Search results for query: *

1. Ristridin

Need More Info 3D art contest weapons cause crash

Summary: Recently I tried the 3D art contest weapons again. The game crashes every time the game has to show the scabbard of the weapons. that happens when in crafting I click 'show scabbard' or when trying to equip the swords I crafted. This goes for anything with a scabbard, I have not tried...
  2. Ristridin

OSP Resource Bannerlord Creative Competition 2: 3D Art Contest Pack

For me the game crashes every time the game has to show the scabbard of the weapons. that happens when in crafting I click 'show scabbard' or when trying to equip the swords I crafted.
    I use a bunch of mods, but none of them have anything to do with crafting, graphics or weapons whatsoever. I tried it a while back with the rapier whilst playing vanilla, same thing happened back then.
    It's a real shame, now they are just really nice looking pictures while I would love to be able to use them.
    I'm quite sure I installed the mods properly since I'm able to craft them just fine, they show up in inventory too. The only time the game crashes is when it has to show the scabbard.
  3. Ristridin

Show off your Bannerlord faces!

Mah new Maincharacter Mr. P.
    weeg1x5jkd.png
    weeg25sjv7.jpg
    I know I'm late to this threat (just now decided to come back to the fora again).
    This made me laugh so hard :grin: that dude is hilarious :grin:! can you customize characters in MP? because this might just be a secret weapon to distract the enemy team :smile:
  4. Ristridin

Bannerlord a short story.

I was bored so.. please forgive me for my childishness ;-) What did he 'wanna' ..
  5. Ristridin

Beta Patch Notes e1.6.0

• Added two new Sturgia boots.
    Good, just one would have been strange.
  6. Ristridin

Ugly hair longhair

I wouldn't worry to much about hair styles, TW has much bigger fish to fry before those are high on their do to list though. If TW doesn't add them, I bet there are going to quite a few mods that will add different hair styles once the game is released and modding tools are up and running. Though I agree that it is the more the better when it comes to character customization.
  7. Ristridin

Paid double for a buggy game and feeling like a stupid now!

You missed out on an Epic promo, boo hoo.

You have also no doubt been playing the game earlier than your friends could.

Like Bannerman Man above mentioned, we'll also never pay another dime. The games price may well go up for the full release, who knows.
    It could be, but I got a message that it's on sale (steam) a little while back, so I doubt they will raise the price of the game when it gets to its full release, back to the original price yes, but don't think it'll be higher.

And yes, I'm one of the people who lurks on these fora and waits until the game is finished and has all it's features implemented properly, and from what I read I am glad I chose to do so. TW will get my money eventually though and until then I'll be contend just reading up on changelogs from updates they put and see how others experience the game in it's current state.

As for the OP, don't be bothered by people laughing at you because they got some kind of discount, there are plenty of people who get stuff on discounts where others paid full price for. If they mock you for it, try to find people who are simply happy they have the game too, and enjoy it with you without giving you stick about how much they paid for it compared to you.
  8. Ristridin

Ehh refunded it.

I'm sure the 470+ other negative reviews having the exact same issues are full of it as well? The frame rate is great, the damn thing just hiccup-lags every few seconds.

As for the controls... directional blocking only and no inverse mouse movement? (The only option I ever used.) The controls are basically a less responsive Mordhau at this point, and I refunded that one as well.

Those hiccup-lag spikes might be related to the memory issue I read a bunch people post about? Apparently on some machines the game gobbles up a lot of RAM/high CPU usage. I wouldn't like that much either tbh.
  9. Ristridin

The art style is cartoony

I dont think it looks cartoonish, it looks realistic to me, as much as it can for the engine. Also, no one was designing the characters, they are randomly named and generated in each new playthrough (except lords, who are named and designed). I like this as it diversifies each game even by a little bit
    Didn't know they are randomly generated with each playthrough. That is awesome, that would make it even more fun to start new games. Good thing they kept lords the same, otherwise you might not recognize your arch enemy from a previous 'incarnation' to rain down vengeance on him :smile:
  10. Ristridin

Taleworlds DEVs are you going to still work on the combat system?

