing. Mods will be saviour.
  7. Roadpork

In this game, the biggest mistake is not being able to complete the ranked match at the beginning. Rank-based matching is an essential feature of skirmish and captain modes. I believe the end goal of this game is to make it become a competitive game like Dota2 or Csgo. But unfortunately, they did not consider adding ranked matches at the beginning of the game or within the first half-year of its release, so 1.5 years later they are still unable to do so.

After spending a lot of time reworking the UI system, I found that it is getting worse except for the new scoring system. The new badges look disgusting and the scale is horrible (too small and I can't see them).

Here I want to discuss why Ranked Matching is critical for 6v6 game modes:

1. Without a proper matching-making system, new players don't have an opportunity to learn how to play this game and they will be destroyed easily by a good player. ( player base decreases!)

2. Due to the constant presence of new players on their teams, old players (from CRPGs or WBs) may not want to play. As they do not feel fair and the team is not balanced, they will lose interest to keep playing this game. ( player base decreases again!)

3. Bugs. Your guys(@NIN3 @AVRC) need to do more testing before releasing the patch. I understand it may be hard to do thorough testing however, you should not make your customers suffer.

I have more points, but I think those are enough to catch your attention. You should reevaluate your priorities and have meetings to discuss this.

Finally, I have some suggestions to help you guys succeed in the future.
    1. Have a meeting with your boss/ investors/ supervisors to discuss the scope and end goals of the multiplayer mode

2. Reassess the market potential for multiplayer. Commit more resources to multiplayer development.

3. Hire more professional developers/engineers! You can't make a great game with people who lack skills.

Last but not least, the customization system is great. I am willing to buy skins using real money, but I don't have time to earn loots. Could you please add another method to purchase skins?
    no
  8. Roadpork

I think there is plenty of players but the mode just doesnt interest them. It doesnt interest me at all personally, I feel Im playing M&B in a Counter Strike setting. 6 players just isnt enough for a proper melee. It will eventually become 6v6 2hander battles as the skirmish population skill develop and thats boring.
    I would be much more interested in a mode like Captain but no bots only players, THAT would be a more proper M&B competitive mode for me. Skirmish feel too small, narrow or shallow in lack of better term. Its just a big duel to me.
    I am 100% agree. 6v6 is impossible to create a fun melee game.
    Because you need to create a sustainable scenario to let ppl enjoy.
    Why is FPS able to do that? because in FPS games ppl are hiding!
    (In a melee-based game, you prefer to hide? then what's the point you even play?)

Why is MOBA able to do that? because they have healers!
    (healer in a hardcore medieval game? pls don't)

6v6 is impossible. IMPOSSIBLE
  9. Roadpork

What causes NA server red/yellow tags?

frequently package loss and spiking ping. It wasn't that crazy. (or might be it just didn't honestly show the tags?)
  10. Roadpork

what do you mean by that, so ranked games should start 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 3 ? if there is enough players you dont wait 30 mins to start the game. Normally ranked games have different pools that divides players. Bannerlord has low playerbase and should use same pool of players to find a ranked game like warband web matchmaking does.
    In NA usually, you have 2 ongoing games. 1 is pickup guys they rarely play with the outside world. So if you are a random guy hit the "play" button and queue. there is usually only 1 game you can join, sometimes there are 2. (usually 6v6 + 3v3).
    So I don't think anything really matters except population.
  11. Roadpork

its population-based matchmaking. which means, you wait for a half-hour, finally have enough ppl (because they just finished a game), get started.
  12. Roadpork

What's the end goal?

many people whine so hard, truth is MP is lacking but is YEARS ahead of the other medieval CODs

mordhau is dead, their horses are a joke, most their servers are First person supremaciest, the siege engines move like GTA shopping carts

chivalry 1 and 2, most their servers are First person supremaciest, they have no horses and no real endgame

Bannerlord endgame is to cope with the updates and unlock the armour and items you like for the classes you use, to show them off with your clan friends, if you have any.

BUT, servers crash like crazy, need to fix that ASAP

if developers like money, they should listen to our feedback

make helmets and hats optional.

fix helmet cliping

enable body build and age in MP

add more sigils

add more armour

add more badges

release custom servers

guys being the medieval combat enthusiast that I am, Im telling you, MBBL is THE game, no other holds any ground
    You are talking about Warband, right? Ya its years ahead of all other medieval CODs bound together including Bannerlord MP
  13. Roadpork

Multiplayer is dead, and TaleWorlds killed it.

