Search results for query: *

1. Game of Thrones - HBO TV series based on 'A Song of Ice and Fire'

Also, one of the theories is that the Night's King (God this name is so dumb) planned the whole thing from the start to get himself a dragon, which makes sense, as he had three Javelins ready, one for each. So maybe he brought the chains along. It might be from wreckage, like Krik said, or from weapons like that scythe they have at the wall. Or maybe the Others forged it. They forge their own armor (it looks metal-ish, even thought it's made of a glass-like substance in the books).
  2. Fallout 4

Ah, Bethesda. You keep finding new ways to fail, it's almost commendable.
  3. Game of Thrones - HBO TV series based on 'A Song of Ice and Fire'

Jaehaerys, Aerys' father, had dealings with Jenny of Oldstones (a.k.a. "The Ghost of High Heart" in one of the Arya chapters), a prophet of sorts who said that the prince that was promised would come from his line. As such, he commanded his son Aerys and his daughter Rhaella to marry in order to produce that "prince". Then Rhaegar was born in the same day of the Summerhall tragedy, which as mentioned, impacted him for all his life. Barristan said that he had a sort of sadness about him because of that. For a while, he thought he was the "prince", but then he realized it would be one of his children. Somewhere along the line ( I don't remember if that was part of the prophecy), came the idea that "the dragon must have three heads" and Rhaegar interpreted it to mean that he had to have three children. Elia Martell, however, was weak of health and could only give him two. So it is implied that he wanted Lyanna to bear his third. That being why he seduced and "kidnapped" Lyanna, which sparked the Rebellion.

Later on, the "prince" prophecy got a little bit conflated with the Azor Ahai one. I don't remember if Melisandre believed in the "prince" theory, but Maester Aemon would later realize that the High Valyrian word for "prince" is neutral and could mean male or female, and came to believe that Daenerys was that "prince". It makes sense, as Dany is of Jaeherys' line, but then again, so is Jon, if R+L=J is true in the books.

EDIT: My bad, Jenny and The Ghost are two different people, but it seems it was Jenny who introduced Jaeherys and the Ghost.
  4. Game of Thrones - HBO TV series based on 'A Song of Ice and Fire'

Of course, some theories believe that Rhaegar wasn't in love at all, and that everything he did with Lyanna was meant to fulfill the "prince that was promised" prophecy, including the kidnapping.
  5. Game of Thrones - HBO TV series based on 'A Song of Ice and Fire'

Sure, let's all forget Aerys cooked Rickard alive and Brandon strangled himself to death.
  6. Game of Thrones - HBO TV series based on 'A Song of Ice and Fire'

That's because his death was only a device for Jon to get angry. Really, Rickon is in the camp of those characters that were really underdeveloped in the show.
  7. Game of Thrones - HBO TV series based on 'A Song of Ice and Fire'

"Why does this family keep bringing up my sartorial choices during peak trauma moments?!"

:lol:
  8. Game of Thrones - HBO TV series based on 'A Song of Ice and Fire'

You're the one rooting for people clad in armor from head to toe (or would, if they wore any ****ing helms at all). I bet you're the sort who rides a bike wearing a helmet.

Try rooting for people who would slay a dragon wielding a sickle. I'd be much more impressed.
    :razz:

EDIT: Oops, did I say that? I mean,

u wot m8?! I'll wrek ur face i swer on me mam
  9. Game of Thrones - HBO TV series based on 'A Song of Ice and Fire'

I was re-watching some of the scenes of the last episode on youtube, when I realized that GOT has become so much about epic scenes and little about establishing scenes that you can pretty much watch all of last episode on youtube videos if you know the order they're in.

EDIT: About teams - Every time I want to side with one team or the next I keep thinking how much the peasants keep getting screwed over with all these wars and plotting. And then I just give up on rooting for one side or the other.
  10. Game of Thrones - HBO TV series based on 'A Song of Ice and Fire'

~Mikail said:
    Wigster600 said:
    Wouldn't Daenerys have Jamie killed for stabbing her father though? In the case of Jamie being captured.
    Yes but if Jaime does the same thing to Cersei she would forgive him.I mean if he somehow manage to escape and return to Cersei.
    Edit:On second thoughts,at least she would spare his life and send him to the wall.We'd watch him fighting against white walkers.Omg what if he is Azor Ahai?
    There was a scene last season when Tyrion explained that Mad Aerys had put caches of wildfire under the city, and IIRC he also said the only reason Aerys didn't go through with his plan was because Jaime stabbed the **** out of him. So I guess Dany wouldn't have too many hard feelings.

Speaking of which, you'd think that would show up as a sensible reason not to roast King's Landing from the get go, when they were discussing strategy in Dragonstone early in the season.  Unless they're saving it for when Dany invades and accidentally trigger the explosions. I'd be quite impressed if they did that. Might even keep up the tone of "Dragons are nukes" GRRM got going on in the books.
  11. Game of Thrones - HBO TV series based on 'A Song of Ice and Fire'

Beny said:
    (Yes I know he was aiming for Danerys)
    Still dragon-slaying, if you think about it.
  12. Game of Thrones - HBO TV series based on 'A Song of Ice and Fire'

@Radalan: Well, they are called Dothraki "Screamers". I thought the scene was meant to have a little western homage in it. I enjoyed it, if only for the laughs.

TheFlyingFishy said:
    Pretty sure I read that that was a calculated and consciously-made decision because it would be difficult to figure out who everyone is under helmets. They said they know it's not realistic, but is easier to follow.
    There are loads of ways they could do that. Scenes where they take off the helmet to talk to each other, more distinctive armors, open visor helms... It would make sense for them to take off their helms to rest and then get caught pants down by the Dothraki and Drogon. Also, I guess the concept of scouts is lost on Jaime if thousands of horsemen can just sneak up on them.

Comrade Temuzu said:
    I liked the scene where the squad of spearmen is burned to ash and then their ashen corpses get scattered by a blow of wind seconds after. Shows nicely that this dragonfire **** isn't your regular fire.
    Then again, they showed the Dothraki charging right through a wall of dragonfire.
    No scared horses, nobody caught on fire... Sigh.

Also,
    I'm pretty sure Bronn's going to save Jaime from drowning next episode, though I think Bronn might have been burned at least a bit by that dragonfire.
  13. Game of Thrones - HBO TV series based on 'A Song of Ice and Fire'

Right? AND NOBODY WEARS A ****ING HELM!

Also, I thought they really missed the opportunity to put Dany in badass plate armor. Arrows? No problemo. And the show knows enough not to put her in boob plate. At least, they did with Brienne.
  14. Game of Thrones - HBO TV series based on 'A Song of Ice and Fire'

Ok, that was awesome.  :shock:

Jaime prolly will be worse for wear though. He did fall in the water while wearing plate. I expect Bronn will save him, somehow.
  15. Game of Thrones - HBO TV series based on 'A Song of Ice and Fire'

Danath said:
    I want to formally present a hackcusation against the Lannisters. How many men have they lost fighting everyone (and losing against Robb) and still have that army? Without any gold in their mines? Cheaters, I tell you.
    Clearly they're using cheatmenu!
  16. Game of Thrones - HBO TV series based on 'A Song of Ice and Fire'

"I'm sorry, Sansa. I'm afraid I cannot do that."
  17. Game of Thrones - HBO TV series based on 'A Song of Ice and Fire'

Also, let's not forget that it is a long way from the wall to Winterfell.
Back
Top Bottom