Search results for query: *

1. Vigdis

Modding VC: basic tutorials and Q&A thread

you either resize the UI for companions to fit 18/etc (which means each portrait slot will be smaller) or you change it to be scrollable.

like in the third snippet, it defined a Y limit of 450 (height), you can adapt it for more lines (9x2) or more columns (6x3), etc, it really depends on your type of monitor (widescreen or not) and if you want to distribute the changes for others.

the first snippet lists all the companions in alphabetic order IIRC, instead of how they are added in module_troops.py, so keep a eye on that too.

cheers
    Thank you Kalarhan. My little add-on owes so much to you and I am very grateful for your help. It looks like I have my weekend work set out for me now :LOL:
  2. Vigdis

yeap its a simple loop, just keep a eye on the limits. EP 0 and 1 are for player, 2 to 17 (16 in total) for companions, and the rest for troops to fill the area. Change it to whatever you need.

As you are adding new companions and all... don't forget to update the companion report UI ... also not made for more than 16 by default.

Cheers
    Hi Kalarhan. It's been ages since I asked you about this addition of a new companion I made. I lost my old modules file so I cannot for the life of me remember how to modify show_companions on presentations.py. I have been reconstructing my add-on, and found all the notes I had for everything but this bit. I also tend to be weakest at the graphics side of the game :oops:.

I am assuming I need to add a line here? I am thinking to add the portrait of the new companion above the central display (that shows when you click a companion card) but I do not know how to find the coordinates for the array. Can I do it with z in edit mode?

Code:
            # Grid with companions using gear without a horse
            (troop_set_slot, "trp_temp_array_c", 6, 295),
            (troop_set_slot, "trp_temp_array_c", 11, 296),
            (troop_set_slot, "trp_temp_array_c", 5, 297),
            (troop_set_slot, "trp_temp_array_c", 9, 298),
            (troop_set_slot, "trp_temp_array_c", 13, 299),
            (troop_set_slot, "trp_temp_array_c", 4, 300),
            (troop_set_slot, "trp_temp_array_c", 10, 301),
            (troop_set_slot, "trp_temp_array_c", 14, 302),
            (troop_set_slot, "trp_temp_array_c", 8, 303),
            (troop_set_slot, "trp_temp_array_c", 7, 304),
            (troop_set_slot, "trp_temp_array_c", 15, 305),
            (troop_set_slot, "trp_temp_array_c", 2, 306),
            (troop_set_slot, "trp_temp_array_c", 12, 307),
            (troop_set_slot, "trp_temp_array_c", 1, 308),
            (troop_set_slot, "trp_temp_array_c", 0, 309),
            (troop_set_slot, "trp_temp_array_c", 3, 310),

And that I need to change this 16 to 17?

Code:
            (try_for_range, ":slot_no", 0, 16),
              (troop_get_slot, ":npc", "trp_temp_array_c", ":slot_no"),
              (troop_get_slot, ":companion_ocupation", ":npc", slot_troop_occupation),

I am not sure if I would need to even touch this, but perhaps a line is needed above or below to define the new companion display?

Code:
              # jump to next row after 2 companions and right side after 8
              (try_begin),
                (eq, ":counter", 2),
                (gt, ":y", 450),
                (assign, ":x", 700),
                (assign, ":y", 0),
                (assign, ":counter", 0),
              (else_try),
                (eq, ":counter", 2),
                (val_add, ":y", 157),
                (val_sub, ":x", 150*2),
                (assign, ":counter", 0),
              (try_end),
            (try_end),

Is there anything else and how could I do it please, if you have the time? Thanks ever so much! :smile:
  3. Vigdis

kalarhan said:
    Vigdis said:
    He just can't speak the dialogue I added for the camp

are you talking about storyline camp conversation? Or just the normal/generic dialog that is the same for all companions?

besides that: you can start from the mission template and reverse engineer the spawn code to find out how EP works for them

Example: mst "fortified_playercamp", which has code to handle the first case (storyline case), and the EP listed. By searching where this mst is used you would find this on presentations.py

Code:
              (else_try),#options to conversation camp companions
                (eq, ":continue", 1),
                (assign,"$g_presentations_next_presentation",-1),

(try_begin),
                  (eq, "$fortified_camp", 1), #fortified ok
                  (assign,":scene","scn_player_camp_fortified"), #
                (else_try),
                  (assign,":scene","scn_player_camp"), #
                (try_end),

(modify_visitors_at_site,":scene"),
                (reset_visitors, 0),
                (set_visitor,0,"trp_player"),

(assign,":count",2),
                (try_for_range,":current_npc",companions_begin,companions_end),
                  (try_begin),
                    (le,":count",17),
                    (main_party_has_troop,":current_npc"),
                    (set_visitor,":count",":current_npc"),
                  (try_end),
                  (val_add,":count",1),
                (try_end),
    and learn that the default system has a limit for how many companions can be added. Which you can change.

Thank you for your reply, Kalarhan. Much appreciated.

I am specifically referring to 'conversation companioncamp' where your npc companions request to talk to you when you are camping on the map in sandbox mode.

I actually did see that bit in presentations but dismissed it because all I looked at was  (le,":count",17), and thought cues had been imported from my changes in scripts (the creation of npc17). Seeing the original code at 17 count here though, I reckon I must have discounted the inclusion of the player?  :oops: :oops: I shall give a try to bringing the count up. Thanks again!  :wink:
  4. Vigdis

Anyone know where companions are assigned to entry points in the player camp scene? I've made a new companion and his strings are all fine. He just can't speak the dialogue I added for the camp because he's not in the camp. I've gone into the scene in edit mode and set another entry point down but that's where it ends. I thought to look again in troops.py to see if entry points for the camp scenes were set there but they aren't. I finally feel in over my head  :?:
Back
Top Bottom