Which game doesn't? But like seriously, the amount of games who retain their playerbase from week 1 are very rare and that also wasn't planned. Considering that this is a SP focussed game the loss in playerbase is very logical.
    Warband doesnt.
    TW just happen was Warband's dev too.
  14. Roadpork

No such thing as balance in a skilled based game

definition of "balance":

1. "basic balance": every role can do certain things in their position. if any role is replaceable, we can think it is an "unbalanced role". every game has that kind of role.
    2. "great balance": that "certain things" (referred above) are what players really want. inf players want to fight rather than holding the shield or running around; cav players want open fields and large battles; archers want to shot targets... etc

If the game offers you 2 things:
    1. the ability to play what you want.
    2. those strategies are really trash. In order to win, you must play what you don't want.
    ------- that is only "basic balance" and it's a trash game.
  15. Roadpork

inf logic

only good at a narrow place the main gameplay is 4-directional combat the camera will go crazy in a narrow place ???
  16. Roadpork

Please enable Battle Mode for MP

:dead:
    devs are making mistakes that other games have already made.
    every single decision, I have experienced something similar before.
    I know 6v6 wouldn't work because there was a dead 4-direction game have tried 5v5; 8v8; one-life; multiple lives in their beta...(Iron Knight)
    Battle mode anyone can freely join? tried in M&&B1.
    Battle mode with queue? tried in Iron Knight
    Captain? Tigher knight
    there is even more. Inf only -- Of Kings And Men has tried
    super OP Throwing spears -- CRPG early version has tried (then "fixed")

I just watching all failures repeating.

Then we will find CRPG is the final solution...
    you need a certain amount of players from a limited player base (no queue battle mode)
    you need to have some statistics to split players into 2 sides (gain exp and gold, calculate player's abilities by level)
    you need clear phases of a battle (one life)
    you want all 3 main classes to have their jobs to do (nerf shields, nerf arrow damage, nerf cav turning speed)

So the problem will become: custom server pls.
  17. Roadpork

Even with all the horrible decisions, bannerlord is the best game of all time (or warband)

Its 6v6 because its their competitive gamemode. The more players you add into a fight, the less competitive it becomes, for many reasons.
    1), You cant account for everything on the field, making it more random. Try keeping track of 6 cavalries, 2 infantry and 3 archers in a fight. You wont.

2) Getting 6 dedicated players are tough, getting 10 is impossible. In a class based system like Bannerlord, and Warband for that matter, you need spesific classes, and if you have a match where its 30 vs 30, you'll never have the classes you want. And your individual skill is irrelevant.

3) If they want an esport, logistically anything more than 5 becomes a nightmare. Imagine a 10vs10 LAN tournament, even an invitational of 4 teams thats 40 people. Thats an insane cost, and no studio can hold 10 people on each side.

4) Viewers cant keep track of everything, and they cant learn the names of players. Esports is all about the viewing experience, if the viewers are confused about whats going on, then it'll lower the enjoyment they'll have. Especially because Bannerlord doesnt have anything flashy.
    Not knowing the names of players means sponsors wont care as much, because nobody will be worth their time and money.

Theres more, but skirmish is their competitive mode, for people who want large scale battles, siege exists, and I'm assuming the new one life mode will be more aimed at events and the likes. Events like shield wall etc are not competitive, theyre fun events.

For other 6v6 e-sport games, we have healers to keep the battle for a while. at least long enough to tell audiences what is happening. Medieval games don't (and shouldn't) have that. 6V6 is not only about numbers, it's a system. I think currently the e-sport idea in BL has flaws.

from the e-sport aspect, we need something steady.

If I want to improve the audience-watching experience, I will downplay the impact of class. use "builds" instead. Which combine with their armours. players can't change the armour when they die. but they can change weapons from a range of selections (based on the original builds).
    the in-game strategy will be based on weapon customization.

by this method. ppl still dies but they revive as a similar character. which somehow keeps the battle consistant.
  18. Roadpork

Even with all the horrible decisions, bannerlord is the best game of all time (or warband)

I am okay with some random nerds design the mechanism.
    but better get real game players to design the gameplay. Obviously whoever designs skirmish does not have much gaming experience.
    otherwise, they would have been immediately realized 6v6 is horrible for a battle emulator(even before they launch the project). The fewer players we have, the worse for rock-paper-scissors design. plus they enhanced the rock-paper-scissors design by the class system.

Nobody will question that BL has the best mechanism.
    but a good game? hmmmmmmm
  19. Roadpork

Resolved how come the local and the server block direction not sync?

this is async after received damage. I am not sure if in some cases it async before the hit...
    Will try more when my friend has time.
    @MArdA TaleWorlds
Back
Top Bottom