That is what I feared! Well then I am gonna have to wait for a similar game that does not consider 3d combat as a throw away feature. I mean do people really play this game just auto resolving every battle? If this game had no 3d world just the map view would you play it? I would not because as a management game Civilization is better, I wanted to play bannerlord because it brings those two things together... Oh well it's a shame.
    TW has said that there are a lot of placeholders and repeated quests, areas, and dialogue in the game. They will gradually replace those with the definitive versions (thing about the layout of towns and villages, for example), I think they are right now quite busy with fixing performance issues I see people posting about. I wouldn't write of the combat system right away, If it really is as you described, (don't doubt you, but don't own the game myself) and more people are having these issues, they most likely will fix it. But keep in mind, it is the very first stage of EA, and their first priority is getting everyone able to play the game properly, after that it's a matter of which part of the game they pick first to improve and/or implement. Just keep telling them about it I suppose :wink:

Come to think of it, some kind of roadmap would be nice, they probably have one, and it would be nice if they would communicate that with us once they sorted out the core issues that people have right now.
  11. Ristridin

To many whining kids

To you I will say what I said before.

Dismissing complaints out of hand just because you are a fan of the game and no one should say anything against it at-all makes people like you the most toxic and hurtful members of the community. I love this game and yet I'm complaining, you want to know why? Because I want to see it grow and develop, there is no reason for toxic threads like this one to exist. Yes some of the criticism isn't exactly constructive, but neither is a load of rabid fanboys praising the game for finally being released and dismissing anyone who has the slightest bug or fault with it, I myself cannot even play the game currently. Yes, I do see it is frustrating to see people hate on a game you like, but that is no reason to bash anyone who has any critisism of it, no matter how valid, that sort of thing can easily turn away new players. So instead of just singing love and praise for Taleworlds and down with anyone who is having problems "Because I'm not having any.". Let's instead band together and tell Taleworlds what is missing and what should be fixed.

The game is in early access for a reason and that reason isn't to sing its praises from the rooftops and drown anyone who isn't doing likewise.

So, for having the opinion of not liking people use all kinds of harsh language because they run in to bugs in the game, which they should have known from the start will be in there in this stage. I am toxic and hurtful? I might have a strong opinion about certain subjects, but I don't think I am in the habit of using all kind of bad language about it. You are free to disagree with my point of view off course, but please don't describe me as toxic and/or hurtful, I'm not that. The things you mention are what I also said, and I never stated that only positive feedback should be posted. So I don't really see where the toxic and hurtful accusation comes from. If I offended you in some way I'm sorry for that, but please just say what it is I said that offended so I can try to avoid offending you (or others) in the future.

I understand it is necessary to have criticism about the game, and point out 'an mass' what is wrong with it so it can be improved, that's what I also said in the post you replied to. But in a concise and respectful manner, and not with bad language, that was what I was referring to when I posted.
    But if people can't 'deal' with a game in the state Bannerlord is in, they shouldn't play it in my opinion, they are only ruining an experience for themselves.
  12. Ristridin

To many whining kids

Indeed OP, if you can't deal with a buggy game that doesn't have all it's features implemented yet, don't buy the game. If you do, don't shout at developers. EA is precisely for this reason, have a large group of people play the game and provide developers with invaluable information about the things they have to fix before the full release of the game. There is a reason they gradually are going to implement other features in the game, so they can make the part that is released just right, and then focus on the new part, make that just right, and so on.
    I know I will get frustrated by the game in it's current state, so I won't buy it just yet, I'll keep an eye on the updates TW will launch, and once I think I can enjoy the game I'll buy it. No point in shouting all kinds of harsh language about something you should have known before you bought the game. Don't blame others for your own impatience and inability of dealing with bugs.

Don't let all the negativity put you down devs, the majority of people will love your game, and those numbers will grow with each new phase the game goes through.
  13. Ristridin

POLL: Should players be able to disable the aging mechanic?

Even though I don't own the game (going to, but not right now), I think it should be optional, or perhaps even an option to change the speed at which aging happens in game. But the latter might be tricky with how the world evolves over time. While I do like the idea of aging, I think it can be somewhat 'annoying' to invest so much in a character and his/her relationships only to have that disappear after a certain amount of game time. Right, the longer I think about it the more conflicted I become, showing why it should be optional if TW is even going to change it in the first place. It might play havoc on the game world evolution and it's underlying mechanics that are tied in to it.
  14. Ristridin

I want to marry Ira, but she immediatly divorces and marries my brother instead. How can i fix this?

Alternatively, how can I kill my brother to prevent this? It's such an annoying bug. I loaded a save since before I even met Ira and the same thing happened.
    Maybe the devs wrote jus primae noctis in the game? that would be savage, and it is probably just a myth anyway, so I think it's the (bed) bugs at work:wink:
  15. Ristridin

bannerlord is a malware ?

That happens sometimes with anti virus software, especially with newly launched games. Most anti virus software do have options to exclude a program so it can be installed/run on the system. Usually the developer of your anti virus software will fix that in their next update so it won't happen again, in the meantime try digging through the settings in Kaspersky, I can't help you with it since I don't run that program, but maybe someone else on these fora can help?
    And I'm quite sure Bannerlord is not malware:wink: , at least it is not if you acquired it through the legal stores.
  16. Ristridin

Worth the Price Tag?

It isn't the price of a new AAA game, those go for way more on average. As to the question if I think it is worth the current price, I don't think the game in it's current state is worth it, but that is just my opinion off course. And since I only can (and will) decide about my own money, I won't say anything about people who bought it, I just hope they enjoy it and have fun with it :smile:
    But I don't like the idea of buying a game in such an early stage of EA. I wait until most bugs are ironed out, and the game has a bit more content. Meanwhile I just browse these fora, follow the updates TW will put in the game, and at some point will buy the game. It's way to busy at work at the moment anyway, so I don't even have the time to play it properly anyway :smile:

Edit; Wait, I know it's off topic, but why am I all of a sudden a lady called 'Thera' and is my profile picture changed in said lady?
  17. Ristridin

Early Access Information

Thank you...

It's over...

20% off and earlier release! This is gud!

I bet they just testing if +20 influence works in real life too, they must have picked the surgeon/scholar/builder/etc. options at 'EA release' creation, I'm sure of it.
    And some points in persuasion to go along with it no doubt.

And now they are gathering us to conquer the world, lets just hope they don't order us to get them some cattle.

The permadeath feature in real life is, unfortunately, confirmed and cannot be disabled. :sad:
    Yep, and cheat menu isn't working either, tried Ctrl+X on my bank account and it didn't work. I want my money back :wink: :smile:

<Don't double post>
  18. Ristridin

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops The Great Poll about textile Colour

The use of color on the battlefield is well documented. The highly saturated artificial dyes as depicted in some of the images in this thread simply did not exist during the dark and middle ages. The colors should be a lot less saturated to be even remotely believable (NOT like the highly-saturated primary blue color in the previous post), but there SHOULD be a lot of colorful clothing, emblems, tabards, banners, and other items. The majority of the clothing shown so far looks too dark and depressing; there should be more natural off-white cloth (linen, wool, or cotton), a lot of it dyed in somewhat muted or slightly pastel shades.

The official faction color should be used by a lot of troops of the better-organized factions, particularly by their higher-paid professional troops, with far less uniformity among the loosely organized tribal factions or the conscripted levies.

As pointed out, Rome reserved the color purple for its ruling elite. The senators were allowed a narrow strip of purple on their togas, the emperor was permitted unlimited use of the color. True blue dyes were also rather hard to come by in the past (before the 1700s), so you'd rarely see it used for military uniforms where it would require significant quantities of blue dye, although it became fairly common by the 1800s.
    This kind of sums it up nicely. While the 'Hollywood color scheme' would be ridiculous imo, the use of colors could do with a bit less saturation, I agree. The game is inspired by quite a broad timeframe though, so less and more saturated colors, and the amount of colors can differ a lot between factions, clans, and troop types themselves even. All the same color is a no go I think though, parts of the clothing would be colored, but high status lords and knights would have had painted armor during the middle ages, so I wouldn't mind seeing those in game with colored armors, as long as they don't appear as 'my little pony lookalikes' :wink:
    On the other hand, I'm quite sure there will be a plethora of mods about the colors and appearance of troops in no time, and since you can't please everyone, ever, with a game when it comes to the apparel of the characters in it, I wouldn't worry to much :smile:
  19. Ristridin

Forum Bug/Issue/Error Reporting

You will need to login to the main website using your forum login info, and then head to the game registration area on the main site:

Once you register games there, you will have game ownership badges for them here.
    [/QUOTE]

Thank you, registered them, now have to see if they show :smile:
Back
Top Bottom